T W O

P R E D E S T I N E D

“PREDESTINED”

Two


.\~*❦ *~/.




 


 

In his age of innocence Kim Seokjin had been a lovely child.




 

In Kinder he flourished, for the exuberant little boy was kind, caring, and very sweet towards others. The intelligent child was a favorite of his teachers and his extroverted personality attracted his fellow children like bees to honey. And Seokjin loved going to school. There, he was able to interact with his friends and have the best time enjoying all the activities that were offered. Learning was also something he liked and he’d be one of the firsts to raise his hand or share information he found interesting, even if it wasn’t related to the subject matter.



 

Memories of those days consisted of only the best experiences, mostly of his two best friends; Park Jimin and Jung Hoseok.

 

 

 

For Kim Seokjin, apart from his parents, there was no one he loved more than Park Jimin.




 

The younger boy had always been a part of his life, seeing as how their parents were of the same pack. Nowadays, Packs were relatively small, usually no more than a dozen members. Children born from within, were not considered actual members; only belonging by association until they come of age.

 

 

 

The formation of a pack was an uncontrollable force, for it was fate. It was known that the fated names of ones soulmates only appeared when the youngest destined member reached maturity; the predestined bond coming into fruition and sealing a new pack forever.

 

 

 

Thus, from the time that a young Seokjin understood the concept of soulmates and the formation of packs, he’d wanted nothing more than to be destined with Park Jimin.

 

 

 

They’d been raised together from the time they were infants until they’d reach the age when they no longer needed private pack-care and moved on to a public schoolhouse.

 

 

 

The two were so close, that you’d never see one without the other. Also, Seokjin was slightly older and bigger than Jimin, so he took on the duty of being Jimin’s protector; making sure no harm came to smaller as they grew together.

 

 

 

And Jimin, well, all he knew was happiness, for Seokjin always put Jimin’s needs before his own.

 

 

 

Then, in Pre-Kinder along came Jung Hoseok; the younger loud, outgoing, and a handful. Initially, they hadn’t known what to make of the overly active boy whom in intervals spent a great part of each day in the time-out chair. The rowdy child thrived in a social setting even if he always managed to frighten some of his peers with his forward ways.

 

 

 

Alike the first day they met when Hoseok had proclaimed to the whole class that one day he’d mate Seokjin, because the older boy was chubby like his awesome beta mother who he loved most in the world. Truly, Hoseok had meant it in the best way possible, for in his eyes his parents had the most ideal mateship and from an early age he had already determined he’d follow their example.

 

 

 

Nevertheless, Seokjin hadn’t spoken to him for a full week afterwards, until finally coming around and accepting the offer of friendship.

 

 

 

Thus, the duo of Kim Seokjin and Park Jimin became a trio; Jung Hoseok fitting into the dynamic of their small group as if he was always meant to be a part of it.

 

 

 


 

.\~*❦ *~/.

 



 

“2nd year is going to be so fun guys!” Jung Hoseok exclaimed as he interlocked his arms with his best friends, dragging them along in the search for their homerooms, retracing the route from the open house.

 

 

Park Jimin shook his head vehemently. “No, we won’t be in the same class anymore.” He pointed out, bottom lip quivering as they neared Hoseok’s assigned class door.



 

“Aw, we’ll still be together at recess and lunch.” Hoseok assured, hugging the pouting boy from where they stood huddled by his classroom.

 

 

“Yeah, don’t be sad Jiminie, you still have me by your side!” Seokjin reminded, joining the hug as he placed his chin onto Jimin’s mousy black hair. The stature of two older boys, almost completely enveloping the shorter in the three-way embrace.

 

 

Jimin’s spirits lifted at this, his worries easing with the comfort from the ones he held so dearly to his heart. “Jiminie loves his hyungs…” He murmured, momentarily slipping into a manner of speaking that he’d outgrown, before continuing, for he need more assurance. “We’ll be best friends forever and ever, right?”

 

 

 

Of Course, for forever!” Hoseok all but hollers, causing disproving glances from teaches and students alike.

 

 

 

“You coming?” One particular boy with the upmost expression of grumpiness addressed Hoseok. Discourteously interrupting the hug as he made his way into the classroom, his narrowed little gaze never averting from the three boys, as he dragged his sleeping roll with him.

 

 

 

“Bye Hoseokie, we’ll see you on the playground.” Seokjin said, bidding farewell to their friend as he grabbed ahold of Jimin’s hand, leading them to their homeroom as he made his own vow to the youngest of them. “Yes Jiminie, best friends for Always…”

 

 


.\~*❦ *~/.

 

It was an oath,

Easier said than done,

For Jung Hoseok would be the first to disavow.

 

.\~*❦ *~/.

 

Then,

Once again,

There would be two,

But not for long.

 

.\~*❦ *~/.


 

 

In the summer before 6th year, Park Jimin finally hit his overdue pre-maturation. Elatedly presenting into the classification of an omega; the dual gender he’d been hoping for. Of course Seokjin had been happy for his precious friend who was full of enthusiasm, even if, deep down Seokjin felt an inkling of envy, for he was both older and now the last of his batch that remained unpresented.

 

 

 

Such a feeling, was the first of many, as news spread. Their families and all other members of the pack, coming together in the designated pack-house to celebrate Jimin’s awakening. The head alpha, Jimin’s father, couldn’t have been happier at his son’s presentation and the new omega was basked with so much attention that Jimin somehow came to anticipate such a reaction.

 

 

 

The feelings within Seokjin only grew.

 

 

 

Summer ended and 6th year came along, bringing changes that would alter the relationship between them forever.

 

 

 

The return to school was an inevitable occurrence Seokjin hadn’t been looking forward to. Over the years, Seokjin’s standing amongst his batch had decreased to the point where he was at bottom of what he’d call the ‘social ladder.’ Along side him, Jimin, but it wouldn’t remain so, for Jimin’s return skyrocketed him to the top with newfound popularity. The transition into his second-gender had transformed Jimin from a stubby unassuming youth into a breathtaking omega whose beauty enchanted those who looked upon him.

 

 

 

Seokjin’s soon found his role and presence in Jimin’s life reducing into nothing but the designating ugly fat friend of the beautiful new omega. It was a title Seokjin told himself that he hadn’t minded. As long as Jimin remained by his side Seokjin could take it, he could take it all; the ridicule that was once theirs to bear, but now his to suffer alone.




 

After all, it was worth it, just as long as Jimin was happy.

 

 

 

If only he’d known that sacrificing his wellbeing for Jimin’s would lead to the falling out that had him questioning everything.


 

.\~*❦ *~/.

 

They never did reconcile,

Jimin leaving him behind,

Abandoning him as Hoseok once had.

.

.

.

And Seokjin, well, he no longer placed faith in fate.

 

.\~*❦ *~/.