Two

Until It's Gone

Two

 

Today, Steph and I we’re busy because this day is the last day of being a junior. And it’s not easy as what we think, like we got excited about the end of our junior year so yesterday, we planned that we’re going to have some dinner at my house and we forgotten about the things that we should do, like to pass all the papers, requirements and whatever s that we need to do, so we can move up in senior. Steph and I just decided that we’re going to celebrate all the s after these s. The air is not refreshing and it’s so hot, you can feel summer has come. I can feel the sun on my skin. “Ugh these bull s requirements” I rant. Aliyah looked at me, “mouth” she said with a bad look. I just rolled my eyes because I’m really pissed at the moment. I have a lot of things to do, like I’m going to pass the requirements that needed in the literature club and I’m so greedy to join. Plus, my minor subjects ed me up. They’re acting like majors but definitely not. I already completed all the requirements in my major subject but in my minors? VERY ANNOYING. My professors wanted it super organized and adorable and blah whatever! I just finished organizing the paper s that I should pass today because it’s the last day. Now, I’m expecting that I might took so long at the Campus because students are lazy. They’re just going to do all the things when it’s too late, like me. We rant about that, but we keep on doing that kind of habit. My mom is expected to come home tonight because it’s been a week since she left us for her private matter. Aliyah’s summer vacation has already started since last Monday. So she’s the one who’s in charge for all the responsibilities in house. I’ve prepared all the things that I might needed and I already did the house chores.

 

The weather is getting worse! Damn, I can feel the sun is near at me. Like 1 mile apart, it’s very hot swear. The sweat is dropping at my cheeks. My shirt is sweat; my face is sweat. I keep using the portable fan but it’s not enough to avoid this heat.  The students are very busy, you can see the line in counter, dean office, registration form has a great distance from one end and to the other end for short it’s too long. And the system in our University is too slow going. Wish me luck if I can take it for 5 hours or more hours. But I need to. I don’t want to lose hope about joining the club. I remember when I was a freshman, the first time that I’ve read and hear them reciting their poetry’s, is amazing. On that day, I made a promise to myself that someday, I’m able to perform and share my ideas with them too. So here’s the time! This is the chance. I should not lose this chance.

 

It’s been a 2 hours I guess. And I’m little closer at the counter and after that I’m going to pass all the requirements at the Deans office. Then, I’ll go ahead at literature club to pass my resume, requirements and for the interview at last. I’m too haggard but I’m also too tired refresh myself. Like, hello It’s too hot and I don’t even want to move just to look at myself in the mirror. Despite of that, I know and I can feel it that I do not look okay. And I’m always accepting it to myself. Come on, nobody’s perfect in the end of the day you can be look ugly as you do. Or maybe that just for me. While, I’m looking at the end of eternity somebody pokes me. “Elise!” I’m so shocked and I abruptly hugged her. “What the hell, long time no see” I said with a huge shocked mouth. I’m so surprised. “I've missed you!” And she hugged me again. I forgot that I’m sweating and my face is so ing oily. For sure, my smell stinks. “Sorry if I stinks” I said and I gave her a weird look. She just laughed and tapped my back. “Nah, it’s okay. We’ve been friends since we we’re kids and we’re always playing and I know you always stinks” She said with a tone of humor. I know that was a joke but I raised my left eyebrow at her. “We’re just the same” and we both laugh. Elise and I are close to each other since 4th grade I think. We’ve been classmates and we’re neighbors since we we’re 7 years old. She and I used to be so close, and I’m assumed that we could be best friends if she didn’t leave. But she leaves, because everybody does. “So, how’s New York?” I asked while we’re holding hands. The feeling that I’m able to feel are so unreal, like we never seen each other since she left the Philippines. And that time, we’re too young! So we don’t know about the Facebook, yahoo, twitter or even Instagram. So we don’t have connections for almost 12 years. But I can feel the 7-year-old Elise right now doesn’t change and I can feel that our friendship is still the same.  Elise, is actually pretty! She’s the type of girl who’s head turner. When you saw her, she probably going caught your attention. No lies, but that’s the truth. She’s total package, besides of being pretty. She’s a soft hearted, intelligent, kind daughter and also a good friend. I guess. But we know people change. We do, don’t we? But I hope she doesn’t because I loved her what she we’re before.

 

She left here at the Philippines because her Dad is working in New York and her parents decided to live there. And now she came back. “I still can’t believe that I live there for past 12 years. It’s like a dream come true living there with my parents. But before, it’s really hard for me to adjust there because of the weather and the atmosphere.”

“But you know what? I’m going to spend my senior year in college here! And I was glad because I saw you.” She said with a big smile. “Me too. But the way, what course are you taking?” I asked. I’m staring at her and her skin is so fine. “I’m actually pursuing Creative arts. You know, I just got an interview at Literature Club and now I’m in” The smile on my face suddenly change into a big smile. “Really?” 

“Oh my god! Congratulations. You know, Elise since I was in freshmen year I really want to join on that Club. And I’m going to pass my resume too later after this” I said. Then we hugged each other and jumped. It’s kind of weird why did we jumped? Whatever after a few moments talking with an old friend. Elise, leave. And I remain standing here alone, but after a few seconds. It’s already my turn so I, passed all the s that needed to be pass. And now, time for the literature club. I knocked at the door and it was open. So without hesitations I open the door and continue to walk. “Hello” Someone greeted me.

 

 

I looked at her, she gave me a wide smile. She has slanted eyes, looks like a Korean or Chinese vibe something. I gave her a wide smile too. “I’m going to pass my resume and requirements for the interview.” I said.

“Wait for a second. I’ll check your resume and the requirements first.” I just nodded. And suddenly, I started to be anxious. My hands were cold, and even earlier I’m sweating. Right now, I feel the coldness wrapping around my body. Plus, the air-conditioner inside here at the room. This is it! But it doesn’t sink at my head. I keep telling to myself right now. Do your best! Do it. Do it. You can’t lose this. It’s the only chance. And if you lost this chance. You might regret forever. I take a deep breath. “Okay, Renee Mandau right? Your requirements are all complete. Now you can proceed at the room for your interview.” She said with a soft voice. Her eyes are close when she started to smile.

 

I proceeded at the room like what she said, there’s a three person who’s sitting in front of me. I greeted them and they just give me a smile.  The one is my professor for the senior year, the second person is the trainer of this club and third person is a student president of this club. I can tell that they are giving me the kind of stare that all people hate. A judging look, I really hate it. I just look at the wall behind their back and focus like no one’s looking at me or criticizing me on their own heads. I’m still standing because they never said that I should now sit, they just started to look my resume and nodding to each other. And thank God, they already gave me signal to take a sit. And the interview begins, “So, let’s start. Please introduce your name and information about yourself” I smiled, and concentrate “Hi, good afternoon. I’m Renee Mandau, and I’m 19. Since then, I really love to write some poetry’s, poem. When I’m sad I write. When I’m happy, I write. When I’m mad, I write. Writing is my hobby and that is my passion that they can never get. People loves to read, but I love to write what they read. My heart feels happy when people read my poetry’s. And the feedbacks that I would love to hear is they can relate on it. Because that time, I’ve realized that I was never alone. That they can feel the same way I feel about life, about things. And all the feels that they can feel about. Way back, when I’m still a freshman. There’s an event, that this club got my attention. I really want to share all the thoughts to people, and give them more realizations that they can relate to. When I’ve heard how people in this club delivered the words that they wrote. It’s so amazing. I still remember that day, it’s still clear in my memory. So, I told myself that I’ll wait until my senior year comes and I definitely should be part of this Club.”

 

I’m not really sure for what I’ve said. If it’s right or wrong, they looked like they’re not impressed. I just smiled, and I’m trying to make an expression that they can’t find that I’m nervous right now. My answer, aren’t that great, but it comes from my heart. And I know to myself that I am so sincere about it. They had a not-so-little meeting. I can see that they’re nodding to each other. And then after that, they looked at me and now they are giving me their pure smile. “You’re in”

 

That was amazing! I’m so happy my heart is very flattered and the excitement in my heart is different. I want to jump while I’m walking and humming the song that I liked. I quickly text Steph for the great news and he replied ridiculous, he said yes bring back my wig. Sometimes I really don’t understand him. The sun is starting to calm down, and the hotness earlier changed with a strong wind. My hair flying because of the wind and the sunset is about to come, the skies are turning into orange. Beautiful, I get my phone and earphones in my pocket I started to listen indie songs and walk. I’m really curious what might happen to my future, I have a lot of questions in my mind and I can’t tell to anyone. All I can do is to write. I was worried to face the real life, after college. There’s a big challenge that is waiting for me, I know that. Because life works that way. I’m walking at the side walk; you know I can’t avoid the bridge because that way is on my way home. That’s the reason why I keep going there after my class. While I’m walking and humming at the same time, again. I saw a guy sitting down at the bridge. His shadow is like an art. He perfectly fits at the view. These past few days, the sunset is really beautiful and I keep seeing this guy here at the bridge. I’m too stubborn, I can’t help it so I sat beside him. I keep on humming and I removed the earphones and I turn off the music. “What’s up?” I said.

“Why are you keep on stalking me?” he asks, while not trying to look at me. I bite my lips and smile “No I don’t” I said and then I laugh. Finally, he looked at me so I did. He gave me a serious look, “Then why are you sitting beside me?” He asks. “Because I saw you again here”

“Why are you even here?”

“Because this is my way home” I said and I blink my eyes and I smiled. He looks embarrassed because of the action the he gave to me. “Nah, It’s okay” I said. “Don’t you remember me?” I sighed and I look at the silhouettes of the sunset. “Why would I forget the reason why I got zero on my experiment? And the silly girl who thought that I’m about to end my life?” He gave me a weird look like he’s saying that I should embarrassed for what I’ve done to him. I cleared my throat, “Uh, I thought you’re about to end your life. Don’t you? I already ask you last time I saw you” I said. “You believed that?” He raised his eye brow, even though the birds are chirping and waves are pumping and the vehicles revving up. All I can hear is his beautiful voice. No, I don’t like him. But, he’s really good looking and kind of impressing. “Yes I did. Because your about to jump.” I said. And my face is so confused right now. Is he being sarcastic or not? I’m not really sure, like what I’ve said before it’s very hard to know what’s really on his mind. He has a playful look, that you can’t predict what’s going on with him. He stood up, I looked at him. He offers his hand to me, so I can stand too. I ‘m about to get it, but he removed it like a kid and he make face with me. Why is he so cute? Even though he’s cute I end up standing by myself. Tall, dark, handsome. His eyes are so beautiful, brown eyes. I can’t keep my eyes of him, he’s charming okay. I’ll admit it. His eyes are my favorite. “So what’s the real story about it?” I ask again. Duh, I’m so curious and when I’m curious I can’t stop but talking and asking questions even they felt uncomfortable with it. “Do you really want to know?” He said. So, I nodded.

“If we bumped to each other again tomorrow. I’ll tell you my story.” He said. I rolled my eyes. “I know that trick. Today is last day, and tomorrow is the start of summer vacation. And we’re probably not see each other or bumped to each other because mostly of you guys want to stay at home and spend their time at the bed.” He burst out laughing. “I don’t even know you, why are you expecting that I’m going to tell you?” he said. And then he walked away. But he waved while he’s walking.

I followed him, and stop him. “Give me your hands.” I said with a serious voice. He doesn’t want to give his hands but I forced it. I write on his palms. “Okay now bye!”

“What the hell is this?” He shouted. “My dummy account email. I don’t know you, you don’t know me. Then, let’s just pretend to be someone else names and let’s be friends. No giving hints or giving the real name! Email me” I shouted. See? When my heart is so happy I became like this. And I can’t even control it. After a few minutes, “I’m home” I shouted. And I saw Steph sitting at the couch eating some pop corns. And somebody hugged me from the back. I look back, “Mom” I hugged her so tight. “I've missed you” I said and I kissed her on the cheek. “I missed you too” She said.

 

 

 

“I didn’t know that you’re coming” I said to Steph while we’re having dinner at the garden. My mom cooked us dinner and the themed is barbecue house party because I am now officially part of the Literature club. I only have 100 days of summer starting tomorrow after that I’m sure I’ll be busy the whole senior year. “We talked about it, after passing all those s we planned to grab some dinner” he said. “Why are you so late anyways?” He asks. So, I’ve started talking, I talked about Elise and about the guy at the bridge and I told him what I’ve said about the email thingy. His reaction was priceless he never thought that I can do that to a stranger. And because Steph, Mom, Ali and I just celebrating this dinner. I texted Elise if she can come over. And she did, “Elise this is Steph my best friend. Steph this is Elise my child hood friend” I said and I gave them a wide smile. “What’s with the smile?” Steph whispered to me. “It’s your time” I said and then I pushed them to each other. And they gave me a monster glare look. I just laughed. Ali and Mom are dancing at the music; the stars are very beautiful. It feels like you can star gaze here in garden. While I’m enjoying the wind, my phone pops. And I received an email. Yeah I thought it’s him but no, I’m being delusional.  And then suddenly my phone pops literally. It’s already 11:15 pm, and the stars are increasing rapidly. The moon is big and it shines so bright. The wind is perfect for the ambiance here at the garden. I put some picnic cloth at the mid grass and I lay down. I can hear the music and the laugh of the important persons in my life. My heart is so happy and I don’t even want to end this night. Can I keep this memory forever? Can we stay like this forever? I looked at my phone and it’s an email from him.

 

11:15 pm

denverpres@gmail-com

Hi, you got me. I did an email.