Fansign | Part 1

unexpected
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Fansigns were Hyewon’s most favourite part of a comeback promotion cycle. She got to meet with WIZ*ONEs, let loose and have fun with her members. Sure, it that she couldn’t accept food from her fans - she still did anyway when the managers weren’t looking -  but it was a really stressful time preparing and making sure everything was perfect for the comeback, and she’d always end up feeling so light and happy on the drive back to the dorm after every fansign.

 

They were finishing up with the last of the albums that needed to be signed at that time. The members’ seating arrangements vary every fansign. It’s either there’s a set order - like from youngest to oldest and vice versa - or it’s completely random. That particular day, Hyewon sat at the far end of the table, right next to Hitomi and the girl that’s been clouding her mind (and her heart) for quite a while already.

 

Jo Yuri.

 

A small smile curved up the Hyewon’s lips as she glanced quickly over at the younger girl.

 

The opportunity to sit next to her, and play around with her during a fansign was also something that the older girl looked forward to recently as well.

 

Being around Yuri brought her so much joy, but at the same time, she also made her really nervous. She couldn’t think straight, and she’d often be distracted by the girl. She was almost thankful that she didn’t end up dormmates with the younger girl. Hyewon probably wouldn’t even survive if she saw Yuri all sleepy and adorable in the mornings wearing a cute pajama set with her fluffy bedhair every single day.

 

She was getting better at coping with these new-found feelings of hers though. She hid her nerves well, because as much as Yuri made her nervous, having her close to her was one of her most favorite things, and she wasn’t going to let her nerves get in the way of that.

 

Hyewon sighed. Seven months in, and she was already in too deep.

 

The older girl suddenly felt a wave of sadness. 

 

Seven months already. 

 

Time was going way too quickly to her liking. She’d grown really close to everybody, and though she seemed like she didn’t sometimes, she really did enjoy living the idol life. She just had trouble showing emotions sometimes, and her members... She couldn’t believe that in two years, she’d be apart from these girls that she now considered family. 

 

Separated from their noise.

 

Separated from their antics.

 

Separated from Yuri.

 

She looked down, distracting herself from these thoughts by sipping some water from her bottle.

 

“Unnie?” 

 

Hyewon lifted her eyes, and was met by warm chocolate hues.

 

“Why do you look upset?” Yuri pouted, leaning back in her seat and hugging a plushy that a fan has given her.

 

The older girl’s sad thoughts immediately disappeared, chuckling as she reached out to cup the girl’s chin.

 

“I’m not upset. What are you talking about?” Hyewon smiled, looking at the younger with fond eyes.

 

“Your eyes look sad.” Yuri leaned in closer.

 

“I-I’m not. Don’t worry about me.” Hyewon stuttered slightly, her breath hitching at how close she was, but she kept her composure, reaching out to put an arm around the girl. Yuri smiled and leaned into her unnie’s embrace, resting her head on her shoulder.

 

Yuri was so close, that Hyewon couldn’t even hear the sound of the fansites’ continuous camera shutte

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter