Is it so hard to be loved?

Lost in Confusion

 

 

A girl can be seen sprinting towards a particular table in the cafeteria. She slammed her hands on the table causing the girls occupying it to turn their attention to her. She was catching her breath when the girl with a duck-like lip asked her.

 

"Miss Kim Chaewon, you look as if you were chased by a tiger. What complaint are you going to file now?”

 

"Yena I think you’re mistaken, isn’t she supposed to be the tiger?” A girl with a puffy cheek commented. 

 

"Hii-chan! Be careful of what you’re saying. She might eat you.” A girl whispered which was useless because everybody in the table heard it.

 

"Ha-ha. Funny you guys.” Chaewon said, finally able to breathe properly. She sat beside Yuri and across her is her best friend Jang Wonyoung, who was the next to ask.

 

"So, Chaewon eonnie why were you in a rush? Have any problems?”

 

"About that camp, I heard students from different schools would also be attending.” The girls nodded at her remark.

 

"Why are you suddenly interested in that? Just the other day you were like ‘I’d rather attend a whole day class with Bae Yoonjung seonsaengnim than that boring camp!” Eunbi, who was quiet the whole time since her arrival, imitated her and everyone in the table laughed except her.


 

"Ok. That’s it, I’m just going to transfer at Saerom eonnie’s table.” She stood up and was ready to leave when Yuri pulled her back.

 

"What an impatient tiger.” Chaewon stared at the girl beside her looking so done. “So what about the camp? Are you going to join?”

 

Chaewon’s face suddenly lit up. “Yup! How do I sign in?” She asked the girls at the table with so much enthusiasm.

 

"No need, we already signed you up gurl.”

 

"WHAT?!”

 

"You heard hii-chan. We were planning to bring you with us, with or without your permission.”

 

"Yeah, no need to be surprised. At least thank us for saving you all the trouble with going through the process.”

 

"Don’t thank the duck, she wasn’t able to contribute in anything but now we’ll also be saved with the trouble of forcing your to come with us.”

 

"From the start, you all were saved from the trouble because in the end, I will be the one to force her.”

 

"Wonyoung has a point,” Yuri said as she nods her head.

 

"You mean, she has all the points.” Yuri thought for a moment and both her and Hitomi nodded.

 

"Okay, enough with that. I need more knowledge about this camp.”

 

Yena wore her glasses to look like a genius. “Okay, first! It’ll be a four-day and 5-night camp!” She raised her right hand pointing upwards. The others waited for more information to be given out by her but she stayed quiet and after a few more seconds she slowly put her hand down.

 

"That’s it?”

 

"Yea? I mean, that information was all I needed.” She said as she put her glasses down.

 

"My turn!” Yuri said and now was the one wearing the glasses. “Only the ones with invitation were invited to the camp! I think only ahh..” She paused and counted her fingers looking really serious. “21! 21 students received an invitation each.”

 

"Ohh! That’s good news! What school do the other students attend?”

 

"Don’t ask me, ask OTR,” Yuri told her and proceeded to return the glasses.

 

"OTR? Who’s that?” Yena, Hitomi and Chaewon asked at the same time.

 

"What do you mean who? It’s the organization managing the camp you es.” -Eunbi

 

Hitomi shrugged, “I mean, I heard the food is free and they have an unlimited supply of bread so why not? I don’t need any other information.”

 

"Your reasons for going are unbelievable, you kids are easily satisfied. Kim Chaewon you better have a better reason than these.”

 

Wonyoung chuckled, “Eunbi eonnie, how is your reason better than that? When you heard that the main university was going to send students too, you immediately asked if Sak-

 

"DON’T. YOU. DARE.” Eunbi jolts up from her seat and was glaring at Wonyoung, who was just laughing at her.

 

The other girls were looking at the two back and forth and despite being in a confusion, they cheered, “SPILL! SPILL! SPILL!.”

 

Eunbi slammed the table causing the girls to behave and the other students to direct their attention into their table. She bowed and apologized before taking her seat again. She looked at her friends who were eating their lunch and acting as if nothing happened.

 

Chaewon cleared to get their attention, “So Wonyoung, you’re saying that the main campus would be sending students to that camp too?” Wonyoung nodded so she continued, “Do you perhaps know-”

 

She was cut off by the sudden ringing of the latter’s phone, Wonyoung immediately answered and left their table.

 

"Were you just rejected?” Hitomi spoke while stuffing bread into .

 

"I didn’t even confess.” Chaewon rolled her eyes and settled herself with her head on the table.

 

"That must’ve hurt but nevertheless kudos to another great job at pretending!” Yena said as she proudly clapped her hands

 

"I’ll bet my vocal cords, that was her childhood sweetheart Ahn Yujin.”

 

"Stop it, you guys. And you Chaewon just confess already. We’re tired of seeing you like this.”

 

"Yena, that will just ruin our relationship. I have told you many times, right? That I fully accept the fact that she will only look at me as her best friend and as an older sister. She’s head over heels for that Ahn Yujin, and all I can do is help her be with her love one.”

"Why do we keep repeating this conversation? You guys know the exact outcome once she
confess, so why force her? It’s better for Chaewon to move on and find the right one for her.”

 

"Woah, Eunbi eonnie, that’s the most intelligent thing you’ve said so far, for today.”

 

"Sheesh guys, classes are starting. I’ll go now, I have afternoon classes.”

 

They bid farewell to each other and proceeded to their own business. Chaewon headed for her classroom with a heavy heart.




 

-------------

 

Chaewon wrote random things in her notebook, blocking all kinds of noises around her, she wastes her time in her own world. As time passed by, she gets more bored so she decided that it was time to write for her daily post-it quote.



 

'To the person I love, is it so hard to be loved?’



 

She noticed their professor arranging his things so she cleared her desk and prepared to leave. Once their professor exits the room, she immediately followed, making her the first to leave after him.

 

After stepping out of their room, she was welcomed by her best friend’s presence.

 

"Oh, why are you here?”

 

"Eonnie let’s go to the apartment together, it’s been a week since the last time we went together. Yujin doesn’t have free time today so I was hoping to go with you.”

 

Upon hearing her best friend’s reasoning, her heart sank. She felt as if she was just a replacement for someone else’s absence. She wasn’t mad at her best friend, she was mad at herself for thinking and feeling like that when she doesn’t have the right to.

 

For the first time, she rejected her best friend’s offer, “Sorry Wonyoung-ah, I need to go somewhere else, ask the others if they can you home.” She didn’t wait for a response and immediately ran off. She sticks the note on the freedom wall as she passed by it.

 

Wonyoung couldn’t do anything but stare at her best friend’s back as she ran away. She saw how Chaewon stuck a mint green colored post-it in the freedom wall before completely disappearing out of her sight.

 

She started to approach the wall, curious of what her best friend posted. As she walked, she sighed heavily, upset at how she was turned down by her best friend.

 

"She must’ve been so busy. Is this my karma for rejecting Yujin’s accompany?”

 

Upon reaching the wall, she uttered the words written in the post it.

 

"To the person I love, is it so hard to be loved?”

 

She uttered it and at the same time hearing Chaewon’s voice in her head as if the latter was directly asking her that.

 

"It has only been a week but I feel like I’m missing out on her big time.”




 

------------



 

Chaewon sluggishly headed for the exit while looking down. She felt pathetic and useless by how Wonyoung is treating her recently. Once outside, she wastes no time and immediately hopped inside a cab.

 

She only hoped for the games to distract her thoughts.

 

The cab stops in front of her favorite place, the PC Bang. Instead of heading inside, she went to the ice cream store first and ordered a mint-choco flavored one. She was halfway through finishing it when she spotted a familiar girl entered the PC Bang. She devoured the remaining ice cream and hurriedly went over the PC Bang.

 

After sliding the door open, her eyes wandered inside and finally spotted the girl she’s drawn into for the past week and the reason for her to join the camp, sitting beside her usual spot.

 

She nervously made her way to her spot, it was the first time she got so close to the girl. She usually observes and steals glances at a distance. She settled herself to sit but her heart was restless. If not for the other student’s noise, the girl beside her would probably hear it beating, she thought.

 

She thought it was finally her chance to ask for her name but she suddenly felt shy. She took a glance at the girl’s screen while the latter was still busy with her phone but immediately became disappointed when she saw the girl’s username.

 

'Who the hell names their character ‘p3p3th3fr0g’ nowadays?! She at naming! But I should execute my plan now.'

 

But nevertheless, she opened the game the girl was playing which is MapleStory and with her knowledge, searched for the girl’s username. When she saw the girl returned to playing, she immediately chatted her to form a party.


 

KimWon: What’s with the name ‘p3p3th3fr0g?!

p3p3th3fr0g: It isn’t my fault! I can’t think of a better one!

KimWon: You could’ve just used your real name!

p3p3th3fr0g: Who uses their real names these days?! And It’s already taken!

KimWon: Says the one who names their character like that! But wait, you’re already taken?

p3p3th3fr0g: No, I am not you , can’t you read more carefully?!

KimWon: Ohh, that’s good then :) Let’s form a party!

 

"What does he mean by good?” She heard the girl beside her asked to herself and she just smirked to herself. They formed a party, just the two of them, and she was the one leading.

 

p3p3th3fr0g: Why are we fcking here?! There are no fcking monsters here .

KimWon: Of course there will be no monsters here! You don’t know this map?

p3p3th3fr0g: No

KimWon: That’s better then! Just stay here and I’ll do my business. Don’t you dare leave!

 

She saw the girl in her peripheral vision wearing a completely confused face so she hurriedly did her business and returned.

 

KimWon: Done! Follow me!

 

She proceeded and the girl didn’t have much choice but to follow her. When they passed through the sign that says ‘Wedding Town’ she again heard the girl whined, “Now, what are we doing here.”

 

They sighted five more characters and everything went too fast for the confused girl. She didn’t notice what they were about to do until it was about to end and Chaewon was just smirking all throughout the process.

 

"What the hell just happened.”

 

Chaewon chuckled at the puzzled girl beside her and changed to another website just in time after she saw the latter turning her head to take a glimpse of her screen, her heart skipped a beat as she was almost caught.

 

She understands why the girl was in a confusion. She just married the latter, with the girl not knowing any idea at all, it may not be in real life and in just a game but she never felt so satisfied before.

 

She returned to the game and saw only her character, she instantly directed her attention besides her but saw the girl standing up and starting to walk away, talking to someone on her phone. Her eyes followed the girl until the latter finally disappeared in her sight.

 

She couldn’t do anything but lean on her seat and sigh in disappointment. She lost the mood to continue playing so she left the game and stared at her screen for a whole 2 minute before finally deciding to log off.

 

Once outside, she headed for the ice cream store again and ordered for her favorite. She was observing the passing crowd when she felt her phone vibrated from her pocket. She unlocked it and saw a text message from Hitomi.

 

Cheeky Brat:

 

           Gurl, the camp’s tomorrow by the way. We’re at the mall, if you don’t come then good luck.

 

She facepalmed and at the same time wondered with the last two words she read. She replied, leaving the girls’ with the business to buy her some pajamas.

 

Shortly after replying, she receives another text and it was from Yena.

 

brEAAAAdd:

 

                  Leave it to me! :)

 

Upon reading the newly sent in text, she panicked and immediately left the store almost stumbling, she called for a cab and headed towards the mall.

 

'What are they thinking entrusting her with choosing the clothes when they have full knowledge about how a er she is when it comes to that!?'

 

------------

 

She spotted the girls and glared her way through them yelling, "YAAAA!!"

 

"It actually worked."-Yuri

"Told you."-Hitomi

"Mission Success."-Eunbi

"I don't know if I should be happy about that or not."-Yena 

 

While the girls tried hard standing between Yena and Chaewon to prevent the latter from ripping Yena off (lol too much exaggeration) a certain Jang Wonyoung remained silent. Chaewon suddenly calmed down and the girls were more than thankful for that. But she wasn't that happy at what she saw.

 

The girl who was just sitting beside her earlier was now with a blonde girl and they seemed to fit together it caused an unexplainable throbbing in her heart.

 

 

 

 

 

-to be continued-

 

 

===================

That's all for chapter 1~! and honestly, it was supposed to be shorter than this but nevermind. 

While writing this chapter and reading through your comments, I've finally decided on an ending and I hope that it will be final. 

Thank you for taking your time reading this, comment your thoughts below so I can improve the story more!

Sorry for any typographical and grammatical errors :)