Witness

Waiting for her
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The young make-up artist had been newly assigned to Blackpink’s crew for their world tour. She had worked with other idol groups before, but was especially proud of supporting those four talented young women.

Over the course of the years she had been witness to a lot of private issues of the idols she had worked with. As a member of the close staff around those performers, she saw happiness, anger, envy, jealousy, sadness and love. So much love. Despite being scrutinized by the public, the fans and the media on a daily basis, idols were still humans who longed for the companionship and warmth of others. Through all the genders and ages she had seen countless idols fall in love with each other. Some broke up after a short time, some lasted for longer and some were still together to this day. Always hidden and always denying and maintaining the public image of being single and available. She pitied those young people. Quite a few had been deeply in love, but feared to lose their careers and thus broke up with their loved ones.

Of course there were couples who did not give a damn about their management or jealous fans. G-Dragon from Big Bang and Dara from 2NE1 were one of those. Despite a tumultuous on-and-off relationship for years, there was no doubt they would settle down after he was released from the military. Same went for Lee Taemin from Shinee and Son Naeun from APink. They had been seriously dating under the radar for years and were painstakingly careful to not get caught.

She had heard a lot about YG’s dating agenda regarding his artists, such as forbidding them to meet by setting different times for lunch and dinner.

After Seungri’s scandal unleashing shock wave after shock wave, Blackpink along with Winner and Ikon had become the company’s most valuable and important asset. YG had been guarding and shielding them like an overprotective mother hen.

Therefore she was utterly surprised when she worked for the girlgroup on the evening of their performance at the Coachella festival. While she was on her way to Blackpink’s dressing room, she became aware of a tall, lean figure standing half hidden in the shadows, his face only illuminated by the light of his phone, which he held in one of his hands. He was definitely male. Dressed in distressed dark blue jeans, white sneakers, a white shirt and a black leather bomberjacket, he did not look out of place. Accessories and jewelleries were glistening around his wrists, his neck and in his ears.

Who was he?

The moment she decided to confront him about hovering around Blackpink’s dressing room, he suddenly took a step forward, the stage and corridor lights illuminating his bleached blond hair and one of the most exotic and handsome faces she had ever seen.

She had seen him before. Song Mino. Winner’s rapper. What the hell was he doing there? What was he doing in the US?

At that moment the door of the dressing room opened and Jennie Kim, Blackpink’s leader and YG princess, took a step out, looking around hesitantly. Her face was bare of any make up and her long hair flowed over her shoulders. Clad in simple black jogging pants and a dark blue hoodie, she looked very young and beautiful.

Once Jennie’s eyes fell on Mino, who was hovering nearby, her whole demeanour changed. Her body relaxed and a blinding smile illuminated her face.

The young staff member could only watch on as Jennie suddenly took off running towards Mino, who had opened his arms, sporting a small smirk. With a soft thud the young female hopped into the rapper’s arms, wrapping her legs around his slim waist. Within seconds he had enveloped the lithe body with his arms, pressing her snugly against his chest. One would have expected a hormonal make out session in an instant, but to the staff member’s surprise, none of that happened.

Instead Jennie had wrapped her arms around Mino’s shoulders, her face pressed against his neck. At the same time Mino pressed undeniably loving kisses to her hair and forehead, whispering softly in her ear, with his eyes closed.

Wha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter