— Class 8

Love Like Us
Please log in to read the full chapter
08 CLASS EIGHT  

Eun Mi gradually pried her eyes open and let out a soft groan upon the ringing school bell which indicated the beginning of the lunch break. “Urgh, what time is it now?” She muffled and scooted herself to sit up while pondering about how long have been she fell asleep in the infirmary room. The last moment she could ever recall was when the doctor wrapped her ankle with the bandage.

“You’re awake, Eun Mi?”

Her ears perked upon hearing the husky voice. She turned her head towards the direction from where it came and without she even realised it, Moon Bin came into her mind first. However, it brought her to a quite disappointment when she saw him nowhere. “Oh, Eun Woo…”

“How are you? Feel much better?” He looked at her with full of concern while sitting on the bed next to her.

She bobbed her head and cracked a small smile for him. “Anyway, where are they? Ji Yeon… and Moon Bin?” She asked and her voice trailed off slightly near the end. Though, she quickly covered it by acting to tie up her hair which was probably loosened during her sleep.

“Ji Yeon already went back to the class since the last period, saying that she didn’t want to lose any lesson.” Eun Woo answered and his brows then furrowed as he babbled at how Ji Yeon suddenly acted weirdly irritated towards him just now. “Anyway, I don’t know about Moon Bin. He just went out as soon as he woke up.”

“Oh…” She gave him a short reply though her mind was racing with many questions concerning about his condition. And yet, she quickly pushed the thoughts away. Of course, he would be fine. Why wouldn’t he? Urgh, why am I worrying so much? She ducked her head and sighed upon herself.

Since that night in the study room when she had a talk with Moon Bin, she realised that she was being quite selfish and unfair towards him along these time. No, she actually realised it even before that. But then again, she was being a coward. Moreover, her fears of the kids in their school would know about their secret marriage made it even more difficult for her to admit the fault. However, at the end of the night, she was determined to shove all the thoughts aside. She also decided to give them a chance. Yes, a chance to be friends. That was the least she can do to him, right?

At first, they only exchanged a tiny smile if they ran into each other by chances, except for that day when she met Angel for the first time. Later, they began to greet on every night before and after the study session. There were several times when she helped him with his studies and he would take her to the dormitory door in return. They even ate and laughed together more often nowadays. They had done quite a lot of things even in one week.

Nevertheless, she never noticed all of that until last night when Hae Ra pointed it out to her. Hae Ra taunted her about how she had become very close and more open up to Moon Bin, claiming that her prayer would come true soon. Somehow it caused her to feel unease and she couldn’t stop thinking of Moon Bin. At last, she fell asleep in four and got up late today.

“Hey, Eun Mi. Are you okay?” Eun Woo worried as she abruptly stopped talking.

“Huh? Y-yeah, I’m fine.” She flustered a bit but immediately got a grip of herself. “Then, how about you? Does your hand still hurt? I heard what happened. And I want to apologise on Moon Bin’s behalf. He usually doesn’t act like that. I don't know what came over him just now. I’m really sorry.”

“No, it’s fine. These are only scratches. They will be gone by tomorrow. And don’t worry about Moon Bin. He was probably just getting competitive. It happens all the time among boys.”

“Are you sure? Then, why didn’t you go back to the class yet?”

Eun Woo rubbed his nape and smiled sheepishly. “I want to… accompany you here.”

“Why? It’s not like I wounded badly.” She giggled. “Tell me the truth, you just want to use this as an excuse to ditch classes, am I right?”

“Said the one who just woke up after sleeping for the whole two periods.” He rolled his eyes and playfully scoffed at her before landed his gaze back on her. “Seriously, I just want to be with you here.”

Eun Mi had her heart skipped a beat upon his sudden confession and serious tone. She looked up at him and the silence eventually fell between those two as a few moments had passed.

“Is it not okay…?”

“I don’t know.” She murmured, sounding a bit confused and flustered. She paused for a moment and continued. “U-um, I mean… yeah, it’s break time. You probably will be famished if you stay here with me.” She cracked an awkward chuckle.

He couldn’t help but to chortle too. “If it’s like that, I should go now.” He pushed himself to stand up. “Is there anything that you want me to get for you?”

She shook her head and just smiled as he walked out of the room, leaving her alone to think what had actually just happened. After a while, she started to feel her cheeks burning. “No way! Don’t tell me that he was hitting on-”

Please log in to read the full chapter