Realization

Scarlet Heart IZONE

    a/n: italicized are Minjoo's thought

Minjoo woke up to the sound of coughing, she sat up on the bed to find the source of the noise when all of sudden she felt a severe pain on her head making her groan. Due to this, Lady Eunbi who was coughing while having tea with Yuri near Minjoo's bed was alerted that the young girl has finally gained conciousness and made their way near the bed.

      "You're finally awake", Yuri grinningly said. Minjoo stared at the two strangers in front of her taking note of their clothes which were traditional hanbok; korean clothes. But her head bagan to hurt again causing her to hold on to it.

      "Minjoo-ya, are you still in a lot of pain?", Eunbi asked worriedly. To which the other questioned back, "Did I get very hurt?", Yuri then replied, "Lady Ahn don't even bring it up. You fell so hard. Do you know how worried Lady Kwon was."

     "Ahn Minjoo-ya--" Eunbi began but was cut off by Minjoo. "By the way... why do you keep on calling me Ahn Yujin? My name is Kim Minjoo.", Yuri was shocked alongside Eunbi who asked, "What?"

        "Why are you calling me Ahn Minjoo or Lady? I don't understand why I'm being called these things.", Minjoo continued when she recalled how she fell and drowned in the parks river after saving the little girl. "Ah. That's right. I died.", she continued while chuckling at herself. "You didn't die. You nearly did.", Yuri returned while smiling.

"I'm not dead?!" Minjoo repeated. She suddenly realized that she was indeed alive but then she scanned the room she was in and noticed it to be like the structures that existed in the historical period. Mijoo bolted up from the bed and quickly went out of the room. Once outside she was astounded to see that she was indeed at a place that exactly looks like inside the palace walls like those in historical dramas where the characters live in. The servants who saw her respectfully bowed to her as they passed by. Minjoo was so confused and scared at the same time.

           "It wasn't a dream... If I'm not dead... then WHERE AM I?" Minjoo thought.  "Minjoo-ya!", Eunbi followed her outside along Yuri who assisted her older mistress. When they got near, Eunbi noticed her cousin hyperventilating due to confusion, she ordered, "Yuri, get the doctor now." to which the servant immediately obeyed.

    Minjoo then quicked grasped Eunbi's hands, "Where is this place? No,no... who am I?", she continouosly asked panic evident in her voice making Yuri stop in her track and look back at her childhood friend. "Are you unable to remember it all?" Eunbi asked back becoming worried then answered, "Your name is Ahn Minjoo. I'm your sixth cousin, Kwon Eunbi."

          "I'm AHN... Minjoo...? What?! Is it really possible that I'm inside another person's body, am I?", Minjoo covered from shock of the present situation.

      Eunbi the grabbed and held both of Minjoo's hands and looked concernly at the latter before softly saying, "Think about it carefully. Take a close look at me. You are in Songak right now. This is the home of the 3rd princess Kim Chaewon. "Songak, you say?" Minjoo repeated before realizing, "Then, this is Goryeo??? Balhae, Goryeo... that Goryeo?!"

      "Do you remember now? Yes it is that Goryeo." Eunbi agreed.

      Minjoo suddenly pulled her hand away from Eunbi for somehow she is begginning to get the gist of what has happened to her thanks to her history classes . And just to make sure of it, "Then,right now... who is the current king?"

       "It is His Majesty who founded this land, of course." the older stated as if it was the obvious. 

"His Majesty who founded Goryeo...." Minjoo trying to recall her history lesson. "It can't be...", " KANG TAEJO?!", she blurted out while realization finally dawned on her that she indeed got sent back in the past.

A/N: So here another update this time it's a bit Minjoo-centric and probably the similar scene in the drama, but it'll take a while before I make my own twist to the plot. so stay tuned fellow WIZ*ONE... and readers.... good night I need to sleep now cause I have to get up early tomorrow for a day field trip at work... bye for now.....