Part 03

Meow My Life

Jinyoung stands with his arms crossed over his chest, eyes scrutinizing Bambam, “Is this really necessary?”

Bambam who was currently doing a weird hula wave dance with his eyes closed commented back, “Of course! I’m celebrating for being right.”

“And this is worth celebrating about?”

“Because I’m proven to be right!” Bambam pumps a fist in the air as triumph coarse through his veins. Only he receives a smack on the head by Jinyoung annoyed by the younger’s action.

“You’re so annoying sometimes and worth hitting for.” Jinyoung replies back kneeling in front of Mark who was sitting on top of the dining table. “Isn’t that right Wine?” Jinyoung cooes edging closer towards Mark. Mark only looks away from Jinyoung to avoid eye contact. Jinyoung follows him only for Mark to look back the other way as Bambam cackles behind them.

“Oh my god, your cat is ignoring you! He must hate his name!” Bambam doubles over in laughter as he clutches his arms over his abdomen.

“No, he doesn’t,” Jinyoung pouts with concern and second thoughts appearing over his face. Mark wasn’t upset that Jinyoung was calling him Wine. Although, he prefers to be called Mark. However, he was avoiding looking at Jinyoung under different circumstances. He couldn’t help blushing whenever he even thinks of Jinyoung. Last night memory of Jinyoung planting a sweet kiss on his lips still kept his heart beating tremendously. “Wine~ why are you avoiding me?”

“Maybe he’s shy because you’re being extra nice to him all of a sudden.” Yugyeom, who was over at the dorm suddenly pipes up.

“No one asked you for your opinion.” Jinyoung retorts back glaring at Yugyeom sitting on the couch. “And why are you even over?”

“Bambam wanted to change his clothes before we head out with Jackson hyung who’s meeting us here. You know, you should come out with us and enjoy the sun. You could bring the cat as well.” Yugyeom offers as he glances at Mark who meows in approval. He hasn’t stepped out of the dorm in so long since being a cat.

“I don’t know, what if Wine runs away?” Jinyoung questions. Mark remember just weeks ago how Jinyoung took him out on campus to do his business. Back then he couldn’t care less if Mark ran away from him. Boy how things changed.

“You could invest in getting him a cat harness?” Bambam suggests as Jinyoung shook his head.

“No, I’m too broke to even buy him a pet carrier.”

“I’m sure you can just hold him. He won’t run away even if he wants to.” Yugyeom comments as Jinyoung looks at him weirdly from the last sentence. Jinyoung was about to question him about it when a knock from the front door interrupted him.

“Knock knock!” Jackson’s excited voice was heard through the door. “It’s me, Jackson!”

Bambam went to answer it, as the door opens the blonde flashes Bambam and the rest of the guys a smile. “Who's ready to go for a swim?” Jackson asks excitedly.

Jinyoung crosses his arm, “You wanted me to take the cat to a beach pool?”

“Who said anything about going to a beach pool? We’re going to enjoy Mother Nature!” Swinging around Jackson pats his backpack that he was carrying around his back. “I have practically everything we need on this trip.”

“You know you could just borrow one of Jaebeom hyung’s cat carrier bag. I’m pretty sure he wouldn’t mind.” Bambam says as he swings the door open wider for Jackson to step inside.

“Ooh, are we bringing the cat with us?” Jackson beams staring at Mark like he was going to pounce and squish him.

Scooping up Mark in his arms protectively Jinyoung gives a scandalous glare towards Jackson. “His name is Wine and you can’t hug him.”

“Why not?” Jackson whines. “And why are you calling him Wine?”

“It’s what I chose to call him since I’m officially adopting him.”

“Why Wine? Don’t you think a name like Mark sounds better?” Jackson asks emphasizing on the name. That only earns a questioning gaze from Jinyoung who snuggles Mark closer to his chest as if protecting him.

“No, I think Wine is just fine, thank you.” Jinyoung quickly plants a kiss on top of Mark’s head. Mark lets out a meow in surprise as he feels himself blushing once more. “I think I’ll just try calling Jaebeom to see if he could lend me his cat carrier bag. You better not do anything to him while I’m gone.” The last statement was directed at Jackson as the male opened his mouth in shock.

“What are you implying? I’ll have you know all animals and humans love me!” The blonde shouts after Jinyoung who was making his way into his shared room with Bambam.

“Well, I should get changed so we can head out quickly.” Turning on his heels Bambam follows Jinyoung inside the room to change leaving Mark, Jackson, and Yugyeom alone.

“Markiepooh,” Jackson cooes quickly scooping Mark in his arms, “how are you hanging in there my buddy? You can still understand us, can you? You’re not a hundred percent cat now, are you? Mark, hiss at me if you understand what I’m saying.” Jackson was firing questions after questions that Mark was having a hard time keeping up, but he heard the last one clearly and so he let out a hiss.

“Oh, my poor Markiepooh!” Snuggling his face against Mark’s Jackson turns to look at Yugyeom. “He’s still in a cat form, what are we going to do?”

“For starters, Jinyoung adopted him so that’s a good sign.” Tapping his chin in deep thought Yugyeom glances at Mark. “Mark hyung have you tried giving him a kiss? You know like in Beauty and the Beast? Maybe a kiss will break this curse.”

‘If that stolen first kiss is any indication of breaking this curse then it didn’t work!’

“Yugyeom he’s meowing frantically, I think he’s using foul language at us again.”

“I think so too.”

Mark sighs internally for having two idiots as friends. He can’t wait to actually give them a piece of his mind once he’s back in his human form. Just then the door to the bedroom opens and both Bambam and Jinyoung come out. Bambam was dressed in a white t-shirt and black swimming trunks as if he’s heading to the beach.

Throwing his hands up in excitement Bambam yells excitedly. “Alright, I’m all ready so let’s go and hit the nature bro!”

Jinyoung grimace with a light backpack similar to Jackson behind him. “You’re embarrassing, seriously. I need to wait for Jaebeom to drop off the cat carrier bag. If you just send me the location I can get there myself Jackson.”

“Nonsense! We’re all getting there together. We can invite Jaebeom to come along as well. The more the merrier!”

(=^・ω・^=)

“No, I’ll skip it. Thank you though.”

“What?” Jackson gasps, “But why?” He whines as Jaebeom hands over the cat carrier bag to Jinyoung. The male shifts his bag satchel across his chest.

“It’s hot and I already made plans with Youngjae. I’m surprised you got Jinyoung to go out with you guys. He hates being in the sun too long just as much as me.”

“You can bring Youngjae along!” Jackson tries to suggesting. Jutting his lips out and flashing his puppy eyes.

“Um-no,” Jaebeom explains, “quite frankly your enthusiasm is a lot to get used to.”

Hearing that has Bambam and Yugyeom bursting out laughing, both men leaning on each other as they cackle. Jackson, on the other hand, was shocked with his mouth hanging wide open.

“Ex-excuse me?!”

Jinyoung goes to put a hand on Jackson’s shoulder. Patting him as he says, “That’s Jaebeom for you. Don’t worry he’ll get used to your enthusiasm and optimism soon. I mean, he got used to Youngjae.”

Glaring at Jinyoung, Jaebeom makes his way to the front door. “Youngjae’s energy isn’t quite off the bar like this guy.”

“I’m right here you know,” Jackson adds in only to be ignored by both men.

“I’ll see you guys, bye.”

A few goodbyes follow after as the front door closes shut. Jinyoung was busy putting Mark in the cat carrier who was putting up a fight as Jackson looks to Yugyeom and Bambam for reassurance.

“My enthusiasm is great right guys?”

“Of course, Jackson hyung!” Yugyeom tries to appease leaving Bambam’s side to wrap his arms around the older man's shoulder. “He’s quite a character.”

“Jinyoung hyung is right though. Jaebeom is just like that. He just needs to get used to you that’s all.” Bambam adds on sidling up to Jackson’s other side.

“Don’t let Jaebeom hear you talk about him without addressing him properly.” Jinyoung warns successfully putting Mark inside the carrier. He whines as Jinyoung zips up the bag.

“What about you then!” Bambam exclaims.

Waving him off Jinyoung flashes a smile at the three male looking at him. “I’ve known him since he had snot coming out of his nose. I’m an exception.” The three male groans at his comment. “Hey don’t hate and let's get going before I change my mind.”

“Alright, to Mother Nature!” Jackson yells his mood completely doing a three hundred sixty degrees turn. The silly male was now a beaming ray of energy.

 

“This is the perfect spot guys!” Jackson leads them to a big tree casting a huge shade underneath. The blonde has brought them to Mother Nature alright. The four male had been walking through a friendly park and halfway through there walk Jackson had led them astray from the path. Guiding them to an off park road that led them to a big tree and waterfall. The waterfall wasn’t huge. Just an average size one where you could carefully climb to the top and sit or dip your feet in the water to walk around.

“Isn’t this great?” Jackson asks to no one partially as Bambam and Yugyeom ran past him. Eager to take their shoes off to walk in the water. Jinyoung goes to settle himself under the big tree where the shade was. He was wearing a white long sleeve shirt and short pants. Brushing his hair up only for it to fall back down he goes to settle the pet carrier down on the grass.

“You won’t wander off if I let you out will you?”

‘Please let me out.’

With a smile appearing on Jinyoung’s face he quickly in zips the bag and open it for Mark to come out. Mark quickly gets out in fear of Jinyoung changing his mind. He lets out a meow as he stretches his body. Being cooped up in that bag for about two whole hours was exhausting. Mark glanced left and right of his surrounding. There was a gentle breeze to help keep the summer temperature cool. He could definitely fall asleep in this environment.

Mark made his way to the water to examine Jackson, Bambam, and Yugyeom’s craziness. It looked like they began a war of water splashing. He sat by the water watching them have fun and this made him longed for being a human again. How fun it would be if he got to play in the water and walk in it?

As if Jackson heard his thoughts, the blonde looks towards him with questioning eyes. He motions for Mark to come closer to the water as he himself made his way towards him. “I’ll watch you, Markie, if you want to swim in the water.” Jackson whispers as Mark came near. Mark lets out a meow before stepping into the water and begins to try paddling through the water. He had to remind himself to keep his head up on the surface as he swims around.

“Hey Jinyoung, look at your cat! He’s a swimming expert!” Jackson shouts pointing at Mark who’s swimming after Yugyeom and Bambam who’s calling for him encouragingly.

Jinyoung drops his book that he was holding to scurry over to what Jackson was talking about. His eyes widening as he points at Mark. “DID YOU PUSH HIM IN THERE JACKSON?!” Jinyoung shouts in horror while Mark hearing Jinyoung’s voice turns around to swim towards him. Mark sees his mouth covered by his hands as his eyes bulge out. “JACKSON, DO SOMETHING! HELP HIM!”

“What do you mean help him? He’s fine.” Jackson says looking at Mark then at Jinyoung with a blank face.

“Save him,” Jinyoung lips quiver in the slightest. Seeing Jinyoung in a state of distress Jackson walks towards Mark and gives a silent apology before scooping him up in his arms.

“There I ‘saved’ him,” Jackson says not quite understanding why Jinyoung was overreacting to Mark being in the water.

“Bring Wine here,” Jinyoung extends his hands out waiting for Jackson to hand Mark over to him. Mark lets out a meow in disagreement as he tries to wiggle his way out of Jinyoung’s grasp. “Wine,” Jinyoung whines holding him against his chest tighter. “You could have drowned and Jackson almost let you.”

“Hey! He was swimming fine!” Jackson defends himself as Jinyoung ignores him walking back to his spot under the big tree. Grabbing out a towel he goes to dry Mark as best as he could before placing him on top of the towel to bathe in the sunlight.

“Stay here with me, okay?” Petting Mark on his head Mark lets out another meow for a whine. He can’t believe Jinyoung wasn’t allowing him to have fun. He rather have the guy not care about him like before, but he finds he likes the pets and scratches Jinyoung was giving him behind his ears. Without knowing he found himself drifting asleep next to Jinyoung who went back to reading his book.

The rest of the day Mark found Jinyoung keeping a close eye on him. Afraid of him running away or possibly drowning. He was grateful when Yugyeom offered to watch over him as Jinyoung began to consider putting him inside the cat carrier to go help set up the food they brought.

Yugyeom settles himself on top of a towel as the wind brushes his bow almost dried hair. “Hyung, I hope you find a way to turn back soon. I’m beginning to fear you might have to adjust to being a cat.” Yugyeom shares his worries as his face brows furrowed in deep thought.

‘Same Gyeomie.’

Both males sat in silence listening to the bickering coming from Jinyoung and Jackson as they debate over something trivial. Bambam, on the other hand, was quietly working on his own. Opening up prepackaged kimchi and premade lunches.

“You think Jinyoung and Jackson hyung are going to kill each other soon?” Yugyeom asks jokingly as Mark lets out a meow.

‘Probably.’

When Jinyoung, Bambam, and Mark finally gets back to the dorm it was already night. Jinyoung didn’t bother fighting over the bathroom with Bambam as he busies himself with cleaning up. One thing Mark find out while living with these two was Jinyoung was the main cleaner. He had a trait of wanting to clean and put everything back. Mark even picked up a few good tips on how to clean his own apartment once he becomes human again.

As Mark watch Bambam dash from the bedroom to the bathroom, slamming the door behind him seconds later he hears the shower head running. Just then he feels two hands scooping him up. It was Jinyoung who brought them both inside the bedroom. Mark was settled on top of Jinyoung’s bed as the younger goes to his closet rummaging for something. It was towels and Mark didn’t think much of it since Jinyoung was probably going to shower after Bambam. But how wrong he was. After Bambam was done Mark found himself being scooped up and brought into the bathroom for a bath.

“Wine, be good and stay still,” Jinyoung whines as Mark tries to wiggle from his grasp. It wasn’t that Mark hated getting a bath. He just liked giving the younger a hard time because of the reactions. Lips jutting out to form a pout and his brows furrowed. Yep, it was fun messing with him. It went on like this for more five minutes until Mark deems it was enough. He let Jinyoung believes he got Mark defeated as he holds on to him and pours water over his body. When he was done and halfway dried with a towel he finally lets Mark out, letting the hot summer air dries the rest of his fur.

Mark makes his way to the living room where Bambam was currently at. The male was sitting on the couch watching some tv series. Hopping onto the couch he sits beside Bambam as the younger male chances a glance at him before bursting out laughing. Mark stares at him as he his head to the side in confusion.

“Jinyoung hyung should invest a blow dryer or something. Your fur is in all direction!” Bambam says to himself clutching his abdomen as he laughs. Mark couldn’t exactly get himself to a mirror as all of them were too tall for him to reach in the dorm. Did he really look that ridiculous?

“Bam what are you laughing about?” Jinyoung voice echoes in the living room as the male steps out of the bathroom with a towel over his head.

Suppressing his laughter to speak the Thai male says, “Hyung, look at your cat and you’ll see.”

Jinyoung’s eyes shift from Bambam to Mark who was still sitting on the couch beside the younger male. He lets out a meow as Jinyoung stares at him blinking blankly.

‘Do I look that bad and funny looking?’ Mark begins to worry when Jinyoung’s expression turns into a smile. The male coos running to his room excitedly shouting about needing to get a phone to take a picture. Jinyoung comes back with his cellphone in hand as he kneels in front of Mark snapping couple of pictures until satisfied.

“Wine you look so cute.” Jinyoung continues to fawn over Mark whilst staring at his cell phone.

“You sure he doesn’t look ridiculous with his fur all puffed out and sticking in every direction?” Bambam comments off from the side earning himself a glare in return.

“My Wine is adorable,” Jinyoung scoops Mark up in his arm and flicks the Thai boy off, “ignore what this mean kid is saying to you Wine. Let’s head to bed and leave him here.” Bambam lets out a ‘hey’ in protest as Jinyoung walks off into his bedroom.

Putting Mark down on his bed Jinyoung continues to dry his hair before turning off the lights making his way to his bed. Getting himself comfortable in bed he makes sure to place Mark on top of his abdomen of course over his blanket so he could pet his head. “Why are you so quiet today Wine? Did I surprise you since I’m sharing my bed with you?” Jinyoung jokes as he chuckles to himself quietly.

‘Yes because I don’t have to fight for it no more!’ Mark thinks to himself as Jinyoung scratches behind his ear at a particular spot causing him to let out a sigh. Only his sigh turns out to be a purr in his cat form.

“You know, now that I’m your cat owner I don’t think we had a case of fighting today. I’m going to coddle you and make sure you get fed so well.” The younger male trails off in a rant. Mark wasn’t sure about the ‘getting fed so well’ part. He was not going to be a round fluffy cat if he ends up being a cat forever. “Anyways, I’ll promise to treat you right Wine, good night.” There was shifting on the bed as Jinyoung sits up in bed to quickly plant a kiss on top of Mark’s head.

Mark ‘meows’ for a yelp in surprise. He was not expecting Jinyoung to give him a kiss on top of his head. This was the second kiss a male has ever given to him in his entire life and he can feel his heart picking up his pace. Mark tells himself it was just because the young male took him by surprise as Jinyoung goes back to petting and scratching his head.

Mark never found Jinyoung to be a liar, yet he was still surprised to see the man keep his promise. He made sure to take good care of Mark. He allowed him to sleep on his bed (Bambam was relieved when he knew there will be no more ruckus at night). He made sure Mark got his meals every day in the morning and evening. Wherever Mark went in the dorm Jinyoung made sure he knew where he was. Jaebeom even joked that Jinyoung should adopt one of his five cats since he’s doing such a great job.

During these two last week of vacation Mark realized something, however. He somehow grew accustomed to living in the dorm with Bambam and Jinyoung. Minus the part where he had to be sneaked out of the dorm to go places. Besides growing accustomed to living with those two, he realized he loved being coddle by Jinyoung. The occasional pets and scratches on the head, the kisses on the head and nose, and most importantly sharing the bed with him. He found himself enjoying the small little rants Jinyoung tends to go off on when he talks to him at night before falling asleep. He low-key found it adorable.

As Mark’s fondness for Jinyoung grew he began to second guess if fortune tellers are real. Shoot he literally turned into a cat and met someone new, who supposedly is his soulmate. It was the second to last day of summer and Mark found Jinyoung and his own friends sitting in a circle in the middle of the living room floor. Jackson had insisted on pushing the coffee table aside so everyone could gather around for a quick shot of booze. Claiming it was way more fun this way. It looked like Jaebeom began to warm up to Jackson and his personality ever since the swimming day encounter. Youngjae, on the other hand, was eager to make new friends.

“So are we going out or what?” Bambam asks beginning to lose his patience as Jackson went on a talk for too long.

“Oh, yes,” pulling out a bottle of vodka from his backpack Jackson flashes everyone a grin, “gotta loosen up before hitting the club!”

“Jackson, three of these guys aren’t allowed to drink alcohol let alone go inside a club.” Jaebeom deadpans glaring at the guy who shrugs his shoulder.

“Wait, I thought we were going to a karaoke bar?” Youngjae pipes up with a look of confusion crossing his face.

“We are geesh when I said ‘club’ I meant the karaoke bar. Live a little Jaebeom.”

“That’s Jaebeom hyung to you. I’m older than you.”

“By two months only! Gosh, Mark doesn’t care about the whole honorifics and he’s a year older than us!” Jackson mutters the last sentence as he pops the bottle of vodka open.

“Woah, Mark as in Mark Tuan?” Bambam asks surprised by the news. “Isn’t he’s the campus star basketball player? You know him?”

“He probably only knows of him.” Jaebeom purposely says to irk the other which worked.

Jackson lets out a huff before glaring at Jaebeom, “I know him on a personal level. We took a Korean language class back in middle school together and became best buds.”

“Jinyoung hyung, he’s a friend of Mark Tuan.” Youngjae says smiling at Jinyoung knowingly about something. Mark wonders what Youngjae was up to when Bambam pipes up drawing his attention away.

“Then how come you never mentioned him or introduce him to us?” Bambam asks as Mark who was sitting on Jinyoung’s lap glance across the circle to look at Jackson. Yugyeom sitting beside Bambam and Jackson seemed to look a little startled from the question. Mark took notice of how Yugyeom subtly nudges Jackson on the knee with his own.

“Um,” Jackson says at a loss for words and for some reason Mark was nervous for the guy as well. “Mark he went back home. That’s right! He went back to the states to visit his family before the school year starts again.” Jackson explains rubbing his nape. If the rest of the boys knew Jackson like Yugyeom and he, did would have known that small gesture was a way to tell he was lying. But they don’t so clearly everyone bought it.

“Let’s just take out the shot and go sing.” Yugyeom demands while handing everyone a plastic cup as Jackson pour each of them a small amount of vodka.

Lifting his cup up Jackson makes a quick speech. “Here’s to meeting new people this break and enjoy our last two day of freedom before school starts again!”

Mark watches as everyone tap the plastic cups against one another before taking a shot of their drink. Mark lets out a meow jealous of their fun because being a cat meant he was stuck in the dorm doing nothing. Plus the inability to drink alcohol.

“Sorry Wine,” Jinyoung apologizes as everyone began to gather their things to step out the door, “be a good kitty alright? I’ll be back in no time.” Giving Mark a kiss on top of his head Jinyoung follows Jaebeom out the door as Yugyeom sends an apologetic smile towards Mark.

“Sorry Markiepooh,” Jackson whispers going to pet him on the head only retracting his hand quickly as Mark hisses at him. He never quite allowed anyone to pet him (except for Jinyoung) if he could help it. As the six boys file out the dorm Mark glances up at the clock as the door slams closed.

‘Eight o’clock. I have a few hours of free time doing nothing.’ Mark sulks walking into Jinyoung and Bambam’s bedroom. He decided to take a nap on Jinyoung’s bed while waiting for the said guy to get back. It was his favorite spot to sleep in as the smell reminded him of a cute male with little eye whiskers appearing whenever he laughed or smiled.

Mark woke up to the sounds of loud voices and laughter. Raising his head to take a peek at who it was he found Bambam and Yugyeom pushing each other on the shoulder playfully.

“I’m serious,” Bambam laughs, “she was definitely checking you out.” That cause Yugyeom to blush as Bambam walks into the bedroom with Yugyeom following behind him. “Just let me grab my clothes and we can head over to your place.” It seems like no one noticed Mark quite yet.

“Do you think I’ll be lucky enough to end up taking a few of the same courses as her this upcoming semester?” Yugyeom asks leaning against the door frame as he watches his friend grab his backpack off the floor.

“I know so,” Bambam answers with his head halfway inside the closet rummaging through some clothes, “now where is that white t-shirt I like gone?”

Mark lets out a meow successfully catching Yugyeom’s attention as Bambam continues to look through his closet. Trying to convey his message on asking where Jinyoung was, Mark persistently tapped on Jinyoung’s blacker with his paws. However, on the other hand, Yugyeom stares him quizzically.

“Ahah, found it!” Bambam helps excitedly as his head comes out of the closet only to notice Mark’s weird behavior. “Is he playing with Jinyoung hyung’s blanket?” He suggests as Mark abruptly stops realizing he probably looked ridiculous since neither of the boys understood his message. He decided to try another method to get his message across from Yugyeom. And that method was to run his cheek against Jinyoung’s pillow.

“Ah,” Yugyeom lets out in realization, “um do you think Jinyoung hyung is having fun with Jackson at the club? Since he all but dragged him along with him?”

Bambam took a moment to stare at Yugyeom in confusion before shrugging his shoulders. Dismissing Yugyeom’s odd behavior. “Maybe? Jackson hyung insisted Jinyoung hyung go with him and be his wingman. Jaebeom hyung couldn’t save him since he saves himself and Youngjae hyung.”

“JACKSON WANG YOU ARE DEAD TO ME! How dare you bring my Jinyoung to the club?!” Mark yells out only it startles Bambam and Yugyeom as they heard a loud and an aggressive ‘meow’ come from him.

“Um is Wine okay?” Bambam asks hesitantly watching as Mark flicks his tail from left to right indicating he was irritated and annoyed.

“I’m-I’m sure Jinyoung hyung is going to ditch Jackson hyung and come back soon.” Yugyeom suggests nervously to Mark.

“What are you talking about Yugyeom? What does that have to do with Wine?”

“Let’ just go and get to my place so we could binge watch the Marvel series. Bye Wine! Jinyoung hyung will come back soon!” Saying the last two parts in a hurry Yugyeom yanked his Thai friend behind him in a hurry. The front door slams shut as Mark was once more left alone to himself and bathing in darkness. Instead of sleeping this time, Mark found himself staring at the clock where the short handle pointed at ten indicating it was ten o’clock. Time seemed to move slower as he patiently waited for Jinyoung to come back.

It was one twenty-four when Mark hears a key unlocking the front door. Hopping down from the bed he made his way to the living room and took notice of a tired, but sober Jinyoung taking off his shoes. As the guy straightens his body he groans touching his left shoulder. “God, Jackson really gave me a workout dragging him back to his dorm.” Mark lets out an excited ‘meow’ to see Jinyoung coming home. He was beginning to worry that he wasn’t coming home for the night as time dragged on.

“Oh, Wine you’re still up.” In an endearing tone, Jinyoung says as he bends down to scratch Mark on the head. “Did you waited for me?”

‘Yes.’

Jinyoung lets out a soft laugh as he scoops Mark up in his arms. Planting a kiss on top of Mark’s head the younger made his way into his bedroom with Mark in his arms in the darkness.

“I’m too tired to shower and change out of these clothes Wine,” Jinyoung complains to Mark as he sets him in the bed. “I guess I’ll just strip these off and just head to bed.”

Mark couldn’t believe his words and instantly shut his eyes. He could not believe Jinyoung was stripping in front of him even though he knew Jinyoung didn’t know he was actually a human in a cat’s body. He hears shuffling and movements on the bed. When he opens his eyes Jinyoung was under his covers and in the process of making himself comfortable.

“Why are you still sitting at the end of the bed Wine? Come up here.” Jinyoung calls patting his blanket where his abdomen is. Mark slowly made his way up to curl himself up on top of Jinyoung’s abdomen. “Good kitty,” Jinyoung comments petting Mark’s head and scratching behind his ear just the way Mark likes it. Purring in contentment the actions continue on for a few more minutes as Jinyoung goes to describe the night Jackson dragged him in. The petting continued until it slowly comes to a stop. The soft sound of Jinyoung breathing could be heard. Mark listens to that to help him fall asleep. Maybe just maybe Mark found himself liking Jinyoung and for once really wish the fortune teller to be correct. Jinyoung was his soulmate and he longs to meet him in person. He wonders what going on a date with Jinyoung would be like. Would he be his cute pouty self like he was in front of his friends? Mark can only wonder as he snuggles himself deeper into Jinyoung’s blanket.

 

Mark stretches his arms and lets out a groan. This was the best sleep he’s ever gotten since forever. He scratches his stomach as he turns to the side to sleep some more when he hears Jinyoung calls out to him in alarm.

“Wine?” Jinyoung calls out in bewilderment. He continues to stare at the man before him who slowly gets up in a sitting position, rubbing one eye with his hand while the other stays on his lap.

“Again, the names Mark, but yeah you can call me Wine.”

Hearing his own voice must have snapped him out of his daze because the man instantly looks up with wide eyes and mouth agape. He then stares down at his body as he brings his hands to touch his face and pat his chest.

“No way,” Mark says under his breath in shock as he makes eye contact with Jinyoung, who was sitting across from him in bed just as shocked as he was. “No ing way. I’m finally human again.” Scrambling out of Jinyoung’s bed Mark goes after the mirror to stare at himself only for Jinyoung to yelp in surprise. It took a second later for Mark to do the same when he discovered he was standing starched in front of the mirror. Mark scrambles to pull Jinyoung’s blanket off the bed to cover his body. Only that has Jinyoung gasping because he was only in his undergarment that Mark forgot about.

As if on cue for bad timing or for a comical situation the bedroom door opens as Bambam enters the room. There was a pause of silence as Bambam assess the situation looking from Jinyoung, who looks at him with wide eyes, and then at Mark who was looking back just the same. A small smile slowly plasters itself on Bambam’s face.

“I didn’t know Jinyoung hyung brought back company from last night.” The Thai boy teases, “I’ll just wait outside until you guys get dressed.” He slowly retracts and closes the door shut leaving a speechless Mark and Jinyoung alone.

 

 


Sorry for the long hiatus! I hope this chapter wasn't too boring. Let me know what you guys think by leaving a comment down below. (˘・ᴗ・˘)