Part 01

Meow My Life

Summer, one of the most looked forward season with long days and long nights. People showing off their summer clothes of florals and shorts, dress, and khakis. Night food markets with live music playing just a few streets away. Fireworks and bonfires at the beach. Those are the night activities that Mark would gladly look forward to. Not the morning food markets where there seem to be twice as much people compared to the night one. Or the blazing sun shining down on every corner it could touch. Just standing out in the sun for a few seconds can have you breaking out into a heap of sweat.

Mark frowns, standing under a food market stall with a canopy. The owner who was helping her customers glances at Mark a few times with a grimace. She was clearly displeased he was using her canopy without buying anything and if Mark doesn’t see his friend after another minute he thinks he might need to buy himself a fish cake just to appease her. He doesn’t even like fish cake or any seafood really.

“Mark hyung!” He hears the voice of the guy he’s been waiting for yells through the crowd. His friend was taller than most people so Mark could spot him easily. As his friend weave himself through the crowd he puts up a hand as a motion to say hi. The guy was wearing a white t-shirt and black khakis shorts paired with his black and white sneakers. His jet black hair glaring brightly in the sun. Crossing his arms across his chest Mark was not please he had to wait so long for him. Yes, he was also wearing blue khakis jean shorts paired with a white tank top with a black and white design in the front paired with white sneakers. He recently dyed his hair back to light brown after his previous blond color. His tank, short pants, and standing in the shade does not mean he wasn’t sweating and suffocating in the heat.

“Took you long enough,” Mark grumbles as he walks towards his friend to start walking through the busy crowd. He grimaced slightly in irritation as the sun hits his skin. This was going to be torture.

“Sorry, I just bumped into one of my childhood friend who I haven’t seen in a long time.”
“Whatever, I’m just glad you only came five minutes late. I was seriously beginning to think I was going to have to buy this lady’s food to stand under her canopy longer.” He hears snickers coming from Yugyeom which resulted in him punching his younger friend in the arm. Yugyeom whimpers in pain while rubbing the spot that was hurt. Mark smiles upon seeing his friend suffer. “Remind me why we decided to attend the morning festival instead of the night one again? Because I prefer the night one. A LOT.”

“I wanted to see the famous fortune teller.” Yugyeom answers, “She’s only here in the morning festival and I really need her to tell me if I made it to our school basketball team or not.” Mark shakes his head because although he found his younger friend adorable he wasn’t a person that believes in fortune tellers.

“Yugyeom, you’re six feet tall and talented in basketball. I don’t think coach would not put you on our team.” Mark tries to reassure his friend. Yugyeom was a freshman in their university meanwhile Mark was in his last year of school. How he managed to befriend a freshman was all thanks to his best friend Jackson Wang, a junior, who was a social butterfly. Unfortunately, Jackson wasn’t able to attend the school festival with them having to attend his group meeting for their final project online submission. Mark recalls him sulking like a puppy as one of the group members dragged him out his dorm room this morning when Mark went over.

“I still want to hear what she sees!” Yugyeom exclaims when a devilish lightbulb goes off in Mark’s head.

“What happens if she tells you that you don’t make it?” Mark asks watching Yugyeom’s eyes goes wide in realization because, yes, there is a fifty percent chance of that happening. He was so caught up on wanting to hear the fortune teller say he would make it he didn’t think about that. The younger swallows down his saliva hesitantly.

“Then I’ll accept that,” Yugyeom whispers as Mark arch an eyebrow up in amusement.

“Are you sure because you don’t sound so sure.” Mark teases the younger as he gets a whine in reply. Mark’s high pitch laugh erupts out as Mark tries to console his younger friend by letting his head. “I’m kidding Yugyeom, I don’t know why you even believe in fortune tellers. I don’t think they can actually see the future.”

A gasp leaves Yugyeom’s mouth as he comically covers his mouth with both hands. “Don’t say that Mark hyung!” Mark can only roll his eyes as he drapes his arm over Yugyeom’s shoulder to maneuver the younger in the right direction to the fortune teller’s tent.

“Come on let's go find out what the lady has to say.”

(=^・ω・^=)

“Why are we attending the school year summer festival when we could be celebrating it somewhere with air conditioning?” Jinyoung asks as Jaebeom all but drags Jinyoung by his shirt. Jinyoung didn’t see the point. Their first semester is almost over. From March to mid-July was the gruesome midnight studying filled with caffeinated drinks. To celebrate their hard work the school throws a summer festival before they go off on summer vacation. Then it’s back to school from the end of August until the middle of February for their second semester. It’s a nice gesture from the school really, but this summer was especially hot and Jinyoung would rather be somewhere inside with the air conditioner blasting.

“Do I have to remind you because Youngjae wants to go?” Jaebeom answers grumpily because he wasn’t a big fan of having to spend his day out in the sun as well. Right, Youngjae, there adorable dongsaeng who they can never say no to wanted to attend the summer festival. Youngjae, a sophomore, transferred to their school university as of this year. They happened to meet him through their music theory class and was smitten for the younger. He was a ball of sunshine that both Jaebeom and Jinyoung (who were longtime best friend) vow to protect like their own little brother. Jinyoung and Jaebeom had never attended the school’s summer festival (day or night) the last two years they were here. Always having spent their day inside the school campus ground with the air conditioner. Until now.
Jinyoung sighs dramatically as Jaebeom continues to drag him off by the shirt. “The things we do for our Youngjae.” He receives a grunt in reply when a loud happy boisterous voice calls out to them.

“Jaebeom hyung! Jinyoung hyung!” Youngjae waves excitedly with his arms flinging in the air.

“You guys made it!” When they got close enough Youngjae flashes the both of them a wide smile. Jinyoung’s heart softens for his adorable dongsaeng. Jaebeom probably feels the same as he lets go of Jinyoung’s shirt just to ruffle Youngjae’s hair endearingly.

“Alright let's keep moving and try to keep out of the sun,” Jinyoung says earning him a glare from Jaebeom as Youngjae laughs. “What? You probably feel the same way as me.” Jinyoung directs his last comment at Jaebeom.

“Do you have a stall you wanted to visit Youngjae?” Jaebeom asks running a hand through his faded blue hair now turning gray.

“I’m starving let’s go eat!” Youngjae announces laughing happily as he hooks each of his arms around Jaebeom and Jinyoung. As Jinyoung gets tug along the crowd his eyes scan the long line of food tents and internally dies. Each food tent was crowded with people. He was going to die in this heat.

(=^・ω・^=)

“Please, come in, come in and take a seat around my table.” A woman who seems to be in her thirties says. Mark scans the lady and thinks her light purple fortune teller costume was over the top.

‘She’s really trying to sell us her words with that costume.’ Mark thinks as Yugyeom and he steps inside the tent to take a seat around the table.

“So how may I help you, gentlemen?” She asks looking between Mark and Yugyeom with a gentle smile.

“I want to know if I’m going to make it to the school basketball team!” Yugyeom exclaims looking at the fortune teller with wide wondering eyes.

The fortune teller clears as she stretches her arms across the table to her crystal ball. Her hand hovers around it as it moves in a circular motion. Mark was suppressing the urge to roll his eyes. Her whole movements felt so staged, but he wasn’t going to point that out to his younger friend. If Yugyeom needed the encouragement from her then so be it.

“I see a bright future for you young man.” She begins to say as her eyes remain transfixed on her crystal ball. “Cheers surrounding you while your teammates envelopes you into a hug.”

“Mark she said teammates this definitely means I made it to the team!” Yugyeom whispers beside him excitedly.

“Yeah, I told you. Now you can stop worrying.” Mark replies back beginning to get up from his seat. “Let’s go Yugyeom, I’m freaking hot and that bingsu stand is calling out for me.”

“Young man,” The fortune teller voice calls out. Mark glanced at her and found her looking at him intensely. “Your future...I see in your near future you will meet your soulmate.” There was an awkward pause of silence until Yugyeom bursts out laughing. The younger wraps his arms around his stomach as his laughter continues to fill up the tent. The fortune teller ignores Yugyeom as she continues to stare at Mark intensely, “Strange...you’ll meet him under odd circumstances.”

“Him?” Yugyeom catches the word and looks at Mark who chews his inner left cheek out of irritation.

‘How the hell did she know I was into guys? No way in hell can she actually see the future.’

“Ignore her Yugyeom and let's just go.” Grabbing the younger by his t-shirt he hoists him up and drags him out the tent as the fortune teller yells after him.

“A cat you shall me until you learn to believe in us!”

“Mark hyung,” Yugyeom falls as Mark drags him out of the tent wrapped in his own thoughts. “Mark hyung,” Yugyeom calls a little louder and this time successfully getting his older friend’s attention. “you can let go of my t-shirt now.”

Noticing his own actions, Mark lets go along with a sigh. “Sorry, got a little carry away there.”

Yugyeom raises an eyebrow up in question as the both of them began to walk down the busy festival. “A little? You practically dragged me out of the fortune teller’s tent!”

Wincing from the memories Mark pouts as he crosses his arms across his chest in defense. “Well, I did tell you I don’t believe in fortune tellers, remember?”

“Yeah, I remember, but I didn’t think you were that skeptical to be that cold-hearted Mark hyung.”

“I was not and come on, meeting my soulmate? Yeah, right.” Mark snorts as they got in line for the bingsu stand.

“You never know,” Yugyeom mutters under his breath as he slides closer to Mark to whisper under his breath. “And what did she mean by ‘him’?”

Mark was silent. Only Jackson knows about his uality, not even his family knows about it yet. He is still too scared to tell them even with how open-minded and supportive they are. In the back of his mind, he worries if they will be supportive of their own son homouality.

“You know I will support you no matter what right, Mark hyung?” Yugyeom voice drags Mark back out of his own train of thoughts.

“I-I’m into guys.” Mark confesses quietly for only Yugyeom to hear. Mark watches the younger every movement who only nods his head quietly in understanding.

“You know I will still treat you as my favorite hyung no matter what, right?” 

Mark flashes Yugyeom a small smile before patting him on the shoulder. “Thanks, make sure not to let Jackson know I’m your favorite hyung or else he’s going to be devastated.”

Yugyeom cackles as he slaps Mark on the back. “Can you imagine Jackson hyung’s look of betrayal? Wide eyes with his mouth hanging open?” Mark laughs along while also feeling relieved he now has one more person who knows his uality. 

(=^・ω・^=)

“You guys need to pick up your walking pace!” Youngjae calls out to Jaebeom and Jinyoung who trails after Youngjae with sweat evident on their forehead.

“How is he still so energetic?” Jaebeom grumbles as he huffs out a breath. Jinyoung pats Jaebeom on the shoulder with a sympathetic look.

“It’s called being young Jaebeom.” Jinyoung answers as Jaebeom glares at Jinyoung unamused. “Come on old grandpa we gotta catch up.” 

“First off, he’s only a year younger than us. Secondly, I’m not OLD. So you Park Jinyoung.” 

Jinyoung just casually waves his hand ignoring Jaebeom’s slander as he walks to try to catch up to Youngjae who was bouncing his way through the crowd. “Yeah yeah, now where did Youngjae run off to?” Scanning the area Jinyoung couldn’t find his sweet dongsaeng anywhere in sight. This allowed Jaebeom to catch up and stand beside him. 

“Damn he walks fast.” Jaebeom mumbles looking around as well.

“I’m right here!” Youngjae exclaims as his head pops out of a tent smiling. Jaebeom jumps startled by Youngjae who was in a tent right by Jaebeom’s side.

“ Youngjae you scared the crap out of me!”

A scowl appears on Youngjae’s face as he looks at Jaebeom disapprovingly. “Jaebeom hyung, you should really cut down on your cursing.”

“Good luck with that Youngjae. I’ve been trying to tell him all my life and look at the progress I made.” Jinyoung taunts earnings punch on the shoulder. “Ow! That hurts!”

“You deserve it, sweetheart,” Jaebeom says lowly with clenched teeth so Youngjae couldn’t hear. Jinyoung rolls his eyes at his best friend when Youngjae’s voice pipes up once more calling for their attention.

“Come check out the fortune teller with me Jaebeom and Jinyoung hyung. You guys don’t have to be read so pretty please?” Youngjae juts out his bottom lip for effect. Again, how can Jinyoung ever say no to him? 

“Alright, as long as this helps us get out of the blazing sun I’m all for it.” Following Youngjae inside the tent, Jinyoung drags Jaebeom in with him as well.

Just as Jinyoung steps inside he had to blink his eyes a few time to adjust to the change of light. Looking around he finds a woman sitting around her circular table gesturing them to take a seat. She was wearing a light purple costume that matched her purple tent and furniture. “Come in gentlemen, how can I be of service today?”

“I wanted to get my fortune read!” Youngjae answers with a huge smile on his face. Jinyoung thinks he had never seen a smile leave his friend’s face.

“Yes, yes, let me take a look here.” Her hands go to hover above the crystal ball as she stares into intently. Jinyoung tried to look into the crystal ball as well and saw nothing in particular. He never quite believed in it nor did he quite not believe in it. You could say he was quite neutral about it.

“My dear, I see a bright future for you the rest of the year. Luck will sure bring good things to you.” Youngjae giggles as he hears the news. “As for you my dear,” She turns to look directly at Jaebeom, “Be cautious as there will be bumps along the road for the rest of the year.”

Jaebeom grumbles under his breath as he shakes his head. “As if I don’t already know that.”

“Interesting…” The fortune teller’s word has Jinyoung shifting his attention back on her. “So you’re the one who is his soulmate.” Jinyoung gives her a quizzical look before shifting his eyes on Jaebeom and Youngjae. They were both sharing the same look like him. They weren't surprised by the word ‘him’ as Jinyoung was opened to his friends and family about his uality. He sees no wrong in it and luckily he has a close group of friends and family that supports him. “Your soulmate comes in the form of a cat, but do not fear as you will eventually see more than that.”

Jinyoung blinks confused and stunned by the news. He hears Jaebeom covering his laugh with a few coughs as Youngjae tilts his head in confusion. “I don’t quite understand your riddle.” Youngjae says as he continues on, “Are you saying Jinyoung hyung’s soulmate, a person, is in a form of a cat or are you saying Jinyoung hyung is going to be single and adopt a cat?”

If only Youngjae’s question wasn’t as innocent as it was would it had Jinyoung strangling the younger for making fun of him. But he knew it was all out of curiosity and good heart that Jinyoung remained in his seat. Jaebeom thought otherwise and he couldn’t contain his laugh and burst out laughing. He banged his hand on the table wheezing from laughing too hard.

Youngjae only whines after realizing what he said could have offended his hyung. “I didn’t mean-I wasn’t trying to…”

Lifting a hand up to reassure Youngjae it was quite alright he shakes his head as Jaebeom tries to control his laughing fit. Glancing at the fortune teller Jinyoung could tell she was not amused by them at all. She probably gets these similar scenarios quite often thought Jinyoung.

(=^・ω・^=)

“I am stuffed!” Yugyeom groans patting his stomach. “Man is the food at the festival so delicious.”

“Yeah, and my wallet is suffering for half the food I had to pay for you.”

Wrapping an arm around Mark’s shoulder the younger flashes a grin. “And I’m grateful for that Mark hyung, thanks!”

“Whatever, but don’t expect me to pay for you next time.” Mark warns pointing a finger at the younger. “Next time you’re buying.”

“Yeah, yeah, I got it. You know I think if we take Jackson hyung with us next time he might pay for us.” Yugyeom suggests with a smirk. “Now come on, the night is still young and we have a few more tents to check out before the fireworks start. Mark gets pulled along by Yugyeom’s arm wrapped around his shoulder. The crowd had thinned out throughout the day, but it still wasn’t enough to allow both of them to maneuver around easily. Mark didn’t think after tonight his life was about to get a lot more interesting.

Mark opens his eyes after a long day yesterday of walking in the blazing. He lets out a yawn and stretches his arm snuggling further into his bed sheets. He was about to drift back off to sleep when he felt something was off. Opening his eyes he was met with the bed cover covering his entire body.

‘Weird, I normally don’t cover my head with my bed cover when I sleep.’

Bringing a hand up to pull the covers off him that was when he noticed his hand or rather a paw. He lets out a scream only to hear a loud screeching ‘meow’ comes out of his mouth. Panic arises as Mark scrambles out of bed wiggling his way out of the covers that prove to be hard. When he successfully pops his head out he was at the head of the bed. As he emerges himself out of the covers he looks around his room in shock. His room looked and felt ten times bigger than what it normally feels like.

Sitting up and with wavering eyes, he slowly looks down at his body and once again tries to scream. His body as he had dreaded was of a cat’s body. Light brown fur and two front paws. He tries to lean back as he lifts up his legs which are now his two back paws in alarm. How can this happen? This has got to be a dream right? Clenching his eyes shut he counts to ten in his head slowly. When he reaches ten he opens his eyes again expecting to wake up back under his covers as a human once more. Instead, he’s greeted by the same sight, room extra big, and still in a cat’s body. Deciding to look at himself in the mirror he makes his way to the edge of the bed and hopes off. Being in a cat’s body was a lot more difficult than Mark thought it would be. He ended up landing on his side instead of his paws. Letting out a groan which again sounds like a meow he gets up and that’s when he felt his tail moving. Looking behind his rear he completely forgot that a cat has a tail and he ing has a light brown tail. Scurrying to his full-length mirror with a few stumbles during the process he stares at himself and blinks.

A light brown cat with brown eyes and a pink nose was staring back at him in shock. Opening his mouth profanity spills out of his mouth.

“WHAT THE ACTUAL IS THIS? I’m a CAT.” What Mark tries to say comes out as ‘meows’. “This can’t be happening. How is this possible?” Just then the fortune teller’s words ring in Mark’s mind.

“A cat you shall me until you learn to believe in us.”

You can’t be serious Mark thinks as he puts his paw against the mirror. This can’t be all because of the fortune teller’s words. If all he has to do to break this curse is to believe in fortune tellers then fine. He believes he seriously believes it then. Closing his eyes he prays for this nightmare to end.

‘I believe in you guys. I seriously believe in all you fortune teller words. So please turn me back into a human.’

Opening his eyes he hopes to be standing tall, leaning against his mirror, and looking into the reflection of himself in human form. Once more he’s looking at himself as a cat. Without any more ideas to fix this problem he cries in the form of a cat. His cries sounding like wails of a cat which wasn’t giving him any comfort.

He’s probably going to die in his apartment once the food supplies he can get to runs out. He probably can’t even tap open his phone to call his friends or the police. Even if he did they wouldn’t understand a word he’s saying. Sitting in his room in misery he weeps when he hears the doorbell ringing. Whipping his head to his bedroom door he curses himself for having his door closed. He can’t even get out of his room to call for help by the front door. Another sound of his doorbell ringing alerting Mark of the person outside his apartment.

“Mark hyung? Are you still sleeping?” Yugyeom’s voice can be heard as he probably yells through the door. Mark tries yelling with his meows as he scratches his door, but it was futile. Just when Mark thought his only chance of help was gone he hears his front door being unlocked. The question of how Yugyeom even has the key to his apartment flies out of Mark’s mind. Like a maniac, he scratches his bedroom door frantically calling for his younger friend with meows of help. “Mark hyung?” Yugyeom calls while opening his bedroom slowly. Mark jumps back to avoid the door swinging open.

Never in his life has Mark ever been so grateful to see his younger friend. He runs to Yugyeom’s leg to hopefully hug the male’s leg when Yugyeom yelps and attempt to kick him away. Mark barely dodges his friend’s foot that would have kicked his face.

‘What the hell Yugyeom!’ Mark shouts only Yugyeom hears a furious hiss.

“What the hell is that?” Yugyeom shouts stepping back to peer down on the floor. “Oh, it’s a kitty!” Extending his arms out he scoops Mark up in his hands to stare at him. “Mark hyung never told me he adopted a kitty. Aren’t you a cute thing?”

‘Yugyeom, it’s me!’ Mark doesn’t even know why he bothers trying to communicate when all that ever comes out of his mouth is ‘meows’.

“That’s weird though I don’t think I notice any cat items lying around Mark’s apartment. Unless he’s a terrible cat owner.” Yugyeom states looking around Mark’s bedroom to probably find the said owner. “Did Mark hyung lock you in his bedroom? Wow, what a terrible owner.”

‘Yugyeom, it’s me!’ Mark tries again as Yugyeom coos his head as Mark hisses at him.

“Woah, good kitty,” Yugyeom says placing Mark back down gently as he whips out his phone to call Mark’s cell phone. His device vibrates on his nightstand where he last left it to be charged. “That’s weird he left his cell phone behind him.” Trying to get his friend’s attention he goes by his feet to scratch his leg gently. “What is it kitty?”

Mark stares up at his friend intently as he wags his tails slowly. He’s not even sure how he controls it. How on earth was he going to convey the message that he’s Mark to Yugyeom? He looks down at himself and then brings up a paw to point at his face. Only it looked like he used his paw to rub his nose earning cooing noise from Yugyeom. He tries doing it again only receiving the same reaction.

“Where’s Mark your owner kitty?” Yugyeom kneels down to try on Mark’s head again when Mark dodges his hand and screeches loudly. “Woah, okay I won’t try to your head then! Geesh, for a cat you’re as feisty as Mar-”

The tall young male stops in the middle of his sentence as if something dawned on him. With big surprise eyes and mouth hanging open he stares at Mark. “Ma-Mark hyung is that you?”

‘Yes! You finally figured it out, thank god!’ Mark exclaims as Yugyeom scoops him up to hold in front of him.

“What-how-how is this possible? WAIT. What the fortune teller said actually came true? This is a joke? Is there a hidden camera in here somewhere?” Yugyeom questions eyes darting everywhere in Mark’s room. Mark calls to Yugyeom whining out loud a long meow. He succeeded in getting the younger’s attention once more. “Can you understand me?”

‘Yes! Even dogs can understand us humans. It’s not like you’re suddenly speaking another language to me!’

“Judging by your multiple drawn out meows I’m going to assume you said ‘yes’ and that you’re cursing at me right now.” Yugyeom answers walking towards Mark’s bed to place Mark on it. The younger then begins pacing back in forth in Mark’s bedroom with his hand his chin in deep thought. “How do we fix this? No-wait the fortune teller said you have to believe in them I think that’s what she said.”

“Meow.”

Going to kneel down beside Mark’s bed as he clutches the edge of the bed, Yugyeom tilts his head to the side. If Mark was to look at this in a third person’s view he would be laughing finding this whole scene hilarious. But he’s not because this was his own life he would be laughing at.

“Are you saying you tried?”

“Meow.”

“This is hopeless. I can’t understand a word you’re saying and for Christ sake, I’m talking to a cat.” Sighing at Yugyeom gets up from kneeling, “Maybe I should call Jackson hyung…”

And so twenty minutes later Mark finds himself being stared at by two pairs of eyes. He can’t believe this is happening to him. He’s going to be a ing cat forever and his life is ruined. There’s nothing better to do then to just cry in Mark’s case.

“I told you this isn’t a prank and Mark hyung turned into a cat.” Yugyeom gestures at Mark still on the bed. Giving Jackson being Jackson, his friend quickly accepts the information and rushes to Mark.

“Look Yugyeom! He’s so happy to see me! He keeps calling me!” Jackson exclaims scooping Mark up in his arms.

‘I’M ING CRYING YOU IDIOT. NO ONE CAN TELL IF MY MEOWS ARE HAPPY OR SAD.’ Mark says out loud but all his friends hear are ‘meows’ and more ‘meows’.

“Mark I can’t believe you’re this happy to see him.” Jackson coos snuggling his face against Mark’s who just lets him in defeat. “How can we help undo this?” Jackson asks a second later still holding Mark in his arms.

Shrugging his shoulders Yugyeom cross his arms over his chest. “I don’t know. I was hoping you could help.”

“First off I’m flattered. You finally acknowledge my brilliant brain that can solve any-”

“You were tossing popcorns into the air trying to catch it with your mouth just two days ago.” Yugyeom cuts in earning a glare from Jackson.

“Yeah well, that was because I was bored.” Jackson retorts back.

Quirking an eyebrow up, “Every day?”

“Do you want my help or not?” Jackson asks letting out a cute huff of breath. Mark can only shake his head in defeat. He was getting up by his two friends dumb and dumber.

“Okay, fine, I’ll stop questioning your actions for now. We need to help Mark hyung.”

“You said you guys went to the fortune teller yesterday. What did she say?” Jackson asks as he goes to pet Mark by the head. He was not fond of this, but he couldn’t quite fight back with his body being held securely by Jackson.

“I don’t think Mark hyung likes pets. Look at his unamused cat face right now.” Pointing at Mark who was definitely sporting an unamused face.

“Oh come on, who doesn’t love pets,” Jackson replies back with a smile ignoring it. “Now back to the question what did the fortune teller say?”

Yugyeom racks his brain as he recalls the event from yesterday. “She said Mark hyung will be a cat until he learned to believe in them. Oh! And that he’ll meet his soulmate in the form of a cat.”

“So he just has to believe in fortune tellers?” Jackson repeats holding Mark in front of him to stare into his eyes. “Bro, then just believe in fortune tellers! They legit turned you into a ing cat!” Jackson yells.

‘You don’t think I tried! It’s not working!’ Mark yells back as Jackson just stares at his best friend quietly. Perhaps Jackson could understand what Mark said? ‘Jackson, can you understand what I’m saying?’

“Mark, don’t take this the wrong way but I don’t understand a word you’re saying to me.”

Letting out a sigh as he’s been doing a lot today he feels Jackson settling him back down on his bed.

“Perhaps he needs to find his soulmate?” Yugyeom suggests giving some hope into the room. Both Mark and Jackson turn to look at the younger who raises his hands up. “I’m just trying to think of a way to help.”

“I know, but how on earth are we going to find his soulmate? We’re lucky enough that Mark’s a freaking cat during summer vacation so we can take him with us to take of him. What happens when the school year comes around though? How’s that going to work out at all? His parents will probably start calling from not hearing from him. Then his school attendance will become MIA. SO MANY QUESTIONS YUGYEOM.” Jackson panics dramatically as Yugyeom pats his hyung on the back to calm him down.

“Calm down Jackson hyung. Hopefully, we can solve this before summer vacation ends. For now maybe one of us can take him back to our own dorm.” Yugyeom suggests. “We’ll have to sneak him in though since campus prohibits having any pets.”

“Yeah, we should also stop by the store to pick up some cat stuff. Do you think he needs his own cat bed and cat food? Or does he eat human food?” Looking towards Mark with questioning eyes Jackson scratches his head.

‘I REFUSE TO EAT CAT FOOD YOU TWERPS. I ALSO DON’T WANT A ING CAT BED.’

“You think he’s yelling at us right now?” Jackson asks as both Yugyeom and he stares at Mark who was ‘meowing’ frantically.

“I’m pretty sure,” Yugyeom answers a moment after.


(=^・ω・^=)

“Okay one of us should probably stay by Mark hyung’s side while one of us go inside and buy the items.” Yugyeom suggests when they both offered to go in unison.

“I think I should go since I know what Mark wants.” Jackson explains as Yugyeom shakes his head.

“Nuh-uh, you may know what Mark wants but I think I know what Mark hyung actually needs to survive.” 

“Dude, just stay with Mark outside for a few minutes and I’ll be right back.” 

“No way, I want to go and help choose too!”

‘Do I even get a say in this?’ Mark speaks up as both Yugyeom and Jackson look down at him who was in Jackson’s arms.

“Do you think he’ll be fine out here alone real quick while we both go?” Jackson asks.

“I don’t think anyone will take him while we’re away.” Yugyeom comments.

Mark could not believe his two so-called best friends as they placed him by the entrance of the store. ‘You guys are so dead when I’m back to my human form!’ Mark calls out a loud meow as Yugyeom pets him on the head.

“Mark hyung we’ll be right back so don’t go anywhere okay?”

‘AS IF I WOULD GO ANYWHERE.’ Mark exclaims as he watches Yugyeom and Jackson scurrying inside the store ignoring his legit catcalls.

‘I can’t believe you two would actually abandon me here to go buy supplies that I actually don’t even want!’

“Hey, Jinyoung. It’s a cat. Perhaps it’s your soulmate?” A male teasing voice says suddenly. Mark turns his attention from the store door to the voice behind him. He finds himself staring at three males looking around the same age as Mark and his friends.

“Shut up, Jaebeom before I seriously will choke you to death.” The guy named Jinyoung says with honey like voice as he rolls his eyes. Mark stares up at the male who happens to lock eyes with him too. He seems to freeze in his spot as Mark eyes him some more taking in the male’s appearance. He was wearing a pair of light blue jeans and a pink hoodie. If Mark had to admit it, the male looked cute.

‘How is he not sweating under those clothes he’s wearing?’ Mark thinks as the male clears his throat.

“It feels like he’s staring into my soul…”

“The more reason why he’s your soulmate as the fortune teller said.” The guy that teased the pink hoodie male earlier says. He was dressed in a black and white plaid flannel shirt over a white t-shirt paired with blue jeans. Mark would definitely remember him with the multiple ear piercings and a left eyebrow piercing with two moles just above his left eyelids.

“I’m this close to losing my patience with you.” Jinyoung retorts back bringing up a hand with a small gap between his thumb and index finger. “Why am I even best friends with you when you bring such misery to my life?”

“Because I bring misery and fun into your life.” The male named Jaebeom answers back. However, Mark wasn’t quite listening to their banter as the word ‘soulmate’ rings in his ears. Did he hear right? The pink hoodie had his fortune read by the same fortune teller? That’s impossible, right? How lucky can he be? His eyes darts everywhere on the three males body to see if they had anything on them that meant they went to the same school as him. Mark finds his heart pounding as he noticed the third male who had been keeping quiet carrying his backpack over one shoulder. His backpack had on a keychain of his school logo which meant that these three male attends the same campus as him.

“Can we just go inside away from the heat?” The third male finally speaks up shaking his head.

“Of course Youngjae, let’s just leave Jaebeom out here with the cat and the both of us go inside.” Jinyoung says with a sweet smile plastered on his face while looking at the male name Youngjae. Jinyoung goes to wrap his arms Youngjae’s shoulder so they could both go inside when Mark panics. He wasn’t going to lose his chance in being with his suppose ‘soulmate’ if it was him. He perhaps could help him turn back into a human. And if he waits out here Jackson and Yugyeom may come back out and take him away. Mark lets out a meow as he runs to Jinyoung and paws at his legs frantically.

(=^・ω・^=)

“Um, Jinyoung hyung what is the cat doing?” Youngjae asks peering down at the brown cat quizzically.

“I don’t know, Jaebeom you’re the cat expert what is the cat doing?” Jinyoung turns to his best friend in confusion.

“Isn’t it obvious? It clearly wants your attention.”

Jinyoung kneels down to pet the brown cat a few times and was surprised it actually allowed him to. Whenever Jinyoung tries to pet Jaebeom’s five cats he gets scratches and hisses instead. “Alright, there I gave it the attention it wants. Let’s go now.” Standing upright he took a step forward when he feels something rubbing against his foot. “Jaebeom what does it want now?”

His friend shrugs, “Maybe it wants more attention.”

Looking down at the cat Jinyoung furrowed his brows, “Sorry kitty but I gotta go.” He takes a step forward and waits for the store door to slide open. As Jinyoung takes a step inside Youngjae and Jaebeom follows suit. He was about to head for the drink section when a meow alarms him to stop. Turning around he finds the brown cat sitting by the door staring at him expectantly.

“Meow.”

“What the…”

“Hello? Sir, you can’t take your pet inside here.” An employee instructs as Jinyoung whips his head around to explain it wasn’t his cat. “Well, the cat surely followed you inside so please take it back out.”

“But-” before Jinyoung could explain any further the employee had already turned around to continue helping customers scan their items. Sighing he walks to the brown cat that seems to be anticipating Jinyoung. Picking up the cat he walks back out the store with Jaebeom and Youngjae following behind him. “Okay, stay.” He orders crouching down to place the cat back down on the ground gently.

“Jinyoung it's not a dog.” Jaebeom points out.

“Cats. Dogs. Whatever, they’re still able to understand me. Now, kitty, be good and stay.” Jinyoung orders placing out his hand as a gesture telling him to stay in place.

“Do you think he has an owner?” Youngjae pipes up crouching down beside him. Youngjae extends his hand out to the cat. Mark, on the other hand, dodges his hand to go towards Jinyoung’s. “I don’t see a collar or name tag around his neck so perhaps it’s a stray?”

“Maybe it’ll go away once we head back inside.” Jinyoung suggests standing back up when he felt the cat clawing at his jeans again.

“Judging by the looks of it I think this cat is going to follow us inside again. Maybe you can stay here with it and Youngjae and I head inside.”

“What? No way, I want to go inside too!” Jinyoung whines as he pouts.

“Will be right out in less than ten minutes. Youngjae and I will just grab the drinks and pay so just sit tight with the cat.”

Jinyoung sighs without a fight as Jaebeom motions for Youngjae to follow him inside the store. “We’ll be right back hyung!” Youngjae exclaims sending Jinyoung a smile to hopefully make him feel less miserable. As the store door opens and closes Jinyoung crouches down beside the cat with a frown.

“Why do you even like me so much anyways? I wanted to go inside to get some cool air conditioning.” Jinyoung whines as the cat meows at him. He sighs once more before deciding to pet the cat on the head. A smile slowly appears on Jinyoung’s face as the cat purrs and meows happily. “It feels nice hmm? Who would have thought I will bump into a cat the next day. You’re going to stop following me around after my friends come back yes?”

Jinyoung only receives a meow back that leaves him chuckling under his breath. “You don’t really understand me, do you?” Again another meow comes after his question as the store door opens. Both Jinyoung and Mark looks towards the direction to see Jaebeom and Youngjae coming back out. Youngjae had a drink in hand while Jaebeom was holding onto a black bag.

“See? Took us less than ten minutes.” Jaebeom says grabbing out a drink to hand to Jinyoung who took it. Standing up he uncaps his drink to take a sip before looking back down at the cat.

“I guess this is goodbye then kitty.” Jinyoung smiles at the cat when it began wailing. “What-what is he crying for?” He asks scooping the cat up into his arms to stop it from further wailing. He turns to Jaebeom hoping his friend has the answer to all this.

“I don’t know! Maybe he’s sad that you’re leaving my cats does that all the time.”

“I don’t think he’s going to stop Jaebeom hyung and people are beginning to look at us weirdly.” Youngjae says looking at the people who were entering and exiting the store. He gives them an apologetic smile as the people walk away. “Maybe we should take it with us?”

“What? No way, it’s just going to follow us all around then!” Jinyoung complains.

“Maybe we can adopt the cat then?” Youngjae suggests again. “It looks so sad.”

“Well, Jaebeom here’s your chance in adopting the sixth cat. Since you live in an apartment you could do that.” Jinyoung turns to look at Jaebeom who shook his head.

“I don’t think it will want me given how attached it is to you. Maybe you should take it.”

“Have you forgotten I live in a dorm with Bambam? Our campus doesn’t allow any pets, remember?”

“It’s summer vacation they wouldn’t know. Until we find a better place to settle it in I say the cat should follow you. I don’t want it walking around in this heat.” Jaebeom grumbles. Jinyoung opens his mouth to say something as the store door opens with two male bickering loudly.

“I’m saying Mark hyung would not like this color for his bed.” A tall male with jet black hair says to a shorter male with brown hair. “I think he would prefer the red one.”

“Jinyoung,” Jaebeom’s voice calls out to him sternly. “I don’t think we have a choice. I refuse to let this cat stay in this heat. If you’re still upset about me making fun of what the fortune teller said about your soulmate being a cat then forget about it. I will not let this cat die in this heat.”

“Hey, that cat is-” A voice gets muffled as Jinyoung, Jaebeom, and Youngjae turns to the tall male who was currently cover his shorter friend by the mouth.

“Sorry, don’t mind us.” The tall flashes them a smile before yelping in displeasure. He lets go of the hand covering his friend’s mouth. “Ew! Did you just my hand?”

“Why did you cover my mouth then Yugyeom? They have Ma-”

“THEY HAVE THE CAT WE SAW BEFORE GOING INSIDE THE STORE.” The tall male named Yugyeom exclaims loudly as Jinyoung and his friends stare at him weirdly. “Good memory Jackson hyung.”

“Um-I’m sorry to interrupt, but are you guys this cat’s owner?” Jinyoung asks lifting the brown cat up in his arms.

“What? No, why would you say that?” Yugyeom asks as he not so subtly nudges the shorter male named Jackson on the side who wanted to speak.

“Your friend keeps pointing at the cat?”

“He’s only upset that you could pick him up. Earlier he tried and the cat wouldn’t let him or I do so.” The taller male answers.

“Oh! I agree!” Youngjae pipes up, “The cat wouldn’t let me pet hit earlier and only Jinyoung hyung! Its taken quite a liking to him.”

“Wait, how do you know this cat is a male?” Jaebeom pipes up crossing his arms as Yugyeom laughs.

“We saw it...you know...do it’s business.” The tall male scratch his head in embarrassment. Jackson can only shake his head quietly. “Anyways, it looks like the cat is in good hands, hopefully. We’ll get going then. We need to attend to drop off these cat items for my friends.”

Jinyoung watch as the taller male drags the shorter one away as the cat in his arms meow. He peers down to see the cat watching the two weird males walking away. He sighs as it seems he has no say in whether this cat is coming back to the dorm with him or not.

 

 

 


Hi guys! I'm sorry! I under estimated just how long this storyline was going to be. I'm going to have to break it down into two or three chapters...which means I might not update the second chapter until a long while. TT Please forgive me! I will try my best to finish up writing this story. Also, a few of you guys asked if I was going to update my other stories. I'm guessing you guys meant Drawing a Line Across the Universe. Don't worry! I will. ((: It's just taking a long time for me to do so. Again, I apologize and I hope you guys enjoy this mess of a story haha.♡

Sorry for any grammatical errors!

Love,

Markjinnology