The Arrival

Scarlet Heart IZONE

     The 4th princess made her way to the Lee quarters in the palace and told a servant to ask Queen Lee for permission to meet her. Yujin has been longing for her mother's care and affection ever since she was a child. Due to her birth prophecy her own mother has hated her, back when she was still a toddler Queen wouldn't even spare a glance at her or often yet glare and scold her for being born with such fate. Still she longs for her mother's love and recognition of her as a daughter, that is why here she is now, tightly gripping a beautiful hair accesory she bought for her mother, waiting to meet her.

   She looked up when the servant came back, "I apologize 4th princess but the Queen does not want to see anyone at the moment" the servant told her while looking at the ground, afraid to look at the princess.     

       "I see," Yujin replied with a serious tone while looking past the servant and at the door where her mother was. With that she walked away from the quarters. She stopped on her track when Minami stood in front of her smiling while her arms wide open for a hug. "Yujin-ah! Welcome back our 4th princess! My, my look at you all grown, aigoo!"

       The princess just ignored the astronomer walking past her when the latter said, "Your sisters are waiting for you Yujin." making Yujin stop and look back at Minami.

     Yujin was still thankful that even though their mother despised her, she had sisters who were there for her, Chaeyon-unnie loves her as much as a mother would and always cheer her up when she was down together with her Hyewon-unnie whenever she was upset. And Chaewon, even though they were not close, the 3rd princess would often be her playmate when their elder sisters were busy. Yujin knew that she has younger sisters, just before the exile, Lady Choi visits the palace with a toddler Yena. And Hitomi and Wonyoung were still babies when she left.

     "Where are they?" she asked, causing Minami to snicker and turn around to face Yujin. "They are currently in the royal bath house, but they would be waiting for your arrival in Princess Chaewon's quarters in the afternoon for the meeting of the Spirit Ritual as the king ordered."

 

AT DAMIWON/ROYAL BATH HOUSE (the same time as Yujin arrived in the palace walls)

 

      Yena and Wounyoung cheerfully chased and teased each other around the bath house, with the maknae teasing her unnie for resembling a duck. While Hyewon and Hitomi had just finished bathing and began munching on the sweet breads served to them. Chaewon was happily looking over her younger sisters playing around.

       When Chaeyon chastised, "Wonyoungie, stop teasing your fifth unnie! And Yena kindly let go of your hold of our giant baby." Yena immediately followed and released Wonyoung who she currently held in a headlock. Wonyoung coughed a bit before suddenly remembering, "Isn't 4th-unnie supposed to return today?"

      "I suppose she is, I heard rumors from the palace servants the she is known as a wolf-dog princess because she has killed a lot wolves in the mountains. and is really cold towards people", Hitomi answered. "It must be hard for her experiencing such terrible things." Yena continued.

    Upon hearing that, Chaeyon felt guilty and hurt, "It's all my fault that she became like that. I wasn't strong enough back then to prevent them from taking away Yujin from us."

    "It's not your fault Chaeyon, don't blame yourself. I myself couldn't do anything back then. We were both too young to convince father. I am at fault as much as you think you are.", Hyewon consoled.

     Seieing the heavy atmosphere around them, Chaewon stood up and cheered her sisters, "Now, now everyone. As the one who is the same age of our 4th sister, I'll try to get along well with her again and why don't we make it up to her by making her feel welcome and loved during her stay here in the palace."

      Everyone nodded and brightened up after that. With Chaeyon swearing to herself that now she would do anything to make it up to Yujin after all the years they were separated.

       "Wonyoung, let's race to the bath!", Yena suddenly ran leaving the 7th princess behind. "Hey! Yenna-unnie, you cheater!" the youngest cried out.

  Yena jumped towards the water, "C'mon Wonyoungie! Hurry up!", just when she near the middle of the water Yena noticed it bubbling, "What the-? Ahhh!"

         Suddenly Minjoo managed to resuface above the water with a huge gasp. "What, where am I? I must be alive?", she then saw Yena who was in front of her, half- and the other princesses who wore bathrobes and she screamed loudly while quickly covering her face. Causing the other princesses to look at where Yena is. Wonyoung quickly ran to the edge,"What's wrong Yena-unie?! I'll help you!" drawing her short plastic toy sword and pointing it towards the commotion.

   Meanwhile Jo Yuri who was hiding between the huge stones displayed in the the bath house, was overjoyed that her mistress was alive at same time terrified because the princesses might expose her mistress for trespassing in royal grounds. Just this morning she got worried about Lady Minjoo because she saw her sneak in damiwon through the songkak area and saw her lady drown herself in the water a while ago, just as about she was to rescue Minjoo, the princesses came in to bathe so she had no choice but to hide between the stones.

    "Hey! Who are you?! You're not allowed here!", Yena yelled, she almost had a heart attack when Minjoo appeared. "I'll get you for scaring me, YOU!" Yena shouted as she began swimming towards Minjoo.

   Yuri quickly got in the water and pulled her lady out with her, "Agassi! Quickly this way!", they got out before Yena could reach them. "YAH! Come back here!!! You dare spy on the princesses!!!"

       During the commotion Chaewon managed to caught a glimpse of the trespasser's face before being pulled out of the water, "Is that Minjoo?" she whispered to herself.

 

SONGKAK, JUST OUTSIDE DAMIWON

     "AGASSI! Oh my am I so glad you're alive! But just what were you thinking back there Lady Minjoo! We are so in big trouble if the princesses found out about this." Yuri reprimanded continouosly. While Minjoo was looking around while thinking, "Lady? Princesses? This is strange. How did I end up here?"

     "Are you even listening to me my lady? Are you okay?" Yuri asked still pulling Minjoo with her. "Wait, but who are you, do you know me? Where is this? This doesn't look like the park. What am I doing here?" Minjoo asked back.

     Yuri's eyes widened, she started to panic," Don't you remember? I'm Jo Yuri your family servant. What do you mean you don't know where this?  We are currently in Songkak the largest washing area here in Goryeo."

   Then Minjoo began to notice the many people washing and bathing in Songkak just like what she saw in old painitings in the museum. "What is this? I really am dead. So, this place is..." she thought while chuckling in her mind, "the afterlife?" was Minjoo's final thought as she fainted causing Yuri to panic once again.

 

A/N: So here it is as promised... see you next time guys.... thanks.... 

PS. Yena's case when she was young was she lived outside the palace back when her mother was alive in this story. When she lost her mother the king ordered for her to live in the palace.