Chapter 3

Obliviously In Love With You

"Love is something sent from Heaven to worry the Hell out of you.

 

“Yeol you need to stop shaking your leg it’s annoying” Sehun grabs Chanyeol’s thigh to stop his best friend from being so jittery.

“Am nervous okay” Chanyeol mumbles tapping his finger on the table. 

“It’s just a friendly date” Sehun shakes his head.

“No you don’t understand Hun, Baekhyun is going to be here oh my god I almost feel nauseous” Chanyeol’s covers his face with his palm. 

“Whatever don’t even think of puking on me” Sehun moves away from scrunching up his nose. 

“Wow you are really supportive” Chanyeol shots back sarcastically. 

“Hey” a loud voice calls out and they both stop talking and look up to see two guys coming there way.

Both are short, Sehun doesn’t know either but based on what he has heard for the past one week it isn’t hard to understand that Mr cheekbones with a cheshire grin is Jongdae and the one with pink hair and soft features is Chanyeol’s ‘love of my life’, with all the angel references Sehun was actually expecting some sort of halo to be adorning Baekhyun’s head but no he is actually very human.

Sehun has to agree that Baekhyun is definitely very attractive, even with his soft features there is a strong personality about him.

“Hey” Sehun waves back since Chanyeol’s brain has malfunctioned, he is just blinking with a frozen face.

“Is he alright?” Baekhyun asks Sehun pointing towards Chanyeol as he takes the seat opposite to them. 

“Yah he is” Sehun smiles and blurts out “Chanyeol” kicking him under the table. 

“Ohh Yah hi hello I am Chanyeol” Chanyeol mumbles unintelligibly. 

“We know” Baekhyun replies smiling arching his eyebrow. 

He indeed has a beautiful smile.

Chanyeol offers to help Baekhyun with the ketchup because he is a gentleman but an extremely klutzy one, the ketchup bottle is stubborn as but Chanyeol isn’t the someone who gives up and he presses it with too much force and their table ends up with ketchup squirted everywhere looking like a death scene from a gory flick. 

Sehun gets scared that the Baekhyun might just walk out the next moment when drops of ketchup land on his bubblegum hair, but he takes the paper towel and let Jongdae clean it up laughing, he even says that’s Chanyeol’s clumsiness is cute and that he actually thinks the mess Chanyeol has created with the ketchup could be labelled as modern art. 

They all get along pretty well after that, Jongdae is fun to be around with his never ending quirky stories of people from college, Baekhyun is sassy with his remarks and Sehun notices that Chanyeol slowly relaxes himself with time, he even laughs and makes a joke or two while stealing shy glances at Baekhyun. 

Reaching the movie theatre when Baekhyun and Jongdae start arguing about which movie to watch Chanyeol nudges Sehun with his elbow. 

“What?” Sehun turns around confused.

 “I need some time with Baekhyun...help me out” Chanyeol whispers loud enough for only Sehun to hear. 

“How will I help...?” Sehun stares at his best friend frowning and then he slowly understands what the other means. 

“How about me and Jongdae go buy the ticket since we both agree on watching the comedy movie, sorry Baekhyun you are the only one who wants to watch the drama” Sehun shrugs puckering his lips. 

 “What about you?” Baekhyun demands looking at Chanyeol crossing his arms over his chest.

  “I..I..could watch anything..” Chanyeol stutters trying to avoid eye contact.

 “See 2 to 1, Chanyeol’s diplomatic opinion doesn’t count so majority wins, Jongdae let’s go” laughing Sehun throws a wink at them before leaving with the other to buy the ticket.

Baekhyun looks visibly annoyed that his choice is ignored. 

“I am sure you will enjoy the movie” Chanyeol mumbles scratching the back of his head. His mind is empty now that he can’t rely on Sehun but has to make a conversation with Baekhyun all alone.

“It better be good or am walking out” Baekhyun replies but his lips are curving into a slight smile. 

Chanyeol knows he is in deep when that small smile starts to make his knees go weak.

”So Chanyeol I heard you like me?” Baekhyun says as if it’s the most normal thing making Chanyeol choke on air.

“I umm...what..I don’t..” Chanyeol can barely get his words out. 

“So you don’t like me?” The shorter asks pouting. 

“No no I...I like you...but umm who told you? Jongdae because...I” Chanyeol feels his throat drying up. 

”No one, I guessed you are not that subtle with your crush you know....I have seen you staring at me quite a few times in college” Baekhyun answers grinning. 

If Chanyeol could he would just dig the ground below and bury himself in embarrassment.  Instead he just looks down nibbling on his lips, he is is sure that his face is as red as a tomato, probably fumes are coming out of his ears by now. 

“Hey i always thought you were cute...and even more right now...I wouldn’t have agreed on the date If I didn’t like you” 

Chanyeol finally gathered up the courage and looks up to see Baekhyun staring right back at him

“You like me?” He enquires wide eyed.

“Yah is that so hard to understand? When I saw you in the music room that day I was expecting you to come and talk to me but you looked like you were held on a gunpoint” Baekhyun let’s out a laugh and Chanyeol can’t help but think of the tinkling sound of wind chimes.

“You make me nervous” Chanyeol confesses rubbing his palms together.

“We will have to change that...but I actually like the blushing mess that you are  now” winking he ruffles the taller’s hair. 

Chanyeol wouldn’t mind dying right now because this felt better than heaven. 

....

Sehun nervously wonders if Chanyeol would end up slapping and hitting Baekhyun during the movie, because anyone sitting beside his best friend has to involuntarily face the brunt of his over excitement. 

Thankfully Chanyeol just slaps the chair handle and not Baekhyun’s arm.

They seem to be actually enjoying the movie, Baekhyun leans on to Chanyeol whispering something in his ear to which Chanyeol laughs even more spilling the popcorns all over them.

 Sehun thinks Baekhyun might not think being showered with buttery corns funny but he picks a popcorn from Chanyeol’s shoulder and eats it smiling. 

He himself finally relaxes seeing that the date is going rather well and his best friend seems to be enjoying...Sehun knows how nervous Chanyeol was the last two days just thinking about facing Baekhyun.

 

”Glad we decided to watch this one, it was hilarious” Jongdae says sipping on his cola while walking out of the theatre. 

“Yah it was was really fun” Sehun nods his head smiling. 

“Specially the part where the guy got caught by the police...it was the best” Jongdae bursts into a fit of laughter as he talks about the scene. 

Sehun honestly can’t remember which part the other is talking about, he sure as hell cant even recall the face of the actors in the movie...because he was too worried about Chanyeol’s date to go well to actually watch the movie. 

....

As they walk into their apartment, Sehun realises Chanyeol hasn’t said much which is very very unusual and he starts to think if something happened between his best friend and Baekhyun when they came out of the theatre.

He doesn’t say it out loud but Sehun knows his best friend is too soft hearted  and can’t help but think that Chanyeol will get hurt easily. 

“Hey why are you so quiet? Did Baekhyun tell you something?” Sehun asks worried as he locks the door, throwing the car keys in the bowl. 

“No no am okay, but yah he did tell me something though” Chanyeol gazes at him his lips.

“What? Do I have to threat Baekhyun?” Sehun replies narrowing his eyes. 

Even though he meant it as joke but no one is allowed to treat his best friend wrong not on his watch even though he is quite mean to Chanyeol sometimes but that’s because he has best friend rights. 

Chanyeol doesn’t answer but he pulls Sehun into a hug, resting his head on Sehun’s shoulder he murmurs, “Baekhyun knows I have a crush on him, and..and he said he likes me too...he told me”

Chanyeol tightens his hold into a bear crushing hug.

“Really that’s amazing” Sehun’s voice is muffled from underneath. 

“Thank you, if you weren’t there for me I wouldn’t have been able to gather the courage or even go to this date”

Chanyeol finally lets him go, smiling broadly his already big brown eyes looking even wider with happiness. 

“The love of my life likes me back too Hun” Chanyeol yells along with a little happy dance as he goes inside the bedroom. 

Sehun can’t help but smile back at the infectious laughter of his best friend.

He lets out a breath he didn’t even know he was holding, relieved that Chanyeol didn’t understand his elevated heartbeat. 

Sehun stands rooted at the spot thinking that He is happy for Chanyeol. He really is. 

                                   ~~~