episode four: precision

the fundamentals of a heist
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

the warehouse resounded with a litany of punches and strikes to bags and targets—haoran obliterated a punching dummy with his bare-knuckle boxing training, while weiyang calculatedly struck a bag, wraps protecting his knuckles and hands from any impending damage. akari had his cold steel pocket knife sharpened to its immaculate glory, slitting the cardboard figurines with one efficient strike; the sound of jang qian's throwing knives reverberated throughout the room as her weapons of choice struck her target at locations she knew that would cause immediate death. 

"ing damn it, akanen," akari groaned to his older sister, whose latest blade nearly nicked her younger brother's ear—however, she remained impassive to his plight.

"constant vigilance, my dear brother, constant vigilance," his sister responded, craning her head to see the various chemicals laid out on lin xue's lab surface; some of them she recognized as heroin and morphine (which the medical student dubbed as "the medically approved version of heroin") and others that akanen didn't know of. 

"akanen, a brief question," weiyang said, "can you transfer the 2-jz to a different kit? maybe on one of the nismos we just won?"

"it should be doable with the amount of time we have remaining," akanen answered, ending their conversation as her knife pierced the head of her practicing dummy. removing the throwing apparatuses from the wall, the girl stored them neatly inside a case, bidding farewell as she hopped on her motorcycle, a honda cb300f that the computer science student had modified to her satisfaction, racing off to her meetup location with her fiancé.

the wedding dress shop was customarily white, heavily contrasting the dark outfit the computer science student donned to the occasion. "you're late," taojun and his mother chimed in unison, earning a scoff from the younger, her phone in prepara

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter