.v.

Gravity - a SeulKai novel ;

She still had to develop some aspects of her complicated plan. She had thought about it more than an ordinary person would have done but there were two things to take into consideration: she was alone and, more important, she wasn’t an ordinary person. She wanted her plan to work, to be perfect, no one should have doubted her, she was willing to put up with a few collateral damages as long as her hands looked clean. She just had to prepare the table for those ‘collateral damages’ that the explosion of the bomb would have caused. That’s why the next morning she arrived at Dinasty looking breathless, she ran as fast as she could to the control room where the cameras, the alarms, the electricity, everything was handled perfectly. When she came in everyone stood up. It was rare to see her entering that room, that was probably her first time. She looked at one of the men who she knew was in charge of the security cameras and got closer to him.

 

Good morning miss. What brings you here?

 

He greeted her in an extremely formal way. Everyone could tell why he was assigned such a role just by looking at him. He looked as someone who could sort out any problem in less than five minutes, exactly the kind of person she needed.

 

I forgot some of my belongings here in the last few days, I want to track them by watching the cameras recordings to figure out who took them. Is this possible?

 

She firmly asked staring at the man in the eyes. It was his job to scan whoever stood in front of him like that, even the daughter of the man who owned one of the most important South Korean company, one of the 100 biggest ones in the world.

 

It’s not something we do because of privacy. If you tell us what you lost and when, we can look for it and give you the results of the research in 24 hours.

 

This could have been a problem for anyone else, but not for her. If she had to act insane, she would have done it. If she had to go to her father and make him fire that man, she would have done it, even if he seemed to be looking at her understanding her intention. He stared at her like that probably because that resting face was part of him. He had to look convincing, he couldn’t make an exception even for his employer’s daughter.

 

I can’t tell what this is about. It is – it is so embarrassing…

 

In that moment blushing would have been pretty useful to make that situation more dramatic. She knew what she wanted wasn’t easy to obtain, but she had many cards to play. The man raised an eyebrow. Seulgi touched her cheeks as if they were hot.

 

It’s not something actually legal…

 

She mumbled while faking an embarrassed laugh staring at the floor, trying to look as convincing as possible.

 

I want it to stay between these walls, not to mention the fact that it would imply not respecting my privacy.

 

She pressed her lips and made eye contact with the man: Kim Jiwon, that was the name written on his badge.

 

I’m sorry, but I have to insist…

 

What she had imagined to be something simple turned out harder than she had planned. She thought that her surname was the key to anything, even the moon if she wanted it, but she couldn’t crack that man.

 

You’ll be very sorry! You have my word!

 

She threatened slamming the door behind her back. She took the elevator and pushed the button of the floor she was headed to. Kim Jiwon would have found himself jobless like that. She started to make a new plan when the elevator, halfway to the floor, suddenly stopped. She looked around. The red light was flashing over her head, then the communication, that only she could hear, started.

 

Come back here before closing time.

 

The communication ended and the elevator started to go up again, but Seulgi didn’t need to see her father anymore. She got out and went to her office when an announcement sounded throughout the whole building: ‘we apologize for the sudden interruption of the elevators, an undeclared emergency test was occurring. The voice stopped as she threw herself on the armchair and stared at Seoul, outside the window, at her feet, as it had always been.

 

That day seemed to never end, even Doyeon and Jongin meeting at the café of the company didn’t bother her enough to make a scene, that usually helped to pass the hours at Dinasty. She didn’t want to start screaming when she was silently working on something way worse. She made it to the evening thinking about that, when the administration office were closed and even her father had already gone home. There were only some managers, some cleaning ladies, the night security men and a few new trainees that still felt like keeping their nose to the grindstone. Each one of them bowed when she walked past them. They were extremely young. She greeted them with a tiny head nod, which she usually wouldn’t have done, but she was in a good mood and she showed it like that. She arrived in front of the door of the control room and knocked. No one invited her to come in and she took the initiative. The room was empty. She closed the door behind her back and walked towards the monitors, all lined up and off, except for one which was flashing. She got closer and as soon as she touched the mouse the monitor switched on, a message only for her eyes appeared: the cameras are in standby mode so that you can enter and leave the room without being seen. When you leave be sure to digit the code on the keypad next to the door. After that you have twenty seconds to go. Close the door and wait until you hear the sound of the electronic lock. As for the computer, the interface is very intuitive, do what you have to do. Remember to switch it off.

The work took longer than expected, not everything she was looking for was at hand, some recordings were extremely old and watching them fully required hours. It was at 3 am that she downloaded all that she needed on a flash drive and followed the instructions that had been left for her. At the door she checked if someone was passing, even if no one could come to the basement except for the security men. She inserted the code and locked the door, she made sure she hadn’t left anything behind and that it was well sealed. That night she slept perfectly.

 

She waited for the weekend to come before ticking something off the list of things to do for her plan. She didn’t want to rush it, she didn’t want to be imprecise. She didn’t want her plan to fail or to be exposed. Acting in a misunderstanding way would have drawn too much attention on her, for once not wanted. She kept on being the same controlling Seulgi all the week, with her arrogant ways, she even told her group of convenient friends that she would have spent the weekend alone. No news. To keep a profile as low as possible that day she dressed anonymously, a hat on her head, glasses and she tried to put on little makeup. She had to be totally insignificant and she didn’t want people to recognize her, at least those were her intentions, and when she entered the internet point, her target to start moving the first pawns, no one seemed to do it. She sat behind a computer, created a new email, a new Twitter account, not linked to her, and contacted some people who suited her plan. Ten different people, each one of them chosen carefully. The message was the same for all of them.

 

Hello, I’ve been keeping an eye on you for a while and I think you could serve my purpose. I know who you are, so to speak, but who I am is not important. I’ve got significant information on the idol you say you love so much. At the internet point of Yongsan Station I’ve left a flash drive in the air vent of the post 17. Bring a device with you, download what’s on it, then put it back where it was. Don’t let anyone see you.

 

She sent the same message to everyone, stayed there for a few more minutes not to arouse suspicion and to check that no one had noticed her. Luckily there was a station nearby and the revolving door of people, some way more suspicious than here, made it impossible for anyone to care about a normal girl who was watching videos of Kang Seulgi on YouTube. After twenty minutes she decided to get up. The message had been sent and someone wouldn’t have resisted the temptation. She went back home, now she only had to wait. How long, she didn’t know, but it lasted more than she had imagined and the temptation of going back to the café to get her flash drive was strong, but perhaps it was better that way. Revenge is a dish best served cold and it was better for the situation to explode far from her most unusual behaviour. Everything went back to its normal daily routine, which included harassing Nebulae, barking at Jongin and making fun of her father and then acting even too nice when she wanted something — something that she couldn’t afford with her credit cards, the list was extremely short. She wasn’t a patient person, in fact she was used to have everything and immediately, even in the rare relationships she had had she had rushed into it. For her waiting meant being left behind and being left behind meant being supplanted. But for her revenge… for that she could wait. Patience gave her benefits four weeks later on Wednesday. She woke up founding so many missed calls on her telephone, not only from her father, but even from her secretary, from her assistant and from people who she had ever barely spoke to. Even her convenience ulzzangs had called her. The texts were slightly less than a hundred and reading all of hem was impossible. She scrolled through reading only the previews: urgent, scandal, Nebulae, Doyeon, Jongin. Right in that moment her telephone rang, it was her father. She picked up.

 

Seulgi, I need you to come here immediately, I need all the help possible, never… in so many years of career…

 

She didn’t even bother to calm him down, he was so rushed, nervous, tense that he probably wouldn’t have even understood what she wanted to tell him: some bull to make him feel better like ‘everything’s going to be alright’. She told him that she would have come as soon as possible instead, pretending not to understand the reason of so much hurry and what was happening.

 

I’m coming, I hope it’s important!

 

She barked as usual and hung up. This time around she didn’t had to fake anything. She fell back on her bed and started laughing.

 

 

Autor’s note:

 

Hello friends and welcome to another update!

 

This time around i have to say that i’m sorry because it took me a long time to update and i don’t even have any excuse nor justification for it, i mean the chapter was already ready weeks ago and still i wasn’t able to update the story. I had some personal issues going on, and some… You know my mind wasn’t as good as i hoped it to be so i wasn’t in the mood to update, but now i’m quite better, maybe because it’s spring and spring always makes me happy. That’s why i hope in the future my update can bring you more happiness and lift your mood up!

 

This time around the chapter is a crossing point, many things will happen in the next one so i hope you guys can look forward to it! Let me know if you enjoyed this chapter too, if you liked it give it a thumbs up, comment anything in the comment section down below and subscribe to the story too! Let’s meet soon on the next chapter ♡