(Part 2)

My Lady

"Alright. Class dismissed."

      The classroom begins to be noisy again with students chit-chatting and the sound of dragged chairs.

      I immediately shove everything into my bag and rush to get to Suzu, but the girl has been waiting for me beforehand, squired by the hazel haired boy, Sota. Spotting me, Suzu rises both of her hands, swinging them side to side as if she's at a concert. But then, her face turns joyless. There must be something coming up. I march towards her and playfully twinkle my eyes. 

      "Let it out."

      "Actually, Kiko... I want to say that I can't accompany you to look for a job today. Something happened.."

      "Yeah. We need to settle a project."

      Sota interrupts. He wears a cheeky smile from ear to ear. 

      "If that's the reason, what do I have to say? It's okay!"

      I return Sota's cheeky smile without him knowing. My words bring them to grin in a relief. The petite female immediately squeezes my thin body with her strength.

      "I wish you a good good luck, buddy! Make sure to stay alert! From s..."

      I pinch her baby fluffy cheeks making her flinch and immediately steps backward a few steps from me. 

      "That hurts!"

      She whines. It is adorable when she does that. I snicker and glance at the tall male who has been keeping an eye on both of us, with that smile that seems to never fade away. 

°°°°

      It has been an hour and I'm still searching for a vacancy at couple of restaurants and shops. Most of them don't accept part timers and it decreases my patience. I thought looking for a part time job at the city would be a piece of chicken.

      I wander from place to place. The city is really packed with pedestrians and vehicles at times like this and it's making me dizzy. 

      In the hurly-burly of the city, I notice a small board written, "Looking for waitress only." It gives me another new hope. 

      "I hope they hire part timers."

      I pray in my heart. I rush to find the entrance door, but I don't see any. I wonder where the cafè is located. I then follow the way of an alley that I discover. Somehow walking along this narrow path gives me goosebumps.

      Out of the blue, I knock someone from behind me. I groan, quickly turn around and bend my back, apologising. The moment I look up, I see a brutal man with a spiky hair standing in front of me. Looking like a thug.

      "Woah! What a strange hairstyle!"

      "Say what???"

      The confused man furrows his eyebrows madly. Now, he really looks furious. I cup my own mouth. 

       "Stupid mouth!"

      I don't know what to do to escape from this man. Too scared, I turn my back and dash away without hesitation.

      "I'm sorry!"

      "Hey, brat! Stop right there!"

      I hear the man shouting for me to stop running. I know he's chasing after me. I'm getting more frightened, escaping to anywhere that will make me free from the shark haired man. My adrenaline makes me run faster, yet I'm still slow. I can't feel my legs anymore. Suddenly I stumble down from kicking a wooden board. Great timing! I groan in pain.

      "You rude girl!!"
     
      The man nears me and tugs on my sweater in a violent way causes it to almost tear. I begin shuddering, my fear is indescribable. There is no way someone will pass by this area. Damn! I'm dead! Deep in my heart, I regret searching for the cafè.

      "I'm really sorry! I didn't mean it! I beg you don't do anything to me!"

      "You're sorry? Such a brat. Your mouth still needs to get paid!"

      The mad man raises up his clenched fist in the air. I don't know if I'm really prepared for my face to get swollen or not. All I know is I begin to tear up slightly in fear.

      "You have balls to beat a girl, huh?!"

      A kick flies right on the man's face causes him to fall hard on his back. Without even a single glance, he runs away, abandoning us.

      "Are you alright?"

      I feel a hand reaches for my arm gently and support me to carefully stand up. Somehow his voice sounds familiar. I take a look at him. A boy with a black hair, wearing a black suit just like a butler. A handsome butler, indeed! 

      I almost fantasized by his look but then there is one thing that makes me completely surprised. It's the boy who I bumped into this morning! Suddenly all the pain from earlier incident heals. I gently dodge him and throw my gaze at the ground.

      "Oh! Your knee bleeds!"

      I look at my knee. He's right. It feels like there's a knife stabbing my heart. My favourite jean! It tears! The boy grabs my hand and holds it in his big ones. He surprised me again.

      "Follow me."

      "B-but I will be fine! It's okay!"

      "Just shut up, shortie!"

      "What? I'm not shortie! You're just too tall!"

      I scold in my heart. He insists to treat my wound. What a rude, kind boy. The male leads me into a small building. Once he pulls the knob and pushes the door open, I widen my eyes. 

      It looks like an anime cafè! With waitresses wearing a cute short dress. They have the prettiest smile. That explains why the customers are mostly men. I see delightful look from their faces. Love being treated by young girls much, huh? 

      "Kento!"

      The boy who has been keeping me to stick beside him looks at the waitress who called him. So, he's the Kento that Sota mentioned earlier.

     "Kento! You're late today! The girls have been asking for you! Do remember that you're the only waiter here! Li.mi.ted e.di.tion!"

      Kento gives her an annoyed glare. Then he glances at me from the corner of his eyes. The girl tilts her head and blinks. She notices my wound and nods, understanding.

      "Meiko, please bring her to the restroom. I need to do something."

      "Alright! Good evening, my name is Meiko! I'm one of part timers here!"

      The girl immediately introduces herself once Kento leaves. She wears an adorable smile. This girl looks friendly and outgoing just like Suzu. She also keeps her bangs like the petite girl. I curve a thin line on my lips to return her smile.

      "The name is Mizuhara Kiko. Just call me Kiko."

      "Oh, Kiko! Did you just got into an accident? Your knee is bleeding."

      "Uhm.. just a small accident."

      "Really? Whatever. Let's go to the restroom!"

      Meiko reaches out for my hand and guards me to a small room. Despite the narrowness, it looks luxurious. I am told to be seated on the bed. Finally. My feels comfortable. Thinking of it again, it's really rarely for a cafè to provide a nice room like this.

      "It's strange, isn't it? A cafè has a room like this. It feels like at home. Kento's family is really nice to their workers. That's why I don't feel like quitting."

      So, it's Kento's family who owns this cafè? Cool. Meiko marches towards me, carrying a first aid kit. She really shocked me. Is she a mind reader? That's creepy. She kneels down in front of me. I forgot that I'm actually finding a part time job. Maybe I should ask this girl.

      "Meiko! Please take care of table number 5!"

      Shoot! Okay let's say I'm losing my chance.

      "Okay! I'm sorry, Kiko. I will ask Amai to treat you, okay?"

      Amai(sweet)? That's a cringey name for me.

      "Ah, it's okay! I'm sorry for troubling you and thank you!"

      "Yep, no problem!"

      She winks her right eye and grins before she dashes away, neglecting me alone who still puzzles here. Where is Kento though? How could he leave me alone like this!

      The sound of footsteps, more like high heels unheard when a lady stops in front of me.

      "Woah.."

      I'm impressed, yeah. I look at her in an awe. She must be Amai. She has a long straight hair. Looking shiny and smooth. What shampoo does she use? Those big sharp eyes. A slim body with nice curves and pretty long legs! She's the definition of gorgeous!

      "Uh.. hello."

      I give her a smile. The only problem with her is she has a stern face. She doesn't reply to my smile nor to my greeting. The tall lady kneels down now and opens the box. She begins cleaning my wound silently.

      It's getting awkward now. I remember my question that I paused earlier. Perhaps bringing it up will make it less awkward.

      "My name's Kiko. I'm actually looking for a part time job. I'm sorry for troubling you, but.. is there any vacancy here?"

        Silence. No reply. Cricket sound. Argh. Why do I feel so embarrassed? I'm not certain of what to do. I lower my head and bows slightly to show a respect. Thinking she must be older than me.

      "Sumimasen, Amai...san?"

        There's a reply from her now! A nod. A light nod. That's better. That's a relief for me. I wonder why she doesn't say a word. Is locked? I try tilting my head to the side to look at her face. She suddenly stands up and drags me to get up as well.

      "E-eh?"

      I almost stumble. I look up at her, she is not looking at me. She heads towards a wardrobe and opens it, showing a few short dresses with different size. I blink my eyes, totally puzzled. She points at the clothes and to the changing room.  

      "Do you want me to try it on?"

      She nods, leaning against the wall. That means she will be waiting for me. I eye every dress, searching for one that might will fit me and takes it out. I head into the changing room. Before sliding the door off, I peek at the lady. Shockingly, the female has been looking at me for awhile now. I immediately shuts the door.

        Amai's really cool. Doesn't suit her name. My face begins to feel burning. Wait, what is this poop feeling? I slap my cheeks countless times and quickly fits the dress on me. Seeing that it suits me well, I slide the door open. The lady named Amai is already standing in front of the door. 

      "You shocked me you kn-"

      She squats and wears me a pair of high heels. She grabs my arm and leads me outside.  Again, Amai makes me unstable.Then, she neglects me to continue working. Seeing Kento coming towards me, Amai stops him and whispers something as she eyes me. 

      "What? She talks to Kento? Wow. Is she being biased now?"

      I mumble to myself, judging her in my heart. Kento reaches me with a smirk.

      "So, you're going to work here? Amai told me."

      "Ah- wait. What? Am I accepted?"

      Kento stands behind me and pushes my back towards the customers.

      "E-eh?!"

      "Work now."

      "What?! That easily?!"

      I'm half yelling. I feel like jumping here and there. After so much troubles and hurdles. I'm hired! 

      "I will do my best!"