1st Night

Lost in Confusion

 

 

The next morning which is the day of their camp, Kim Chaewon found herself being surrounded by four girls who can’t shut up from too much excitement and her best friend who was busying herself over her phone.

 

She felt guilty towards the younger girl for lying yesterday so she mustered up all her courage to approach Wonyoung and prepared herself to put up another act to hide her true feelings to the latter.

 

"Wonyoungie~ Are you still mad at me for leaving you yesterday?” She tried her best in acting cute to get the attention of her best friend and she succeeded. “Look, I’m sorry for lying and I can’t give you an acceptable reason because I don’t even know why I did that.”

 

She saw no reaction from the latter but a poker face, ‘There she goes again with that face, I swear she’s the scariest when she stays quiet and ignores me like this!’ She whined under her breath while still having a staring contest with Wonyoung.

 

Instead of continuing on with ignoring Chaewon, Wonyoung couldn’t take it anymore and stifled her best friend into a hug which the latter didn’t expect.

 

With that, Chaewon’s body stiffened, she can feel her heart drumming inside her chest but being the great pretender she is, she was able to put up mask big enough to hide all the raging feelings she’s currently having.

 

She hugged and tapped Wonyoung’s back, “I c-can’t breathe you know.” she complained to the tall girl.

 

Wonyoung chuckled as she withdraws her hands from hugging Chaewon, “I’m still not completely forgiving you though.” She jokingly rolled her eyes and crossed her arms while cutely pouting.

 

"wHaT Do yoU meAn?! The bus will be here soon! I can’t buy you a mint choco ice cream right now!”

 

"Oh, that would do too but I have something different in mind!”

 

Chaewon released a relieved sigh, “Then, that’s good. Tell me what it is.”

 

Wonyoung draws near the older girl and leaned closer to the latter’s ear to whisper. In a span of seconds, Chaewon’s smile changed from a happy one into a pained and forced one.

 

As she saw how her best friend was smiling excitedly, she had no choice but to nod and accept her favor.

 

Their conversations were all cut off when they noticed the bus approaching. Out of excitement, they raced for the bus door. Yena was able to enter first and she saw another group of goddesses already seated. “Waaaahh, you guys are here too?!”

 

"I guess only goddesses are invited to the camp.” Nagyung chuckled.

 

The ten girls, having met before, greeted each other gleefully. After greeting each other, the newly entered group of six settled themselves on their own seats.

 

"Did you guys heard that the other 11 students are from the main campus?”-Eunbi

 

"Hmm. We’re friends with the other 5, I guess.”-Saerom

 

The two oldest of the group were talking while the others were minding their own business.

 

"Oh, is it them? The other half of your group?” Saerom nodded at Eunbi’s question. “That’s good then, less introduction. I wonder who the remaining 6 are.”

 

"You haven’t heard? I thought Wonyoung’s friend’s friends were coming.” Eunbi suddenly became quiet as she processed the complexed information she got.

 

Meanwhile, upon hearing her name, Wonyoung cut in their conversation. “Yup eonnie! Yujin told me she and some of her friends were invited!” Eunbi let out an ‘ohh’ finally understanding and at the same time, she and the other 3 girls diverted their attention to Chaewon who they know was pretending to sleep.

 

Hitomi who was beside Chaewon tried to . “Sooooo, someone will not be getting the attention of her best friend for the camp huh? How tragic can that be?”

 

Little did they know that Chaewon was currently lost in confusion. Her feelings were all mixed up; hurt, sad, excited and she some other emotions she doesn’t recognize. 

 

At first, when she accidentally saw that the girl who caught her attention in the PC Bang was going to attend a camp, she had a hunch that it was the same camp that she was supposed to ditch. That became her reason to attend the said camp. She was looking forward to seeing and finally knowing the girl's name but when she heard Wonyoung's favor earlier she can't help but forget her main reason in attending the camp.

 

"Yujin's invited to the camp and I think this is my chance to confess my love to her. Please help me eonnie, I can trust you right?"

 

She was confused, confused about her feelings between her best friend and the girl in the PC Bang. The girl whom she likes since high school or the girl in the PC Bang who makes her feel the same way as how her best friend does or maybe even more. Worse is, she assumes that the latter likes her and it's making her crazy.

 

She contemplated her complicated situation all throughout the drive that she didn't notice that the bus already reached their destination until Hitomi hit her arms. "Kim Chaewon, how long are you going to keep sitting there? Everybody is already preparing their things and here you are still sitting like a fool for whatever reasons." Hitomi immediately left after informing Chaewon. The latter looked around and surely no one was there except the driver who was getting impatient.

 

She instantly stood up and ran for the door, she saw her friends already gathered up with her things. She sighed and made her way towards them.

 

As she was walking she glanced around. The place was surrounded by trees. It's as if they're in the middle of the forest. She can see rooms just behind the gathered girls. For some it may look creepy and secluded but it was safe heaven for her.

 

"The other students arrived 2 hours earlier than you guys and we already arranged the rooms. Each of you will be paired up with them and one room will have three girls." A lady said and handed out a card for each of them, she assumed it was one of the staff.

 

"Even the staffs are women huh?" Hitomi said which made all the girls observe everything around them.

 

"Now that you said it, all the students who were invited are only girls which means the staff that the organization sent were all women too so you girls don't have to worry about anything." The staff who handed out the cards and seemed to be the one leading the camp said.

 

"That's a relief!" They cheered at the news. 

 

"Now, your rooms are indicated in the card. You should all proceed now and take a rest or do anything you want for the remaining hours of the day. We'll start the activity tomorrow. We wish you to spend a good time while in this camp!" With that said, everybody minded their own business.

 

"Yuri-ah! Let's take a look around!" Yena grabbed Yuri's arms but the latter won't budge.

"I'd rather rest and sleep in the room than that. We're going to explore tomorrow anyways."  

 

Chaewon headed to her room but Wonyoung stopped her, "Eonnie, What room are you in? I'm in room 5."


"I'm in the last room. Why?"

 

"Eh? That's far but I'll come to your room later okay? We'll talk about that"

 

"Sorry Wonyoung-ahh, I'm tired so maybe let's plan for that tomorrow. I just want to rest today." She walked past the taller girl and continued to walk towards her assigned room.

 

"O-okay, I understand," Wonyoung mumbled.

 

Chaewon turned the knob and slowly opened the door, she found no lights on. Her eyes wandered around inside and she noticed a person lying on the top bunk, back facing her. Afraid of waking up the stranger, she quietly settled her things first and made her way to the bottom bunk as quiet as possible. She made herself comfortable by lying in the bed and in no time, due to the tiring long drive, she fell asleep.

 

 

------------

 

 

 

Chaewon woke up to the sound of someone entering the room. As she opened her eyes, she saw a familiar figure by the door. When she recognized who the stranger was, she jolts up from lying in the bed, almost bumping her head in the metal.

 

"What the. Is this what they call destiny? If it is, then ew, it's cringe asf."

 

She was in a daze. First, it turns out that her hunch was right. Second, out of many probabilities of rooming with other students, she was paired up with her. She can't believe how luck was on her side.

 

"Oh? You're awake, I'm sorry if I bothered your sleeping but dinner is served. I'll be your roommate for the rest of the camp. Name's Kim Minjoo." The girl who introduced herself as Kim Minjoo walked towards Chaewon who still can't believe everything's that happening. She extended her right hand to the girl sitting on the bed while smiling innocently. She didn't know that her smile was killing Chaewon for her heart was drumming against her chest.

 

"K-Kim Chaewon." she stuttered. Minjoo waited for Chaewon to shake her hand but she noticed that the latter isn't going to, so she retrieved her hand.

 

"Kim Chaewon huh? Sounds familiar, I wonder where I heard that name."

 

Chaewon panicked, "Y-you probably h-heard it f-from the others o-outside." 

 

"I don't think so~ but nevermind that. You should fix your things and prepare for dinner now. Everyone's already outside waiting for us."

 

"Uhh yeah. You should probably go first." She was finally able to speak without stuttering and started to organize her clothes.

 

"Of course I should, did you think I'd wait for you?" Minjoo teasingly said and immediately ran off.

 

Chaewon was left in the room, mouth hanging while staring at the slammed door by Minjoo, "Rude, her face is like an angel but she has an opposite personality." 

 

 

------------

 

 

"Daebak! Daebak! Daebak!" Yuri repeatedly shouted while approaching her group of friends and the girls turned their heads almost at the same time to focus their attention on her.

 

"Stop being so noisy, you're not the only person here. Where's Chaewon?"
"I thought that Minjoo girl volunteered to wake her up so why did my baby have to go too?"
"Yeah, she said they're roommates so it's normal for her to be the one to wake her up but Eunbi eonnie sent Yuri eonnie just in case."
"Just in case Chaewon murders that Minjoo girl for ruining her beauty rest."
"HII-CHAN!!!" They all said in-sync while Hitomi just shrugged.

 

"Yah! Listen to me, this is a news that you guys will never hear again for the rest of your lives."
"Why? Are we going to die tonight?"
"It's because a poisonous duck will be grilled tonight."
"Yah! Hitomi! Who said I'm poison-

"Stop with the side comments and let Yuri speak already!" With the oldest getting pissed and shouting. They all zipped their mouths shut except for Yuri.

 

"THE GREATEST PRETENDER KIM CHAEWON JUST FCKING STUTTERED IN FRONT OF THAT KIM MINJOO GIRL!" 

"Stuttered? Not a big deal though." -Wonyoung
"But why do we refer to her as 'that Minjoo girl' though." -Yena
"No need to be so hyped gurl." -Hitomi

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Wait, what?! Chaewon?! The Kim Chaewon?!" -Eunbi
"Never thought stuttered and Kim Chaewon can be joined in one sentence." -Hitomi

 

"Never thought that Kim Minjoo girl can still get out of their room alive," Yena said while glancing behind Yuri and everyone followed. They switched their gazes to the girl who was heading to their direction with a wide smile on her face. Their tongue was itching to ask what happened inside the room that made their great pretender stutter and Hitomi was the only brave character who actually spoke up.

 

Once the girl was near enough, she blocked her way, "So, I heard you made our friend stutter, how'd you do that?"

 

Minjoo was surprised by the sudden interference in her way and the question thrown at her just made her wonder, "It's pretty normal for people to stutter when Minjoo's around. I mean who wouldn't? You're basically talking to a goddess. I think that friend of yours like my friend here. But who doesn't?" A girl with blonde hair suddenly cut in the conversation and pulled Minjoo away with her.

 

"Chaeyeon~"

 

"I don't and that's rude, I was still talking to her."
"I think they're on a relationship?"
"Why? Aren't we in one too?"
"Where's Wonyoung by the way?"

 

As if on cue, Chaewon and Wonyoung both got out of the room and was now heading towards them. They may have been ignored the topic but the four of them were considering what Chaeyeon have said earlier but they decided to open up the topic privately.

 

 

-

 

After a long wait, everybody was finally gathered in one place. The staff was giving out information for their activities tomorrow but a certain group of six girls was uninterested. Wonyoung was having a staring contest with a girl from the other group, Chaewon was too preoccupied in her own world while the other four were having their little talk over whispers and snickers.

 

"I smell something fishy about this."
"Eunbi, I think you're forgetting something. There isn't any fish served in the table."
"I feel like roasting a duck this evening."
"Just ignore her Hii-chan. Eunbi eonnie, I think we should take action. Chaewon being interested and actually joined the camp with her condition was weird enough and now this?"

"Yup, it's definitely weird but we don't have to exaggerate and go that far." Eunbi tried to shut the topic down as she finally spotted the girl she's been looking for. Being the brave girl she is, she ditched her friends and immediately sat in the chair across the said girl.

 

"Now she's the one getting weird. It's just the start of the camp but everyone around me is already... ugh." Hitomi whined and rolled her eyes when she saw Yuri and Yena clung into each other after Eunbi left them. She glanced at the table and headed for the chair beside Chaewon.

 

Chaewon lost her appetite. After the long ride and the sleep she had, she's supposed to become hungry but the opposite happened. She couldn't bear to stay in the table any longer, not with Wonyoung flirting with Yujin beside her, she couldn't talk to Hitomi either because the latter was too busy with her food. Worst of all, she can definitely feel someone stealing glances at her from time to time.

 

Almost everyone was finished with their dinner but Chaewon's was still untouched, "If you don't mind, can I have yours?" Someone asked and it grabbed Chaewon's attention. She looked across her and found a girl waiting for her reply.

 

"Wah Hyewon, have some shame will you?" The smol girl beside Hitomi commented while Hyewon was grabbing Chaewon's plate when she nodded. With that, everyone in the table laughed and started introducing themselves. Later on, the table was filled with girls who became comfortable with each other in just a span of minutes.

 

-

 

 

It was already midnight when Chaewon decided to head to her room. She bid goodbye to the girls left who were still enjoying their storytelling.

 

Truth was, earlier, some of the girls already headed to their respective rooms a few minutes after dinner, including Minjoo. Chaewon was too nervous to stay in one room with her, so she waited until it became late because she thinks Minjoo would already be asleep.

 

Once outside their room, she hesitated to turn the knob. She stayed still for five minutes. After calming herself, she slowly opened the door and her eyes immediately focused on the top bunk which was empty. 

 

She turned the lights on and saw no hint of someone occupying the room for the last 4 hours. "She left like 2 hours ago so why isn't she here?"

 

She sighed out of disappointment. To ease the raging confusuon inside her she decided to have a walk outside for some fresh air and to gaze at her most favorite place in the world.

 

Up above where the stars and moon are taking charge of beautifully lighting up the dark sky.

 

She was welcomed by the cold air as soon as the door opened. She stepped outside and noticed a few more people at the table. She became even more disappointed seeing the supposed to be starry sky being covered with clouds.

 

It was time for an advice. She headed for the room of what she thought the most decent person out of her friends. The first room that three people are occupying. She didn't feel the need to knock so she turned the knob and pushed the door.

 

She froze on her spot as the two girls who were cuddling got away from each other, surprised by the unexpected guest. Chaewon was quick to get herself together but was stuttering as she asked, "S-sorry for suddenly b-barging  in b-but is Eunbi here?" She looked everywhere but the two.

 

"Uhh she and Sakura went out, said they were going to have some private conversation. That was like 2 hours ago after we came here but they still haven't returned." The blonde girl, who was named Chaeyeon if she remembers, was the one who answered her.

 

Silence.

 

Chaewon was still holding the door knob. Chaeyeon was smiling at her and her supposed-to-be-roommate was feeling uneasy with the awkward situation.

 

It was killing Chaewon inside. It may be too fast but she assumed that Minjoo would finally be the one to get her out of her feelings for Wonyoung but the latter was already in a relationship. The view earlier and the atmosphere in that certain four-cornered room was suffocating her. 

 

She bowed and brisked her way to the last room. There was something inside her that was hoping Minjoo would chase after her and explain. Though she doubt that, why would a girl that knew of her existence and her name like 6 hours ago do that? She thought she didn't even have the right to feel and think that way.

 

But then she heard it and her heart went drumming against her chest again. Really really fast and loud.

 

 

"Chaewon-ssi!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

-to be continued-

 

 

============

 

Sorry if this chapter seemed to be rushed even with that long period of time. ENOZI Cam ep16 is what pushed my lazy to update sooo that's the result. 

 

But what do you think Minjoo should say? Comment down your thoughts and thank you for reading :)

 

ps: sorry my brain can't produce a better title…