The Start of Hell on Earth

The Devils lost lover

His once bright eyes had dulled. The hatred that he held for the angelic being growing over the years. As his anger continued to grow he began to slowly lash out the damned souls screaming. Their cries and pleas going ignored.  But now with the devil roaming the earth, God nor his angelic beings could disregard him for the wrong they had done to him. 


Wings fluttering nothing seemed to be out of the norm. The fluttering of wings and bright laughter in heaven, along with the beauty of the city one he would never give up for anything. Moving about Hoseok smiled widely and nodded at all those who greeted him as he went to complete the errands tasked to him. Just as he had finished guiding the last soul in his care into paradise the sudden summoning had him worried. It isn't until the scroll is placed in his hand with the familiar sigil that he realizes they wanted him to see the devil. Nodding he's quick to fly off. Unlike all the other angels in heaven, he wasn't afraid. His white wings fluttering and the looks of pity amusing to him. As he descended down from the heavens and to what he knew would soon becoming scorching heat his eyes flicked to the scroll in his hands. Running his thumb along the sigil he hopes that whatever was written in there was nothing but good news. Once before the gates of hell, he waits.

His eyes are wide at the loud screams from the damned and the growling of the beasts guarding the way in. Having come here for years he still doesn't know why he had never gotten used to it. He should have by now, but it seems like he never would be able to. When he sees the familiar smug grin Hoseok rolls his eyes as burning red and oranges flames form before him. It's only once the bright red flames dim down that he asks, "Do you always have to make an entrance?"

"It's something I pride myself on. What do you have for me today, Hobi-hyung?"

Shivering at the light carefree tone he smiles at the devil. Handing out the scroll Hoseok is quick to wish the younger fair well, his promise to talk to him when he wasn't so busy met with, "You'll come begging for my entertainment soon, hyung. Just you wait."

As the days went by the change that began wasn't hard to notice. Confused Hoseok kept to himself, but at the solemn faces and the whispering, he worried more and more with each day and year that went by. When word got around about the possibility about the devil's possible other half being born the whispering only got worse until soon precautions were made. Shaking his head Hoseok tried to ignore them. He didn't want to believe it. Why would God let the angels know about the devil having a lover or soulmate?

Running his hands through his hair Hoseok breathes in and out loudly. His mind torn between keeping what he knew to himself and confining in Jimin. Deciding to keep the words spreading around to himself Hoseok didn't dare to interact with any of the other angels who he knew where angry about the one who had fallen having a soulmate. The anger and hatred in their eyes strong when they had found out that just like them God's once favorite son would have a soulmate like everyone else. As the years went by Hoseok smiled. His eyes bright and his grin never wavering. It wasn't until one day when he was just about to round the corner that he froze.

The hushed whispers loud, peering around the corner of the building his eyes take in the two angels before him. Their disheveled hair and ruffled feathers only adding to the crazed and dark look in their eyes. Swallowing the lump in his throat Hoseok clutches tightly onto his robes, his hands slightly shaking. Taking a few steps forward his wings twitch slightly as he listens to every word he hears. 

"We have to get rid of it!"

"Rid of it? You don't mean?"

"God isn't doing anything. He says we don't have to worry, but we know-he knows. The devil knows his lover is going to be born soon, we can't let there be two of them."

"Well, what do you suggest we do? Huh? Are we really going to defy God, and cross the Devil?"

"It's for the best and you know it."

Since that day the voices of those two angels haunted him. The tainting of their souls mocking everything divine about their kind. Hands clenching Hoseok didn't dare to think that they would do something so heinous. Sadly, Hoseok was wrong. The sight of the angels gathering around the newborn souls was heartbreaking, especially when he witnessed the first soul that perished when the angel leading everyone else ended the newborn's life just as it began. On that day he shed tears his heartbreaking and his silent pleas never reaching his God. 

Although many feared and abhorred what they were about to do the thought of having someone else just as cruel and dark as the prince of the dead was something far worse in their minds. Quietly only a select few knew what was about to happen. Their gatherings a secret and the numbers of angels who hated the fallen angel who now ruled hell growing in number. As their white wings glittered they kept one far away from what they were about to do, but he knew, and oh, how he hated it. Eyes wide he watched in horror as they began to descend upon the souls of the new life being born. As one new soul was destroyed before his eyes his eyes began to fill with tears, his wings expanding before his eyes focused on all those who rose up into the sky even further. It wasn't long before he saw them descend. One new soul dying after another. 

Fearing the wrath his dear friend would let out if they did succeed in killing whoever he was destined to be with he watched over the souls born each day in secret for several years until finally, he saw him. Just as he was about to give up, Hoseok saw him. Smiling at the soft warmth emitting from the orb he gently cradled the tiny soul of the babe in his arms. 

