Part III.

A Second Melody
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun was frozen and he felt like fainting at the sight before him. He never thought he’d see that face and hear that voice again. They did run in different social circles: Chanyeol was part of the upper echelons of society while he was just an ordinary citizen. His friends were just able to save up enough money to afford this expensive hotel for their wedding. Otherwise, this meeting wouldn’t have been possible at all.

“Baekhyun?” Chanyeol asked again. “What are you doing here?” Baekhyun scoffed. Of course, did he think Baekhyun had no right to even step foot in a luxurious place like this. Chanyeol’s eyes were confused and asking him some questions. Questions he would never answer, whatever happens.

He steeled himself to be proper. After all, the man was holding his daughter and was probably the one who helped her. “T-thank you for helping Choon hee, I’ll take her off your hands now.”

Chanyeol frowned, and deep inside Baekhyun thought how handsome he still managed to look when he does that. “Is she your daughter?” Baekhyun ignored that question in order to offer his arms to Choon hee who happily reached for him too.

Until Chanyeol tightened her hold on him and gave them some distance. “What are you doing?” Baekhyun was shocked, which was slowly turning into anger. How dare he deny his daughter from him?

“Give her to me, Chanyeol?” Baekhyun was gritting his teeth, so close to punching Chanyeol. If only he wasn’t holding his daughter, he would have certainly done so. Thank goodness the place was deserted since everyone was upstairs for the celebrations they were there for, and not a soul was around them.

“Answer my questions first. Is she your daughter? How old is she?” Chanyeol needed to know the answer because the thudding of his heart and the sudden want to be with the little girl was making him think of possibilities. Possibilities that would make him regret everything he did all the more.

“She’s mine and that’s none of your business,” Baekhyun snapped, he stepped on Chanyeol’s toes hard that the taller gasped in pain before Baekhyun forcibly but carefully took Choon hee from Chanyeol’s slackened hold, the precious little girl being oblivious to the tension between the two adults.

Choon hee for her part was still behaved. Being three does not make her understand everything, but she was wondering why her father didn’t like the mister that helped her. After all, she did like him too. It was like being wit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter