IV. ICE CREAM CAKE PT. 2

WENJOY ONESHOTS

"Sooyoung, you can go now" Wendy Son told me.


I was about to head out when she played those R&B songs; I used to play for her. I stopped, though my conscience won't let me, I still turned around and looked at her. She was looking at me straight in my eyes. I can see her eyes were twinkling, as the small amount of tears was forming; I can see her eyes were in sorrow. I know she doesn't want me to go; I know she needs me. I was frozen; my mind and heart were battling, should I go or should I help her? I was so confused. I spaced out, looking at Wendy blankly when-


"Come on" a not-so-familiar voice told me. My eyes were still glued on Wendy, though I can see in my peripheral view, a girl standing beside me. It wasn't Yerim. I knew it isn't Yerim. She's way too smaller than my best friend, I thought. I didn't bother looking at her, since my once battling heart and mind ended. And guess what? My heart won, I decided to help Wendy. I was about to go back and help her when I felt a small warm hand, held my right arm. My body jumped up slightly away from her; I was startled. My once glued eyes on Wendy suddenly changed, as I turned around to see who it was. Our eyes met, Wait I know her, I told myself. She looks familiar, though I really can't remember who she is. We just stared at each other as I was trying really hard, thinking who- wait?? I told myself, Wendy?




My eyes were widened as I felt myself literally falling from my bed. It was in slow motion; I can see myself falling in slow motion. I felt my blood circulation increasing; I felt the adrenaline rushing through my veins as well when- bump! I still fell on the floor though it wasn't hard as it was supposed to be. My left arm protected my back from hitting the floor first. I stood up immediately, looking around, on every corner. I didn't know what happened, I was dazed and confused until I saw Yerim sleeping at the other side of bed. It slightly calmed me in every way. I went to the toilet to pee, and went back to bed immediately. I was just about to sleep again when, Wendy? My dream resumed right away. I heard myself saying her name once again, though the visions weren't still there. What the ? I thought as my eyes were bugged out once again. I can feel my adrenaline was rushing through my veins faster than what I have experienced earlier. My heart was beating fast. That's when I realized why I literally jumped off from my bed, that's when I realized that I literally jumped off because I just dreamed about Wendy and , Wendy again.


I sat up straight quickly. My heart was still beating fast. Sooyoung you can go now, this particular line keeps on repeating in my head. Those eyes I kept on seeing Wendy's eyes in my head as well, telling me to stay. , I thought as my beating heart, ached once again. My heart that wouldn't let me look back last night made me feels anxious now as it let the guilt creep in me. Should've I helped her? Now, I'm asking myself. I looked at the small alarm clock, beside me, placed on top of the coffee table. And , it was just six in the morning. I knew I will be ed up; I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep now.


Thankfully, after hours of blank stares at the ceiling, I found myself waking up once again. I didn't know how it happened but I'm glad I still slept, even for a few minutes.

"Park Sooyoung!!!!" I was startled, jumped and sat immediately. Kim Yerim literally shouted at my ear. How come I didn't notice her? I gave her an angry stare when I noticed; Kim Yerim is ready for work? She jumped on the bed, and positioned herself in front of me as she placed her phone in front of my face. I was confused for a moment, so I tilted my body and looked back at her once again.


"Look at the ing time!!!" She told me. That's when I realized; it was 1:45 in the afternoon. Our work will start at 2 and it was ing 1:45 in the afternoon. I immediately stood up and ran to change my clothes; I washed my face, brushed my teeth and sprayed cologne on my body? Why did I do that? Anyway, what's important is I did all that for just five ing minutes.


Kim Yerim ing left me. I arrived at exactly two in the afternoon. Wendy was already there. I can't look at her in the eyes as I remember how she used to give me a good non-stop sermon every time I woke up late before.


"Sooyoung, why are you late?" "Did you wake up late again?" I heard her sermons once I reached the counter, where she was standing. She's still the same, I thought. I bowed at her, indicating I was sorry. "Didn't you ring your alarm?" Isn't she going too far? I rolled my eyes. Why would you care, I thought and went straight to the storage room, leaving her behind.



Hours passed, we worked smoother than yesterday. Since Yerim already knew what she needed to do, she moved herself up, not depending on what would Wendy say. She even prepared the ice cream cakes 2x faster than yesterday. Well, that's my best friend indeed. And Wendy? Wendy was better today. She helped Kim Yerim more than she helped her yesterday. She even told her to rest, if she feels exhausted. I remember before, every time she saw me feeling exhausted, she would hold my hand and tell me to take a rest at the storage room. She's still the same, I thought. Though today, she would still teach me the things I already knew. She still annoys me, though my annoyance towards her was lessened.


Time passed by. Like yesterday, I didn't realize it was already twelve midnight until I saw Wendy closing those gray vertical roller curtains in front of me once again. I stared at her as I remember my dream, and her eyes; those eyes telling me to stay. I didn't know what to do; I was again frozen, staring at her until-


"Sooyoung" she called me. Well, I wasn't startled this time so I just stared at her blankly, "you can go now" she told me. I nodded and changed my clothes immediately. Kim Yerim and I bowed at her before we walked past her. And when we were about to head out, she played those R&B songs once again. Well, I managed myself this time; I didn't look back though my heart ached. Sooyoung you can go now, as this particular line keeps on repeating in my head once again. And that eyes-


"Yerim, I forgot, I needed to buy something. You can go first." I lied. And yes, whatever you're thinking? You're right. I would go back for Wendy. I would go back for her, though I promised myself to JUST help her out, and nothing more. Well, stupid me. I knew that promise wouldn't be fulfilled; I knew it would just be ruined, and the stupid me still went back for her.


I opened the glass door of the shop. I saw her cleaning the corner table, her eyes were shut wide "Joy?" She called me that name again, I didn't know but I didn't hate it, it calmed me in anyway. I just glanced at her, and didn't bother explaining. I just went straight to get the cleaning towel inside the utility cabinet and immediately helped her clean. We cleaned quietly, no one bothered to speak, though I can hear the r&b songs we used to play. Our eyes met constantly, I can feel the awkwardness between us when-


"Joy" she broke the silence, someone finally broke the silence.


"Sooyoung" I told her, never looking in her direction, though I can see her in my peripheral view.


"Oh sorry, Sooyoung" she told me. I can see, she isn't as confident as she was. I took a glance of her, pretending I would clean the table on the other side. She didn't smirk, her body posture wasn't relaxed; she was stiff though I saw her smile at me warmly, "how was your mom?" She asked. Now, she got my attention, I looked at her, "she's okay, my siblings as well. I didn't get to visit them nowadays. But we messaged each other through kakaotalk so yeah" I told her everything in one go and immediately started cleaning once again. Well, I don't like any of our conversations to go further but-


"That's good. My grandmother died" she told me. My world stopped. I stopped cleaning. Her grandmother died? I knew Wendy Son loved her grandmother so much. She would always tell me stories about her grandmother being cool before. I felt sorry for her; my heart ached for her. I looked at her, "I'm sorry to hear that" I told her, sincerely. She smiled at me.


"She gave me a big part of her investments, and I was able to buy this shop." Wait? This shop? This shop is hers now? I was shocked. I didn't know what to say, she isn't acting bossy. She is literally the boss now. I unconsciously stared at her blankly when- BEEP! I heard a loud vehicle horn outside. That's when I came back to reality, "it's all done, I should go now" I told her. She nodded and smiled at me.


I was about to head out when, "Sooyoung" I heard her call me once again. I turned around to look at her, my eyebrows were pointed upwards, waiting for her to continue. "Thank you" she told me, "not just for today. I mean thank you for everything, I really appreciated everything you've done for me" she continued. I let out a fake smile, though deep inside, my heart was aching. I had a lot of questions in my mind that wasn't answered after our break up. I was mad but her grandmother suddenly went through my mind, so I tried to calm myself down. I bowed at her and went out immediately.


HUH appreciate?? I rolled my eyes. When did you learn how to appreciate? I continued nagging at myself. And when I can't control myself anymore, "What a ing liar!!!!" I shouted-


"Hey Park Sooyoung" I heard Kim Yerim's voice calling my name. I can't see her anywhere. I looked around trying to find her when- WAHH, my body trembled, I shouted as I saw a shadow moved in front of the building's door. "Park Sooyoung!!!" Kim Yerim called me again though shouted my name this time. I looked around once again, still trying to find where she is, when the shadow walked towards me. I rubbed my eyes, Oh wait, I laughed at myself. It wasn't a shadow; it was Kim Yerim wearing her black hoodie and black sweat pants.


I laughed myself out and went to her right away, "what did you buy?" She asked me. That's when I realized, my best friend waited for me. What a sweet demon, I thought. "Hey, what did you buy??" She asked me once again. I didn't know what to say, my mind gone blank, "uh-uh" I stuttered, "ice cream" I told her. What the did I just say, I thought as my eyes were furrowed, worried of Kim Yerim's reaction. Well, she smirked at me "my Joy, did you went back at the ice cream cake shop?" I rolled my eyes, though I knew it was true. "No way!!! I was just craving for Samanco" wait what? I was surprised to what I just said as well. And guess what? Kim Yerim laughed at me. She knew it; she's my best friend indeed.


We went inside the building. Her apartment's building is much more modern than Wendy's, so they have an elevator. She would constantly smirk at me, and I would either roll my eyes or make a disgusted face every time we looked at each other, inside the elevator. Well, I was surprised; this demon knows how to be tired. She stopped bothering me, once we went inside her apartment. She quickly jumped to her bed and played with her phone. Well, I washed myself up first before going to bed. And as I was walking towards the bed, I saw the demon sleeping; she was knocked down. I lay beside her. I wanted to tell her this earlier but I was scared, "Yerim, Wendy Son said thank you earlier, she even said she appreciated everything I've done. I was so pissed. I don't get her. I wanted to ask her a lot of thing-"


"Then why didn't you ask her?" I was startled. The devil is ing awake. My eyes were widened. She was looking at me, paying close attention to everything I was saying.


"I thought you were asleep?" I asked her, "you're voice is too loud" she told me "you should try to listen to what she got, don't be scared" she continued. But I am scared, I told myself. I smiled at her, before turning myself around. Well, I didn't sleep immediately, I thought about everything. I thought about what Kim Yerim said, about Wendy being all stuck up since every time she would explain, I would just leave. Kim Yerim was right. I never listened to Wendy, since I was scared of what she would say.




It was another day. This time, Kim Yerim and I arrived at the same time; we arrived exactly 10 minutes before our shift. Wendy wasn't there yet, though she arrived 5 minutes after we arrived. Everything was still the same; we were still working smoothly. Though, Yerim was preparing 3x faster than before. She just keeps on getting better day-by-day. Well, not until she had her 30 minutes break. It was Friday in the afternoon, so there were more customers than the usual early week day afternoons. Yerim worked for 3 hours straight; she worked non-stop. Well, of course, the usual Wendy Son told her to rest for a few minutes. The usual Kim Yerim would say no, but I was surprised she nodded. Maybe she got really tired, I thought. She stayed at the storage room for 30 minutes, I can't hear clearly though I knew she was having a conversation with someone that time. She talked to someone for the whole 30 minutes, that's weird. And, that's when everything started.


Kim Yerim went out after 30 minutes, and her face can't be drawn. She looked confused, "Who were you talking to?" I smirked as I tried to lift her face up. "No one" she told me and went up right away to serve the order Wendy prepared earlier when- klug! She fell on the floor. And guess where the ice cream cake landed? It landed on the customer's skirt.


"What the kkk?????" The customer shouted at Kim Yerim, who was still sitting on the floor. Everyone in the shop is looking at them now. Kim Yerim immediately stood up and bowed down, "I'm really sorry, I'm really really sorry" she said. The customer pushed Yerim down the floor once again. My eyes were widened this time, " what would you do with this?" The customer shouted as she pointed at her skirt. I can feel my blood going up through the veins in my head, I was so mad. Yerim cried, I never saw her cry, not until now. My knuckles were getting white as I closed my fists really tight. I was about to defend my best friend when I felt Wendy's hand holding mine, "I got this" she smiled at me.


"Excuse me ma'am, we are really sorry but you don't have to be physical towards our staff. If you would like, we can provide you another ice cream cake. You wouldn't have to pay." Wendy talked to the customer calmly. She helped Yerim up who was still crying on the floor, " it" the customer said and went out of the shop. Everyone was still looking; I ran to my best friend right away, "are you okay??" I asked her. Kim Yerim shook her head side wards, indicating she isn't. She hugged me tight; I looked at Wendy, pointing at the storage room. I need to talk to Yerim, I mouthed her. Wendy nodded and when we were about to enter the storage room- "Everyone, I am sorry about that. I'll give you free ice cream bars for the cause we've made." She bowed her head and went to the counter to get some ice cream bars. I went soft for Wendy. Soft??? I was surprised as well. But, I thought, she's still the same.


Yerim and I went in the storage. She was still crying, I've never seen Kim Yerim like this before. "What's wrong Yerim?" I asked her. She hugged me really tight, "I'm sorry Joy" she told me. I was confused, "what are you sorry about?" I asked her. She looked into my eyes, with her eyes still shedding some tears, "you're right" she told me "I was having a conversation with someone earlier" she continued.

I knew it. Kim Yerim looked so lost after going out of the storage room, "was that Saeron?" "Did you two break up?" I asked her. Yes, Kim Yerim have a girlfriend, Kim Saeron. The same Saeron, I used to work with, in this ice cream cake shop, though she was in the morning shift. She was also the same Saeron who took in charge when I needed another day off for Wendy. Yerim, fell for her. And, now Saeron is Yerim's co-worker at the coffee shop. I mean, before Kim Yerim and I were dismissed.


"Yes, I mean yes she was the one I was talking to earlier but we didn't break up" Yerim told me, and I was relieved. I knew how hard it is to break up with someone you love. I knew how it feels. "Then, what's the problem?" I asked her, "Sooyoung, I'm sorry. I know you are having a hard time here, so I tried to talk to our manager in the coffee shop, she accepted me but she told me she didn't need some part time workers now. She didn't accept you" my eyes were widened; I was shocked. I thought, I couldn’t work with Wendy Son alone. Then, I suddenly remembered her two siblings, her salary in the coffee shop was much more higher than what she is receiving here. My heart ached. I knew she really tried hard for me. I knew she didn't want to leave me alone, I didn't want her to leave as well, but she needs this. I need to let Kim Yerim go. I hugged her, "it's okay, I know you need this." I told her as she cried on my arms.


We went back to work. Yerim was back in her track once again as she recovered from what happened earlier. Time passed by, it was already twelve in the midnight. This time, I was the one who closed the gray vertical roller curtains while Wendy and Yerim talked inside the storage room. I didn't know if Yerim already told Wendy but I told her earlier that I'll be the one to tell Wendy Son if she's scared. Yerim went out first, I smiled at her, "I'll just see you later" I told her. Kim Yerim hugged me really tight before heading out, "thank you" she told me. I was happy, I knew Kim Yerim was happier in that coffee shop with Saeron, I knew she needed that. My heart was happy for my not-so-demonic best friend.


Wendy went out five minutes after. Well, I didn't know; I didn't expect this as well, but I admired Wendy Son once again, after I saw how she handled the situation, and how she low key defended my best friend earlier. It was indeed the same Wendy Son I knew, the same Wendy Son I loved. I followed her footsteps with my eyes glued to hers. She went to the utility cabinet, got those cleaning towels and immediately started cleaning the tables. It's weird; she didn't play the music this time. She didn't bother looking at me, though all I did was stare at her. That's weird, I thought. Now, I miss how she looked and smirked at me. Now, I miss how she talked to me. Now, I miss her annoying me. It was really awkward; no one starts any conversation. I can't hear anything, well of course, except the sounds of the tables being dragged while we clean it. I can't take this anymore, I thought and decided to break the silence. Yes, I was the one who talked to Wendy Son first, this time.

 

"Uhm, Wendy." I called for her name; she looked at me right away. Her eyes; they looked like they were in sorrow, like they wanted to tell me something but they couldn't. They were the same eyes I saw in my dream, "About Yerim, did she tell you?" I asked her. Wendy smiled and nodded, "she needs that job" I continued. Wendy smiled at me once again, though this time it was brighter than the smile she gave me just few seconds ago; it was more sincere. I knew she would understand. She's indeed the same Wendy Son I knew. I didn't know, but my heart suddenly went soft for her. I just found myself later going to the computer system, playing those R&B songs I used to play for her before. And when I was about to look at her once again- an electrifying feeling went up through my body as I felt Wendy's arms wrapped around my waist. She was hugging me from behind, really tight. I didn't know but I loved it. "Sorry, I'm sorry for everything" she told me, my heart was aching though, it was beating really fast at the same time. I held her arms on my waist, and slowly turned myself around. We looked at each other; her eyes were twinkling. Those eyes, I thought. Those eyes were the same eyes that used to tell me they loved me. "I-I s-still love you" and I was right as she stuttered telling me she still loved me. My heart beats faster and faster as we stared at each other. I didn't know, but I just thought I didn't need her explanation, I just thought I want her back; I want Wendy Son back. I loved her, and I still love her. Well, the usual stupid me. I cupped her face, and rubbed her cheek lightly. Maybe, I can work with Wendy Son alone, I thought before I slowly leaned down. And yes, I kissed Wendy Son once again.




Months passed


Kim Yerim was still working full time at the coffee shop. Well, our schedules wouldn't fit now, since her shift starts at twelve midnight when I was just about to go home though, I could still see her sleep beside me every time I wake up at 10 in the morning. Yes, I am still staying with my not-so-demonic best friend after all. We both have Saturday and Sundays as our day off. Though our talking sessions would just be every Sunday morning, since she would still adjust her body clock every Saturday, and since she got a date with Saeron every Sunday afternoon. I thought, I'm just happy for my best friend. And me? Well, I got a date too, since Wendy Son would always call me to eat with her, literally everyday. And, those things I thought I would never do with Wendy Son ever again, well; I am doing it with her once again. Those things I used to get rid off; those things I hated after our break up, well, I'm starting to love it once again.



I'm starting to love how she calls me Joy once again; it makes my heart skip a bit.


I'm starting to love those bright down lights once again, as it made me see Wendy Son's sincere and bright smiles clearer, every time she would talk to every customer and every time she would walk past me. It made me see Wendy Son's twinkling eyes as well, every time she looks at me, mouthing that she loves me, as the bright white lights passes through it.


I'm starting to love those R&B songs once again, as it simply makes Wendy Son happy. I can see how she smiles while cleaning, and listening to her favorite songs. I love how she sings those meaningful lyrics out loud for me, I love it every time she pulls me at the center of the ice cream cake shop while cleaning to just hug me and slowly dance the night away.


I'm starting to love those vertical gray roller curtains once again, as it covers the whole glass wall in front of the shop. I love how it isolates us from everyone like no one exists, except for the two of us. I just love it when it's just the two of us.


I'm starting to love those pink and blue cove lightings, as it makes the ambiance more relaxing while we passionately kiss each other at that one particular dark pink accent wall at the back, which I'm starting to love again, as well.


We started going through those illegal bars once again, where we would just drink and relax for at least one to two hours. I love it when she's tipsy, because she would always tell me she loves me non-stop. Well, I love it when she's sober as well, because I can see the sincerity in her eyes every time she would tell me how much she loves me.


We started passing through those alleys, as we made out at every dead end once again. Well, I love how she would insist to drop me off at Yerim's apartment after, even though those alley's were just five minutes away from her apartment.


We started our daily lunch dates once again before we go to work. I love it when she calls me at exactly ten in the morning to wake up. I love how she would wait for me in front of the building. I love it when she holds my hand as we walked through the streets. I love how she feeds me, every time.


We started going to salons again at least every once a month. I love how we pick each other's nail art. And I just love every haircut she had. Everything just seems good for her; every hairstyle fitted her.


We started doing everything, we used to do once again and I loved it. I love everything I do with Wendy Son. I just love Wendy Son; I just love everything about Wendy Son.



"Joy" I heard Wendy call me, that's when I realized, I spaced out myself while we were cleaning as I just daydreamed about us, about everything, once again. I felt Wendy's body pressed against mine; she hugged me really tight. She then took off the cleaning towel from my hand and just placed it at the top of the table. She pulled me at the center of the shop while her favorite R&B music was playing and swayed our bodies together.


"Joy, I miss you" she told me. I knew she wanted to tell me more, I can see it in her eyes, they were telling me something that I couldn't understand. I hugged her tighter as I looked into her eyes, "What's that?" I asked her, her eyes were furrowed this time acting confused but I knew she was just worried. "What's what?" She asked me as we still swayed our bodies together, through the song. "What's that, you wanted to tell me?" I asked her, her eyes were slightly widened this time. I knew Wendy tried to control it, her eyes were much more bigger than this when she's shocked. I knew she tried to control it for me not to notice though it was still noticeable. It was cute though. I smiled at her, "it's okay, tell me" and continued.


"I-I Uhm" she stuttered, "I mean please uhm- p- please go back to our apartment" she stuttered even more though, I was glad she managed to continue. My heart started racing once again. I was happy. I hugged her tighter and pulled her body closer to mine, "why would I resist this time?" I told her. I saw her eyes were twinkling. She was happy as well. She placed her arms around my shoulders, pulled me down and kissed me.


I texted Yerim, I wouldn't be back today. Well, I wouldn't be back totally. I thought, I would just visit her and explain everything on our usual Sunday morning talks.


Wendy and I went straight to her apartment. It's been months since I last visited her apartment. If I'm not mistaken, the last time I visited was the 'unlucky day,' the time I thought she was just playing around, the time I cried myself out. Well, not to mention, I had a slight phobia after that. I really wouldn't like to go. No, I'd like to but I really just can't go since a lot of ed up memories happened in that apartment, in our used to be apartment. I still tried to build a small wall between us despite of everything; I tried to reserve something for myself. I built a small wall by resisting everything she asked me, relating to that apartment; I resisted every late movie nights, I resisted every early morning breakfasts. I resisted her asking me to go back. Yes, she asked me that question a lot of times before but I resisted. I was still scared. Well, not until now, as I decided to break that small wall between us. I decided to be brave this time. I decided to trust Wendy, fully, once again.


My heart was racing, as we stood in front of her apartment's door, I won't lie, I was still scared. Wendy looked into my eyes and smiled at me before opening the door. I nodded, then she held my hand tighter as she unlocked and opened the door. I breathed deeply and closed my eyes before walking in. And guess what? And on that exact moment I opened my eyes once again; I was totally surprised. My body was frozen, though my eyes still looked around; at every corner. The apartment looks totally different. The used to be plain light orange walls, have a half-wood paneling now, painted in cream white. And, the upper part was painted in light green, my favorite color. The framed photo I saw at the coffee table last time was hanged this time. She even changed the placement of every furniture. I was surprised, I didn't know how to react, and I was just frozen-


"I wanted us to start again" she told me. I looked at her; she was smiling at me softly. Her eyes were twinkling, telling me she is sincere. That's when I realized; she made all of this just for me. That's when I realized, how much Wendy Son loves me.


We cuddled as we binge-watch some new movies we weren't able to watch together after our break up. She hugged me in her arms, really tight as she kissed my temple every minute. I nuzzled my face against her neck, "Sooyoung stop" she told me. I smirked as I thought she's still the same. Wendy didn't like me nuzzling my face against her neck since it tickled her. Hah, I thought and gave her a dirty look. She curled her lips up, indicating she's annoyed. Wrong move, I thought because this time, I wanted to annoy her even more. I nuzzled my head against her neck even closer. Ha ha ha, Wendy started laughing. I love hearing her laugh. And so, I tickled her even more. I started poking her side waists as well, "Sooyoung ha ha ha stop" I heard her voice crack down; Wendy started crying out of laughter. "I can't breathe" she told me and that's when I stopped. I was worried. Well, guess I'm just really gullible after all as the ing actress attacked me. This time, she was the one who tickled me. And guess what? I can't ing move since she positioned herself on top of me. She tickled me to death. Thankfully, this actress within me made its way to help me. I cried, well, of course it was fake. And my also gullible girlfriend stopped.


I didn't know but right after she stopped, everything went awkward. We just stared into each other's eyes, frozen in our positions. Wait, my eyes were widened after I realized. Our positions? I realized, Wendy was still on top of me. And, why it went awkward all of a sudden? Everything made sense now. I saw the fire in Wendy's eyes, as she looked closely to mine. My heart started racing, it felt like it was jumping out of my chest. Then, the next thing I knew, our lips were locked against each other. I didn't know how it started, did I pull her closer to me, did she leaned towards me, or both. I didn't know. She moved her lips softly, her hands groping every inch of my body. I don't know but It felt right. Our soft lip locking kisses didn't last long as it intensified after a few minutes. It intensified once I felt her tongue, circling around my lips, trying to enter my mouth. I pulled her closer; our bodies were glued this time. Then, I opened my mouth. I can feel the heat rose up to my cheeks once I felt her tongue touched mine. I can feel the warmness of our breath, alternately inhaling and exhaling like it was in union as we passionately kissed each other. Our kisses stopped when she went down a little bit to give me trail kisses on the neck then- AH


I woke up with a slight sore on my body. I still feel Wendy's right arm wrapped around my waist. I missed this, I thought. I missed having Wendy beside me; I remember those times I would wake up with her beside me. It just feels so right. She makes me feel safe. I held Wendy's arms and put it aside carefully; slowly as possible. I wouldn't like to wake her up, just yet since I’d like to give those past favors back. I'd like to cook breakfast for her, like how she cooked breakfasts for me before. Well, my skills in cooking aren't comparable to Wendy's, but I'd like to try.


I stood up gradually, making sure Wendy wouldn't notice. And once I thought it was a success, I looked back at her. It was indeed a success, as I saw her still sleeping heavily. Her body was still facing my side, her left arm clamped below the pillow, and her right arm stretched in front of her. I was staring at her when- SRRNK. Wendy was snoring. Well, I knew she was snoring but this was much more louder than before. I giggled as I thought it was cute.


I went out of her room little by little, trying really hard not to make any sound. Once I got out, I went straight to the kitchen, searched for ingredients and immediately started cooking. Well, I didn't know how to start but I started anyway, without any plans. I started off with the rice since I thought it was the easiest, having a rice cooker around. Then, I suddenly thought of making a Kimchi Stew, since hot soup is a good starter for a hungry stomach. Well, Kimchi Stew isn't that good without a pair, so I cooked her favorite meat, which is grilled short ribs. I thought I was having a good cooking session, until I tasted the ing Kimchi Stew. It was ing tasteless. I was trying to restore it when I smelled a ing burning meat. How can I forget, I was also cooking some grilled short ribs. And the result? Yeah, I ed everything up. No, I mean not all, since the rice was perfect.


I served everything anyway. The ing rice was so ing perfect. And, it was ing soft as a cloud. Hah, I thought, at least I did something right. The Kimchi Stew tasted a bit better after restoring it, though it wasn't still half way of Wendy's recipe. At least it wasn't tasteless, I thought. And the meat? Well, I ed it up big time. A lot of meat became stones, literally. As it went black, and it was really ing hard. Some meat was still edible though, so I just tried to peel off the burnt parts feeling sorry for Wendy.


I walked back in the room to wake Wendy up when- Ting! I saw her phone lighted up beside me. She had a message. It wasn't intentional, but I saw the name and- Irene? It was a familiar name. Irene? I thought of it once again, and that's when I remember everything. It was Irene, the same Irene she laughed and smiled with while I was ing worried, trying to find her everywhere. . My heart ached. Why did I trust her fully once again? I asked myself, as I felt my tears slowly falling down on my face. . I ran with tears in my eyes once again. , I thought. I'm ruined once again.



Saturday and Sunday passed, I never contacted her after that. I stayed with Yerim once again, telling her nothing. Wendy Son texted and called me a lot of times, If I said a lot of times, trust me because she called for ing 200 times and texted me for ing 300 times until I turned my phone off. I tried to find a job, but guess I was unlucky since I wasn't able to get one, yet. , I told myself as I thought destiny is ing playing with me once again.


It was Monday morning. Yerim was still sleeping. And me? Well, I am just ing staring at the laptop in front of me blankly. I am trying to write my resignation letter but I just can't write anything. Especially now that I knew Wendy Son was my ing boss. I would need to send her this ing letter, her, and me one-on-one. My mind was blank. I didn't know what to write. I searched for some sample resignation letters online.


There was a reason,

I wanted to study again


And a,

Thank you


Wait, thank you??? Why would I thank Wendy Son? After every thing? It was a no-no for me; I just can't thank Wendy Son now. I stared at the ing word, blankly, for at least 3 ing hours, if I'm not mistaken. Until AHHHHH!!!! I screamed my heart out, as I closed my laptop really hard. I gave up; I didn't care anymore. I thought I'd just tell her I'd ing resign.




That's the last time, I thought before walking in the shop. That's the last time I would let myself be ruined by Wendy Son. I went in, trying to be as confident as I can be. I didn't bother bringing my uniform with me since I thought of resigning today. I saw Wendy Son at the counter. She was looking at me. Those eyes, I can see how sad her eyes were. No!! I told myself, I can't go soft for her once again.


"Can I talk to you?" I asked her blankly. She looked into my eyes, I can see her eyes closer; I knew they were in pain. Her face is serious; she didn't try to annoy me this time; she didn't smile. She just nodded, like she knew what I was about to tell her.


She turned around, breaking our stare. She walked first and, I followed her after a few steps. She stopped for a while, whispering something to the person who replaced Kim Yerim's position. I rolled my eyes, wait am I feeling jealous? I asked myself and shook my head to refocus. No, this can't be, I thought. And followed Wendy Son, as she walked once again, going to the storage room. Once both of us were inside, she locked the door. She looked into my eyes once again, but this time I can see her eyes were forming some watery substance though she would constantly sigh to stop those tears from coming out.


"I-I'm go-going" , why am I stuttering? I told myself as I stopped for a second and took a deep breath, "I'm going to resign" I continued. This time, I tried to be as confident.


"What's wrong Joy? I-I called you a lot of times, but you didn't answer? Just tell me what's wrong" she told me, as the tears she tried to fight back from falling earlier, fell. Wendy Son is crying, I've never seen her cry this much before. My heart ached. I wanted to ing tell her I hate her but I can't. My tears were shedding this time, as well. I can't ing say a word. , I thought as I turned around, trying to wipe my tears off. "This would be the last time" I told her. My heart was ing aching as I thought this time, I wouldn't look back. This time, I would walk out of her life completely.


I was about to take a step when I felt her arms, wrapped around my waist once again. It was really tight. I was frozen, my heart ached; it felt like it was torn into pieces. I can't breathe normally. "Joy, please listen to me. Please listen to me this time" she told me. I cried; I cried myself out. My heart was aching so much though I didn't move, trying to tell Wendy Son I'll listen. Last time, I'll listen to her for the first and last time. I tried to be brave this time. I know I would never be ready hearing her she loved someone else. But I guess, once I hear it directly from her, I'd be able to do it. I thought, I can finally leave her, and walk out from her life totally. Without hesitating, without looking back.


"I was so sad that time, I was about to tell you but once I opened the door, you looked so happy. I can't just make you sad, when you're so happy. I tried to smile, I tried my best trust me. But that day, was the same day my grandmother died. I was about to meet Seulgi and Irene when my mom called me. And I hate it, because I can't do anything. I can't visit my grandmother. They are in a ing place so far from us. I decided to just stay in our apartment, I just cried myself out. I love you Sooyoung, I always loved you." Wendy cried. I can hear her hiccups as she stopped for a while.


My tears started falling down once again as I realized I was ing stupid for not realizing sooner that she had something in her, that's holding her back from smiling. It was stupid of me for not recognizing my own ing girlfriend was in pain, she needed me but I broke her heart even more. I realized Wendy Son was right. After listening, I thought Wendy Son was right, she really tried hard to smile for me, throughout the pain she's been facing alone. And, my ing heart ached.


"And that time we broke up, it was the same day as our 4th anniversary. I pretended to be sick so I could surprise you. I wanted to surprise you. I called Irene and Seulgi to ask how do they celebrate their anniversaries. They were so happy for me and told me they would help me. We bought things right after you went out, and went back to our apartment at 6 in the evening, that time I thought I still have 6 hours to decorate since our shift ends at 12. Luckily, we decorated everything at 10:30. We went to the ice cream cake shop to buy you some and that's when you saw me. I tried to explain but you won't listen. I tried to stop you but you just kept on pushing me away. You never came back to our apartment after, so I called Kim Yerim for help" she continued.


4th anniversary? How can I not remember? I didn't ing know it was our 4th anniversary. We broke up exactly on our 4th anniversary. I broke up with her on our 4th anniversary.


Irene and Seulgi? Anniversary? I never thought they were girlfriends, Wendy didn't tell me about them. Wait- that's when I realized, I never really asked about Wendy. I was too focused on telling her my stories and I never get to listen to hers. , my heart ached once again. I was too ashamed to face her. I was just frozen. I didn't know what to say. I’m sorry, I wanted to tell her but it wouldn't just come out. I was stupid


Wendy turned me around, "I'm sorry" she told me as she cupped my face and wiped off my tears. I should be the one telling her that, but me. I can't say anything. My mouth was shut, like it was ing glued. I looked at her in the eyes, she was still crying.


"I love you Sooyoung" she told me as the tears from her eyes were falling.


That's when I realized, Wendy never really changed. She's still the same, indeed. It was me who got so overwhelmed with everything she did for me, that I didn't notice, she was having a hard time; That I didn't realize, it wasn't just me but Wendy Son was having some problems as well.


"I'm sorry" and finally, it came out. I hugged Wendy Son really tight, "I'm really sorry" I continued. This time, I was the one who cupped her face and wiped off her tears.


"I love you Wendy" I told her and leaned down slowly. I remember, this was our exact same position when I confessed my love for her. I remember, this was the same storage room; I first told her I loved her. I softly locked my lips against hers. And, I remember, this is where we first kissed as well. I love you Wendy Son.