Eyes beginning to shed tears he held him close. His wings fluttering to close around him to keep the new soul in his protection from prying eyes. Glancing to the sides quickly Hoseok is quick to leave. His fear that they would figure out that he had known all along making him tremble until he came to a stop just outside the gates of heaven. Walking slowly he doesn't stop until he's sure no one is around. Peering down at the little orb his tears continue to fall harder as he whispers, "I'm sorry, I really am. Your life...it won't be an easy one, but they are good people. Very good people I made sure. I just...I can't let them kill you. I could never let that happen to him."

When the orb began to take on the form of a child. His eyes widened when he saw the possibility of making the devil's lover an angel. For a moment he could do nothing but struggle with the idea. It was only when Hoseok extended a finger forward that he smiled when the tiny soul gripped onto his finger. Sniffling Hoseok pressed a small kiss to the tiny bright soul in his ars. As Hoseok glanced down at the couple on earth and the clouds of heaven he clutched tighter onto the child before pushing him towards a barred mother down on earth. 

"If they find you here, they'll kill you. Be good little one and fight for your life."

As the days began to go by along with the months, Hoseok made sure he kept up the appearance that everything was alright. As he completed his errands he would wait until he was sure no one would come looking for him before checking in on Jimin's soulmate. When the year of the pig passed the cheers the erupted in heaven were great. While everyone else was relieved the anger Jimin had let out had them trembling. His anger shaking the earth and the hell fires he reigned over expanding and burning everything and every one the flames touched. As Jimin's voice boomed the angels fled from his sight. No matter how much the angels acted like it didn't bother them, they flinched at the cries they could hear. The pain and anguish having them flinch every time they heard a piercing scream. In the end, they hoped they would never come face to face with the devil. Years would go by until one day the truth would finally be told.

Sitting on his throne he growled at his men to leave him alone. The sound of there steps fading away. Once he was sure he was all alone the angry features slowly crumbled. Gripping tightly onto his silver hair, Jimin let out a broken sob as grey eyes filled with tears. Body shaking, the aching in his chest had him clutching onto the necklace in his hold. The gift he had been wanting to give his lover falling to the ground. Digging his hands into his throne Jimin felt the heat in the room growing temperature as his mood worsened. At the thought of his soulmate, he felt a wave of growing anger. Eyes flickering up to the sky his eyes hardened as he glares, his question going unanswered as he asks, Why did you let them kill him?

Having made his way in Hoseok feels guilt ebbing away at him. As much as he wants to let Jimin know he knows he can't. Not while the angels believed they've done what they wanted to do. Slowly opening the door to Jimin's throne room he flinches at the heat. Flinching Hoseok straightens himself before closing the distance between them. Wrapping his arms around his closest friend, Hoseok can only hope the women he chose would be a good mother to whoever Jimin's lover was supposed to be. As the tears gracing his eyes fall his hold tightens on his closest friend his glittering white wings hiding the devil from view. Leaning down his voice is soft as he whispers, "Why don't we go back to earth Jimin? Your kingdom down here will run fine while you're away, you also have Taemin helping you out. Why don't you take some time for yourself? The company you made on earth is struggling, so why don't we go up there. Stay a couple of years, a decade maybe two, three tops. After that, you can wreck hell if you want."

At the small nod, Hoseok smiles. Rubbing Jimin's back gently Hoseok's promise is silent and his own to keep for now. 'I'll get him to you.'

Seeing Jimin point to the ground he gently picks up the necklace. A frown gracing his face as he brings it up to view. Holding it he runs his thumb over the pendant. His eyes widening at the symbol and the possible meaning of the necklace. Feeling a thrum of Jimin's power there his lips part slightly.

"Get rid of it."

Hands trembling Hoseok quietly asks, "What?"

"That necklace, get rid of it."

"W-why?"

"I-it was supposed to be for-"

Understanding, Hoseok wraps his hands around it. Remembering the women's face along with her husbands, their names and hometown come to mind. Breathing in quietly he hopes whatever he chooses to do next won't worsen anything else then it already was. 

"I don't think that's a-"

"I don't want it Hoseok!"

Seeing a very identical one around Jimin's neck Hoseok can't help but ask about it. For a moment there's a pause before he hears Jimin mutter, "I'll keep this one so I will never forget what they did."

Nodding just as he goes back to hold Jimin he's gently pushed away. Not taking it to heart Hoseok moves away, his hands falling down to his side as he takes in the streaming tears and crumpled look on Jimin's face. 

"I want to be alone for now, hyung. I'll see you in a few hours. I'll be ready then."

Not saying a word, Hoseok takes off, the necklace in his hold now hidden from view. 'The next time you see this, he'll be wearing it.'


When she had first heard the news her heart had skipped a beat. Gripping tightly onto her husband's hand she let her tears fall freely. Her hand wiping away every tear that fell down her cheeks. As both soon to be parents listened to every word uttered they could do nothing but be thankful. As the months went by there were ups and downs throughout the whole pregnancy. Every advice told taken to heart and followed, as they began to buy and furnish the empty room in their house. As they painted the walls and placed the crib in the center of the room they lingered. The sight one they had never imagined ever happening. 

As a few more months went by they were once more sitting before their doctor. As they took in the news that everything was going well, and that their child was a boy they continued to get everything ready. The kicks they could feel and her growing belly only making everything more real. The day her water broke both parents were nervous yet excited. Having tried for years to have a child her arms trembled as the doctor gently placed her only son in her arms. Brushing away the brown locks away from her son's face she can't stop the grin from forming on her face. Thanking the Gods for hearing her pleas she smiles brightly as her husband wraps them in heavy blankets. When bright green eyes look up at her she knows immediately what he would be called.

Smile widening at the little yawn, she gently rocks her son until he falls back to sleep. The sight of his eyes closed and the weight of him in her arms has her crying once more. 'I finally have a son.'

At the knock, to their door, the sight of a male with bright blond locks and brown eyes has her smiling. At his cheery voice, she can't do anything but smile. Eyes shining brightly she can't help but ask, "I'm sorry, but who are you?"

Carefully closing the door Hoseo bows to both adults in the room. Straightening himself up, his eyes quickly flicker to the bundle in the women arms. Heart pounding loudly in his chest, he lets out a sigh. His shoulders relaxing instantly, before he finally manages to answer, "I'm Hoseok just someone coming through your city. I heard about you."

As the bright tall male walked towards her extended a box towards she slowly reaches out with one hand. Eyes now curious as she glances at the male before here.

"It's for your boy. I heard he's a miracle."

Laughing in between tears she nods her head, "Yes, he is. He's my only son. My little angel."

Eyes brightening Hoseok smiles as he takes in the sleeping child. Resisting the urge to brush the strands of brown locks, he answers softly, "He sure seems like it. May I know his name?"

"Kim Taehyung."

After the young male excuses himself, both parents share a look before quietly opening the box. When their eyes land on a necklace they are awed at the white gold chain and the gold pendant with the red in the center and the symbol. Hands carefully tracing along the mark they share a smile before unclipping the necklace and placing it on their son. Unaware of how the power on the pendant glows briefly as it envelops the soulmate of the devil.


Eons ago when he had been an angel he never dared to question God. It wasn't until the creations of the humans that he found himself wondering, why?

As his eyes trailed after he frowned. Seeing them there moving around as they wished he couldn't help but shake his head. His questions only growing as the years went by. It wasn't until he began to question his position in heaven that those he once spoke to fled from his side, while others turned to listen. One day when he dared to question God he didn't imagine he'd be thrown down into the pits of hell when he got one of the humans to bite into the apple forbidden. As he was engulfed in flames the heat had him gasping his white wings unable to stand the heat. So in a way to protect himself, he hid them. Gasping Jimin's eyes narrowed as he took in the never-wavering flames, recoiling from them he wiped at the sweat collecting on his skin. Slowly as he rose to his feet, Jimin realized he was alone and for many years he was until one by one fallen angels fell from heaven and demons began to appear. As they turned to him he glowered his anger strong, yet at the same time, he kept away from them. Their disfigured features loud to him. Slowly extending a hand forward he watches fascinated as the flames danced around him. Daring himself he slowly began to let the flames engulf him, before moving away and glancing over himself. Not seeing any burns he slowly began to learn how to tame the flames meant to destroy. 

As Jimin watched the humans who came down he reveled at the power he held his heart darkened. As he punished and sent the souls where they needed to go not once did he ever seek out a partner to remain at his side. As he indulged himself in the sin of lust the lips of his lovers were never the same. One night was all he had with them before they were discarded. It wasn't until an angel was waiting outside the gates of hell that he remembered about who he used to be. The first few times he met with the angel at the gates the less time the other spent there. The fear of the flames of hell touching him having him afraid. Laughing Jimin was surprised at the presence of someone waiting by the gates. When his eyes landed on the figure he froze, his eyes wide as he quietly questioned, "Hobi-hyung?"

"Jimin."

"Why are you here?"

"Well, everyone else was afraid you'd burn them and confine them to the depths of hell."

"And you aren't."

"I'd never be afraid of my friend."

From then, Jimin never raised his hand against an angel. His friend's presence comforting when he realized the other treated him the same. As more years went by Jimin was surprised when Hoseok came to deliver news about his soulmate. 

"Why would he?"

"I don't know Jimin, but your soulmate is coming soon."

"When?"

"During the year of the pig. Sometime around there."

When he was left alone Jimin for the first time felt something other than anger. He felt hope and love. From then he stopped seeking out lovers, his desire to be faithful to his other half keeping him from seeking after others and keeping his temper in check. But now with his other half gone that anger and hatred from before came. The lustful glances and lewd actions of those who sought his attention made him feel nothing but disgust. When he arrived on earth, the sin of the humans around him wasn't satisfying. Not like before. 

While on earth his empire grew. HIs company expanding and the number of people working underneath him huge. While Hoseok remained by his side Jimin didn't mind making his dear friend second in command. Yet the joy and fire once in Jimin's eyes remained dull. As the days went by Jimin buried himself in work. It wasn't until Hoseok stood before him and told him to hire an assistant that he decided that perhaps the other was right. After a long day of working with a never-ending schedule, he slowly made his way back to his penthouse. Falling onto his bed Jimin sighed, just as his eyes began to grow heavy he's shooting upright the sound of noise drawing his attention. Walking down the hall Jimin pauses.

Seeing the balcony doors open he slowly makes his way out there. Taking in the gentle breeze of the night he sighs. Seeing something to his left he slowly turns his head to the side. When his eyes land on the white robe, gold halo and white feathered wings he immediately feels anger. Turning on his heel just as he's about to leave and retreat to his room Jimin freezes. The feeling of the necklace around his neck bringing back the memory of all those souls lost. The soul of his soulmate, his mate gone with every other one that year.

Hands clenching his arms tremble his eyes turning red with anger, taking a step forward he pauses. The narrowed eyes turning back into ocean blue and a smile gracing his lips. Extending his arms in that of a mock greeting he lets out a loud laugh a brief flicker of red showing. 

"J-jimin..."

Smile dropping his eyes narrow as he takes a few steps toward the angel trespassing on his territory.  Jimin is seething as he lets the loss of his soulmate come to mind, "You have no right uttering my name."

Flinching at the booming voice the angel tries to meet the once bright blue eyes of the devil, "I-i...I'm sorry dark prince."

"Are you really?"

"I am. You know I wouldn't have done it if I didn't need to."

"You helped kill my soulmate."

"We couldn't let another of you, surface."

"You angel's killed an innocent and for that all of you deserve punishment."

Before the angel could react he's standing behind him. His hand clutching tightly onto white wings and at that moment he lets fire come. At the screams piercing the air, he doesn't relent. His eyes red, and the shadows moving at their master's command.

"Ha Sung-woon, we were once friends, but you should have remembered. The devil was once an angel."


Stepping off the bus, Taehyung thanks the driver before turning around. As people walk past him, his eyes widen as he begins to take everything in. Smiling widely he hopes that whatever is offered to him would be exactly what has been missing in his life. Eyes falling down onto the address of the street he slowly begins to make his way through the city. As he walks he slowly drags his suitcase behind him after making sure his backpack is strapped correctly onto his shoulders and strapping his duffle along his chest. His wide green eyes reflect his curious nature as they take everything in sight. Stopping by one of the bus stops Taehyung's quick to pull off the poster taped onto the glass and tuck it into his pocket. Quickly typing in the new address of his new apartment he follows the directions carefully. 

When he comes before the apartment complex he lets a smile form before making his way in. The backpack on his back all he had with him. Sending a few messages back to his parents he smiles when he informs them that all his stuff would be arriving in two or three days. After reassuring them that he would be alright he quickly made his way down the hall. Stopping before his apartment he draws out his keys. Unlocking the door he smiles before making his way in. Locking the door behind him Taehyung makes his way into what would be the living room. Placing his bags down he lets out a sigh.

ping his suitcase he's quick to pull out the bedsheets and blanket before reaching for his duffle and pulling out his pillow. Spreading it out on the ground Taehyung splays himself out. Groaning at the hard cold surface of the floor he hopes that the rest of his stuff would arrive soon. Checking the time on his hone he groans when he sees it's just past five. Feeling drained he lets himself remain as he is before pushing himself to his feet. Knowing he would have to buy food he decides that's where he would have to start. 

When he comes back to his apartment it's well past eight, the number of bags in his hold great. Slowly placing the grocery bags down on the counter he lets out a groan before ripping into a bag of chips. Making his way back to where his blankets laid he lets himself fall back onto the floor, before slowly pulling out the poster from before. Eyes taking in the information he immediately bites his bottom lip before deciding that maybe he should apply for the job. The amount of money offered was good. Placing an alarm on his phone he decides that working for the CEO Park Jimin wouldn't be so bad. The name of his company was endearing, and how bad could a man who owned a company called, Serendipity be.