Paired (Part 1)

Lost in Confusion

 

 

[Note: I will be focusing solely on our main characters for their introduction & spin the bottle. I will also cut this chapter into two for its too long.]

 

Once everyone was gathered inside the main hall, they saw a two separated table, one has 10 chairs and the other has 11 chairs. Each table had one bottle and cards in it. The girls had different reactions, some were confused with the separate tables, some were excited that they already took a seat and some just didn’t care.

 

“Okay, everyone! Form a circle first and listen up!” The hall quieted down as they heard one of the staff supposedly named Ain, spoke, “We’ll be dividing you guys into two groups because we have assigned different quests for each because obviously, you guys are too many to be in one group. So we have a box here, just pick a card and go to your respective table.”

 

Eunbi raised her hand and asked, “Aren’t we too old for quests?”

 

“But you aren’t too old for prizes, right?” Ain replied.

 

“You bet,” Eunbi smirked.

 

Saerom raised her hand this time and asked, “This is all about teamwork right?” Ain nodded at her question and she continued, “Then, I already have a team. I wouldn’t mind having a 9 member group.”

 

“Uhh, you sure about that?”

 

“Yep, besides we’ve known each other for a long time so teamwork isn’t a problem. But we’re still doing the TMI thing.” Hayoung said.

 

The staff just nodded to them, “Okay, you guys are the boss. So the remaining 12 will be a team, please have your seats now.” Knowing where they belong, they arranged the chairs and took their seats. “As instructed earlier, everyone will introduce their own selves and you’re up for spin the bottle. Now you guys are on your own. Have fun!”

 

After the staff’s introduction, the twelve-member group’s table was quiet. They were just observing everybody and waiting for someone to lead them, unlike the other group that was already starting.

 

The silence continued for a few minutes until Eunbi clapped her hands to call the attention of the girls from her table. “We just wasted seven minutes and we’re not achieving something here. So because no one else wants to speak first, I’ll take the lead so shall we start? Who wants to go first?”

 

Yena raised her hand, “A normal introduction would be boring and besides we already introduced ourselves last night at dinner. The staff didn’t say anything about not making it interesting or whatever. And because me Choi Yena is born to be extra, we should make it extra-er”

 

“Nice rhyme but “extra-er” is not a word,” Nako said which Yena just ignored.

 

“For introductions let’s have 2 truths and a lie, how’s that?” With the mention of the game, the girls in the table become more interested and Eunbi saw that.

 

“So I assume everyone’s good with that? Okay, I guess not, what would you like to recommend then?” Eunbi pointed out Yujin who raised her hand.

 

“I’m good with it but instead of 2 Truths and lie only let’s have 2 Truths and a Dream Wish too? So we have a choice?” Yujin suggested and looked at the others' reaction, which was a better one than before.

 

“Ohh~ nice idea. I like how you think bud!” Yena nodded in satisfaction and had a high-five with Yujin.

 

“I guess now everyone’s okay with that.” Everyone nodded so Eunbi continued, “So who should start?” after asking everyone’s eyes were on her, telling her that she should start. Eunbi sighed and was about to start but was again cut off by Wonyoung.

 

“But eonnie! The six of us,” Wonyoung gestured to her friends from the same campus, “know each other. And I assume you guys too?” Now she gestured at the other six.

 

The other six girls looked at each other and suddenly a tension formed between them but nonetheless, Minjoo nodded, “Y-yeah, I guess you c-could say that.” She stuttered.

 

Wonyoung whispered to Yuri who was sitting in her left, “Okay, did you feel that slight tension between them just now?” Yuri nodded in agreement.

 

“Then divide- again,” Yena said and stood up. “Now let’s make it a game between ourselves I mean a game makes everything extra interesting. When it’s our turn, you guys should vote on which of the statements is the lie or the Dream Wish, vice versa. The losing team will have a punishment.” Now that they made the activity interesting to the full extent everyone was itching to start the game and some girls were getting too competitive now that they made it into a game.

 

“You heard the duck now let’s get this over with,” Hitomi said as she put a coin out. “Heads or Tails?”

 

“Heads” Chaeyeon immediately said and the opposite team had no choice but to have the tails.

 

Hitomi flipped the coin strongly and caught it mid-air, she landed it on the table which made everyone tense. “BGM please.” She said while her right hand was still covering the coin. Nako who was at her right made a drumming noise that added up to everyone’s nervousness. Hitomi chuckled as she observed everyone’s face. “You guys are too serious with this.”

 

“For god’s sake! Just- let’s just see the result!” Sakura said, obviously getting annoyed with all the tense.

 

“How about guessing what came out?” Everyone disagreed that made Hitomi chuckle again. “A point for the team who gets the right-” she was cut off as everyone complained again. “Okay okay, calm down. Here goes.” She peeked at the result first and she smirked that made everyone confused. Slowly, she removed her hands to see the head part of the coin plastered on the table.

 

Chaeyeon’s team heaved a sigh of relief while Eunbi and her team glared at Hitomi. “What’s with that smirk then?!” Yena said, a little annoyed but Hitomi just shrugged.

 

“So which one of you guys will go first?” Chaeyeon asked Eunbi’s team and they all looked at Hitomi.

 

“Ehhh?! But I just flipped the coin~” Hitomi said and did some aegyo to avoid going first. Everyone except Yena, who covered her eyes immediately, became soft. Hitomi smirked at Yena because she knew she was off the hook.

 

“I’ll go first.” Chaewon said she cleared first before starting, “2 truths and a lie. I hate Yena, I hate ducks, I hate mint-chocolate flavored ice cream.”

 

Eunbi and her team tried to maintain a poker face but Yena raged, she complained but the others just ignored her. Meanwhile, Chaeyeon’s team started discussing.

 

Yujin took the initiative to speak first, “We need some strategy here, first everyone’s going to share their opinion with reasons of course, and decide for our guess.

 

Sakura nods while clapping, “Obviously the lie’s the second one, that was so random."

 

Hyewon agreed, “Yeah because the third one’s true, I mean who doesn’t hate mint choco ice cream?”

 

“I’m here, btch but I agree with Sakura.” Nako scoffed as she glared at Hyewon which the latter just shrugged.

 

Everyone looked at Minjoo who raised her hand before talking, “For me, it’s the first one. I mean who would hate their own friends?”

 

Chaeyeon pats her best friend's back while shaking her head, “You’re too kind for your own good, Minjoo-ah. You know, I’ve been observing Chaewon-ssi and she glares at Yena every time she gets the chance to so I vote for the second one too. How about you Yujin?”

 

Yujin waved her hands off, “It doesn't matter though, the second statement already got four votes.”

 

“That’s unfair bruh, you’re the one who said everyone’s going to share their opinion,” Nako complained

 

Yujin sighed, “I got no other choice, do I?” They all shook their heads except Minjoo, who wouldn’t dare look at her for more than three seconds. “I got no proof but I had a gut feeling that the third one would be the lie and I trust that.” She observed their reaction but they just kept quiet. “Okay! Silence means we’ll go with the second statement.”

 

After their short discussions, they faced the other group and Sakura was the one in-charge for telling their guess. Yena stopped the glaring battle happening between her and Chaewon to listen.

 

“So we have decided to vote for “I hate ducks” Chaewon-ssi” Sakura said as she made air quotes.

 

Chaewon raised an eyebrow and smirked at them, “You sure about that?” she said that suddenly made Sakura and her group unsure. “I think you should discuss again?”

 

Sakura glanced at her group and discussed again.

 

“You guys, no need to be so intimidated, it’s just the first round, we’ll always have another chance,” Yujin said to convince them and she did. She saw them nod and decided to give it a go. She faced Chaewon, who was observing them. “No changes Chaewon-ssi.”

 

“Roger that. Yuri answer for me will you?”

 

Yuri made an ‘x’ with her arms indicating that they were wrong. “Chaewon’s a freak for mint-chocolate ice cream.”

 

Chaeyeon’s team just nodded and smiled at their loss but wasn’t that down while Eunbi’s team were getting fired up. Eunbi marked a point for their win.

 

The game continued with Nako, Hitomi, Hyewon, and Yena. It was Chaeyeon’s turn and the score was 3-2, in favor of Eunbi’s team.  

 

“2 truths and a lie. I almost burned the kitchen once when I tried cooking, I’ve never been in a relationship, I’m as light as a feather.” Upon finishing her sentence, Chaeyeon and Minjoo looked at each other which Chaewon unintentionally saw. She should be happy because she was sure of the answer but her emotions betrayed her.

 

She went over her teammates and cut in in their discussion. “The second one is the lie,” she said but Yuri waved her off.

 

“Eyy. The first one seems more like the lie. No one would be that clumsy to actually burn their kitchen.”

 

Hitomi rolled her eyes at Yuri. “Psh. Yuri-ah do you know that a whole Choi Yena exists? She literally set a fire in my kitchen once.”

 

“Why would she not know the love of her life,” Wonyoung mumbled.

 

Yena stood and raised her hands, clearly annoyed. “Okay stop! I’ve gotten enough insults for today. Let’s go back to find the lie. For me, the lie is the third one because IF SHE WAS THEN THE WIND WOULD HAVE ALREADY BLOWN HER AWAY.” she said which made all five girls facepalm.

 

Eunbi forced Yena to sit, “Choi Yena you have stated enough nonsense too. Let’s leave her out of this. Chaewon what’s your reason?”

 

Chaewon stuck her tongue out at Yena who had her arms crossed before she reasoned, “Unnie, I already told you earlier about what I saw in your room and just after she finished her sentence the two of them locked eyes with each other.”

 

“Ahh right, should we go for the second one then?” She looked at the other girls as she asked.

 

“I really don’t understand what the two of you are talking about but I feel otherwise. Yah! Kim Chaewon let’s bet on this one-” Before Yena could finish her sentence, Wonyoung cuts her off.

 

“Yena eonnie, I love you but could you please shut up just this once?”

 

Upon hearing that, Yena leaned back on her seat and looked down while pouting. Yuri laughed at the sight but nevertheless walked towards her, squeezed herself in beside Yena and hugged her which made Yena return the hug.

 

“Ugh, you two stop flirting in front of my salad,” Hitomi said as she literally holds one cup of salad in her hand and takes a spoonful of it. The girls looked at her with confused faces.

 

“Uhh excuse me, but how’d you suddenly have that?” Their attention all went to the other group, specifically at the girl who was asking.

 

“Oh! I got bored with their arguments and looked around then saw that table,” she pointed at the table behind Minjoo with snacks on top of it. “So I asked the staff if I can get one and she said it was supposed to be ours so tadah!”

 

Hitomi couldn't remember the girl's name but it was the same girl who asked Chaewon for her food last night. She saw the girl's eyes sparkle when she saw the table full of snacks. "Why didn't they tell us about that thing." She pouted but nevertheless walk towards the table.

 

"Kwangbae! Get me some too!" Yujin shouted at Hyewon who was scanning the table. The latter made a thumbs up to Yujin.

 

"You all do realize we're still playing right?" Eunbi reminder her friends, both her hands on her hips.

 

"Right."

 

The four of them continued discussing as the other two keeps on flirting with each other. Chaewon rolled her eyes at them and saw Yena sticking at her and mouthing, 'you could never, coward.' she raised her eyebrows and scoffed before turning her back against the two.

 

They made a decision to follow what Chaewon said as she was so sure with her answer. When Chaeyeon heard their answer, she smiled and winked at Minjoo before confirming the answer to the other group.

 

"Unfortunately no. The lie is 'I almost burned the kitchen once when I tried cooking." She said while smiling and proceeded to add their score. 3-3

 

Eunbi and Chaewon looked at each other, confused. They turned their attention to to the opposite group, Sakura saw their reaction so she confirmed what the girl said.

 

"It’s true, Chaeyeon's really good at cooking." Sakura made a thumbs up.

 

"You bet she is. She's as good as the god tongue, Erina-sama. That's why she is Chaerina-sama!" Hyewon munched her food.

 

"You weeb," Yujin mumbled.

 

"Then what’s happening between them?" Chaewon who was still unsure even with the others confirmation whispered to Eunbi.

 

"Maybe they were just cuddling, we do that all the time too Kimchae."

 

"But-" she sighed and kept quiet but her head was still full of thoughts about it.

 

The game continued with Eunbi's turn which she won, so the score was again in their favor with 4-3.

 

"Now it's my turn!" Yujin said, she even stood up and slammed the table. "2 truths and a dream wish. I had been on all 7 continents in the world, I have appeared in CFs and Music Videos and lastly, I was an MC for three times for big events in the school."

 

She confidently looked at the opposing team one by one with a big grin plastered on her face, but that grin immediately faded as she landed her eyes on Wonyoung who was smirking at her with arms crossed. "Do we even have to discuss? I already know the lie though?" Wonyoung asked her own friends, obviously teasing Yujin.

 

"I fcked up." Yujin looked down as she let herself crash on her chair. Hyewon patted Yujin, "That's what you get for leaving me alone and you guys being with each other for like 24/7." Yujin looked at Hyewon, faking a sob and hugging her.

 

Wonyoung saw this which Chaewon saw and which Minjoo saw Chaewon who saw Wonyoung who saw Yujin hugged Hyewon. (lol)

 

Wonyoung can’t help but be jealous, she clenched her fist at the sight. She was never able to be that close yo Yujin. Minjoo stared at Chaewon who sighed and has her head down. After a few seconds, Chaewon held her head up again and met Minjoo's gaze.

 

She furrowed her brows but nevertheless continued staring at the girl who was staring back at her. The both of them seemed to be just staring at each other's soul until Minjoo's attention directed at someone else. It was Chaeyeon.


 

"Minjoo, are you okay?" Chaeyeon whispered so only the two of them can hear. She saw Minjoo flinched before looking at her. "H-huh? What do you mean?" Chaeyeon gestured for the two girls who were still hugging, more like Hyewon pushing Yujin who was clinging into her. "Ahh, Chaeyeon you know we're over each other."







 

"Then why do you two keep on ignoring each other?"







 

Minjoo avoided eye contact with her best friend. Chaeyeon just sighed and chose not to push that topic anymore. The score was now 5-3, with Wonyoung successfully knowing the lie.

 

The game advanced and it was the last two rounds, Yuri lost and Sakura won so the score was tied again. Wonyoung now became unsettled as it was her turn and she can see Yujin looking at her with an evil smirk on her face.

 

"You have no other choice Wonyoungie~ I know you like how you know me." All the other girls cringed at the nickname except for Minjoo and Chaewon, again.

 

I call her that too but she never blushes like that.

 

"Yeah right." Despite knowing she would lose, Wonyoung suppressed a smile, her face flushed at how cute Yujin called her. "2 truths and a lie. I have won in rock-paper-scissor using only rock for 5 consecutive tries, I can't wink, I can't live without mint-choco."

 

Yujin didn’t disappoint. 6-5 Chaeyeon's team winning, the last round was Minjoo's turn.

 

The game isn't really a big deal but almost all of them were eager to win. Yena at this point didn't care if they win or not. The game is fun and none of them can't deny that but Yena wanted more fun. She impatiently waited for Minjoo to finish talking.

 

Minjoo, on the other hand, stuttered as she talk due to the pressure her friends layed upon her, "2 t-truths and a d-dream w-wish. I'm good friends with a solo artist, My father's a CEO of an Idol Entertainment, I acted a role in a movie."

 

Yena grins as she saw the other team take their respective seats, looking intently at her own team. She left the table and asked one of the staff for a pen and paper.

 

Meanwhile, Eunbi and the others were discussing and practically giving up.

 

"That's hard! All of her statements are connected to each other." Yuri complains.

 

"True, I think this is our end. It has been a fun game everyone. Thank you so much." Wonyoung acted wiping a fake tear in her eyes.

 

Eunbi facepalmed at the two and turned to Chaewon and just noticed the girl has been quiet for quite a while now. "What about our ace for today? Chaewon any idea?" Chaewon didn't answer, she was just staring at nothing.

 

Eunbi shook her head in disbelief, "Why do ya'll malfunction now?!"

 

"Excuse me but I am not," Hitomi called out to Eunbi.

 

"You were just eating the whole time so that's basically the same thing." Eunbi looked around and found no duck. "Did you see Yena?" She asked Hitomi but the latter shrugged.

 

Eunbi plopped down to her chair. "I don't care anymore." She stayed silent for a good five seconds then stood up again and pulled her friends' chairs into a circle. "I, no WE can't lose just like this."

 

"Yeah! It will be more fun if we win this game!" Wonyoung raised her fist enthusiastically, Yuri followed.

 

"Suddenly?!" Hitomi looked at them in disbelief.

 

The three of them became competitive again, they looked at Chaewon who was still in her own little world. They all shook her until she finally groaned and complained. "Okay! Our ace is back in action again, we'll definitely win!" Yuri high fived with Wonyoung.

 

"You all do know that the score's 6-5 right?" They nodded at Hitomi, "Then you gurls do realize it's either they win or a tie right?"

 

"Right."

"Now there goes my motivation."

"It's still better to have a tie than losing though."

 

"Okay then, let's try our best to have a tie," Chaewon said when she saw that the three were giving up again.

 

-

 

"Here." The staff handed the paper and pen to Yena. She walked towards her own team with a silly grin on her face. They were seriously talking so was the other team. At first, she didn't bother them, she pulled a random chair and sat on it.

 

Minutes passed and they were still talking, they seemed to not come into a decision. Yena got impatient so to call the eleven girls' attention she slammed the pen and paper on the table.

 

The table quieted down as they turned all their attention to Yena. "You guys have been discussing for over 30 minutes now. No exaggeration there." She looked at her teammates. "So I have a suggestion. It's either you guys win-" she pointed at Chaeyeon, "or we have a tie right? Ya'll are getting stressed over a game, No need to sweat it."

 

She tears the paper into three and wrote numbers 1, 2 and 3 in it. The others were just observing what she's doing.

 

"So we have come to this huh?" Hitomi took a bite of her bread. "Let's just do it, my head's aching from all the talking they did."

 

"No way we're doing that Choi Yena." Eunbi glared at her.

 

"Why so serious though? It's not like there's a prize for the winner and punishment for the loser."

 

"The thing is, there IS a punishment Ms. Choi. You said that yourself." Yena looked at Chaeyeon. "But I guess we got nothing to lose and that's not fun." She gave Chaeyeon a puzzled look.

 

"While you guys were discussing earlier, we did some talking about the win or tie thing and we decided that if you guys find the dream-wish, you'll get two points," Sakura said then gestured at Yujin who then nodded at her.

 

"And we have a suggestion for the punishment. Loser owes the winner, individually. We're twelve so the winner gets her own loser, am I right Kwangbae?"

 

"Yup, after the game the winner gets to pick who her loser is. Nako your turn."

 

"Fair for everybody right? Ideas all belongs to Director Lee Chaeyeon, we give her the credits." Yena and her friends unconsciously turned their attention to Minjoo as the one who hasn't said a word.

 

Poor girl got nervous as she hasn't received a line from the said director but nevertheless professionally said, "And that is if you all agree."

 

Chaeyeon chuckled at Minjoo and gave her a thumbs up before mouthing, This is your chance.

 

Eunbi and the others nodded in agreement to the suggestion, whilst Yena insisted for her idea to just guess the lie so another set of argument took, she was so persistent that she made Eunbi and the others give up excluding Hitomi who didn't care anymore.

 

They all let Yena do her own thing while her team observes her without any hope of winning.

 

"Ok! It's all set up." She grinned at her team's direction but got glares in return. "I know you all murdered me a hundred times in your heads but who would like to do the honor?" she raised the pen.

 

She got ignored by them, she looked at her last resort which is Yuri but even her girl was throwing her death glares. "You all are rude. If I win this thing, I'll make you all regret." She pouted but nevertheless, she spun the pen in the center of the papers.

 

Even though Minjoo knows that there's a less than 50 percent of them getting the right thing with the absurd thing Yena was doing, she suddenly got nervous.

 

The pen slowly spins and at last, stopped. Minjoo immediately looked at Chaeyeon while all the other girls looked at her, especially her reaction.

 

But her face betrayed no emotion while looking at Chaeyeon. Yena suddenly got nervous as she knew she'll get killed by her friends if they lose.

 

The pen was pointing to the paper with the number 2 and turns out it was the dream wish. Yena rejoiced and showed off to her friends. The other group had no choice but to accept the result.

 

"Psh, pure luck."

 

"We'll choose now~," Yena smirked as she headed to her group to decide. "Who's the ace now?" She eyed Chaewon who rolled her eyes in return.

 

"Wonyoung stop looking at me with that heart eyes of yours. I know you want Yujin to be yours." Wonyoung grinned at Eunbi upon hearing her. "Tell me if you have someone you want to be your partner or whatever."



 

-----


 

"We have decided for the partners. Obviously, Wonyoung chose Yujin-ssi. Yena with Sakura, Yuri with Hyewon-ssi, Chaewon is with Minjoo-ssi, Hitomi chose Nako-ssi and I'll be with Chaeyeon-ssi." Eunbi announced, she noticed Sakura frowning at her so she smiled at her with reassurance.

 

"Roger that." Sakura smiled back, "We still have the real thing, Spin the Bottle. We spent too much time on that thing."

 

--cut--

 

I will publish the 4.2 tomorrow sorry for the super delay, again. Please point out any typos or grammatical errors. Thank you for being patient. 

Lastly, if you have a question or something that you didn't understand, don't hesitate to comment. I read it all so don't worry~~