Chapter 1

Obliviously In Love With You

"Love is a smoke and is made with the fume of sighs."

 

“Sehun” Chanyeol’s booming voice rumbles in happiness as he comes running inside the room grinning ear to ear.

Sehun can’t help but think that Chanyeol looks like a oversized puppy offered a treat.

“What?” Sehun asks looking up from his text book.

“I saw Baekhyun!!” Chanyeol replies excitedly widening his eyes. 

“Who is Baekhyun again I am sorry I have been studying for the past 4 hours and  my brain is a mush!” Sehun stifles a yawn glancing at the highlighted notes that he has yet to go through. 

“Byun Baekhyun, the love of my life! I told you right” Chanyeol obviously offended as to how his best friend could forget such an important detail. 

“Ohh but wasn’t Kyungsoo like the love of your life 2 months ago?” Sehun mumbles while stretching his long limbs to get rid of the numbness from sitting for so long. 

Chanyeol’s expression immediately darkens, “ Well Kyungsoo is dating Jongin, I thought we decided to never mention him ever again” Chanyeol looks at Sehun, his lower lip jutting out.

“You decided not me, anyway so yah so what about Baekhyun?” Sehun quickly changes the subject knowing how it had taken innumerable tub’s of icecream, nicholas spark movies and Sehun’s shoulder to cry for Chanyeol to get over Kyungsoo. 

Chanyeol’s face instantly lights up with the mention of Baekhyun’s name, Sehun wonders how his best friend can go from being overly happy to looking like a sad puppy in seconds, because he is sure he has the perpetual stoic expression for every situation.

Chanyeol climbs on the couch, he settles himself beside Sehun crossing his long legs, grabbing a cushion. Sehun knows this means there is a long detailed story coming, he leans back on the headrest to listen to whatever his best friend has to say because Chanyeol looks like he is bubbling in excitement.

“So I was going to the music room for practice, and then I just stopped at my tracks you know like for real hearing a voice coming from inside, it’s was so beautiful Sehun” Chanyeol makes several hand gestures to intensify the situation to which Sehun bobs his head urging him to go on, “I entered the room and you won’t believe who the owner of the voice was?” Chanyeol wiggles his eyebrows spreading his hands in the air. 

“Baekhyun?” Sehun replies too fast for Chanyeol’s liking ruining his obvious ruining his obvious dramatic moment. 

“Yes Baekhyun! He was singing oh my god” Chanyeol slaps Sehun’s arm elatedly.

Sehun flinches away a little knowing his best friend starts hitting anyone around if he gets too happy.

“He not only is gorgeous but he can sing beautifully too...” Chanyeol closes his eyes as if to reminisce the moment, “What do I do Sehun?” Chanyeol asks dazedly opening his eyes.

“You think everyone is gorgeous Yeol” that’s true at this point Sehun really can’t keep up with Chanyeol’s new crushes every other month.

“No no you need to see him, he looks like an angel, he has this smooth skin, and his lips are so pink and shaped like bow,and-“

“So does the love of your life know that you exist?” Sehun cuts in before Chanyeol can go on with the descriptions.

Throwing a glare towards Sehun, Chanyeol huffs “ he smiled at me today” his chest almost swelling with pride.

“The guy who sells popcorn in the movie theatre smiled at me too yesterday, I don’t think that means a lot maybe he was being polite” Sehun shrugs his shoulder picking up his text book. 

“Why are you like this Hun?” Chanyeol pouts sadly,”I am sure Baekhyun smiled at me because...” after pausing for a few seconds Chanyeol speaks his voice even smaller “do you really think he was just being polite?” 

Seeing his best friend’s sullen expression, Sehun decides to be nicer ruffling Chanyeol’s hair “Hey maybe he likes you too...maybe he is just shy, try get to know him” Sehun really has no idea what he is saying but the fact that his best friend’s lips are curving into a smile he is sure it’s working and that’s what matters. 

                                  ~ ~ ~

Sehun lets out a groan when his 6ft tall best friend dives on him.

“Unnghh” Sehun winces.

Chanyeol obviously too happy about something as usual is completely oblivious that he lying on top of his best friend crushing him.

“You won’t guess what happened” Chanyeol speaks too loudly in the shell of Sehun’s ear, he jerks his head away slightly, “I won’t have to guess if you tell me” his replies trying his best to move even a little. 

Chanyeol wraps his arms around Sehun who is lying on his stomach and getting pressed under his weight.

“ I got a date”

“ I got a date”

Chanyeol sing songs. Even though Sehun can’t see his best friend’s face he can picture his usual ear to ear grin.

“With who?” Sehun asks confused, resting his head on the pillow. 

“Who do you think? Obviously I got a date with Baekhyun otherwise why would I be so excited!!” Chanyeol exclaims poking Sehun’s cheek. 

“Yeol can you like get off my back you are squishing my very vital parts” Sehun grimaces from underneath. 

“Oh oh am so sorry Hun, I didn’t understand” Chanyeol mumbles apologetically and rolls on the other side beside him.

“So tell me?” Chanyeol props himself up on his elbow to face Sehun, so he can get a view of his best friend’s face.

“How did you manage a date with the guy who just smiled at you like last week? Or am I missing updates? Sehun quirks his eyebrow questioningly. 

Chanyeol shakes his head smiling, “I took your advice to get to know him, so I did some research no actually I asked Jongdae to help, you know how he literally knows everyone in campus, it turns out Baekhyun has literature with Jongdae. So he set us on a date but there is a tiny twist to it” Chanyeol widenes his eyes placing his thumb just little below his forefinger to show how little the twist is. His best friend was the most dramatic person to exist.

Sehun heaves a sigh “And What is that ?”

“Well it’s kinda not a regular date but a friendly date and Jongdae will be there so obviously you know..” Chanyeol stares at Sehun expectantly biting his lips.

“Obviously What? Just finish your sentence I at guessing games “ Sehun shrugs impatiently. 

“So you are also joining the date” Chanyeol says as if it’s the most normal thing.

Shocked Sehun immediately sits up, “What?” He snaps, “First of all what the flying is a friendly date? Like 4 people just kiss everyone when the date ends because I am sure as hell not kissing either one of your friends or crush or whatever” Sehun huffs crossing his arms over his chest. 

Chanyeol snorts raising his palm, “Don’t worry Hun, I am not kissing you either...no a friendly date is like people just hangout you know”

“I didn’t even consider you, even if you were the last person on this earth I wouldn’t kiss you just so you know” Sehun scoffs pointing his finger at him.

“Hun, I like kissing people who are shorter than me so I can hold them tight...you are like the same height it’s gonna be so ing weird...I can’t imagine” Chanyeol makes a disgusted face.

“Don’t imagine! Also why are we even discussing this...and why am I being dragged in your date?” Sehun scowls at the other. These are the times that makes him wonder why he is even friend’s with Chanyeol. 

“Because you are my best friend..wont you help me out pretty please” Chanyeol pleads obviously using his puppy dog eyes on him.

Sehun groans rolling his eyes, “Fine but you are paying my share”

Chanyeol throws his arms around Sehun, “you are the best, best friend ever” Chanyeol gushes kissing the top of Sehun’s head.

“I know I know...also please go shower you are sweaty” Sehun pulls away from the hug.

“Ohh Yah I just got back from gym” climbing down from the bed Chanyeol flexes his muscles to show off. 

Sehun shakes his head and throws a pillow at Chanyeol.

“You missed”

“Go shower or next thing will be my slipper on your face”

“Fine fine I am going..only because you agreed to go on a date with me” humming Chanyeol locks the bathroom door.

“Friendly date...its just a friendly date” Sehun whispers to himself biting his lips.

                                     ~~~