Shy

unexpected
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyewon’s never had a problem with skinship. In fact, she believed that she was the best at it - one of her favourite things, even. She liked the warmth of her members’ hugs, the feel of their hands in hers and how squishy their cheeks were. She liked pulling them closer, and how embarrassed they would get if she got too close. It was so cute, and... maybe a little addicting.

 

She would initiate the skinship most of the time, and the members have gotten used to it. A hug, a cheek squish, crawling into a member’s bed for a cuddle - but no, that wasn’t the case with Jo Yuri.

 

Yuri loved skinship as much as Hyewon did. She liked being clingy and affectionate with her members. Hugs, cuddles, regular cheek squishing, cheek-to-cheek squishing. You name it. She wasn’t shy about initiating too, now that she’d gotten more comfortable with everyone.

 

Especially when it came to Hyewon.

 

Recently, Yuri had been coming too close. Way too close. Turn-your-head-and-you’ll-probably-accidentally-kiss-her close, and usually, if it were any other member, the older girl wouldn’t have minded. 

 

But this was Jo Yuri.

 

The object of Kang Hyewon’s affections. 

 

She was literally that close to her in those photos that she saw of them on Twitter the year before, and she was fine then.

 

She didn’t understand why her heart felt like it was going to burst out of her chest every time Yuri came too close nowadays. 

 

She might look calm, blocking Yuri’s lips every time she attempted to give her a kiss on the cheek, but on the inside, she felt like she was going to explode.

 

She was a little confused. She should be happy, right? (She was.)

 

 

“Minguri, come here!” a familar husky voice greeted Hyewon as she stepped out of her shared room with her members.

 

Yuri sat on their couch with a sleepy Nako resting on her right shoulder, and a clingy Hitomi on her left arm. Minju joined and clung onto Nako as well, joining her same-aged friends.

 

A passing thought. A little smile.

 

Cute. Yuri Her members were so cute.

 

“Morning.” Hyewon mumbled out, rubbing the sleep out of her eyes.

 

A series of “Morning, Hyung!”, “Good morning, Hyewon-unnie.”, “Morning, Kwangbae!” was heard.

 

It seemed that Eunbi has decided to invite Dorm 1 over so they can all have breakfast together. It wasn’t a common occurence after all since they were almost always on the go. It was nice to have breakfast together with all twelve of them once in a while before another day of hectic schedules begin.

 

“What’s for breakfast?” Hyewon asked as she turned her attention from the young ones and went to the kitchen, seeing Eunbi and Ch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter