I. TOUR

WENJOY ONESHOTS

KRING! KRING! Wendy woke up as she heard her phone buzzing and alarming really loud. It's her third day in Korea, she realized, which means she would have a packaged tour this time. Wendy's eyes were still closed, her hands trying to find her phone. She touched every corner of her bed and as soon as she got her phone, she slowly opened her eyes. Her vision is still blurry as she blinked once, twice. And on the third time, her vision became clear. She looked at her phone, the first thing she saw was the time, and it’s 5:30 in the morning and immediately turned off the alarm. She needs to get moving, she told herself.


She slowly tried to lift herself up, her arms supporting her body, pushing through the bed. After a little while when she was finally sat, she closed her eyes once more to think of what to do first. Should I wake Seulgi up or should I take a bath first, she was contemplating when she heard her best friend’s alarm.


"Hey Kang Seulgi!! Get up now, you should take the bath first." She decided thinking they should do it alternately.


"Yeah, yeah" her friends answered her with its sleepy voice. Seulgi quickly turned off her alarm and goes down, with their bed being a bunk bed.


Their room was pretty small, since they were still students; they tried their best to save money and chose to stay in a so-called cheap guesthouse. Opening the door you would immediately see the television set at the your left side, and the refrigerator below. The toilet and bath are in front of the door and the bunk bed on your right side.


Once Seulgi went in to take a bath, Wendy got up and fixed her things, what should I wear, she thought to herself as she picked up the most important cloth she needs, her heat tech. It's winter in Korea now, and winter in Korea is unbelievably cold. She picked up another sweater and a hoodie. Layering is very important; it's all about the layering to feel less cold. Finally, for the last layer, she chose her not-too-long brown trench coat. Right exactly after she choose, her friend went out of bath.


With Seulgi's voice shaking, "it's very cold~~" she told Wendy while drying up her hair.


-

It's 7:20 in the morning, right after checking everything they need. They immediately went out of their guesthouse. Their pick up time was 7:50 in the morning. They wrote their guesthouse as their pick up place, but Wendy realized it isn't passable by cars. It's exactly 7:30 in the morning as they were walking, finding the nearest underground exit. Once she saw what exit it was, she immediately contacted the person in charge that they would just wait on exit 4, worrying the driver wouldn't see their guesthouse.


"Okay" After a few minutes, the person in charge replied and agreed, Wendy sighed as a sign of relief, thinking they would be there soon.


They waited for a while; it's 8:00 am in the morning now. Her hands starting to tighten as the cold wind touches it. Her body starts shivering. It's been 30 minutes of waiting. They should be here at exactly or before 7:50, she told herself wondering.

 

"Seulgi shall we ask them what time are they going to come??"


Seulgi answered with her voice shaking "Y-ye-yes I think so, it's really cold"


Getting her hands out from her pocket, once again she felt the cold wind touch it. She took out her phone, hoping to see a message from the person in charge, but she saw none. She immediately called them, wondering what time are they going to pick them up.


"Hello?" The person in charge answered after 3 rings.


"Hello? We would just like to know what time are you going to pick us up?" Wendy asked politely, trying to avoid negativity


"They just picked you up. What? Wait I’ll call you back"


As soon as Wendy heard what the person in charge said; negativity crawled all over her body. She was pissed.


"They should've messaged us." Her best friend told her, and lets out a sigh. Her best friend must be pissed as well.


Her phone rang after a few seconds. The person in charge called back as she promised "Hello. The bus stopped in front of **** station, exit 3. Can you take a taxi now? They are waiting for you"


Wendy rolled her eyes, what the actual f-, she told herself. Now they want them to take a taxi. Left with no other choice, she replied with an "Okay"


Once they rode a taxi, she checked her phone received a trail of messages from the person in charge. She actually made a group, with the person in charge and their tour guide. She was totally pissed with how the way the person in charge messaged her, trying to hurry them up. And after a few minutes, her phone rang again. This time it's their tour guide calling.


"Hello?" She tried to relax and answered.


"Hello? Can you ask the driver what time are you going to arrive?" Wendy was pissed; it's definitely not their fault. And they seemed to be hurrying them up.


"Mister, what time are we going to arrive?" She still asked their driver, trying to calm down. We should be enjoying this trip, she told herself thinking everything will be okay.


"Maybe 3-5 minutes"


-

They finally arrived. They saw a bus stopped in front of a convenience store, number 8093. As they walked in, she saw a tall girl with her black wavy hair; her face was pretty; close to perfection. She saw her wearing an I.D. Park Sooyoung, she read her name and at the bottom, smaller letters were written. She tried to read it, Tour guide. It's their tour guide and she's smiling at them. She's really pretty, she thought to herself. She walked quickly to find their seat, but once she walked past their tour guide, her pace was like in slow mo. Her negative energy replaced with positivity. She can't help but smile back. She's not that bad.


They found 2 sits slightly apart from each other; the only thing that separates their sit was the center aisle. Seulgi sat with a Korean girl and Wendy sat with a foreigner. Right after they sat, the bus started moving. She saw the pretty tour guide walking towards; she tried to avoid an eye contact, looking at her phone. After a few seconds she felt her stopped, standing in between her and Seulgi "hi" she slowly looked at the woman standing beside her, but to her disappointment, Park Sooyoung was looking at Seulgi.


"Can you write your name here? This is for the attendance."


Her voice is refreshing, she thought to herself.


"Yes" Seulgi replied and took the paper the tour guide was giving her. Seulgi looked at her smirking. Her best friend moved closer to her trying to whisper something "She's pretty."


Wendy disagreed; fake disagreed. After a few minutes, once again she saw Park Sooyoung approaching, this time holding IDs in both hands. And this time she didn't avoid their eye contact, Park Sooyoung smiled at her.


"You're with her right?" She asked Wendy


"Y-yes" Wendy stuttered as she saw Park Sooyoung's face close to hers


"This is my ID to know you're in my group, I’m your tour guide by the way. Park Sooyoung. Sorry a while ago Wendy." Sooyoung smiled again, melting Wendy's heart. She knows me. She went in slow motion again, as she was taking her ID, giving Sooyoung a nod, not taking her eyes away from her.


Sooyoung then went to the person at their back, giving her ID with one person in every group or pair. She looked back and saw her best friend in her peripheral view, smiling at her.


"What was that? I thought-" Seulgi was stopped with Wendy's hand on . Their tour guide was about to go back, she looked at Seulgi indicating to stop. Seulgi laughed and said "fine Wendy"

At their first stop, their tour guide explained what they would go through explaining how narrow it is inside the cave, how deep it would be, and how long it would take before reaching the end. She then said once they feel uncomfortable, they can go back anytime, but it's surely worth it once they reached the end. The tour guide laughed, which made Wendy's heart flutter.


"But the hardest part is going back, you will surely sweat a lot going high up again"


Wendy and Seulgi still tried to walk down the cave, they were really curious what would they see. It's indeed really narrow. After 20 minutes of walking, they finally reached the end it was worth it; with all the different shapes of stone made by nature. After a few minutes of looking, they decided to go up again. It is really stiff and high.


30 minutes passed, they finally reached the top again. Seulgi and Wendy catching up there breathe. Their legs felt a bit numb. They went to the nearest bench to sit and rest. When Wendy felt someone sat beside her, she looked at her side. Eyes widened as she saw their tour guide smiling at her. She let out an awkward smile and slightly moved away. She got shy with all the sweat in her face and her body. She tried to smell herself.


"Sorry I’m a bit sweaty"


Their tour guide laughed softly, "It's okay. How was it?"


"It's great.” She awkwardly answered


-

Their second destination was an observatory. Their tour guide explained again what they would see, and if anybody wants to take the elevator, they can since it's on the 4th floor.


"Elevator?" Her best friend asked her


"Definitely" she says straightly, her legs still feeling a bit numb


TING! The elevator stopped at their floor, they were the first one to go inside. With Wendy pressing the hold and Seulgi being pushed at the back. The last one who entered was Sooyoung, who stood beside Wendy.


"Thank you" Sooyoung said smiling at Wendy. Wendy's heart fluttered, she smiled back and nodded.


-

It's 2pm in the afternoon, heading back to Seoul, Sooyoung asked everyone who made a reservation of a meal at a restaurant. Wendy with her regret did not reserve a meal.


Once they arrived at their stop, Seulgi and Wendy was the last one who went out of the bus. They saw Sooyoung waiting at the door. Once Wendy got out, heart started beating faster when she heard Sooyoung's voice "Eat with me?" Looking at her. She panicked for a second but remembered Sooyoung isn't actually asking her out but for those who booked a reservation. So she awkwardly said no.


Her best friend pinched her a bit, smirking. "Miss Sooyoung. Can we take a picture with you?"


Sooyoung softly laughs and agrees. She moved a little far from Seulgi for Wendy to stay in the middle.


"Thank you" Seulgi and Wendy said smiling at their tour guide. Sooyoung nods, and looked at Wendy. She looked like she wants to say something but can't so she just waved them goodbye.


-

It's 8pm in the evening when Wendy received a message. Her eyes widened, when she saw who it was. It's Park Sooyoung.


"Eat with me?"


"Wrong send?"


"No"
"I was actually asking you out a while ago, but it seems a little bit of bad timing"


"Okay"


Wendy agreed.


-

Wendy woke up from her daydream smiling.


"Why are you smiling?" Some familiar voice asked her coming back from reality


"I suddenly remembered how we first met" she told her girlfriend "Maybe it was meant to be you weren't able to pick us up, we got each others number though"


Her girlfriend went closer to her and back hugged her.


"You were shy and awkward back then."


"And you were bold"


"Because you won't make a move"

"Wendyyy"


Wendy turned around to see Sooyoung "Hm?"


And she felt Sooyoung's lips pressed against her lips.

 

"I love you" Sooyoung told her