Part I.

A Second Melody
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“. I need to hurry up. Yoora noona is definitely going to kill me.” Chanyeol runs, while simultaneously trying to properly wear his suit. It’s his fault for going out to party last night when he could’ve slept early and prepared for his noona’s wedding.

But somehow, since his plane from the United States landed on Korean soil, he felt nothing but emptiness; and the sadness threatened to take control of his entire being. Chanyeol had no choice but to get his to the nearest bar to drink and dance the night away to escape, because that’s what he’s good at.

The memories which he thought he had forgotten and buried in the deepest part of his being suddenly came back up to haunt him, to remind him of how wrong his decision three years ago was.

He couldn’t help it. A man like him, raised in the comforts of fame and fortune, only for it to be stripped away suddenly because of the man he decided to love. The spoiled boy inside himself decided it was time to end the folly and embrace his inheritance even if it meant breaking up with the man who was the only one who was able to make him feel genuine happiness.

So there he was last night, drinking to forget because being in Korean soil just rapidly brought his name, his face, his voice, his smile, his everything back to the forefront of his memories and he just couldn’t take it. A moment longer of Chanyeol seeing Baekhyun’s face in his mind would send him running to him, to beg for forgiveness and to take him back. But that’s wrong because he’s just started to take full rein of their company in the US. Soon, he would be taking over the entire group of Park industries. Maybe then, free from the influence of his parents, he could look for Baekhyun again; but not this time, not yet.

So he drank and drank until he couldn’t even remember his own name and the reason for his existence. Now here Chanyeol was, running late and smelling of alcohol despite the numerous showers he’d already taken, expecting the wrath of his sister that was sure to come his way. But he couldn’t bring himself to care. This wedding was just another business deal his parents forged anyway.

Even so, he hurried to the wedding hall assigned to his sister’s wedding. The hotel was huge, owned by his sister’s groom, so it wasn’t a surprise that other events would be happening at the same time. What was a surprise, however, was the crying child Chanyeol happened upon.

Chanyeol couldn’t help it. He just had to turn around and follow the sniffles and cries for “appa” as if the world’s magnetic center rearranged and pulled him towards the incessant cries. Chanyeol loves kids, but he usually would just turn his back on situations like these, knowing that they would be found soon. This time was just different and he couldn’t explain why.

“Hey.” Chanyeol approached the crying girl seated by the emergency staircase. She looked up and Chanyeol felt like crying himself. He sat down beside the cute girl and tried to console her. “What’s wrong? Why are you crying?”

Chanyeol tried to soften his raspy voice, but it still came out loud and echoing inside the place. This sent the girl into crying some more, “Appa said not to talk to strangers! Go away mister!” And then she cried more and more.

Ch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter