Forever awaits, someday

Waiting for her
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Where is he?”

Jinwoo, who had been playing with his cats, looked up at the deep voice.

Seungyoon, Winner’s leader, stood across the room, his arms crossed in front of his chest, a worried look on his face.

Jinwoo didn’t need to ask who he meant.

Song Mino. Rapper and photography enthusiast. On the outside a tattoed, pierced and bleached hair fashionista, but deep inside a gentle soul, who sometimes felt too much. Loved too much.

“He has locked himself into his room for two days now since the news broke.” the dark haired vocalist answered.

THE news. Dispatch’s first couple of 2019. Blackpink’s Jennie and EXO’s Kai. It had come out of nowhere and it shook the KPOP entertainment industry, especially the YG family.

But most of all it had affected Mino. His bandmates had suspected for quite some time that the young man had a soft spot for YG’s It-girl. They all had been close since their trainee days, but over the last two years his demeanour had changed. Gone was the easy going brother/sister relationship and it had been replaced by accidental touches, long stares and blatant public displays of affection at music award shows, especially on Mino’s side. He had deflected all warnings and reprimanding, wearing his heart on his sleeve. He had shown the world unabashedly whom he liked.

Jennie.

But none of them had realized how deep his feelings had been, thinking it had been a harmless crush on his younger colleague.

Seungyoon inwardly sighed as he made his way over to Mino’s room. They had been at dance practice two days ago, when the world had turn upside down. They had been taking a break, playing with their phones and sipping on cold water, when Mino suddenly had let out a choked sound while he was looking at his phone. His bandmates had looked up and saw his face going pale. His whole face and body, happy and relaxed minutes ago, had turned rigid and frozen.

“Mino. What’up? Everything okay?” Seunghoon had worriedly asked as the rapper had gotten up his feet, his eyes empty.

But the young man had not answered, wordlessly turning around and left the room.

“Yah,Mino. What the hell! Come….” Seungyoon had started to yell, when he felt a hand on his arm.

It was Jinwoo, who was holding his phone towards him, showing him what was on the front screen.

BREAKING NEWS!!!!! DISPATCH’S FIRST COUPLE OF 2019 REVEALED: EXO’S KAI AND BLACKPINK’S JENNIE HAVE BEEN DATING SINCE NOVEMBER AND HAVE BEEN SEEN ON SEVERAL DATES!

Seungyoon’s heart sank.

“.”

Since then Mino had been holed up in his room, barely coming out to eat or to talk. In fact, he had not said a word since then.

Seungyoon took a deep breath, knocked on the door and went in.

He had expected anything from a completely trashed room to Mino sitting in a corner crying.

It was nothing of that.

The lids were drawn shut, candles alight and some soft music playing in the darkened and tidy room. Mino’s tabby cat was curled up on the freshly made bed and let out a small meow when she spotted Seungyoon.

Mino did not turn around. His gaze fixated on what was in front of him.

He was clad in a sleeveless black tank top, his various tattoos on display, and black track pants, his feet bare and his bleached hair up in a small bun.

Sitting on a chair in front of a canvas.

And on it was the hauntingly beautiful face of a young woman, drawn with charcoal in black, grey and whitish hues.

Her hand reached out to the observer of the painting, a longing but deeply sad look in her eyes. Her dark hair whirled around her, painted by the wind. You could only see her bare, slender shoulders.

It was Jennie, in all her painfully beautiful glory.

And Mino was drawing it with crayons and his bare fingers, their tips gliding over the contours of her soft face.

A thought popped into his mind and before Seungyoon could, he blurted out “It was about Jennie. Your Song. Her. It was about her.”

Silence.

“Mino.”

The young rapper did not stop what he was doing, but suddenly his deep, smooth voice filled the room, startling Seungyoon.

“It has always been her.”

Th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter