The sorting hat

Jung Wheein: Hogwarts adventures
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2 

As we got into the boats to reach the castle I could finally see it in its full glory. It was massive. Immediately a feeling of panic overtook me and I felt my breathing get a bit more laboured. Hyejin looked over at me and noticed my chest going up and down faster and faster. 

“Hey, Jung Wheein are you okay?”

“Of course”, I smiled painfully, “just a bit anxious that’s all.” 

She gave a reassuring squeeze and looked me in the eyes. “Don’t worry, you’ll be fine. You will get into the right house for you. The hat is never wrong. 

At this I looked up at her confused. “A hat?”, I asked unsurely. Hyejin laughed, it was one of the cutest laughs I’d ever heard. A mixture of light and sultry. 

“Yes, a talking hat. I know it sounds crazy but you’ll have to believe me on this one. It will all be alright”. That’s just great a talking hat will decide my future, noting crazy about that. I nodded and looked up again at the castle. Hogwarts. This is where I will be spending the next few years of my life. Leaving all normalcy behind. The closer we got the more excited I somehow started to feel. I wondered what lay behind the walls of Hogwarts, what stories I would discover. Soon the boat docked and we all got out. Byul had gone off already since she had already been sorted 2 years ago. Imagine my surprise when I found out she was a Slytherin. She didn’t strike me as the typical Slytherin. She was actually nice and helpful and made me feel comfortable. Hyejin and I walked into the hallway to listen to instructions about the sorting ceremony. In front of us stood an older professor. She had a stern look on her face and looked like someone I did not want to mess with. 

“Good evening first years, I’m professor Mcgonagall and I’m in charge of you for this school year. We are about to enter the main hall where you will be sorted into your houses one by one. Is that understood?” Everyone nodded. 

I started feeling nervous again, I guess Hyejin must have picked up on my nervousness because she grabbed my hand and told me not worry again. She gave me an encouraging smile and we walked into the main hall. The hall was dived into 4 sections you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter