Home

Waiting for her
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He was tired.

He was starving.

He was cold.

His hair and clothes were drenched.

He felt like his smile was frozen into place.

“ACTION!”

Mino coiled his sore muscles and swaggered towards the camera, meticulously showing off the Addidas Logo on his coat.

Lisa, Blackpink’s main dancer, who was standing next to him, threw a pose, but through the artificial rain, Mino could see that her lips were turning blue as well.

“CUT! Outfit change and new scene, please!” yelled the director, who was sitting comfortably under an umbrella, donned with a thick scarf and warm mittens.

“Aish…” mumbled Mino in an irritated tone, which caused Lisa to glance at him and to chuckle.

“Yah, Mino-sunbaenim.” she mocked in an amused tone “Are your old bones getting cold?”

Mino had to stifle a snicker. Lisa and him had a close sibling-like relationship, as had most of the members of Winner and Blackpink.

“I just hate rain. I’d prefer to..”

Before he could continue, Lisa interrupted him with a knowing smile.

“Cozy up at home with Jhonny and Jen?”

Mino glanced around, checking if anybody had heard what Lisa had just said. He wasn’t keen on strangers and outsiders picking up on his love life. He had no qualms whatsoever to be open with whom he loved, among close friends and colleagues.

But when it came to the general public, he couldn’t help to be highly protective of his relationship with Jennie.

 

2020 had been a rollercoaster so far for all of them. First the pandemic, the enlistment of some of WINNER’s members and just recently Blackpink’s and Mino’s solo comeback.

Jennie and Mino had been trying their utmost to see each other as often as possible, but nowadays Mino had been busy with his exhibition in London and his solo album. Jennie had a Netflix camera following her everywhere.

Lost in his thoughts, he snapped back to reality when he felt a small, warm hand on his arm. He lowered his head and a set of understanding eyes was looking up at him.

“She misses you. Every day. And she loves you. A lot. You know that, right?” Lisa enquired with a nearly pleading tone.

Mino smiled warmly, patting the hand grabbing his arm. People, especially friends, around them tended to be concerned about the time they had to spend apart. Many tried to reassure them about their relationship.

There was no need for it.

“Lalalisa.” Mino replied in a soothing tone. “Don’t worry. I know.”

“It’s just…we have all been so busy. And I see her missing you on a daily basis. She doesn’t sleep and eat well.” Mino lifted his head and narrowed his dark eyes at that “And she keeps wearing that sweater you gave her.”

“What do you mean by ‘not eating and sleeping properly’? Mino

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter