MAFIA 01

Who You: MAFIA
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hey guys! I worked really hard in coming up with the first chapter so please enjoy! I know the names were confusing when I introduced the characters so I’m just going to use their real name and use their nickname in the story from time to time. If you ever get confused on the names just check the introduction! Anyways, I might update every Wednesday and Thursday so stay tune! Love you guys! Enjoy! And don’t forget to comment, subscribe, and vote!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was pitched black. I couldn’t see a damn thing. All I heard were voices screaming my name, but one voice made my heart ache. “DARA!” It was the voice of my dad. I looked around and around but I saw no sign of him. Just darkness. “DARA!” I heard again. Suddenly, I felt a touch on my arm.

 

I opened my eyes and came across my bedroom ceiling. I looked to my left side and saw my window open. I could’ve sworn I closed it before I went to bed. I looked to my right and saw the clock. 3:37 a.m. Great. I have class in 4 hours and I only got 30 minutes of sleep. I sighed and stared at the ceiling. 

 

I’ve been having the same dream for the past 2 months now. I lost my dad when I was 6 years old and I still remember that day. 

 

It was Tuesday. Probably around 4 p.m. I was riding my bike around the driveway while my lollipop. I had just learned how to ride my bike without training wheels and damn was I proud. My dad was fixing his car while my mom was working night shift. We had just gotten back from the auto shop and I was super bored.

 

I rode around my dad’s tools and I even tried to go extreme and run over a rock. I know. Risky right? But come on I was 6. Anyways, after I ran over the rock I looked up and saw this adorable puppy sitting in the middle of the road. It had white fur and black spots. He had the biggest spot on his right eye and it was adorable. Of course I was drawn into the puppy so I ran to it and hugged it. 

 

But I realized.... that was a mistake...

 

I heard my dad screaming “DARA!” The moment I turned around I was the car light beaming at me going 125 mph. I closed my eyes and held the puppy, expecting to be hit instantly, only to feel a push as I hit the ground. I opened my eyes and looked around. I’m alive? I looked at the puppy and it was happily wagging it’s tail as I kept me. Thank god the puppy was fine. 

 

I looked up and my smile disappeared. I saw a pool of blood trailing towards me as I saw my dad under the car only his hands out in the side. I stood for a minute. At the time... I didn’t know what blood was. Every time I got a cut, I thought strawberry jelly was pouring out of my  hand and I tried to it but my dad prevented me from doing so and would always put a bandaid and kiss it in the end saying to stop hurting his precious daughter. I crawled up to my dad’s hand and held it. 

 

“Daddy wake up.” 

 

No reply.

 

“Daddy strawberry jelly is coming out of you.” 

 

No reply.

 

“Strawberry jelly, stop hurting my daddy.”

 

Till this day I can never conquer my fear of strawberry jelly.

 

Although it’s been 11 years, things hasn’t been easy. After dad died, my mom was diagnosed with severe depression. We had gotten lots of money from my dad’s will, so uncle teddy hired a nurse and a psychiatrist to monitor my mom 24/7. Till this day, she can’t eat properly without crying every 5 min or even sleep without having a nightmare. She was and still is a mess. But I never stopped loving her. 

 

I worked hard to keep up my dad’s legacy. He was an engineer and was loved by everyone. I got A’s on all my engineering classes and I would show my mom... but she would just smile and nod. I understand how she feels but deep inside, I want her to at least say “I’m so proud of you.” That’s what dad would have said. I continued my way up to majoring in engineering at Academic University. 

 

The second I got my acceptance letter, I was screaming of joy. The nurse and the psychiatrist threw me a c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter