PROLOUGE

Under-Ground (J.JK X READER)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Her hazel eyes looked at the man infront of her in confusion as he was currently on the phone, but the movements and the every now and then of him ruffeling his hair in a frusterated manner didn't go unoticed by her.

One minute they were watching tv together having fun eating pizza since he couldn't really cook, but none the less they were bonding but this phone call, - she didn't like how it was getting in the way of that.

"Daddy, are you okay?" she anticipated, she wanted to know what was wrong desperatley and just looking at his figure wasn't resolving the war in his life right now. 

Part of her wondered if it had something to do with his work. She never really knew about his work, ever, and she never asked- she didn't want to get in the way if that even made sense. But it's not like she never tried before, like she never wondered, because in reality? She did, she remembered asking him once, he just brushed it off so she decided he probably didn't hear and just repeated what she said. You could say the way he reacted 'scared'. No, she just got boderline terrifed, but she was only seven, she had a right to. But the way he smacked in hands on the table like in a buisness manner, his angered eyes, and if it were a cartoon? steam would blow out his nose.

But she knew better then that now- atleast, she was 10 now, the only reason she refrained from mentioning his work or hell- even his day at work was always because, and always would be because of that memory.

To be honest? Right now she thought his work was just a mere and small buisness job, or maybe a small job, she was only ten but she knew her dads income wasn't that good anyways. So she wondered why would he get so nervous? Was he getting fired? Something came up and the place he worked blew up?

But she also had her fair share of suspicous thoughts, because sometimes she thought her dad was a bad man. Why? It was because of the guns you had seen in your dads bedtime table while trying to get your candy. You brushed it aside though, you trusted your dad and you wouldn't think he did stuff like that, so you most definently didn't believe it.

But right now what if your dad was the evil man? What if he is this man who you think kills people on a daily? If you were honest to about it? You didn't care, you don't know why you just didn't, and it surprised you too. But if your dad was this buff man killing people and being the villan, wouldn't he just ignore his child? Instead of calling them a princess? Instead of babying her? Instead of spoiling her when his income was bad? And their was something that didn't make you feel bad for him killing people, he probably had a reason but even then. You. Didn't. Care.

"I'm fine pumpkin go back to watching Barbie, Okay pumpkin, Let daddy just handle this"

"But I wanna help daddy! I do, I do, I do!" she stomped everytime she said I do.

"Sweetie help daddy by going and sitting down" He said in a serious tone. But it wasn't going to get through at this time and moments.

"No! That's boring work! I want fun work!" You yelled "I'm scared for daddy I wanna help! I wanna, I wanna!"

"Merlin Johns" voice laced in venom "You go sit on that couch right this instance before you get a time-out"

You slightly flinched but kept stance "No" You didn't yell this time, or stomp, or any physical movement, you were genuine and it was hard to accept from a ten year old, but you were entilted to thought that your dad was a killer- or gangster, you were just going to have to clairify it first.

"Daddy I know you're a gangster (gangther) lemme help you" she frowned.

"And how would you know that?" You hmped "Because of the guns in the drawer" 

"That's nothing pumpkin don't make things up" he sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. He didn't want you to know he was a gangster, he didn't want to involve you in things like that, especially when he was in a gang rivalry with another gang, he couldn't just introduce you to the underground like it was some Candy Land game , because as much as he wanted it to be? This wasn't a game, atleast lives at risk aren't really fun to play with.

But at the same time he did have to introduce you to it, Because if he didn't teach you how to shoot a gun you wouldn't survive. He didn't want you to grow up thinking guns were dangerous and you couldn't kill people because of that, sure he put you in multiple of combat lessons like, boxing,kick boxing, taekwondo, karate, and a bit of gymnasticts to learn some flips, while you mastered all those you didn't even know what a real gun looked like, how to use or hell- even shoot with one, he had to teach you all of those and make sure you became good at it before it was too late, he knew sooner or later the other gang would overpower them, it was clear, and if the other gangs killed them? based on the way the under ground handels children it wasn't going to be a fun ride for you.

So he sighed deeply, did

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter