The Day After

The Girl In The Yellow Dress

Pets was having her coffee that morning, and reached for the morning paper. She opened the entertainment section first, when something caught her eye. She spit out her drink as she looked at the picture before her. "Hong Zheng!" she shouted at her boyfriend. As if on cue, Wes came out to her. "Pei Ci, what is it?" he asked. 

 

He saw  her girlfriend coughing as she tried to point something on the paper. Wes came to her aid, and rubbed her back so that she could breath properly. "Your... friend." Pets managed to say as she coughed. Wes looked at the paper, and saw Wayne's picture in his car as he kissed a girl. Shock was written in his face the moment he saw that. "Huang Wei Jin!" he shouted. 

 

--

 

Wayne paced back and forth as he thought of a way for him and "Dee" to get out of the hotel room. "This is bad... this is bad..." he muttered. Sam had called him earlier, saying his kissing pictures are in the tabloids and newspapers again. His manager had been calling him, and he knew he's in trouble for what happened the night before. 

 

"I'm sorry..." he heard Dee say. Wayne stopped walking, and looked at her. "It's OK. I can get away with this. I just need to figure out how we can get out of this hotel." Wayne told her. Diana let out a sigh. By now, her friends must be worried about her. Maybe they have already filed a missing person's report because she's been gone for too long. 

 

Then, she realized the cases she needs to study and the paper works she have to do. She'll be dead if she had not submitted everything to her father. "Wayne, I realized I need to go now." she told him. Wayne nodded his head. "I know but..." he pointed at the door. "The reporters are still there." he said. 

 

Diana let out a frustrated sigh. She knows everyone is worried about her by now. "Can we go out, and disguise ourselves?" Diana asked. Wayne looked at her. As if a light bulb lighted on his head, he thought of an idea. "I think I know a way we can get out of this place." Wayne said. 

 

--

 

Cosmos and the reporters waited outside the hotel room. They are waiting for Wayne to come out, so they could get their scoop about it. Her pictures of him and the girl last night became an overnight sensation, and everyone's talking about it. She wanted to follow it up by exposing who the girl is with Wayne.

 

"Eh, Cosmos. Are you sure they will come out? We've been waiting a long time here." one of the reporters asked her. Cosmos nodded her head. "Of course they will. Just stand by, all right?" he said. Then, the door opened. Wayne came out of the hotel room finally, but there was no girl in sight. Instead, a younger guy with a hat followed him. "Excuse me, please make way for my boss!" the younger guy told the reporters. 

 

The reporters made way to them. Some were trying to take pictures. They were dumbfounded because Wayne wasn't with the girl from last night. "Cosmos, that's not a girl. That's his assistant, right?" the reporter asked her. An angry tick formed on her head upon realizing that. "What?! Based on my calculations, she should have been with him the whole night!" Cosmos said. "Well, we just wasted our time." another reporter said. One by one, the reporters left Cosmos. "Wait! I know the girl is still there somewhere!" Cosmos said. Still, it didn't make the reporters stay, and they left her all alone. 

 

--

 

"I can't believe we fooled them!"

 

Diana said as she took off her baseball cap. They just got out of the hotel, and Wayne dropped her off at the park near Emily's place. To be able to get out of the hotel unnoticed, Diana had to wear his clothes and disguise herself as a guy. It worked well, as the reporters did not follow them. "Well, one problem down. Don't worry, Dee, leave the rest up to me." Wayne said. Diana nodded her head. 

 

"So, will I see you again?" Wayne asked her. Diana looked at him for a long time. Then, she let out a smile. "Maybe. If we're fated to meet again." she said. "Why do I have a feeling you don't want to see me again?" Wayne asked her. Diana let out a smile. "If we're meant to be, we'll meet each other again, right?" Diana told him. 

 

"Are you leaving everything up to fate?" he asked. Diana just smiled at him. "I had the most memorable night with you, Wayne. But let's leave it like that - just memories." she said. She got out of his car, and as she closed the door, she peeked on the window and smiled at him. "I wish you well, Wayne." she said. "I hope we're fated to meet again, Dee." Wayne said. 

 

He watched "Dee" walk away from his from on his mirror. He let out a sigh. Suddenly, he felt sad knowing there's no way for him to see again. "Whoever is the God Of Fate, I'm counting on you. Let me meet Dee again." he said. Then, he remembered he forgot something at the hotel. Knowing he can't go back for now because of the reporters, he called the most reliable person who can do the job. 

 

--

 

Echo her lips as she lifted the big sandwich she made. "Sandwich, you're all mine." she said. Just as she was about to take a bite, her phone rang. She looked at her phone on the table, and saw her big brother's number flashing on the screen. 

 

She let out a sigh, and put the sandwich back down the plate and answered his call. "What do you want?" she answered. "Oh, hello, Echo. I see you're in the bad mood." her brother said. Echo rolled her eyes as she listened to him. "What do you want? Tell me!" she shouted at him. "Huang Rui Ze, is that how you speak to your big brother?" he said. 

 

"You are going to make me do something again, right, Huang Wei Jin?" Echo said angrily. She heard her brother laugh at the other line. "You can't make me do something. It comes at a price!" she told him. "If you check your bank account, you may find that I have put the money on your account." he said. 

 

She looked at her phone, and opened the banking app. True enough, her brother had put a huge sum of money on her account. This made her smile. "Speak up." she said as she put the phone on her ear. "What mission do I have right now?" she asked. "Go to my hotel room and clean it up. Then, check out for me. Bring Yan Yan with you." her brother said. "All right. I'm on it." she said. 

 

She ended the call, and looked at her sandwich again. "Sandwich, we'll meet again later." she said as she got out of the kitchen. "Yan Yan! Wei Jin ge  wants us to do some errands!" she shouted as she went outside the kitchen. 

 

--

 

Sylvia and Emily paced back and forth. They lost Diana last night, and she had not went back to her house the night before. "Why did we ever let her get out of our sight?!" Emily said regrettably. "I should have gone with her at the bathroom. What if she got kidnapped, and then shipped off to another country to be a slave! Emily! How will we explain everything to Uncle?" Sylvia asked in a scared tone. 

 

"Should we file a missing person's report now?" Emily asked. Sylvia nodded her head. "I think we should report about it!" Sylvia agreed. As they were about to get out of Emily's house, the door opened. They saw Diana in a guy's clothing. "Hey, girls!" she greeted. "Dee!" her two friends exclaimed. 

 

Emily and Sylvia jumped to her to hug her. And then, they cried. "You have no idea how worried we are!" Emily said. "Why didn't you come back? We thought something bad happened to you!" Sylvia said. Emily broke her hug, and looked at her. "What happened to you? And why are you wearing a guy's clothes? Don't tell me someone tried to kidnap you to ship you off to another country to be a slave?" Emily asked. 

 

Diana just laughed it off. The three of them went to the living room, and sat on the couch. "It was a crazy night..." Diana began. "Yes. Because we've gone crazy looking for you!" Sylvia told her. Diana let out a laugh. "I'm sorry. Remember the guy I kissed last night? I bumped into him again. And I was too drunk to think straight, I end up going with him to a hotel." Diana said. 

 

Both Emily and Sylvia were shocked at what she said. "You mean to say you... you...." Sylvia stuttered. "You had a one night stand with  that guy?!" Emily asked. Diana shook his head. "He was such a gentleman. He didn't do anything to me, and just let me sleep." Diana said. "But, what took you so long to leave the hotel?" Emily asked. 

 

Diana let out a sigh. "There were a lot of reporters outside his hotel room. I had to wear a guy's clothes so that I can disguise myself and get out of the  hotel." Diana said. Emily and Sylvia exchanged curious glances. "Reporters?" Emily asked. Diana nodded her head. "Did you snag a superstar?" Sylvia asked. Diana shrugged her shoulders. "All I know is his name is Wayne Huang." Diana said. 

 

Sylvia gasped at what she said. "Wait... Wayne Huang? The cute guy from the boy band, SpeXial?! He is a superstar!" Sylvia said. Diana gave her a confused look. "Really?" she asked. "Aiyo, you are living under the rock! He is the most talented singer from SpeXial! After they disbanded, he continued with his singing career. He is so popular, did you know that?" Sylvia said. "But I think Wes is cuter than Wayne." Emily said. 

 

"Aiyo, who's cuter between them  is not important. What's important is..." Sylvia said as she smiled playfully at Diana. "Was he a good kisser?" she asked. Diana could feel her cheeks turn red at her question. "I don't kiss and tell!" Diana said. But she let out a shy smile, and the two girls just shrieked. 

 

--

 

"What. A. Mess."

 

Echo said the moment she and her twin sister, Yan Yan, got inside the room. "Why did Ge even leave this room a mess. He isn't like that at home..." Yan Yan asked. "Huang An Yu, you know  our brother. He would rather mess other's room than his own. Come on, let's clean this up, and bring home his personal things." Echo said. 

 

Armed with a bag, Echo and Yan Yan began to clean up the place. From the cabinet, Yan Yan noticed a yellow dress lying around. "Echo..." she called. Echo paused what she's doing, and looked at the dress Yan Yan is holding. "Does this belong to ge ge?" she asked. 

 

Echo burst out laughing. "Do you really think Ge wears that! Just take it. It must belong to one of his girlfriends." Echo said. "But, what if he does cross dress?" Yan Yan asked. Echo just sweat dropped at her. "Let's ask him later if he comes home, all right?" Echo said. Yan Yan nodded her head, and put the yellow dress inside her bag.