episode two: adrenaline rush

the fundamentals of a heist
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"certainly he couldn't be any bit more than a pompous prat?" xingguang asked his older sister as her eyes reviewed her assignment for advanced math 102, perturbed at the prospect of a man disrespecting his collegiate-aged sister based off of the recantation of her interactions at the dim-sum restaurant.

"you can simply call him a mothering , and i'll have no qualms about it, my dear brother," she remarked, proceeding to remove the paper from the typewriter, smiling slightly at hearing the chuckle from their father.

"akanen qian jang, that's no way you talk about your future husband," her father chastised, "if i remember correctly, i never spoke of miss chen rongshui in that low of regards when i married her."

"her fiancé is a narcissistic misogynist, baba," akari rebutted, "i believe that it's within her rights to complain about him as much as she pleases, especially considering she would have to live with this man." the daughter scoffed, pulling out her laptop as the two men, one aged and one youthful, sat on either side of the female, watching her code a series of an unidentified program, the muted green reflecting against her eyes as they concentrated on nothing else, the two males shocked at realizing her intentions.

"liu chunhua," she muttered, continuing to analyze her betrothed's demographic information, up until the final second, when their alarm sounded sonorously, the siblings promptly reacting with a jolt. snatching their coats and other belongings, among other things, they bid farewell to their father, who could only shake his head at the sight of his children growing up.

 

infernal contemporary proved rampant with young girls in bikini tops and shorts and shirtless men, reminding the siblings of a scene directly pulled from a fast and furious movie and hurled into their reality. unusually, it made akari, akanen, and their group of friends conspicuous amongst their surroundings, donning leather jackets and—the members of the crew who had the ability—braids in their hair. out of her line of vision, th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter