3/3

summer love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

We’re back at the dorm. Juyeon is taking a shower right now, so I’m alone with my thoughts and I can’t stop the girl that is constantly showing up in my mind. Dawon smiling, Dawon teaching us how to differentiate plants, Dawon scolding one of our  campers, Dawon talking to me and randomly touching me when she’s excitedly telling me about one of her many experiences in the camp.

I know I’m in love, that’s no surprise. I’m feeling exactly in the same way I felt with Juyeon. My heart ready to explode, my confused thoughts, the constant desire to have her around, the fact that everything she does make my heart flutter. 

I knew someday this would happen. My beliefs are resumed in: we have many necessities and a single person can’t fulfill all of that. In other words, I knew one day I would find in someone else things Juyeon wouldn’t be able to complete. And that’s ok, at least in my mind. She is, still, the love of my life. Or one of them? 

— Hey, baby. Are you ok? — My girlfriend asks, bringing me to reality. I look up at her, smiling shortly.

— Yes. Just lost in my thoughts. — I answer, opening my arms inviting her to lay down in my embrace. She doesn’t hesitate to do so. When I feel her warm body against mine, I relax. 

We stay in silence, just cuddling while the other campers are taking care of themselves before dinner. I can feel in my bones that Juyeon wants to say something, though. She looks at me twice or thrice, opening and closing it right after. I raise my eyebrows with a side smile planted in my face.

— What? Just say it, Jani. — I use our personal pet name to make her talk. I pout, squeezing her. But somewhere inside me I already know what she’s going to say. And why? Easy. I’m very observant of my surroundings, even more when it’s about my girlfriend. Since we came to the camp — read: since Dawon — she’s acting weird; not really weird, but I can see how she looks at our instructor and how nervous she gets every time Dawon is around. I did a test early that day, complimenting the woman about

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter