T H R E E

P R E D E S T I N E D

 

 

 

Five years ago, awkward late bloomer Kim Seokjin was both overweight and unpresented. An unfortunate combination that lead to him being ostracized by his peers and tormented by the ones he once called friends. Five years later and all is antithetic, for Seokjin's at the top of the world; He's the bully now. Feeling nothing but resentment towards those who harmed him, he sets out on a twisted scheme to ruin the perfect little lives of his ex-tormenters. 

 

.\~* *~/.  

P R E D E S T I N E D 

THREE 

.\~* *~/.  

 

By the time 6th year comes to an end, Kim Seokjin can no longer remain in denial over his worst fear becoming reality.  

 

The alteration in dynamic between best friends had been festering year-round, and Seokjin could no longer pretend that everything was all right. If Seokjin’s being honest, he’d saw it coming ever since the start of the year when popularity had found Jimin. The recognition after years of being overlooked had consumed Jimin to the point where he’d do anything to stay at the top; even if it meant ditching the sole person who’d been by his side since the very beginning. 

 

Deep down, a part of Seokjin understood, but despite this, nothing could have prepared Seokjin for the ultimate betrayal of Park Jimin leaving him behind without a second glance. The blow feeling ten times worse than the one caused by Jung Hoseok when he'd severed ties with the both of them years prior.  

 

To make matters worse, Jimin had left him for Hoseok; essentially joining the very group that had made both their lives difficult before Jimin’s presentation. 

 

The knowledge angers Seokjin to no end, because he cannot comprehend how Jimin would even think of befriending those who had spent years pointing out his faults and feeding into his insecurities. Seokjin had been the one to witness firsthand how affected Jimin had become due to the endless teasing over his weight, height, and appearance.  

 

It’s this that fuels his anger, for the truth is that he’s not mad at Jimin, but for Jimin. 

 

In the end, his heart aches, but not for himself; 

 

For even now, He only thinks of Jimin’s happiness. 

 

.\~* *~/.  

 

“Are you alright Seokjin?” The head alpha questions one morning mid-summer, when he comes into the kitchen to see the boy staring down at the breakfast that had been prepared by the boy’s mother before she’d left for work.  

 

The change he’d notice in the boy was something he’d wanted to address. However, he’d been caught up with pack affairs and his duties as head alpha. It wasn’t until the previous night when the boy had excused himself early from dinner that his previous concern had arisen. 

 

The previous evening had been a special occasion, all the members gathering for a feast to commemorate important events and accomplishments; birthdays, promotions, graduations, anniversaries, etcetera.  

 

The children and the young normally enjoying themselves immensely during this time but he had noticed the boy's withdrawnness towards the end of the night, seeing as how the boy had not joined in the games that the youngest members of their pack participated in. 

 

“I’m fine Head Alpha. Seokjin answers quietly, lifting his head to give the alpha a weak smile. The change in expression hard to muster for it was becoming more difficult to pretend everything was okay. 

 

“How are you and Jimin? I’ve noticed you’re not as close as before.” The alpha continues taking a seat across from Seokjin as he blows on his steaming mug of coffee. 

 

Seokjin doesn’t want to talk, but he really has no choice. It would be disrespect to evade the questions of the head of their pack and his parent’s soulmate, besides the alpha would be able to know if he lied with this much distance between them. 

 

“We’ve just grown apart,” Seokjin starts, the tone of his voice heavy. “I don’t fit in with all the friends he’s made since presenting.” 

 

The head alpha listens attentively as the boy continues. 

 

“I’m still unpresented and the others in my year go out of the way to make sure I don’t forget,Seokjin says his voice wavering as he confesses. “Jimin’s ashamed to be associated with me," Tears making way down his cheeks, as he continues, choked up.  “I'll never present, and that scares me, because I don’t want to be alone.” 

 

“Oh Seokjin, Jimin’s an imbecile.” The alpha breathes out, reaching across the table to place a comforting hand over the smaller one. “I'm disappointed that my son has allowed his peers to influence the friendship between you. Jimin’s never been the brightest bulb out there, so I wouldn’t be surprised if he hasn’t fully taken into consideration how this will affect your relationship. I doubt he’s even realized that he could lose you. 

 

Seokjin chuckles slightly at the way the alpha had addressed his own son, already feeling better after finally sharing what he’s been going through. 

 

 “Seokjin, you’ll always be special. It doesn’t matter if you'll only ever be human, because lone souls exist for a reason; to complete those like them." The alpha continues, knowing that this is something the boy needs to hear. “The concept of lone souls finding one another despite the cards handed to them by fate is something to admire, don’t you think?” 

 

Seokjin nods, sniffling as his tears slowly cease. “I’ve never thought of it like that.” Seokjin admits, feeling like a weight has been lifted from his shoulders as he continues. Thanks for making me talk....it feels nice to get this off my chest.”  

 

Head Alpha Park smiles widely, ruffling Seokjin’s hair endearingly, messing it all up. I just want you to know that there’ll always be a place here for you; as a lone soul or presented with a bunch of soulmates. I love you as if you were my own, and don’t ever forget that.” 

 

“I won’t.” 

 

 

.\~* *~/.  

 

 

For Kim Seokjin, 7th Year is a living nightmare. 

 

The once bright youth no more as he sat in the back of the classroom in exclusion. The unpresented boy the pariah of their year; a worthless existence that suffers alone. Seokjin’s whole disposition downcast at the spitballs, belittling comments, and snickers thrown his way.  

 

Over the years, the treatment from his peers had gone from light teasing to vicious ridicule. It had gotten so bad that just the thought of a new day had him dreading, for school had long since seized to be a safe haven.  

 

The small comfort he had once found in his few friends having dissipated, for they’d all but abandoned him. Thus, Seokjin doesn't bother to defend himself, no longer reacting to his peers, choosing instead to ignore what he can’t control; for he has no one to protect anymore. 

 

The bell soon rang, signifying the half-hour recess for lunch. and Seokjin slowly stood from his desk to retrieve his Mario printed lunchbox from his light pink bookbag as he was intentionally jostled around by those exiting.  

 

With a heavy feeling in his stomach, he grips the handle tightly as he unhurriedly followed his rambunctious classmates out the door and towards the courtyard with deliberate steps, wanting to prolong what he knew was to come. 

 

The teachers for his year always sat at the table furthest away from their students. The so-called supervision pointless for they turned a blind eye to anything they didn’t want to be bothered with, thus presenting the perfect opportunity for Seokjin's peers to corner him. 

 

It wasn’t long before he felt himself being yanked out of sight and shoved backwards, colliding with the trunk of a tree as his worst bullies surround him; Kim Namjoon, Min Yoongi, Jung Hoseok, and now even Park Jimin. 

 

You know the drill, hand it over.” Min Yoongi commands with his usual dispassionate timbre, a stance of nonchalance as he indolently flicks his wrist. A gesture that has one of his chums moving to do the dirty work instead; as if the short little alpha couldn’t be bothered to exert himself.  

 

Seokjin grimaces as Jung Hoseok nears him, the beta forcibly wrenching the lunchbox from his grip. The roughness causing him to whimper in pain as his fingers bend uncomfortably in his attempt to keep ahold of it.  

 

The sound has Park Jimin flinching, but the small omega does nothing to help his ex-best friend. Seokjin doesn’t expect him to, for he already knows where his loyalties lie, especially after what occurred during their falling out. 

 

Hoseok tosses the lunchbox to Yoongi who catches it easily and proceeds to empty the contents onto the ground. “This is too much food for fat-es like yourself. I tell you this every day and yet here we are... 

 

The small ember of defiance still within Seokjin flares up with how he’s being confronted right now. “My Mother prepares my lunch every morning. If this is how much she wants me to eat than your words mean nothing.” Seokjin utters, beyond irritated after having stayed mum to the ridicule from his classmates all day. 

 

For this particular group, Seokjin defends himself, although never physically. He prefers to do it verbally, knowing just how much he can rile them with his words. With them, he never stays quiet, for they’re the ones who made him an outcast among their peers and he will never be afraid of them. 

 

Yoongi scoffs, looking Seokjin in the eyes as he stomps on the lunch, turning it to nonexistent munch, before kicking it toward Seokjin. I guess you’ll be eating dirt today.” 

 

“I guess so,” Seokjin says nonchallantlymoving his gaze from Yoongi to Hoseok. “How’s Ms. Jung? It’s been awhile since I’ve last seen her. I’m thinking I should pay her a visit, you know, to update her on how kindly you and your friends point out my weight. I’m sure she’d like that.” 

 

Hoseok scowls, “Leave my mother out of this.” 

 

“Why?” Seokjin questions, tilting his head in false confusion. “I bet she’d even appreciate knowing her son ridicules those who struggle with their weight...considering she does too.” 

 

“Shut up, Seokjin! Before I...” Hoseok yells, trailing off as clenches his shaking fists to his side.  

 

The tension between them never escalates to this point. Yet, Seokjin does nothing to appease it from suffocating them, as buried emotions build up inside him. The very notion that he stands here, intentionally pissing of the boy he once called his friend, is messing with him internally. Seokjin wishes he didn’t feel so upset that the younger actually wants to hit him. 

 

Nonetheless, Seokjin doesn’t care anymore, for he’s always the one holding himself back from voicing what he really thinks for the benefit of his childhood friends. But Jimin and Hoseok stand on the opposite side now, and Seokjin now longer has to worry about either of them getting hurt.   

 

In fact, Seokjin decides he wants to hurt. To have them physically inflict pain upon him, so he can finally sever the last bonds of attachment and love he feels for them. Seokjin wants to squash everything he’s ever felt for them. 

 

Something he’s never felt before is arising within him, as if he’s spinning in circles and suffocating all at once. Seokjin feels himself shaking as an uncontrollable rage comes from within him. There's a feeling like his heartbeat is pulsing in his ears and his brain is pounding against his skull, as he lets it all out. 

 

“Do it, hit me,Seokjin shrieks, almost hysterically. “It still won't change the fact that you’ll never be an alpha, you coward! I wish I'd never even met you, I hate you so— 

 

“Stop, before you say something you regret.” Kim Namjoon cuts in, interfering for the first time, as Hoseok stumbles back as if he’s been hit, his expression crumbling as Seokjin continues to yell.  

 

“Why, so you can feel better about yourselves at my expense? Well you!” Seokjin yells, shoving at Namjoon repeatedly, tears stream down his bloated face as he continues to scream shouting profanities at all of them while continuing to shake. “I never did anything to deserve the way you’ve all treated me— 

 

Distracted with Namjoon, he doesn’t see when Yoongi comes up behind him to contain him, holding him painfully tight as he struggles to get away.  “You need to calm down before you black out.” Yoongi grumbles into his ear, causing the older to fight harder, all the while struggling to breath. Manhandling Seokjin with a grunt, he slowly eases them onto the ground while the other panics. 

 

“Seokjin please calm down.” Jimin begs with wet eyes, crouching down to help calm Seokjin who's gasping for air like a fish out of water. 

 

“Don’t touch me,” Seokjin hisses, glaring at Jimin as he shrinks away. The sudden movement causing spots to obscure his vision as his world turns black, gasping out one last thing as he fades into obscurity. I hate you all.” 

 

.\~* *~/.  

 

The episode of hyperventilation,  

A horrible experience that finally pushed Seokjin to sever the ties he once held dear, 

Seokjin no longer thinks of Jimin’s happiness. 

It’s something he can’t do anymore, sacrificing himself for those who didn’t care. 

Seokjin decides to leave, 

There’s no one to say goodbye to anyway.