Chapter 2

Calls to Love

These last few months of texting Jinyoung have been amazing for Mark. Whether it was at the beginning or end of the day, he always was hoping for another text to come through. It's almost as if he picked up a new habit of looking at his phone screen for any notifications. 

As another text went through, Mark couldn't help a smile from forming his face. He quickly texted a reply to the actor and put his phone down only to be met with four faces looking in his direction. 

"Why are you always so smiley at your phone nowadays?" Yugyeom asked.

"No reason," Mark replied immediately and mentally face palmed. He hasn't told the members about Jinyoung yet because they are too obsessed with him. It would be overwhelming for both Mark and Jinyoung if they found out. They would probably demand to meet or always be nosy and never let Mark text or call in peace. 

He had mentioned this to Jinyoung and the actor and just laughed. He didn't seem to be bothered by it, but he didn't know Mark's friends.

"Are you dating someone secretly or something?" Jackson asked.

"No," Mark said. He wasn't lying. He and Jinyoung were just very close friends. 

"Well, that blush on your face says otherwise." Mark quickly put a hand to his cheek and surely it was really warm. Why was he blushing? He didn't like Jinyoung, right? 

"Who is it?" Youngjae said curiously. 

"It's just a friend," Mark tried to reassure them. 

"But you want it to be more, am I right?" Jackson butted in. 

"No, I don't!" Mark whined. 

"We're just teasing, Mark. Don't take it too seriously," Yugyeom said with a slight smirk on his face. 

Mark just rolled his eyes and turned back to his phone. There were multiple texts that had come through. 

Jinyoung

-My day has been great! How was yours? Any new songs or dances? You still haven't rapped to me yet.

 

-Mark? Are you there?

 

Hello?

 

-I can see that you're reading these

 

Mark widened his eyes and tried to quickly reply so Jinyoung wouldn't get the wrong idea.

 

Mark

-I'm sorry, I was talking to my members. 

 

-They were asking who I was texting?

 

 

Jinyoung

-Oh really? Did you tell them it was me yet?

 

-What were their reactions?

 

 

Mark

-No, I didn't tell them. 

 

-I promise you that they really will freak out if I did. 

 

-They are literarily obsessed with you. 

 

-They watch your movies almost every night.

 

 

Jinyoung

-Hahahaha! Ok. 

 

-I have to go Mark. I'll call you later?

 

Mark

-Sure!

 

Mark put his phone down with a sigh. I has been a long time since he has seen Jinyoung in person. They had met twice so far. One being their meeting and one at a small café where they wouldn't get recognized. 

Mark really did miss the younger a lot and really wanted to actually speak to him in person, but their schedules never match up. That one time, they just really lucky. Calls and texts weren't enough for Mark anymore.

 

**************

 

Mark and the members were at dance practice, and they were almost finished. It was a humid and hot day that made the whole building scorching hot. The youngests were complaining nonstop, and Mark felt like dying. Was the air condition broke? 

Youngjae took a seat by a panting Mark, who was fanning himself, and handed him a water bottle. Mark thanked the other and gulped it down. He was about to close his eyes when he felt his phone vibrate in his hand. 

He lifted his phone with an achy hand and he could see Youngjae glance over in the corner of his eye. 

 

Jinyoung

-Hey, guess what!

 

Youngjae apparently saw the name because he gasped. "That's who you ha-" Mark quickly put a hand over his mouth trying to silence him. Youngjae wasn't as obsessed as the other three, but he still really looked up to the actor. 

"Please, you can't tell them. They'll go crazy. Keep this a secret, please." He literally begged the younger. Youngjae could apparently sense the panic in Mark's voice, so he nodded. 

"On one condition..."

"What is it?" Youngjae glared at him for interrupting.

"I get to read some of your texts and you could perhaps introduce us?" Mark just sighed and nodded. Youngjae wasn't going to embarrass him, so why not?

"Yes! Thank you so much!" Youngjae said with a huge grin on his face.

"No problem."

"So...How did you two meet?" Mark lifted his head up to look Youngjae in the eyes trying to see if he was serious.

"Why do you want to know?" He saw the other shrug.

"Well I'm just wondering how...you...got to meet one of the best actors in the world, and apparently you're very good friends with him, no offense...I mean you're so awkward and shy to new people. I'm just wondering how you two hit it off."

Mark scoffed in reply. "You were supposed to take no offense!" Younjae exclaimed and Mark cracked a smile. 

"Okay, fine," He said and he saw the younger's smile get bigger. "You know that award show we went to a few months ago?" He nodded. "Well during the after party, that we went to, I was sitting in the corner at a small table alone. He suddenly approached me and complimented me on my speech, and the rest is history."

"That's so boring!" The younger pouted. "That was, like, no details at all!" 

"Too bad...you just wanted to know how we met, not our whole conversation after." He saw the other pout more and he burst out laughing.

"What are you two talking about," Yugyeom said as the three other members approached curiously. 

"Nothing!" The two practically shouted and the three boys just looked at them suspiciously. 

"What are you two hiding?" Jackson said as he leaned his face closer to Youngjae knowing this would break him Mark saw the other make eye-contact with him before sprinting out of the room. 

"Well...that was weird. What's up with him?" Bambam said.

"I don't know," Mark said expressionless. 

"Wait is practice over now? I want to leave this place! It's too hot!" Jackson complained.

"I don't know," Mark said again. 

"What's wrong with you?.......Is something going on between you and Youngjae?" Mark practically gagged. 

"No, you dummy! You're so weird." Mark replied while hitting Jackson on the back of the neck.

 

**************

 

It wasn't until when they got in the dorm room until he remembered that Jinyoung had texted him during practice. That was hours ago!

Mark quickly grabbed his phone out of his pocket, and sure enough, there were a lot of text messages. 

 

Jinyoung

-Hey, guess what!

 

-Hello?

 

-????

 

-Mark???????

 

-Are you ignoring me?

 

-Did I do something wrong?

 

-It seems like you're ignoring me a lot these days.

 

"He seems really clingy," Youngjae said behind him. Mark jumped and quickly held his phone to his chest before he realized it was just Youngjae.

"Hold on," he said before replying to Jinyoung.

 

Mark

-I'm really sorry! I was at practice when I saw your text, but I didn't have time to reply to it. We just got back to the dorm. I'm so sorry!

 

-And I'm not ignoring you. We have just been really busy with these promotions and things. I'm really sorry Jinyoung" 

 

"You are such a kiss-up!" Youngjae exclaimed. "I have never seen you act this way. You must really like him."

Mark just ignored the other and waited for Jinyoung's reply. 

 

Jinyoung

-It's okay.

 

-And I'm sorry too. I tend to overreact a lot.

 

 

Mark

-It's okay

 

-What is it you wanted to tell me earlier?

 

 

Jinyoung

-Oh right!

 

-I have a month break. I'll still have interviews and like two award shows, but that's all. I wanted to see if you were free anytime this month so we could meet up again. I haven't seen you in forever!

 

Mark couldn't help himself from smiling. Youngjae must have seen it because he laughed his really obnoxious laugh. 

 

Mark 

-I'll have to ask my manager when I'm not busy. 

 

-I hope we can meet! I really miss you!

 

 

Jinyoung

-I miss you too!

 

-I can't wait! I have to go to bed now or my manager will kill me if I have bags under my eyes in the morning. 

 

-Goodnight!

 

Mark

-Goodnight! Sleep well!

 

Jinyoung

-You too!

 

"He likes you and you like him!" Youngjae yelled in his ear. "I've already told you, Youngjae, we're just really good friends."

"If you say so," The younger said before heading into his room. "Goodnight, loverboy!" He yelled before slamming his door shut before Mark could yell back at him. 

 

'Do I like him?' 

 

'Does he like me?"