Spin the Bottle

Lost in Confusion

 

Chaewon found herself in a dark room with just one light bulb above her which made it look like a scene from a movie. Her friends, Eunbi, Yuri, Yena and Hitomi, was seated accordingly in front of her. They were saying nothing but was just observing Chaewon with smirks plastered in their faces.

 

Chaewon rolled her eyes, she knew exactly what the girls needed, "We could've just talked about it later but why do we have to do it in like 4 in the morning?!"

 

"What an exaggeration, it's half past five y'know"
"True and we need to add more drama in this."
"And me, the duck, wasn't able to get any sleep because of that."
"I came here because they said they were going to give me their spare of bread."

 

“There’s nothing to tell. I’m going back to my room. I need more sleep, don’t dare stop me.” Chaewon stood up from the chair and glared at her friends before walking towards the door while they just stared at her.

 

She was halfway through turning the knob when Eunbi spoke. “Need more sleep? Psh, bet you weren’t able to sleep at all after your imaginations were crashed.” Chaewon’s grip on the knob tightened. “I know you the most after Wonyoung, Chaewon. There’s something going on with that- what’s her name again?” She asked the other girls in the room.

 

“You don’t even remember who the other party is?” Hitomi facepalmed. “It’s because your focus is on that Sakura girl only.”

 

Eunbi was caught off guard and became too flustered while blushing, “Y-yah! W-why am I the one on the hot seat now-

 

“Right! Chaewon wasn’t the only one to be interrogated. Eunbi too!” Yena said as she and Yuri pushed Eunbi towards Chaewon.

 

“Shut up!” They all stopped when Chaewon shouted. Her eyes were fierce while looking one by one at her friends and on Eunbi, her grip still tight on the doorknob. “Why is the door not opening?!”

 

Eunbi’s gaze went down on Chaewon’s hand on the knob and returned to Chaewon. “It’s lock from the outside.” She said with a serious face that created a deafening silence within the room.

 

“Is there even something like that?!” Chaewon burst due to the drowsiness from not being able to sleep.

 

“Tsk, it’s because you’re turning it the wrong way .” Before Eunbi even had the chance to hold the doorknob, it clicked open and there stood Wonyoung.

 

“Mornin’~”

 

“Now, what?” Chaewon asked, trying really hard to make it look like she’s irritated when in fact all her drowsiness vanished at the sight of her adorable best friend still rubbing her eyes.

 

“Yena eonnie told me to come here but it looks like you guys are finished.”

 

Chaewon glared at Yena, “Yea, this nonsense sure is finished.” She turned her attention back to Wonyoung. “Go back to your room and continue sleeping.”

 

“Sure~ but stop treating me like a baby, I’m a grown up now.” Wonyoung pouted that made her statement useless. “Oh! By the way, when will we plan about that?”

 

And that made Chaewon’s mood sour but nevertheless, she acted excited, “Later in the afternoon.” Everyone heard the bitterness in her voice except the naive Wonyoung.

 

After Wonyoung hopped with joy towards her own room, the room fell silent. All eyes were on Chaewon who didn’t move an inch but only stare at the girl that was causing the unexplainable solitude she’s in.

 

No one dared to break the silence nor did they stop Chaewon from walking out.

 

Chaewon mindlessly walked through the forest. The scene last night that her friends wanted to fully know flashed in her mind again.

 

~flashback~

 

"Chaewon-ssi!" After the girl ran away from their room, Minjoo didn't waste a second to chase Chaewon, she didn't know why but she suddenly felt like explaining herself to the latter even though there isn't something special happening between the two of them and the fact that it's been only a few hours since they met.

 

Upon hearing her name, Chaewon inhaled deeply before looking back. After their eyes met, both weren't able to open their mouth. They just stared into each other's soul waiting for the other to speak first.

 

Minjoo finally gave in and was mustering up all the courage she could get, but even before she can speak, she saw uninvited guests approaching Chaewon from behind. Her courage crumbled and the words she let out was yet the dumbest thing she had ever said.

 

"Your hair color suits you!" and with that, she left Chaewon dumbfounded with Yena laughing her off at the scene and Hitomi who was just quiet while observing everything.

 

"What was that? I thought it was something serious because of the strange atmosphere that was surrounding you two." Yena patted Chaewon's shoulder after recovering from laughing

 

"Chaewon, you never told us anything about having any friends from the main campus but it seems like you're close with that Minjoo girl." Hitomi implemented while Yena nodded. "But it seemed like she was going to tell you something important-

 

"But, unfortunately, you two have to ruin it. And for your information, we are not close. We just met today, we barely know each other and we're just roommate, no more no less. I should head to my room now, I want to get some sleep." Chaewon bid goodbye and started to head to her room.

 

Before Chaewon can get farther, Hitomi, without looking behind, spoke up which made the latter stop in her tracks, "Then why did you look dissapointed after that?" but after a few seconds of silence, Chaewon continued walking, brushing off Hitomi's question.

 

-end of flashback-

 

Chaewon sighed for god knows how many times already and the sun was just starting rise. She wants to forget about yesterday and the surroundings helped her.

 

She walked, glancing back and forth at the path she's taking and the trees that were blocking out all her chances of seeing the wonderful sky while the sun rises. The fog was visible because of the light the sun was giving. She closed her eyes, all she could hear was the constant humming of the birds and the sound of the leaves of the trees being swayed by the wind.

 

She inhaled deeply and opened her eyes, she spotted a nearby log, enough for her to sit at. She stayed there and didn't mind the time. It was working, her head was at peace and her heart was at ease.

 

After a few more minutes, she decided to head back to not worry her friends. She saw some girls entering the main hall all ready for breakfast. When she got closer, she immediately looked for her friends and a certain girl. When she saw that the coast was clear, she headed for the mess hall.

 

"Finally you're here, let's have a talk later," Eunbi said as soon as she saw Chaewon. Chaewon just nodded and noticed that the others weren't there.

 

"Where're the others?" She asked as she pulled a chair beside Hitomi who was already having her morning bread.

 

"In the kitchen, they volunteered to cook," Hitomi said without batting an eye on Chaewon and only focusing on her own bread.

 

Soon enough, the hall was full of girls eating and chatting. After eating, one of the staff gathered them in the main hall.

 

"Some of you guys are still strangers or doesn't really know each other well so for our first activity, we'll do a TMI for you guys to know each other better and for better teamwork for our future activities. Do your business for an hour and come back here. That's all" The staff said which made everyone excited.

 

After the announcement, Eunbi immediately pulled Chaewon and went into somewhere private to talk. "Now that it's just the two of us, you can tell me your worries. If you want some advice, I'll be willing to give you but if you want me to just listen, I'm all ears." Chaewon sighed, she got no other choices but to tell Eunbi the things that have been bothering her lately. After all, Eunbi was the only one who she can tell all her problems without worry.

 

"I don't really know where to start." Eunbi patted Chaewon's head at her statement. "Lately, Wonyoung had always been with Yujin and we haven't had the chance to hang out. Before she met Yujin, we were inseparable so a week without her was I guess, new for me. I know too that I'm being jealous but what can I do, I can't ruin her happiness for my own. I didn't know what to do so I was back at spending my after-school time at the PC Bang."

 

"Old habits die hard."

 

"Yeah. In that one week too, while at the PC Bang, there's this girl that caught my attention. Not only she was pretty, but there's also something in her that makes me feel something unusual like my heart just starts beating faster when I see her even greater than when I'm with Wonyoung. I can't understand why because I don't even know her."

 

"Maybe it's just an infatuation."

 

"That's what I thought at first. I bet you're wondering why I suddenly agreed to be part of this camp." Eunbi nodded so Chaewon continued, "It's because I found out that that girl would be attending this camp too."

 

"Oh? So that girl is that same girl who dumped you last night?"

 

"What dumped are you even talking about. I didn't even confess."

 

"Well, that's what Hitomi told me. So now I think it's not something like infatuation. Why would THE Kim Chaewon attend a camp instead of playing at the PC Bang all day. "

 

"Should I take that as a compliment?" Eunbi just shrugged and gestured for her to continue.

 

"What really happened last night though? Hitomi said you looked hurt after Minjoo said something and left."

 

"Oh that. I forgot to tell you that but I think Minjoo-ssi is already in a relationship with that roommate of yours, and that makes things worse, help me unnie."

 

"Now you finally call me unnie huh? Are you sure about that?" Chaewon shrugged,  "We'll never know, maybe they're just really close but in short, you are conflicted with your feelings between someone who you've been liking for a long time and someone who you don't know but makes your heart beats faster than when you're with Wonyoung. That's... complicated."

 

"I know right? It's frustrating and I don't know what to do about that."

 

"Maybe Minjoo-ssi was someone from your past? Like a childhood friend with a promise to keep but you've forgotten because somehow you had amnesia and forgot about her and the promise?"

 

"Cliché, you watch too many romance movie unnie. We may not be together all the time but we grew up together unnie and you know almost everything about me."

 

They became quiet, both were staring into the air with their minds deep in thought. Eunbi started throwing rocks far away to help her think, she really can't relate herself because her situation is different from Chaewon.

 

"You don't have to give me an advice unnie. At least I've let it out now." Chaewon said as she noticed Eunbi thinking too deep but her face suddenly lit up.

 

"Oh, I know! I'll help you get closer with Minjoo-ssi, and everything else is up to you okay? Fix that confusion of yours." Eunbi started to walk back to the main hall. "Now let's head back for the first activity!"

 

Chaewon followed Eunbi with a puzzled face, "Don't tell me you're going to talk to her." Eunbi shook her head. "Huh? Then how are you going to do that?"

 

Eunbi put her arm around Chaewon's shoulder, "Just trust me in this." Chaewon removed Eunbi's arm around her and Eunbi left her and ran straight inside the main hall.

 

Chaewon entered and saw everyone gathered. The staff instructed them to form a circle and sit.

 

"First everyone will introduce their own selves, age and all basic information and you should describe yourself, it's all up to you. We have these cards here with questions, of course, spin the bottle and whoever will be picked will have to answer the question truthfully. That easy.

 

"TMI huh? Basically, we're just playing spin the bottle," Yena said as she nodded.

"You were actually listening huh?" Hitomi which made Yena pout and that action made Yuri giggle.

"Spin the bottle is a must for every camp!" Wonyoung excitedly said.

 

Meanwhile, Chaewon wasn't really in the mood to take part in the first activity because of what Eunbi said earlier.

 

'I have a bad feeling about this.'

 

 

~~~~~~~

 

 

"Some of you guys are still strangers or doesn't really know each other well so for our first activity, we'll do a TMI for you guys to know each other better and for better teamwork for our future activities. Do your business for an hour and come back here. That's all" After the staff's announcement, Minjoo got pulled by Chaeyeon.

 

"Wha-

 

"There's something you haven't told me Miss Minjoo and now's the time you tell me that." Chaeyeon stopped once she made sure the two of them is going to have a peaceful conversation.

 

"Huh? There's nothing though?" Minjoo was puzzled with what Chaeyeon was pertaining to.

 

"Ohh so you suddenly running after that girl with a bright pink hair color last night was nothing?" Chaeyeon said as she raised an eyebrow and crossed her arms.

 

"Ah, that was the girl I was talking about. You know my roommate Kim Chaewon." Minjoo suddenly had a wide smile spread across her face.

 

"Ohh! You never told me what she looked like but she saw that last night right? Did you explain? Maybe she'll get the wrong impression of us like how the others always do." 

 

Minjoo sighed in disappointment, "Yeah sure, I was going to explain but I don't know what got into me and told her that her hair color suits her."

 

Chaeyeon laughed at Minjoo's statement, "Great job Kim Minjoo." she said in between her laughs. It took her a few minutes to recover, "That's the dumbest thing to say to someone you're crus- wait, nevermind you always say the dumbest things"

 

"Don't remind me Chaeyeon." Minjoo said as she pouted. 

 

Chaeyeon smiled as she saw her best friend sulking, she gave Minjoo a pat in the back as she passed her, walking towards the hall. "I'll set things up for you two. Let's go back first." She said and Minjoo, with a frown, followed suit.

 

 

 

-tbc-

 

 

------------

 

Finally an update~!

This took too long bcos of my laziness. 

But thank you for reading and sorry :)