The Kiss

The Girl In The Yellow Dress

He sat in the bar as he drank his whiskey.  Beautiful girls surrounded him, all asking for her attention. Then, a light blinded him. He looked by the door, and saw it open. The noisy place became silent, and all he could hear is the pitter-patter from her heels. 

 

A girl in the yellow dress entered the club, and all of the sudden, the girls left him. "Wait..." he said as he turned to them. The girl let out a smile as he walked towards him. He stood up, and approached him. "I've been waiting for you." he heard her say. He gave her a confused look. "What do you mean?" he asked. 

 

All he got for an answer is a smile.

 

--

 

"Wayne? Wayne..." 

 

A soft, y voice whispered in his ear. He turned too his side, and slowly opened his eyes. "Good morning, sleepy head!" the girl said flirtatiously at him. All he could answer is a groan. "Hey, I'm leaving now. Call me when you have a chance, all right?" she said. Wayne just nodded his head, and went back to sleep. 

 

But a few minutes of tossing and turning, he can't go back to sleep. Giving up on rest, he sat up on his bed. "I had that dream again..." he said to himself. The past few days he had the same dream - that of the the girl in a yellow dress. Every time he wakes up, he can't remember how she looked like. He isn't even sure if he saw her face in his dream at all. 

 

His thoughts were interrupted by a call on the phone. He took his phone from the night stand, and answered it. "Hello?"

"Ah, the great Wayne Huang is up!"

 

Wayne let out a smile. "The greater Sam Lin. What's up?"  he asked. "We're still up for tonight, right? I'm just wrapping up this scene, then I'm out." Sam said. "Of course. Can't wait to see you guys again." Wayne said. "Or, you can't wait to see your hubby, huh?" Sam . Wayne let out a laugh. "I'm seeing he and Brent always hang out. I have to see my hubby, or my daughter will take him away from me." Wayne said. He heard the younger guy chuckle. "All right. I'll see you later, Wayne." Sam said before ending the call. 

 

Before becoming a superstar of his own, Wayne, Wes, Sam and Brent were part of the boy band called SpeXial. They were a band for more than five years, until their company decided to focus more on Mainland China, and just let their contracts expire. Even if they had technically disbanded, Wayne and his bandmates get together once a week. Wayne, having been gifted of a voice, pursued his love for singing. Wes pursued acting, as it has always been his love. Brent went to hosting, while Sam juggles between singing and acting. 

 

He decided to get out of his bed, and head to the bathroom to get ready. After his washed his face, he looked at his reflection on the mirror. His thoughts are still on his dream. "Who is that girl, and why do I keep dreaming of her?" he thought. 

 

--

 

Diana found herself in Emily's room. Her friend was helping her get ready for their night out. Emily was helping her with her make up, while Sylvia is doing her hair. 

 

"Imagine, he decided to just give the senior position to... to that guy! It's not as if I'm not working hard for it!" Diana complained to her friends. "Aiyo, Diana.... as if you don't know your dad. Sometimes, he can be too cruel to you." Emily said. Sylvia nodded her head. "Too cruel. Very cruel." Sylvia said. 

 

"And you know what hurts? He forgot it's my birthday today, and asked me to do a lot of paperworks." Diana said with a pout. Sylvia patted her shoulder, and smiled at her. "Don't worry. Tonight, we'll party like it's the end of the world. You can forget all the stress you have at work and with your dad." Sylvia told her. 

 

"And, I think you should take a look at yourself, Dee." Emily said as she pointed on the mirror. Diana looked at her reflection, and saw the miracle Emily did to her. She isn't the strict lawyer in her look right now, but rather, she looks pretty and ready to party. "Wow, I'm so pretty! Thanks Emily." Diana said. 

 

"Do you have anything to wear, or do you want to borrow some clothes from Emily?" Sylvia asked. Diana smiled at her, and showed her the paper bag she brought. "Mom gave me a cute yellow dress. I want to wear it tonight." she said. "Then, go and change while Emily and I get ready, all right?" Sylvia said. Diana nodded her head. 

 

--

 

"Sometimes, I'm worried about Wayne." Wes said as he swirled the drink  in his hand. Brent gave him a confused look. "Hubby being worried about wifey is nothing new." Brent told him. Wes let out a laugh. "I'm just worried about the lifestyle he have right now. Imagine, he's always getting caught going out with different women.." Wes said. 

 

Brent let out a sigh. "Wayne know what he's doing. And besides, it just happened since..." Wes and Brent looked at each other. He did not finish what he was going to say, but Wes knew what it was. "It's been three years..." Wes said. "He isn't as lucky as you are anyway. Imagine, after years of being friends with the Ultimate Series Goddess, she's now your girlfriend? We didn't see that coming!" Brent said. 

 

Wes let out a laugh. He is currently in a relationship with his long time friend in showbiz, Pets Tseng. The two of them had worked in several series, and had been too close. It was only lately when both of them realized what they feel for each other. His bandmates knew about his relationship, but it was hush-hush as the two wanted to keep it private. "Keep quiet, Brent. Someone might hear you. We're trying to keep it low-key, after what happened to her ex-boyfriend." Wes told him. Brent nodded his head. 

 

After a while, Sam and Wayne came inside the club. "Hello, hello, hey!" Sam said as they approached the two. The four gave each other a high five, and a hug. "Long time no see... since last week!" Brent said with a laugh. Sam just winked at him as he sat beside Brent. Wayne, on the other hand, saw beside Wes. 

 

"So, how are you, Wei Jin?" Wes asked. Wayne smiled at the taller guy. "Good. Quite busy, but I'm good." Wayne answered. "He's good because he went out on a date with Jenna Wang!" Sam exposed him. Both Wes and Brent were surprised at Sam''s revelation. "Oh..." both of them said. Wayne let out a chuckle. "It's just a friendly date..." Wayne said. "That  ended in bed, right?" Sam said. Wayne just smiled, not answering his inquiry. 

 

Wes let out a sigh as he looked worried at him. "Wayne, I'm going to tell you this not because I'm the former leader of the group. I'm going to tell you this because you're my friend, and I care for you." he said. Wayne looked up at him, and waited for him to speak. "I'm actually worried about you and the news that you're getting caught with different girls from time to time. I have no right to interfere with your life, because it's your life, and I know you know what you're doing. I know you don't care about your reputation, but I'm scared you'll end up hurting yourself. Just be careful out there, all  right?" Wes said. 

 

Wayne smiled and patted his shoulder. "Thanks for the concern, leader. Don't worry about me. I can take care of myself." he said. Wes smiled at him. As he turned, the bartender handed him his drink. He took a sip, as he thought of what Wes just said to him. 

 

--

 

"Cheers!"

 

Diana, Sylvia and Emily shouted as they raised their glasses. The three of them  gulped down their drink while they danced too the music. "Hey, Dee. Since it's your 25th birthday, you need to do something crazy." Sylvia suggested. Emily nodded her head in agreement. 

 

"I don't know what crazy thing to do..." Diana told them. "Don't you have a bucket list of things you want to do before you turn 25?" Sylvia reminded her. Diana looked at them for a while, and then took out her phone. She opened her diary app, and looked at her bucket list. "Go on a night out. Well, here we  are. Drink the night away?" Diana asked them. "Too safe." Emily told her. She read the next item on her list, and gaped upon seeing that. 

 

"What is it?" Sylvia asked upon seeing her reaction. She snatched her phone, and read it with Emily. "Hey!" Diana protested. Sylvia and Emily smiled playfully at her. "You have to do it, Dee!" Emily said. She felt her cheeks became warm as it turned red. "K-k-kiss a stranger?" she asked. Sylvia and Emily nodded their heads. "B-but..."

 

"Dee, this club is full of strangers. After this night, the guy will probably forget about you." Sylvia urged her. Diana looked at her friends with hesitation. "But what is they recognize me?" she asked. "No one will recognize you. Just make it quick." Emily said. Sylvia nodded her head in agreement. "Just tap a guy's shoulder. When he turns to face you, grab his collar, and kiss him on the lips." Sylvia told her. 

 

Emily could still see the hesitation on Diana's face. She handed her another glass of alcohol. "Here, drink this so you can be more confident." Emily said. Diana took the glass, and downed it's content. After that, she took a deep breath. "All right, I'll do it. Wish me luck." she said. 

 

She composed herself, and approached the first guy she saw at the bar. The moment his three friends left him, she approached him. She cleared , and tapped his shoulder. "Excuse me..." Diana said. 

 

Wayne looked back, and saw the girl in a yellow dress smiling at her. Before he knew it, she grabbed him by his collar, and gave him a long kiss on the lips.