Part 02

Meow My Life

“I can’t believe I seriously followed through with your planned and fostered this cat.” Jinyoung states as he closes the door into his dorm behind him. He glares at Jaebeom who plops himself down on the couch. Jinyoung was still holding Mark in his arms as Mark refused to be held by anyone else.

“Like I said Jinyoung, I am not letting this cat die under-.”

“Yeah yeah yeah, I got it! Under the blazing heat. You said this about a million times already.” Jinyoung responds back a bit annoyed.

If Mark could actually speak he wants to thank this Jaebeom guy. If it wasn’t for his persistence and love for cats he wouldn’t have ended up in his so-called ‘soulmate’s’ dorm. He thought back how Yugyeom looked at him then glanced at Jinyoung when he overheard Jaebeom’s words from earlier. How Mark frantically shook his head hoping Yugyeom understood what he meant. Thank goodness he did when he dragged Jackson away with him after exchanging a few words with the guys.

“Do you think he’s hungry? He looks so skinny, maybe he hasn’t eaten food for a while.” Youngjae pipes up looking at Mark in Jinyoung’s arm. Mark can only let out a meow for a yes because his two friends didn’t bother feeding him before bringing him out to the store.

“Jaebeom, give me the can of cat food you bought at the store. I know you bought one once you saw the cat.” Jinyoung demands as Jaebeom sits up in bed not denying it at all. He goes to the black plastic bag rummaging inside and grabs out a can of tuna for cats. Mark makes a disgusted face that goes unnoticed. He hates fish. Out of all the cat food he bought it had to be fish.

“Here,” Extending his hand out Jinyoung takes the can before placing Mark on the couch beside Jaebeom who went back to take his seat. A dorm was a dorm consisting of half a kitchen, a small living room, one bathroom, and one room where two small beds managed to fit inside. Mark has seen the same layout in Jackson’s and Yugyeom’s dorm room. He was just lucky to be able to rent an apartment for himself with the help of his parents. “How are you going to explain this situation to Bambam?”

“I don’t know,” Jinyoung’s voice gets muffled as the male moves around in the kitchen opening a cabinet and closing it. “Hopefully he just goes along with it.”

“Bambam’s nice and so layback I’m sure he will.” Youngjae comments taking a seat next to Mark’s unoccupied spot on the couch.

“Associating Bambam with the word ‘nice’ is hard to believe. He’s just as bad as Jaebeom, annoying me half to death as if I don’t get enough of that from Jaebeom already.”

“We know you secretly enjoy his presence just as much as you do with mine.” Jaebeom grins as Jinyoung rolls his eyes. Mark sits quietly as he watches Jinyoung open the can of tuna to pour on a white plate.

“Alright, Youngjae bring the cat over to the dining table.” Jinyoung instructs as Youngjae glances down at Mark nervously.

“Be a good kitty okay?” Youngjae mutters extending his arms out towards Mark who lets him pick him up and settle him on the dining table. Although, Mark has no intention of eating the food. What better way to announce he hates fish by pushing it off the table? The plastic white plate crashes on the table making a mess on the floor.

“Yah!” Jinyoung yells kneeling down quickly to start cleaning the mess. “I can’t believe you pushed it off the table!” He glares up at Mark who looks back at him with a blank face letting out a ‘meow’ that only irks Jinyoung more. Squinting his eyes at him, “You ungrateful little .” He mutters as Youngjae gasps smacking Jinyoung on the shoulder.

“Jinyong hyung you can’t use that kind of language towards your cat!”

“He’s not mine, I’m just fostering him for now. I’m hoping to get him out of here by next week.” Jinyoung says through gritted teeth. Mark lets out cries of defiance from hearing his words.

“You’re making him cry again hyung.” 

Jinyoung groans as he finishes scooping up the tuna on to the plate before going into the kitchen to wet a rag. “Let him cry all he wants.”

Rude.’ Mark calls out.

“If he doesn’t want to eat his food then fine, but I’m hungry so I’m eating.” Jinyoung says opening up his fridge to grab out a container.

“What you got there?” Jaebeom attempts to peer over the couch to catch a glimpse.

“Bambam made leftover cooked chicken from last night. I’m just gonna toss it in the microwave to reheat and eat it with rice.”

Chicken?’ Mark ears twitch from the word. ‘Chicken sounds good.’

“Sounds delicious,” Jaebeom replies with not much enthusiasm.

“It’s better than what I can cook.”

Getting up from the couch Jaebeom drapes an arm around Youngjae’s shoulder. “You sure you don’t want to order any pizza? Youngjae and I were planning on splitting the bill for it. If you want some we can include you in as well.”

“Nah, you forgot that I’m practically a broke college student. I’ll just stick with the food I have here.”

Jaebeom shrugs as he whips out his cell phone, “Suit yourself.” Thirty minutes later Mark watches Jinyoung grumble under his breath as he eats his meal. He was sitting at the dining table where Jinyoung was previously eating at. Meanwhile, Jaebeom and Youngjae eat happily at the couch watching television. If there was one thing Mark learned about his soulmate thus far he was stubborn and petty.

“Why are you guys even eating here and occupying my television?” Jinyoung asks as Jaebeom throws him a quick glance.

“Technically the television is funded by the university.”

“Jinyoung hyung stop being stubborn and just take a slice of the pizza. I’ll pay for your share.” At that offer, Jinyoung jumps with a big grin on his face.

“This is why you’re my lovely dongsaeng Youngjae-ah. I love you.” He coos wrapping his arms around Youngjae to hug him. He leans his head on his shoulder as Youngjae laughs. 

Mark, on the other hand, examines the scene before turning to the food Jinyoung left behind. He was starving and the food smelt too good to be denied consuming and so he approaches it cautiously. Making sure the three males were still occupied with each other he quickly leaned into the bowl to take a nip of the chicken. He could swear he heard the angels in heaven sing as he quickly takes another nip and before he began devouring the food.

“Yah!” Jinyoung hollers after him for the second time that afternoon. Mark began to wonder if he’s going to be called after like this every single time. Jinyoung finally took notice of Mark eating his food and quickly dashed over with a plate of pizza in hand. “That’s mine!” He shouts attempting to grab the bowl and pull it away. However, Mark Just follows and began devouring the food even faster. “Yah, if you were hungry why didn’t you eat your own food when I gave you it?” Jinyoung pouts attempting to move the bowl away again with no success.

“Just let him eat it.” Jaebeom intervenes coming over to inspect the ruckus. “Jesus, Jinyoung quit acting like a baby and let the cat have your food. He’s finally eating which is a good sign. You can have the rest of the pizza if you want.” With a ‘hmph’ Jinyoung marches back to where Youngjae was.

Jaebeom looks between Mark and Jinyoung and shakes his head. “I don’t even know why this cat is so smitten with you when you don’t reciprocate the same feelings.”

I honestly don’t have a choice. He’s my last resort.’ Mark thinks staring up at Jaebeom his lips.

“Aren’t you a cutie.” Jaebeom says with a boyish grin petting Mark’s head before he gets a chance to react. If Mark didn’t know better, he would have judged Jaebeom as a tough and chic character based on his appearance. Guess people were right when they say you shouldn’t judge a book by its cover.

For the rest of the afternoon went by smoothly as Mark left the three males alone as he explored the dorm. It was kept nicely which was a plus if Mark was to temporarily live here. He could also easily decipher which bed was to be Jinyoung’s. His roommate was the complete opposite of his soulmate’s character. Where there were Korean girl and male groups posters plastered on one side of the room, the other was kept clean and empty. Judging Jinyoung’s character Mark assumes he’s an intellectual who prefers reading a lot and one bedside has a lot more books compared to other.

Compared to this morning, Mark adapted being in a cat form (sadly) and jumps on to the bed cleared of any electronic devices (Jinyoung’s bed) and made himself comfortable. He was dozing off when the door to the room opens and a yelp startles him awake. A slender male with brown hair stares at Mark in awe.

“Jinyoung hyung when I said to loosen up a little I didn’t mean to straight up break one of the school’s law.” The slender male said loud enough for the said guy to hear. Jinyoung comes rushing to the room in seconds trying to explain himself.

“First off, I didn’t want to break the law it was all Jaebeom’s idea. Secondly, I’m only fostering this kitty temporarily until I find him a forever home. Thirdly, Bambam, don’t tell the school or else I’ll have to kill you.” Jinyoung said the last part jokingly as Bambam enters the room tossing his light flannel on top of his bed.

“No worries, I won’t tell and I actually love cats.” Bambam answers excitedly turning to Mark with sparkling eyes. “Come here kitty!” He extends his arms out making grabbing motions.

“I wouldn’t do that if I were-” Jinyoung didn’t even get to finish his sentence when Mark hisses at Bambam and attempts to scratch at him. Bambam yelps jumping back. “Apparently, this kitty seems to hate anyone who tries to approach him. For some reason, however, he likes me.” He shrugs as Bambam turns to stare at him questionably.

“Perhaps this cat is the devil. I mean, like attracts like right?”

Narrowing his eyes on Bambam, Jinyoung crosses his arms across his chest. “I would most definitely kill you right now if I didn’t eat your last leftover chicken .”

Mark watches as Bambam’s eyes widen, “YOU ATE MY LEFTOVER CHICKEN ?”

“Technically I didn’t finish eating it. Halfway through eating it, I went to eat pizza instead, but the cat finished it.” Jinyoung reasons as Bambam shakes his head in disbelief.

“Ugh, sometimes I hate you and I want a new roommate.” 

Jinyoung laughs at that statement while covering his mouth in the process. “The feelings mutual.” He teases, “Also clean your up it’s a mess over on your bedside.” 

“Hey, as long as it doesn’t cross over to your area then it’s fine.” Pointing at thumb over at Mark, ”I’ll forgive you for giving my leftover food to the cat because he’s so cute. Does it have a name?”

“I’m temporarily fostering him so why would I give him a name?” Jinyoung asks scrunching his brows a little.

“Just look at him. He looks to cute to not be a called a nickname even if it’s temporary. The word cat and kitty do not give him justice.” Bambam explains as Mark lets out a meow protesting the idea. “See! Even the cat agrees with me.”

‘I said no you idiot! Ugh, nobody understands and I don’t even know why I keep trying to talk.’

“Just think about all the nicknames you can choose from to call him, temporarily of course.”

“I’ve been shouting ‘yah’ at him the whole afternoon.”

Jinyoung’s response as Bambam making a face as he shakes his head. “That’s so lame man bro.”

He gives a nonchalance shrug, “I’m going back outside before Jaebeom finishes off the whole pizza. Don’t do anything to the cat and just leave him be.” He backtracks out the doorway and disappears as Mark can hear shouts coming out of Jinyoung. He wants to cry because someone for once finally understood what he wants. Being alone and just being call cat. Perhaps Jinyoung was his soulmate after all.

Mark’s first day of becoming a cat was almost over. He was staring at the wall clock with the shorthand pointing at ten o’clock. With nothing to do he was still lying on Jinyoung’s bed, Jaebeom and Youngjae had left three hours ago. The young male named Bambam was currently asleep on his bed with headphones over his ears. He whips his tail back and forth when a sudden urge of needing to use the bathroom comes over him. He meows as he gets up and jumps down from the bed. The bedroom door was at least left open so he could go out and look for Jinyoung. Mark refused to call him his owner because he was not a pet. He was going to miraculously wake up one day and be back in his human form.

Mark finds Jinyoung cleaning the dorm as he was in the kitchen washing the dishes. He noticed Jinyoung’s hair was still wet from having come out the shower not long ago. Deciding to sit a few feets away from Jinyoung he lets out a meow to get his attention. It worked as Jinyoung looks towards him before turning off the faucet. Wiping his hands dry he walks towards Mark and kneels down in front of him. The both of them just stared at each other as if the both of them were waiting for each other to say something.

Jinyoung tilts his head to the side, “Do you need something?”

‘I need to use the bathroom!’

“Guessing by your urgent cries this must be very important. You need to eat again?”

‘I. NEED. TO. USE. THE. BATHROOM.’

“Let me just see-hey where are you going?” Jinyoung says watching Mark turn around walking away from him.

‘Don’t get mad at me if I end up having an accident in your dorm!’

Walking towards the bathroom door he nudges it open more to walk inside. He hears the footstep of Jinyoung trailing after him. Going towards the toilet he scratches at it hoping Jinyoung understood him this time.

“Oh, you need to use the bathroom! Silly me, you haven’t gone since forever. But I don’t have a cat litter box nor is it a good idea to place one here. What if someone sees and-”

Mark hisses at Jinyoung for rambling. He got his point across so he better hurry the up and let him do his business.

“Okay! I’ll just um take you out on campus for now.” Jinyoung scurries out of the bathroom and comes back wearing a loose grey zip-up hoodie. Scooping Mark up into his arms he places him against his chest before trying to zip up his hoodie hiding him. “Be good and stay quiet if you want to continue living with me.” Mark was silent and only poked his head out a little as Jinyoung makes his way down the dorm building and out onto the campus. He walks them to an area with a minimal amount of students. The coast was clear when they found a bench with minimum lighting and bush. Jinyoung s his hoodie and places Mark on the grass. “Alright, go ahead and go. If you don’t come back within five minutes I’m going to assume you ran away. But hey that’s fine by me if you want.”

You’re unbelievable. I’m going to stick by you like a RICE CAKE.’ With that Mark heads towards a bush, he sighs in despair (for being a cat) and satisfaction (for doing his business). Minutes later he walks back towards Jinyoung who took a seat on the bench. He was scrolling through his phone immersed in his own business not noticing Mark coming back. Mark scratches his sweat pants causing Jinyoung to jerk his legs out in shock.

“You scared me, goodness!” He whispers scooping Mark back up in his arms to hide him back in his hoodie. “I’m starting to believe you understand what I’m saying since you came back to me.”

Meow.

It was only an hour later when Mark found himself being placed in the living room couch when the whole dorm room lights turn off. He lets out a whine before running to the bedroom. The door was closed and no light was on which meant Bambam and Jinyoung were already in their bed sleeping. But Mark refused to sleep on a couch, he wants a bed and blankets to cover himself with. Scratching on the door he whines loudly to get either one of their attention. Mark wasn’t sure how long he called for, but those two didn’t seem to budge. Either they were fast asleep heavy sleepers or they chose to ignore him. Just when Mark was about to give up the door swings open.

“Jinyoung hyung take your cat so he can stop whining!” Bambam complains, he scoops him up and in a hurried manner drops Mark on top of Jinyoung who lets out an ‘oomph’ before marching back to his bed. “Now let me sleep and good night.” Pulling the blanket over himself he turns around to face the wall away from Jinyoung and Mark.

“Kitty, what do you want now?” Jinyoung whispers sitting up a little with a hint of annoyance laced in his voice. He stares at Mark who was sitting in his lap.

‘I am not sleeping on the damn couch and if I have to play cute as a cat just to get a bed to sleep in, then you damn right I will.’

“Are you giving me cute cat eyes right now? Nuh uh, you can’t sleep in my bed. That’s mine.” Jinyoung whispers as Mark ignores him, coming closer to Jinyoung to begin making a spot beside him. “Gosh, it's pointless.” Flopping back down as his head hits his pillow Mark took the chance to nuzzle his head against Jinyoung’s neck as a thank you. “You know what’s weird? For a stray, you smell nice. Like flower detergent. That’s weird.” Jinyoung comments laying still as Mark makes himself comfortable to sleep around Jinyoung’s shoulder and neck. He was cold and Jinyoung’s body heat acted like a heater.

The last thing Mark remembers before falling asleep was hearing Jinyoung’s breathing and the feel of a hand scratching his head gently.

When Mark wakes up the next day he was curled up in a ball on Jinyoung’s bed with a baby blue blanket covering his body. Turning to look at the clock on the wall his eyes widen in surprise. It was already twelve in the afternoon, he practically slept throughout the whole day. Bambam wasn’t on his bed and the bedroom door was left ajar. Laughter and a ruckus were heard coming from outside in the living room. Getting up, Mark stretches his body and lets out a yawn before jumping down the bed to head outside. The scene he walked into left him confused.

Yugyeom, his tall friend, was sitting on the living room couch of Jinyoung and Bambam’s living room. Bambam was sitting beside him watching television making silly commentaries.

“Oh, you’re awake.” Jinyoung voice comes up behind him as he picks him up to place him on the dining table. “You’re probably hungry by now. So eat up,” He places a plate of what looks chicken that was cut up nicely. “It’s the same food you ate yesterday since I’m not sure what you liked.” Without complaining, Mark began eating his food. When he was finished Jinyoung was in the process of washing the dishes to notice Mark. He took this chance to jump off the table in hopes of visiting Yugyeom. He jumps on to the coffee table placed between the couch and the television to stare at Bambam and Yugyeom.

“Oh, Yugyeom! Did you know Jinyoung hyung adopted a cat?” Bambam asks as Jinyoung shouts back.

“I’m only FOSTERING him.”

“Yeah, yeah, you spent money and bought him a litter box. That says a lot since you’re such a frugal person!” Bambam hollers back teasingly.

“I’m going to murder you once day Bambam just you watch!”

As the two roommates began bickering with each other Yugyeom took the chance to pick Mark up from the coffee table. “Hey Bam, I’m just gonna go use the bathroom real quick. Be right back!” He darts to the bathroom closing the door shut behind him as he locks it. “Mark hyung!” Yugyeom whispers so Bambam and Jinyoung doesn’t hear him. Placing Mark on the sink counter Yugyeom beams excitedly at him. “I can’t believe my luck in seeing you again! Who would have thought Bambam, my childhood friend I bumped into at the festival, actually dorms with your soulmate? Jackson hyung will be so happy to hear this!” Yugyeom rambles as Mark lets out a meow.

‘Let me guess, Jackson was sad I was gone.’

“Jackson hyung would not stop complaining about how I gave you to some strangers. Even though I explained to him one of the guys was your soulmate. So anyways how’s my little guy?” Yugyeom asks with a huge grin on his face. He has the decency to tease Mark when the older was in the form of a cat. He pets Mark’s head as Mark refuse to show how nice that felt with a stoic face. “So how is it living with your soulmate? He seems nice, Bambam said he woke up early in the morning just to go to the store and buy you a litter box and blanket. Have you fallen for him yet? Ouch!” Pulling his hand away to inspect his index finger Yugyeom looks at him in shock. “Did you just bit‍ me?”

‘Yes and there’s a lot more if you keep teasing me.’

“Geesh, even in your cat form you’re mean to me.” Yugyeom sulks picking Mark up to hold in front of him.

‘Only when you deserve it.’

“We should probably head back outside. Don’t worry, I’ll bring Jackson hyung here next time I visit.” With caution, Yugyeom opens the bathroom door slowly to peak through the crack. Once the coast was clear he opens the door and lets Mark down on the floor. “Good luck, Mark,” Yugyeom whispers encouragingly. It was a nice gesture, but Mark wasn’t exactly sure what he needed to do for himself in order to break this curse.

‘Guess I have a whole summer vacation to find out until then.’

So his days as a cat continued on during the summer. During the second and third week of summer break and being a cat he discovered many things. 

  1. Jackson was introduced to Jinyoung and Bambam by Yugyeom. However, the ladder didn’t seem to care for the first five minutes as he over exaggeratingly kneeled down to the floor shuffling towards Mark with puppy eyes. He scooped Mark up in his arms crying about how much he missed him. Jinyoung and Bambam definitely looked at Jackson weirdly. After that scene, Jackson was back to his social self and got along fairly well with Jinyoung and Bambam.
  2. He definitely got across to Jinyoung that he absolutely will not eat cat food by the second week. Even though he was a cat now, it doesn’t mean he will try and eat cat food. Mark was a human. By the seventh attempt of Jinyoung feeding Mark cat food with the plate ending up on the floor the young male almost murdered him. If not for Bambam holding him back Mark was pretty sure he would have ended up homeless. So he’s grateful to the Thai male (which Mark found out on the third day of living with them).
  3. By the third week, Jinyoung still attempts to have him sleep outside the living room with the blue blanket he bought him. It’s a fight between Mark and him every night at the bedroom door. Bambam had had enough of the scratching stating, “If you guys keep this up I’m going to report to the dorm supervisor.” That quieted the both of them up.

So here is Mark in his fourth week of being a cat. It was already August and this meant he head until two weeks left before school officially picks back up again. He was running out of time and Mark dreads the ending outcome. He certainly hasn’t fallen for his soulmate and his soulmate certainly did not fall in love with him. How could he? He was a cat for goodness sake. Jinyoung honestly has not shown any sign in wanting to keep Mark. How Mark is still living with them is a wonder to him.

A female actress was running for her life as she just barely managed to escape death. Jaebeom had come over an hour ago bringing a rented DVD and snuck on a cheap red wine for both Jinyoung and him. It was thriller movie of some sort and Mark found himself sitting on the far side of the couch with Jaebeom watching the film as well. It wasn’t until Jinyoung came back from the kitchen with a bowl of popcorn did Mark take his eyes off the tv. Jinyoung plops himself back down on the floor with his back leaning against the middle of the sofa. His legs go to spread underneath the coffee table.

Mark eyes Jinyoung as the younger brings popcorn to his mouth to munch on.

“Hey, Jinyoung-ah, give me some,” Jaebeom demands without taking his eyes off the screen. The bowl was extended towards Jaebeom who took a few in popcorns into his hand. The bowl makes its way back to Jinyoung who decided to bend his knees and situate the bowl of popcorn between his legs and chest. Mark lets out a meow for attention. He wanted some popcorn too. But, of course, his words were ignored. Squinting his eyes for disapproval Mark decided to take matters into his own hands.

He slowly made his way to Jinyoung’s right shoulder and looks down at the bowl of popcorn. Settling his left paw on Jinyoung’s shoulder he waited for the ladder to notice him. After a few seconds of waiting, he goes to place his other paw on his shoulder before leaning forward. He could almost one of the popcorn when Jinyoung’s voice rumbles in his ears.

“Hey, you can’t have any of this. Is it even safe for you?” Jinyoung asks holding the bowl in his left hand in an attempt to bring it away from Mark. But Mark was determined, he placed his paws onto Jinyoung’s head and attempts to scratch him. “Yah! That hurts!”

“Meow!”

“Stop it!”

“What’s going on here?” Bambam asks coming out from the bedroom. 

“Jinyoung is fighting with his cat.” Jaebeom answers grabbing the bowl of popcorn out of Jinyoung’s hand.

“He’s not my-ow-cat!” Jinyoung responds back successfully grabbing Mark from behind his head. He brings him over his head to hold out in front of him.

“You guys look ridiculous.” Bambam comments earning both Mark and Jinyoung to turn to him with glaring eyes.

“Shut up!”

“Meow!”

“Wow, you guys are made for each other. Just look at the similar glare. Anyways, I’ll see you tomorrow. I’m hanging out with Yugyeom and crashing over at his place. Bye!” With that, he made his way over to the front door and closes it behind him.

“Well the movie just ended and it’s getting quite late. I gotta go home and check on my cats before heading to bed.” Getting up from the couch Jaebeom places down the bowl of popcorn that has decreased significantly. Stretching his body he goes towards the DVD player to gather the disc. Once Jaebeom gathered everything and was standing by the door he glances back at Jinyoung who was busy sipping his wine. Mark was eating the popcorn from the bowl as Jinyoung gave up on blocking him from it. “I’ll see myself out and don’t get too drunk Jinyoung.”

With a wave Jinyoung watches Jaebeom leave and sighs out loud. “I hope you're allowed to eat popcorn. I don’t want you to die on my watch.” Mark lets out a meow and looks up from the popcorn bowl. “You are unlike any of the cats I’ve seen before. Do you even like me?”

“Meow.”

And that was the start of Jinyoung talking to Mark. It didn’t help when Jinyoung got tipsy too. Mark found out he was a light drinker when he was halfway through his second glass of wine. His cheeks were pink and his eyes were glossy with mischievous written over it. The guy kept rambling to him with a giggle and his eyes forms crescent. Little wrinkles around the corner of his eyes and the sight of him with his hoodie pulled over his head was a soft sight to see.

“You know I don’t get why you like to sleep on my bed. I mean, I bought you a blanket for you to cuddle and sleep with outside on the couch.”

“You would pick the bed over a couch too.”

“Unless you really do like me.”

“Honestly, not really.”

“You do, don’t you?” Jinyoung sits upright suddenly and stares at Mark who was lying on the coffee table. A giggle escapes his lips as he scoops Mark up snuggling him against his chest. “To be honest you’re not quite bad yourself. Don’t tell Jaebeom, but I am considering fostering you.” Another giggle, “You like it here don’t you?”

Maybe.”

“Mmmm, I bet you said yes. Alright, I’m going to go shower and head to bed. You can go into the bedroom and sleep on Bambam’s bed he won’t know.” Heading inside the bedroom with Mark in his arms, Jinyoung places him on Bambam’s bed before heading to his closet drawers to grab his pajamas. Mark watches him leave and decides to settle in Bambam’s bed as told. However, the smell of the ladder’s bed was not to his liking. (Not that Bambam’s beddings didn’t smell nice.) Just weeks of fighting to sleep on Jinyoung’s bed had him accustomed to the fragrance that lulls him to sleep.

Hoping off Bambam’s bed only to make his way back up to settle in Jinyoung’s bed, Mark makes himself comfortable and closes his eyes. He was sleeping peacefully when he suddenly hears the bedroom door opens. Opening one eye he sees Jinyoung drying his hair with a towel before he notices Mark on his bed.

“You like my bed that much huh?” Jinyoung asks with an amused smile. It looks like even with a shower Jinyoung was still somewhat tipsy. “Fine, you can sleep with me tonight but don’t get accustomed to this.” Turning off the bedroom light, Jinyoung makes his way to his bed. Mark makes his way towards Jinyoung’s pillow so the younger could get in bed. Once the younger was situated Mark wasn’t expecting the next action to be taken place.

Jinyoung turns to him motioning for Mark to come closer. “Come here,” he cooed picking Mark up surprising him. Jinyoung nuzzles Mark’s face with his own with a smile. “You know, you’re not so bad of a cat. I may yell at you but now that I think about it you haven’t done anything that drove me over the edge. Unlikes Jaebeom’s cats…” Jinyoung trails off staring at Mark who only blinks at him.

‘What is this tipsy guy trying to say?’

“If I’m going to finally foster you, you will need a name. What should I call you?”

‘God, no. Please just stick to kitty or yah.’

“Mmmm ah!” Jinyoung exclaims looking at Mark with sparkling eyes. His eyes were forming crescents shapes once more. Mark has a bad feeling about this. “I’m going to call you wine because, I, for one love drinking wine, but also because you tend to whine a lot. Get it?” Jinyoung asks biting back a laugh as his eye whiskers showcase on his face. Mark was not finding his pun funny at all. He continues to stare at Jinyoung with an unamused face as Jinyoung whines. “Oh come on, you have to admit that it was funny Wine.”

‘No, I don’t and my name is Mark not Wine. If you’re going to give me a name then call me Mark.’

“Wine Wine Wine Wine.” Jinyoung cooes bringing Mark closer to his face where he nuzzles his nose with Mark’s. “You like me right? As much as I don’t want to admit it, I like you too.” He plants a kiss directly on Mark’s mouth before settling him aside. “Good night, Wine.” Turning to his side Jinyoung leaves Mark to sit on the bed in shock.

This Jinyoung guy just stole my first male kiss!' If Mark was human he was sure someone would be able to notice his growing pink cheeks.

 

 


I apologies for any grammatical errors! Enjoy and happy #5YearsWithGot7 ! ♡