1/3

summer love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DAWON'S POV 

 
 

— Dawon, you will be responsible for the team two. Do you have any questions? — The director asks me, looking in my direction with his big black eyes and a soft smile. He is a cool guy, but a bit too annoying when it comes to make everything seem perfect. I nod, smiling back, and put a hand in my forehead paying him salute. It's so easy to play around with him.  

— Don't you worry, mister Bee. I have everything under control. — And it's totally true. I am the best instructor in the camping and I've won its prize for — literally — best instructor for the third year in a row. To be honest, I still don't understand why we have an award, but I guess it's good for our self esteem. The campers really like me and I really like them, so we make a good team.  

Bee's Summer Camp has been active since before I was even born. The director, Mr. Bee, always had this idea of putting young people in the middle of nature so they could think about their lives, themselves and they dreams. And the activities would help them (games, trails, tasks, singing around the bonfire and everything) to get their problems and worries and throw them all away, giving them focus and motivation to live in the best way they could. When I first went to the camp, I fell madly in love with everything. It was (and it IS) everything I needed back then and today I'm grateful for my time as a camper. Of course, when I got old enough to be an instructor, I didn't wait to volunteer myself to be one. 

And here I am today. 

Usually, we have the same campers every year and it's very... tiring? To not say boring. I mean, I really like them all, but is just that I really enjoy meeting new people and what they have to show me. So, right now, when we're waiting for them to get in through the main gate, I look for new faces in expectation. I see a bunch of kids and teenagers, all laughs and talks. Their eyes shine bright and I can feel that same excitement. They're using casual clothes and they all have bags with personal stuff. Every time I see them entering the camp zone, I feel somehow nostalgic. That camp really is something. 

When we're already getting ready to go meet them personally, the last few get in. The gate is now closed and unfortunately, no one has captured my attention. I guess we don't have new faces this year. Well, it's a pit but I don't have time to think about this. Not when I have that many teenagers to control and not when they all seem very happy just to be there, standing and waiting for us to put them into groups.  

— Hello! Hello! I'm so happy you all are here! — Mr. Bee says with his loud and welcoming voice. How can you not love that man? He smiles so big now that I start smiling too. — How your school and college went this semester?  

All of them make funny sounds, happy and sad ones. I giggle, because you can see how they are divided and feeling different emotions towards their education.  

— Ok, I feel you. We have much work to do, right? — He asks and hands them a thumbs up. The campers nod in agreement, giving the director thumbs ups back. That's cute. 

— I see familiar faces here and there, most of them to be honest. — The man continues, getting out of his pocket a piece of paper. I turn my head towards him, curious to see what is written, but the letters are too small and I'm without my glasses. — But we do have new people between us this year. How exciting! — Mr. Bee informs and I take a few seconds to proceed that information. But I didn't see them! What? How could I miss that? 

— Oh! Finally! — Taeyong celebrates next to me and I can't help but laugh. I guess we all love new flesh, right? He is one of the instructors, responsible for the group four. One of the youngest here. I’m the younger.

— Please, when I say your name, take a step forward so we all can meet you properly. — The director announces and my eyes can't stop wandering in the sea of people in front of me. Where are they?  

— I can't wait. — I murmur, tilting my head close to the boy so my words can be  listened by him. Taeyong gives me a smile and nods. 

— Hopefully we will get a cute boy. — He says in the same tone as me and I roll my eyes, paying attention in the director now. 

— Lee Jinsook! — Mr. Bee’s voice is loud. I search for her, but it doesn’t take long until a small figure appears in the front with a shy smile. Her blonde — almost grey — hair is long and she has fox eyes. She’s a baby. The director smiles in her direction and keep going with his list. 

— Hwang Eunbi! — This girl is older and I can feel she’s almost my age. She has long dark hair and a smirk in her face. Why do I feel like she loves being in trouble?  

— Son Juyeon! — The last girl’s smile grows wider when the other one is called. I guess they are friends? But when I focus my attention in the new camper, my heart does a thing. I can’t really express the feeling, but it’s like it wants to get out of my chest. Juyeon is tall, has long black hai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter