Chapter 4

Obliviously In Love With You

"Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own."

 

 

“So where are we going?” Baekhyun asks tying his scarf around his neck.

“Umm I thought maybe we could just take a stroll in the park” Chanyeol mumbles his eyes blinking nervously. 

“So your idea of a first date is to tire me out walking?” Baekhyun asks cocking an eyebrow questioningly.

“No no I thought it will be nice we could go somewhere else if you want...” Chanyeol rushes in.

Baekhyun laughs shaking his head, he slips his arm around Chanyeol’s “ Cmon I was joking let’s go”

The evening breeze is nice, Baekhyun even sits on the swing much to Chanyeol’s reluctance because those are reserved only for kids.

“Don’t worry I won’t break the swing” Baekhyun replies assuringly. 

“You snatched the swing away from the kid, he is complaining to his mother” Chanyeol looks at the other with a horrified expression. 

“Well it was my turn...and he won’t let me sit so I took what was mine” Baekhyun huffs shrugging. 

”Baek the kid is like 5 I don’t think you should be fighting over swing with him” Chanyeol says shaking his head looking at the child sadly. 

“What did you say?” Baekhyun asks surprised. 

“I said that he is a small kid...”

”No no before that what did you call me?”

“Baek..it just came out..i won’t say if you don’t like it” Chanyeol suddenly finds the ground to be extremely interesting so he fixes his eyes on it. 

“I love it” Baekhyun arches his neck to look at the taller.

“Now Cmon push me before the kid comes back and asks for his turn” 

Chanyeol gently pushes the swing  while his cheeks flush in happiness.

....

”I had so much fun” Baekhyun beams as they walk out of the park. 

“I think the kid would differ, he was crying” Chanyeol retorts solemnly.

“I did apologise to him didn’t i?” Baekhyun whines pouting.

“You did after i forced you to” Chanyeol sighs. 

“But I did anyway and he wouldn’t accept it not my fault” Baekhyun flips his hand in the air. 

“Baek he is just a small kid”

“Hey I am small too” Baekhyun hunches down more to make him look shorter.

“You are already short you don’t need to try”

“Ouch ! that was mean, not everyone is a giant Chanyeol” Baekhyun smirks.

“You are mean” Chanyeol blurts out. 

“You sound like that kid right now”

“Whatever people love my height they say it’s intimidating” Chanyeol flares his nose looking up. 

Hearing that Baekhyun snorts “You are nothing but intimidating, A ball of fluff...I could just kiss you right now” 

“What?” 

Baekhyun realising what he has said stops walking and stares at the ground, biting his lips.

“You said you would..” Chanyeol trails off awkwardly. 

“Would you mind if I kiss you?” Baekhyun asks in a small voice still eyes downcast.

“No I mean...only if you want to..” Chanyeol can feel his pulse quickening but he doesn’t want to force Baekhyun. 

“I want to” 

When Baekhyun pulls him down to a kiss under the starry night Chanyeol realises not only does Baekhyun have nice lips but they also taste like cherry making the whole scenery disappear and Chanyeol loses himself in the moment. 

                                    ~~~

“What’s wrong with your face?” Sehun asks as he looks up from the tv to talk to his best friend.

“Why?” Chanyeol touches his face with his fingers. 

“You have this eating grin going on since you came back” Sehun points a finger towards him furrowing his eyebrows. 

“Ohh well I am happy” “I took Baekhyun on a date” Chanyeol babbles laughing. 

“Ohh Where did you go?” 

“We went to the park..”

”You took him to a park of all places...seriously this is your idea of date?” Sehun asks creasing his forehead in amusement. 

“Yes seriously...you might think It’s boring but guess what Baekhyun said he had so much fun” Chanyeol declares proudly. 

“He is obligated to say that since you took him out” Sehun deadpans looking at the tv screen.

“Yes but he isn’t obligated to kiss me in the end of the date” Chanyeol smiles biting down on his lower lip eyes glazing. He isn’t even offended at Sehun’s remark because is so happy right now. 

“He kissed you?” Sehun finally tears his gaze away from the tv to look at his best friend. 

“Yup and he is like the perfect height, he fits right in and it was amazing” Chanyeol replies dazed. 

“Wow so your walk in the park did turn out well”  Sehun his lips distractedly. 

“Stop underestimating me Hun” Chanyeol flicks on Sehun’s forehead to which the other moves away slightly. 

“Anyway go back to whatever you are watching il go take a shower” 

Sehun nods and focuses back on the tv but none of the things happening on the screen make sense anymore it all looks like a giant blur.

                                      ~~~