(Part 1)

My Lady

I walk to school alone, all calm. There's no need to rush. It's still early anyway. Plus, I want to appreciate this view. What a good weather. Good enough for me to find a part time job later on. I hope it won't change.

      "Good morning, Kiko!" 
      
      I turn around to see Suzu running towards me, flashing a wide, cheerful grin while raising her hands up in the air all eager. She's always bright. Unlike me, I tend to be more quiet.

      "Morning, Suzu."
     
       I curve a thin line on the lips of mine the moment she walks pass me and stops right in front of me. She widens her eyes, scanning me from my hair to my toe. She then raises her brows, uninterested.

      "Woah! It looks lame! We hardly tried to enter a school that allow us to wear casual clothes but you chose to wear a sweater and a jean? It's like you're at home!"

      I check myself. Is it too lame? But it's just for school, right? I mean, I don't think it's necessary to wear something really nice to school. Only a sweater and a jean are enough. Simple like the owner.

      "But.. I don't really have good clothes, Suzu."

      Suzu looks at me, I can spot a guilt from her eyes. I laugh it off and grabs her hand to walk with me so that we can forget about what she has said.

      "So, are you really going to find a part time job?"

      Suzu eventually brings out a topic again. Speaking of job, yes. I really need to look for one. I nod my head to her question. 

      "Yeah. I want to lighten my mom's burden. At least I can use my saving for something I need."

      Suzu seems to understand what I have just said for she asks no more question.

      "Then, I will accompany you after school, alright?"

      "Don't you have anything to do?"

      Suzu tilts her head up, looking at the sky. Must be thinking of something. She then shakes her head. I give her a smile. 

      When we walk accross the school gate, I accidentally bump into a boy, his bag drops onto the ground. 

      "I'm sorry..!"

      "Where are your eyes at? Your ?"

      He eyes my face with a sharp look. He looks really angry. This boy maybe has lost his mood this morning.

      "Hey! That's rude! She apologised, didn't she?"

      Suzu scolds. This girl is quite brave on her first day at our new school. What if she gets beaten up by this boy's gang? He looks like some thugs who always cause chaos at school though.

      I was expecting he would scold Suzu back, but he only looks at her and reaches for his bag before he walks away. 

     "Hey, do you wanna die or something?"

     I nudge Suzu who's still crossing her arms. Her frown makes her looks cuter. She's fierce even though she's "smol". I bet "smol" people are always this bold.

     "I don't care. I will fight whoever mistreats my friend. I know judo!"

      She shows me her "skills". I can't bear students looking at us anymore so I just leave her alone.

°°°°
      
      It's recess time. I've prepared a bento for me and Suzu. I'd love to save my money more than spending it. I look around for Suzu. She's still not here. I guess she has gained some new friends. She's an outgoing person anyway.

      "Kiko!"

      A familiar voice calls my name. I know it's her. I still haven't made any new friends anyway. Suzu rushes toward me followed by a tall boy in glasses. He's already smiling at me. Must be Suzu's new friend.

      "This is my classmate a.k.a my friend! Tomodachiiii!"

       I raise my brows the moment Suzu mentions the word "tomodachi" and the boy immediately nods his head. Both of them make a peace sign in a sync.

     "Hai! Iiiit's Sota!!"

     The room is echoed with their voice. While me, only sitting still, holding my chopsticks. Cricket sound.

      Sota scoffs, as if he's shooing the awkwardness away.  He immediately pulls a chair and be seated. Followed by Suzu who has to force a laugh. I know she's embarrassed . 

      "Kiko?"

      Sota mentions my name, pointing his index at me. I nod my head and smile.

      "You look really quiet. Different from this mochi who's really loud and shameless even though she's a new student."

      "Ahem. Excuse me? Who are you calling shameless?!"

     Suzu stands up and messes the male's hair. The hazel haired male replies and both of them crack a laughter. They look strangely close. See? Suzu makes friends easily. I only smile watching them.

      "Oh? Is Kento absent?"

      They eventually stops messing around and Sota shoots me with a question that I can never answer. It's because I don't know anyone in this class yet.

      "Kento...who?"

      Both of them look at me without a single twinkle of eyes. Suzu chuckles and extends her hand to pull my cheek.

      "I knew it. You haven't made any new friend, right?"

        Suzu can read me. She's the person who understands me the most. Sota scans my face and nods his head. Looks like he understands too. I know I look demure. So it's easy to understand it.

      "Even if you made some friends, Kiko. I don't think you would want to befriend Kento."

      "But.. why?"

      "Just. You'll see. I bet he skipped class again."

      That's strange. Now Sota really makes me question about Kento. How does he look like? I wonder why did Sota say that.

      "Mochi! You're eating without me!"

      I'm brought back to reality for Sota's sudden shout. This boy is really loud, suits Suzu well. He tries to snatch the chopsticks from Suzu's hand, and playfully dodged by the petite female. Bet my bento won't get into my belly today.