A Rift in Time and Space - Part I

Infinite
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A Rift In Time and Space – Part I

A/N: listening to One Day while writing half of this ~♡

 

Chanwoo took a seat in front of the window, watching the airport crew busy themselves outside, as he waited for boarding time.

He reached into his sweater pocket and pulled out a phone, the lock screen background bringing a smile to his face.

It was a photo of Junhoe sleeping on their bed on a midsummer day, with Bbangdaeng curled up beside him with the words “happiness" written across it.

2 new messages. He read.

He quickly tapped on it to find Junhoe had sent him a text.

Love your present, but I would’ve loved it more if you didn’t have to leave. I miss you already ='[

Chanwoo chuckled as he opened the image attached to the message.

Junhoe had taken a selfie with the journal he had given the older as present.

Chanwoo pouted. He wished he didn’t have to leave but his job required it.

He missed Junhoe already. 

He leaned his head back against the chair and looked up at the ceiling, faint music reaching his ears.

 

Jiwon bopped his head to the loud beat blasting through his headphones.

He looked around and found an empty chair, save for someone sitting on the other side, the whole row was empty.

He took the seat at the very end, avoiding to sit near anyone, so he can continue to listen to his loud music  without being a nuisance.

…in my tears I drown
But I never let it get me down
So when negativity surrounds
I know someday it’ll all turn around
Because
All my life I’ve been waiting for...

 

A bright white light flashed, momentarily blinding their surrounding.

 

Jiwon strummed the guitar in his arms, his eyes closed, as he gently sang.

All my life I’ve been waiting for
I’ve been praying for
For the people to say
That we don’t want to fight no more
There’ll be no more wars
And our children will play
One day, one day
One day, one day
One day, one day
Hmm….

He stopped, placing a palm against the strings to stop the vibrations, as he looked up to find the newest member of their group, Chanwoo, clapping at him.

“That was great, hyung,” Chanwoo complimented shyly.

Jiwon only smiled before looking back down at his guitar.

When all Chanwoo received was silence, he figured he was being a bother and made his way out.

“You can stay.” Jiwon said nonchalantly, without looking up from his guitar, as he started to strum once again.

Chanwoo hid his smile and turned around to sit down on the same bench as Jiwon, but not beside him.

Chanwoo felt he would be a distraction and a burden to the rapper, so he kept a comfortable distance as he silently enjoyed his hyung sing. He leaned his head back against the wall and closed his eyes as his hyung's, surprisingly, gentle and sweet voice lulled him.

Jiwon continued to hum, his fingers halting as he turned to look at the youngest.

He hummed as he watched him peacefully nap.

He hummed as he reached over to brush the strands of hair that had fallen down his forehead.

And he hummed as he gently brushed his thumb across the other's cheek.

Jiwon cradled his guitar, resting his chin against the instrument's body as he smiled and watched Chanwoo sleep. Warmth travelled all over his body.

The door suddenly opened as the rest of the members piled in and Jiwon glared at them with an angry hiss. “Ssshhh!” He put a finger against his lips and everyone stood frozen on their spot, their own lips tightly shut. He gestured his head at the sleeping form at his arm's length for everyone to understand.

They all nodded before Jiwon shooed them away with a wave of his hand.

Chanwoo needed some rest and he wasn’t going to let anyone, not even himself, interrupt what little and precious time the maknae had.

Carefully standing up, Jiwon glanced at the closed door before walking over, leaning down and pressing his lips lightly on Chanwoo's forehead; careful not to wake him up.

“Rest a little, kid,” Jiwon whispered, “you deserve it.” He straightened up then walked to the door. He took one last glance at the sleeping form before walking out and shutting the door behind him as quietly as possible.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter