Chapter 4

Calls to Love

It has been almost a week with no text or calls from Mark, and it was killing Jinyoung. The other had sometimes 'ignored' him, but that was only for a few hours, and it was never intentional. But this, this was torture. What did Jinyoung do to make him never reply for a week? The last time they had talked was when he told the other about his feelings for Jisoo, but nothing else. It had broken his heart when he heard the reply from Mark's band member, Youngjae.

'He gave me the phone...and just walked out of the room.'

Was that true? Jinyoung had trouble replying to that, but luckily the guy hung up before he heard Jinyoung soft sobs. He didn't know why he was crying, but he knew he was definitely hurt. 

This week was one of the slowest weeks Jinyoung has ever lived. He always had his phone in his hand unless his manager took it away from him since it was a distraction. 

He was about to turn off his lights to go to sleep, but then he heard his phone ring in the kitchen downstairs. Thinking it was Mark calling, Jinyoung got out of bed and sprinted down the steps, almost falling in the process. He reached the kitchen in a matter of seconds and grabbed his phone, but when he read the caller ID, his heart dropped. Why did he think it was Mark? Why did he give himself that much hope?

"Hello, Jisoo," Jinyoung said in a monotone voice. He didn't want to hurt her feelings by the lack of enthusiasm, but he couldn't help it. His best friend that he used to talk to almost 24/7 was ignoring him like a plague.

"Hey, Jinyoung!" The girl said in the opposite tone Jinyoung had. "How are you? I haven't seen you in forever!"

"I'm good...We saw each other a few days ago," That must have shocked Jisoo because it went silent for a moment. 

"O-Oh...yeah...right...It feels like forever though!" Jinyoung wanted to roll his eyes. He has been getting agitated very easily this past week, but he couldn't help it. 

"Jinyoung...I-I wanted to ask you something," She said in a serious voice. Jinyoung could tell she was nervous, but why?

"Go ahead," Jinyoung said in a sort of encouraging voice.

"I-I wanted to know if you wanted to grab dinner sometime? I really like you, and I'm pretty sure you like me too. I really want us to give each other a chance. I think we can make a perfect match." Her voice was confident, but because of her stuttering, in the beginning, you could tell she wasn't. 

Jinyoung wanted to say no at first, but then he thought of Mark. The last time the older had talked to him, he had said to ask the person you like out before they get away. He didn't really like Jisoo as much as he used to, but he wanted Mark to be proud of him. He really did. 

"Okay...let's give it a try," Jinyoung said.

 

**************

 

Another week passed without Mark, and then a month passed. Jinyoung and Jisoo were still a couple and they were about to have their one-month anniversary in a few days. Jisoo made Jinyoung happy, most of the time, and she got his mind off of Mark, but only for a few minutes. Every time they hung out, Jinyoung could never focus on his girlfriend. His thoughts were only about Mark, and he couldn't get the older out of his mind. 

Thoughts like,'What if this was Mark in front of me instead of Jisoo?' and 'I miss him so much.' always filled his mind. 

The new couple still hadn't had their first kiss yet because Jinyoung always pulled away right before. He didn't know why. Didn't couples usually kiss in like a week after they got together? He always scolded himself for not being enough for Jisoo.

  It was one night they were at Jinyoung's huge penthouse sitting on the couch when Jinyoung realized what he really wanted and needed...

 

The couple was snuggled up on the couch watching one of Jisoo's favorite movies. Jinyoung's mind, like always, was off somewhere else. Jisoo had never noticed he wasn't paying attention to her, though. Probably because he was one of the world's best actors. 

It was when he felt Jisoo move beside him, he snapped out of the thoughts about his best friend. Thoughts like 'What was Mark doing now?' and 'Did he miss me?' 

He looked down at his girlfriend in question. He was shocked when she cupped his cheeks with her hands and smashed their lips together. He sat there shocked for a few moments without moving his lips. She was practically on top of him while almost ravaging his lips. He finally pulled away and he saw the disappointment on her face. She obviously wanted to go further. 

He wiped his lips before standing up. "I'm going to bed...You can sleep in the guest bedroom if you want."

"Wait, Jinyoung...I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that. We just haven't kissed in our whole month of being together. It's really killing me." She tried to grab his hand, but he walked away before he could reach it.

 

**************

 

Jinyoung sat on the edge of the bed with his face in his hands. He knew he hurt her, but why did he feel hurt as well. He could feel a pain in his chest and he felt his eyes water up. Why did a simple kiss make me feel this much, this much pain

Jinyoung grabbed at his chest to try to stop the pain, but it didn't help. He wanted to cry...He wanted to ball his eyes out. Why was he like this? What was wrong with him>

The only thought or answer that popped into his mind was 'Mark'. 

 

**************

 

The next morning, Jinyoung knew his answer. He knew what he needed to do. Jinyoung walked down the stairs and found Jisoo in the kitchen. 

"Jisoo...We really need to talk." He said in a soft voice. He looked up and was met with her panicked face. He never wanted to hurt her, but he just couldn't do this anymore. He couldn't pull off this act any longer.

"Are you breaking up with me?!...Is it because of last night? Really, I'm sorry about that. I don't know what came over me." Jinyoung looked down at his feet and sighed.

"Jisoo, I'm really sorry, but-"

"Do you like someone else?! Don't give me that face...I've seen you space out many times!" Jisoo yelled. Eventually, Jinyoung just settled with a small nod. 

What he didn't expect was a strong impact on his cheek. He grabbed at the stinging feeling and looked at Jisoo who looked at him in pure rage. Jinyoung had never seen this side of the girl. He never thought that sweet girl to turn into something like this.

"You're a bastard! How could you just do something like that to someone!" Jisoo yelled.

"I'm sorry...I never meant for this to happen," He tried to explain, but he was shoved to the floor. "I hate you!" She said before throwing a plate on the ground. "What did I do to deserve this?!"

"Jisoo...Can you please leave?" He asked calmly from his spot on the floor. 

"...Fine." She said before heading to the direction of where the door was. "Never text me again!" He could hear before the door slammed shut. 

Jinyoung sighed before getting up to clean the broken glass on his kitchen floor. Trying not to cut himself, he brought the pieces to the trashcan. Once he finished cleaning he picked up his phone. He went to contact and clicked on Mark's name. He sighed again and just stared at the unanswered and unread messages.

Did something happen to him? Jinyoung quickly pressed the home button on his phone and went to the Google icon. He typed in 'Mark Tuan', but nothing of the sort came up. He did have a concert earlier in the day that had some videos attached. So that must mean he is alright, but now Jinyoung had proof the older was ignoring him. 

He scrolled down more and saw a post saying Mark's expressions these days were so sad. So he was affected by this separation, too? 

Jinyoung had to find Mark now. He had to make up with the other even if the older didn't have the same feelings as he did. He just wanted his best friend back.

 

**************

 

"Sean, please, you have to help me!" Jinyoung begged his manager. "Please...or I'll stop acting!" Jinyoung was desperate. He really wasn't going to, but the threat always persuaded his manager to help.

"Okay, fine! Who is it you needed to find?" His manager asked.

"His name is Mark Tuan." His manager looked up from his computer in shock. "Like from OMW?" Once Jinyoung nodded, he let out a long whistle.

"Why do you want to find him?" 

"I really miss him...and he's been ignoring me for more than a month now." He replied.

"So you actually, personally, know him. Like the Mark Tuan." Jinyoung just rolled his eyes. 

"Is it really that hard to believe?" He asked after scoffing. His manager quickly shook his head. "No, it's not...It's just...you usually don't approach people and neither does he apparently. I always thought he was, like, mean and cold until that night when he cried. Well, I guess he is mean if he is ignoring you for this long."

"No, he's not! I probably just said something that really hurt him or made him mad." Jinyoung said.

"Okay, fine," His manager raised his hands in defeat. 

"How long will this take?" Jinyoung asked impatiently. 

"Just a few more minutes, Jinyoung." His manager said in an annoyed voice, but Jinyoung could care less.

After almost an hour, his manager finally found the location of his friend, or if he could still call him that. Jinyoung hugged his manager before hurrying to his car. 

'I finally get to see him again'

'What if he won't let me in?'

'What if he doesn't forgive me?'

Jinyoung just shook the thoughts out of his head and typed the address into his GPS. Once he started to drive, his heart started to beat rapidly. Almost there.