Run to you

Waiting for her
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mino was angry. So ing angry.

ing press. ing media.

ing Dispatch.

 

Wasn’t it already enough that they had hunted him down last year over some posts he had liked on Twitter?

Now it was Jennie. They had been hunting her down since her dating news with Kai-sunbaenim had hit the internet. Anti-fans had been triggered by the news and had been slaughtering her online for days now.

He had been lying awake on his bed last night, listening to some music, when his phone had rung, her face lighting up the screen.

“Yeoboseoh? Jen?” Mino asked worriedly as he sat up in bed, chest and clad in black sweatpants, his bleached hair up in a bun.

He could only hear her crying. Big, heart wrenching sobs echoing through the phone.

“Mino…” she cried between hickups.

Mino could feel the anger rising up in his gut. It was driving him mad that he could not protect her. Shield her against the bad in the world. The sickos, the antis or the intrusive press.

“Where are you?” he demanded to know.

“Downstairs. In the stairwell.” Jennie only whimpered.

Mino nearly fell out of bed when he heard her uttering those words.

He got up immediately, nearly stumbling over his feet in his hurry to get up.

“Don’t move. I’ll be there in five minutes. Did you hear me? Don’t move.” he barked.

“Okay.” she sniffled.

Mino threw on a sweater, some shoes and grabbed a blanket before he hurried out of the room.

It was 2am in the morning, so nobody was awake.

Two minutes later he blasted through the door to the stairwell and stopped nearly dead in his tracks, when he saw her sitting on the stairs.

She was wearing a dark blue hoodie, faded jeans and sneakers. Her hair was up in a messy bun and her face wet from tears.

“Mino!” she choked out and without even thinking if it was appropriate or not, he wordlessly wrapped her up in the blanket he brought and pressed her slim body against his, his arms around her.

She was shivering like a leaf in the wind, pressing her tearstained face into his chest.

“Ssssh.” Mino cooed, his hands rubbing her arms, her back and the nape of her neck. “It’s okay. You’re safe. I am here. I won’t let anybody harm you.” he whispered again and again. “Let’s get out of here. You must be freezing.”

And with that he hoisted her up in his arms and made his way up to Winner’s apartment.

Jennie was curled up in his arms, her face pressed against his neck.

Any other day, his raging hormones would have burned a hole through the wall, but right now all he could feel was her pain and her fear. Sending him into a rampant protective mode.

When they arrived in his room, he closed the door and sat her on his bed. His tabby cat, who normally didn’t like women but who had a very soft spot for Jennie, wandered over immediately, let out a few worried meows and curled up against the crying young women.

Mino took a deep breath to calm down and knelt down in front of Jennie, his eyes on the same level as hers, his hands resting on his knees, even though they were itching to touch her.

“What happened?” he carefully whispered, not wanting to scare her away. He was just slowly coming to grips that she was here. That she had come to him in her time of need.

It had been a hellish week for him. After her dating news had come out, he had hid in his room, drawing painti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter