Wait A Meow-ment!

Meow My Life

Jinyoung walks down the street with a bounce to each of his steps. He was excited as a big smile spreads across his face. People may see him as crazy as he covers his mouth with his hand to giggle to himself. 

 

The air was chilly for December. He had just gotten back from visiting his family from Busan over the holiday. He came home a day earlier than he had said he would to Mark. Mark. Mark Tuan. His boyfriend. Thinking about it still has Jinyoung heart pounding and smiling like an idiot.

 

The plan was since he dropped off his duffel bag at his dorm he was going to surprise Mark at his apartment. The older had given him a spare key to his apartment as their one year anniversary. It still felt so recent when Mark and he got together. He could still remember what brought them together and that earns a chuckle from him. 

 

Making a turn he walks up to a white apartment building and walks up a couple flight of stairs to Mark’s apartment. It didn’t take long for Jinyoung to stand right in front of the older’s apartment door. He quietly takes out his keys and inserts the one that belongs to the keyhole. Unlocking it quietly he pushes open the door without making a sound. The place was quiet as Jinyoung enters it.

 

Perhaps Mark was still sleeping, checking the time on his phone it read ten o’clock in the morning. 

 

‘Yep, he’s definitely still asleep. Especially if it’s the holiday break.’

 

Pocketing his phone be makes his way to Mark’s bedroom and places his hand on the doorknob. On the count of three, he was going to burst in there and surprise his boyfriend. A smile appears on Jinyoung’s face once again with the devilish plan he has.

 

‘One...two...three!’

 

Turning the doorknob Jinyoung throws the door open yelling out surprise while throwing his hands up. Only he found the bedroom to be empty of Mark also. His bed wasn’t made, but he noticed there was a blob of fur on Mark’s bed. Said blob of fur was sitting on the bed staring at Jinyoung in return.

 

“Meow,” The cat that was sitting on Mark’s bed said. Jinyoung could feel his eyes widening in surprise then horror.

 

‘The light brown fur...the ‘meow’.’

 

“No!” Jinyoung yells startling the cat who jumped and hissed at Jinyoung before jumping off the bed and darting out of the bedroom. “MY BOYFRIEND JUST TURNED INTO A ING CAT AGAIN?!!!” His hands shoot up to his head in alarm. “Is this because I left his side for a week?!”

 

His imagination of Mark being stuck in his room with no food to eat the whole week terrified him. How did he even survive this long without food? Or did his friends know? Why wasn’t there friends concern of Mark turning into a cat? Why didn’t they tell him Mark turned into a cat again in the first place? Were they lying to him this whole time and pretended to be Mark as he texted the guy?

 

Just then he snapped out of thoughts remembering Mark just dashed outside into the living room.

 

“Mark!” He calls peering around the living room to find him standing on the couch. He slowly walks up to him before kneeling to be eye level with Mark. “I’m so sorry you turned into a cat again. I-I don’t know how, but we’re going to fix this together. I’ll still love you if you stay a cat forever.” He brings his hand close to Mark’s face as he nuzzled his hand. Jinyoung gives a smile as he scratches Mark behind the ear. “Okay, let’s take you to Jaebeom and give him an earful before deciding how to deal with this situation.”

 

About twenty minutes later, Jinyoung was standing in front of Jaebeom’s place ringing the doorbell like a madman while Mark stayed in his arms cooperatively.

 

“What the hell?!” Jaebeom says opening the door his face twisted in annoyance. “Why are you back early and why are you ringing my doorbell like a crazy person?!” He asks as Jinyoung pushes past him to get inside.

 

“How could you Jaebeom,” Jinyoung spoke as he took off his shoes by the front door. Jaebeom trails behind him after closing the door.

 

“How could I what Jinyoung?” His best friend asks.

 

Jinyoung turns around to show Mark in his arms. “How could you not tell me Mark has turned into a ing cat again?” He asks ing Mark in front of Jaebeom to look at. Jaebeom stares at the cat with his mouth agape. 

 

“Meow.”

 

“My boyfriend is a cat Jaebeom. How come you guys didn’t tell me this? Did you guys think I wouldn’t find out by the time I got back? Also if you guys knew, how dare you left him in his own apartment in his room alone?!” Jinyoung fired question after question at Jaebeom who continued to stare at the cat at a loss for words. “Well? Do you have anything to say for yourself?” He asks cradling Mark back into his arms.

 

Instead of answering him Jaebeom ended up bursting into laughter. Body doubling over as his body shook uncontrollably.

 

“You-cat-Mark-” Jaebeom says with choppy words as he tries to catch his breath. Jinyoung could only scrunch his brows in confusion. How could his best friend be laughing at such a serious matter? It took awhile for Jaebeom to calm down. When he finally did he swiped his eyes that were now drenched with tears. “You’re an idiot.” He says when he finally catches his breath.

 

“Excuse me?”

 

“You really think this cat is Mark?”

 

“I found him in his apartment!”

 

“Have you tried calling him?” Jaebeom crosses his arms staring at Jinyoung in question.

 

“Well, no, I didn’t. He has the same color as Mark when he turned into a cat.” Jinyoung explains looking down at the cat who looks up at him with a blank face.

 

“Well then idiot, I think you should give Mark a-” Just then Jaebeom’s cell phone rings in his pants pocket. Jinyoung waits quietly as Jaebeom grabs the device out. “Speak of the devil,” he says before pressing answer and putting it on speaker.

 

“Jaebeom! SOMEONE CATNAP THE CAT!” Mark’s voice could be heard as it ricochets around the living room.

 

Deciding to ignore the terrible cat pun Jaebeom looks at best friend. “Jinyoung kidnapped the cat,” Jaebeom answers straightforwardly with a smirk.

 

“Jinyoung?” Mark voice echoes softly in question.

 

“Mark?” Jinyoung finally speaks up in confusion. He looks down at the cat again completely lost. “Who’s this cat that I’m holding then?” He asks to no one in particular.

 

Jinyoung felt like an idiot as he’s now sitting in Jaebeom’s living room with Mark, his human boyfriend, beside him. Turns out while Jinyoung was gone Mark found a stray cat that happened to resemble a lot like the older when he was a cat. He couldn’t turn away from the cat and decided to adopt him and maybe even ask Jinyoung to adopt him together. He asked their friends to keep it a secret as he wanted to surprise him when he came back.

 

Apparently, Jackson had called him for an emergency help early in the morning so he left in a rush. He left the cat on his bed when he left in a hurry.

 

Jinyoung could only hide his face in his hands embarrassed. 

 

“Jinyoungie,” Mark calls the younger to try to coax him out of his hiding spot. “You thought I turned into a cat again?” 

 

Jinyoung knew Mark was biting back a smile by the tone he had.

 

“What was I supposed to think?” Jinyoung replies back finally lifting his face away from his hands. “You weren’t at your apartment when I came over to surprise you. I only found the cat sitting on your bed.”

 

“Wine?” Mark asks.

 

“Is that the name? Yeah, Wine was very friendly to me, so I figured it was you.” Jinyoung pouts as Mark wraps his arms around his sulking boyfriend.

 

“I’m sorry, I wanted to surprise you when you came back from visiting your family!” Mark explains, “Can you forgive me?” 

 

Jinyoung pretended to stay mad at Mark as the older nuzzled his face against his face and neck.

 

“I’ll only forgive you if you give me a kiss.” 

 

“Deal.” Without further ado, Mark gives Jinyoung a peck on the lips that instantly has Jinyoung smiling.

 

“So, the cat’s name is Wine?” Jinyoung asks looking over to where Jaebeom was cradling the cat.

 

“Yeah, I figured it would be fitting since he whines a lot when I don’t give him his food. Do you like it?”

 

“I love it.” Jinyoung places a chaste kiss on Mark’s lip as the older chases after his lips to get another one.

 

“As sweet and gross you two are being, can you please take your cat and go home? I’m trying to relax the best I can with my five cats before we go back to school in a few days.” Jaebeom interjects.

 

Getting up from the couch Mark extends his hand out for Jinyoung to take. “Ready to go home and raise a cat with me?”

 

“Technically, I don’t live there yet but yes let’s go,” Jinyoung says cheekily as he gets up from the couch as well. “Let’s go raise our family together.”

 

“I think I’m gonna hurl.”

 

“Shut up Im Jaebeom. Nobody asked for your opinion.” Jinyoung fires back as Mark laughs. With Mark cradling Wine in one hand as his other held Jinyoung’s, the three of them walked back to Mark’s apartment. Jinyoung couldn’t wait to help raise Wine with Mark together.

 

 


A short "after-the-story" I whipped up with the idea in my head. Sorry that it's short, but I hope you enjoyed a few good laughs and smiles. ((: Have about one more week until I'm free so I can write markjin stories to my hearts content until school starts again.