Three

Until It's Gone

Three

 

11:15pm

[email protected]

i̶ ̶d̶i̶d̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶e̶x̶p̶e̶c̶t̶ ̶that̶ ̶you̶'̶l̶l̶ ̶do̶ ̶it̶

oh, hey! So now you’re in? That’s cool. Anyways, nice username huh.

 Denver Pres? What should I call you Denver? Pres? Where’s Denver came from?

 

There are things why I love sunrise, It’s because in every end of sunset there’s always tomorrow. Sunrise gives me hope, in every end of the day it’s like sunrise giving me a message that every ending there’s a new beginning that is waiting for you. You can begin again, when you’re having a bad day, just remember there’s always tomorrow to make right all the wrong things you have done. You may not able to go back from what mistakes you did. but you can change for the better. My phone pops, and it’s too early in the morning but I can feel the warm sun touching my skin. The sun is shining at my window. There’s no curtain at my room. And I only have one window at it beside my bed. I love to look at it every time so that’s why I don’t want some curtains. It’s so beautiful, I open my window and the wind is not too cold. The morning weather is too warm, and I love how it warms me up. I sat down at my bed and I wrapped my blanket around my skin. And I start to check my phone, it’s him. Yeah, it’s Denver. That’s how should I call him from now on, he replied.

 

6:20 am

[email protected]

sorry last night, I fell as sleep.

I feel rejected, and dumb as well. For 5 minutes, I look my phone. And I’m trying to figure it out what he sends me. That’s it? Is that all I’ve got from what I’ve said yesterday? He says that I got him. And I start praising him and ask random question but he just replied with 8 words? I laugh sarcastically. I can’t believe it. I throw my cellphone away from me and I lay down again in my bed. I wrapped my blanket to cover my body because it’s really cold. You know, summer is really hard to understand I feel weather is betraying us. In the morning it’s cold, fresh and warm you up. But then after, the heat of summer will blow you out. Seriously! I sighed and I get my phone. And I look for 5 minutes again with his email. I’m really curious why he chooses that name. There’s a billion name or maybe he can make a new one. Like he can invent with his own words, but why Denver? It quite sounds familiar. Like a cartoon character but yeah it’s him. Well, I used Lauren Oli as my username because I really love Lauren Oliver. I make short her last name instead Oliver I just used Oli it’s cute anyways. Lauren Oliver was a great author. She wrote the novel Delirium which is Trilogy and also she’s the author of Before I fall. Her stories are amazing and it’s really interesting. So, I’m a fan of hers and if there’s a chance I want her talent even just for one day. Should I talk too much with Denver? What should I reply? Should I act and start a new conversations or should I rant why he’s reply doesn’t have connection of what I’ve said to him last night? Whatever, he looks like a mean guy. So, I’m just going to pretend like he didn’t reject my first mail.

 

6:50 am

[email protected]

hey morning!

 

I’m literally shaking, even me I’m confused with my own self. Is that right? I’m doubting with my own words. If he’s mean, should I be mean too? But I’m the one who suggest it. So I start typing again… This guy really getting into my nerves. His presence making me curious more about him. I know I might get creepy but I really want to know more about him. I’m biting my nails because I’m tending to be anxious to myself. Should I send this? Ali knocked on the door and surprised me with my mom, Steph and Elise. “Happy birthday!” I am so surprised and I press the send unexpectedly…

 

6:50 am

[email protected]

It’s okay. Don’t mind it! So you’re now already in.

I’m little bit curious what make did you changed your mind?

 

6:51 am

[email protected]

you.

 

I can feel my heart stops beating for a second. I can feel my hands so cold right now, and there’s a butterflies in my tummy... I was dumbfounded, and I can’t easily move my body because of the butterflies playing inside my body. It’s like there’s something with his ‘you’ thingy and it makes me surprised and it makes me paralyzed. I just sigh and I throw again my phone. I just shake my head.

Even though I’m already here at down stairs, watching movie I can’t stop thinking what he replied to me. I know that Ali and mom kept on looking at me but my lips keep forming a wide smile. It’s like I’m having a romantic excitement but nah, no. Definitely no and a super big no. But I look again at my phone and ugh! I hate this kind of feeling if I have a chance to punch what’s inside in my tummy I would definitely kill it! And now, I just literally slapped my face. What? Did I just slap myself? My mom attempts roughly to seized my phone in my hand but suddenly I was too quick to grab my phone back. “What’s with your smile darling?” she said with her judging look. Ali stand beside her. “What’s with you two?” I asked. “Don’t manipulate us with your own hands” Ali said. “No I’m not!” I said and rolled my eyes. I turn my back on them, and I acts like I didn’t care about what they’re thinking about me. Anyways, today is my birthday but I really don’t like celebrating my birthday.  “Why did you surprised me?” I asked.  But they attacked me by asking questions back. “Aren’t you surprised?”

“Don’t you like it?”

“Do you think we don’t love you?” I close my eyes and I sigh. These people getting in my nerves and they just laugh. “Of course, you’re important and besides we’re just happy because after the summer vacation you’re finally be living by doing your dream.” Mom smiles at me. I grab my mom’s hand “Thank you for everything.” After that we’ve decided to celebrate my birthday by watching some movies and have some dinner at rooftop of a hotel to watch some city lights. “Hey kids! I’m going to drive you later alright?” Mom said. Her tone is completely happy. She’s happy that she will drive later. I can’t move my mouth to chew the popcorn that I’m currently eating right now. I feel like I’m a statue for a second because of what I’ve heard. I transferred my eyes to Ali to see her reaction but she’s just looking at me and I’m looking at her. We’re looking each other. Even it’s just a look we know what’s running to our mind. We’re giving I-think-we’re-dead look to each other. Mom got her license when I was first year college I can’t tell that I’m proud of her because she’s driving for us, the fact that she’s a careless driver makes me scared more. Until now. I just wonder if having some family time is good idea for us or not because earlier mom represents proudly that she’s going to drive us at the mall. I gulp “are you sure mom?” I said. She turns around her face “Yes. Is there a problem?” she says. I just shake my head. We’re now dead. I go upstairs and get my phone. I keep checking it if Denver sends an email for me but I end up being disappointed because he’s too slow to reply. Like we’re not even talking. Our conversation is like a dried mango. He’s too lazy to reply what I’m saying. And I can tell, he’s not interested about me. I just rolled my eyes. Who cares? I’m about to go downstairs again for the 9th time but my phone finally pops. My lips start to form into a wide smile but when I check my phone. My expression suddenly changes. It’s not him, it’s ing Steph. I throw my cellphone away. “I don’t care” I shouted and I kick the stuff toy lying down at the floor. I got reaction from down stairs “Mom, Renee said she don’t care about what are you talking about” She shouted. “Renee go down NOW” mom said. I just hit my forehead with my palm. And I shake my head Ali is literally annoying. I’m not talking about what mom said I didn’t even hear it.  “It’s not you” I shouted again. “NOW” but I can tell that mom is literally angry. I glance my phone “It’s all your fault Denver” I shouted again. “Mom! Renee has a boyfriend who names Denver”

“SHUT THE UP ALI”

“Mom! Renee just cursed!”

“I SAID GO DOWN NOW” Ugh. I’m about to go but my phone pops. I hate myself for being hopeless that he’s going to send me an email but whatever I get it again to check who’s texted me. Or email me and I can feel that my expression abruptly changes again. What am I? A psychopath? I’m angry a while ago and now I looked like an angel who’s looking at phone.

 

1:00pm

denverpres@gmail-com

hey, sorry I’ve been busy for last two days so I’m not able to reply on your email. To be honest, you’re little bit weirdo because of this. But I guess there’s nothing wrong. I can’t tell that we’re definitely a stranger but let’s not judge each other. I’ve been thinking about this for hundred times but because you already started this. I’ve decided to ask this question to you. Do you want to spend your summer with me?

 

1:01 pm

denverpres@gmail-com

sorry I should rephrase it. Let’s spend summer together.

 

I can feel the electricity flows through my body. I can feel the warm on my face and it’s the reason why my cheeks turning into red right now. I bite my lips but everything was ruined when mom opens the door. “I told you to go down!” She shouted. I was shocked I turn around on her. “Mom, It’s not you who am I talking earlier. Ali is a story maker” I said. “Go down and clean up the dining table” she says and she walk out from my room. Today is my birthday, why they are being like this? I used not to celebrate my birthday and pretend like it’s just an ordinary day for me but today they made a surprise for me. They made me feel today that I was so special but why it turns out like this?

After the drama scenario earlier. I can’t help but to think what Denver said to me in email. He wants to spend his Summer with me. Why of a sudden? Mom told us to prepare early so we can arrive at the schedule time for the movie that we’re going to watch. I’m not really agree that she’s going to drive for us. “Mom, don’t you think that we can hire people to drive us” Ali suggested. I look at her. Mom shakes her head. “Unless you’re the one who’s going to pay it” We both look each other. I have a guts that mom should not drive. I call Ali to come to my room. “What is it?” She asks. “Mom should not drive” and our minds suddenly become one. Our plan is I’m going to tell mom that I should go to School because there’s an urgent meeting for our Club. And then we’re just going to meet each other at the mall. And Ali will convince mom to commute because she needs to drop the book that she borrowed from her classmate.

At first, I thought mom would not agree to our secret made up plan but she said okay. So, for now I should leave exact 3:00 pm because we’re going to meet at 5:00 pm. And now time check it’s now 2:30 pm and I started to prepare. I’m wearing black round neck cropped shirt, denim jacket and denim skirt. And I put some neck scarf. After that, I told them I’m now leaving and they ignore me. What? They acting so weird. Even Ali didn’t say bye to me but whatever. I started walking and thinking what should I do. I need to wait for almost 2 hours because we should meet at 5pm. I sighed, bridge is my favorite place since I was a kid I love to go here. I can feel the calmness whenever I’m spending my time here. Inhale. Exhale. I’ve decided to take my time here for almost 1 hour and later on I’m just going to think where should I spend the remaining 1 hour. It’s already 3pm and mister sun starting to calm down. The skies above look so pure blue it’s pleasing my mind aesthetically. And the sea is silent, when you keep staring at it the vivid blue sea keeps on reflecting bright light. When I’m looking at it my thoughts are calming down I can feel an authentic happiness in my heart. The breeze is fresh nicely and I breathe deeply. I love this kind of weather. I’m starting to fall in love with summer. “I didn’t expect that you’re here. You ignore my email huh” And I can tell that now I love summer because of... “Denver” I said. I never had a crush in my whole life. Besides of being not so pretty, I spend all my time to study. And boys never come to my mind. Because maybe I have Steph in my life so I thought I don’t need anyone. And maybe I thought that I would never fall in love or have an infatuation for someone. “Same. I’m not expecting you here.” I said. He smiles and he sit beside me. “Is this your favorite place?” I ask.

“This place makes me calm down” He said.

“This place makes me happy” I said and I look at the sea.

“What this place makes you happy?” He asks.

“The beautiful art that God made.” I said with a mellow tone.

“When I first saw this view, I can’t keep myself but to come back...” I continue.

I stretch my arms “Since I was a kid I love to come here. Whenever I’m sad, happy, mad, alone. I would love to spend my time staring this beautiful view. This is the great place when you want to see the sunset and sunrise.” I said.  “Oh I see” he nodded.

“This beautiful place makes me calm, and if there’s a chance to choose where I can end my life. I chose it here” He said out of nowhere. My eyes got bigger. I’m so shook of what he said. 

“D-Don’t say that. You know, we don’t know when he will get our lives. When and where, you should focus yourself on the present happenings with your life and what you want.” I said.

“You don’t understand”

“Yeah, I don’t understand. I don’t even know who you are. But life is the most precious thing in life. You should know that” I said. He gives me a glance and he stood up. “Wa-wait. Where are you going?” I ask him.

“House?” He said. I shrug my head and I grabbed him. “Come with me”