Four

Until It's Gone

Four

 

 

You know; life is very interesting. You should know that. I mean you need to realize that”

“I know. I love living in this world”

“I can’t understand”

“there are some things that you don’t need to understand”

“people can understand. And people wants to understand. If you let them.”

“for what? I’ll be just a burden to them... and I don’t want to be a burden...”

“if they truly care for you. They will not think of that way---““Let me ask you. Is that what they’re thinking? Or is that what you’re thinking?” I said.

 

 

“What now?” He asked. He’s completely clueless. I’m just holding his right hand. And we’re walking at the mall. I’m just thinking that he can join me, because I’m too bored being alone. And I have 2 hours more to meet Ali and Mom. I took him at the food court. “What do you want to eat?” I ask him.

“Pizza” He said.

“Oh Pizza! I love pizza” I said and then I pushed him. Then his forehead got frowned. I just smiled. “With pineapples or nah?” I asked.

“I love pineapples. But not in pizza” He said.

“What? But pineapples are the best!”

“I love pineapples but not in pizza.” He repeats.

I make face. “But pineapples are— “he put some tissue to my mouth and he stood up.

“I’m the one who’s going to order. You should be considerate about what others like” He said. I rolled my eyes. It’s so many people here at mall. Well, I think it’s every day routine at mall. I feel bad for the worker here because I can feel that it’s really tiring. I’m just waiting for Denver.

“Here’s your pineapple pizza” then he rolled his eyes. I just laughed. He’s too cute with those rolled eyes.

“What did you order?” I ask.

“None of your business” He said. “Ohhh pepperoni?” I said.

He gives me a cold stare. “Alam mo naman pala” he’s being rude again. Well, whatever he’s rude always.

“Can I taste that?” I asked. And then I’m looking like a puppy.

“No.” He said. “Then taste this!” I said.

“No.”

“TASTE THIS!”

 

 

 

 

It’s so funny that I met a stranger and then we’re hanging out together. “After you pushed me to eat those pizzas with pineapples what now again?” He’s a bit irritated.

“Instead going home so early. Let’s have some fun here at the Game Zone.” I said and we stopped because we’re already here at our destination. GAME ZONE. Again, I grabbed his hand and I paid the tokens. “Let’s play Arcade” I said. But he’s just looking at me.

“Why are you looking at me?” I said and I blink my eyes but he’s just really staring at me.

“Hey, hey! Stop that. You told me that you and I will spend summer together right? So now it begins.” I said. And now, he already blinking his eyes and he just sit beside me and we played. We’re now playing arcades, and guess who’s going to win. “YES!” I jumped out because I got too excited. And he goes to my place and looked at me as if he’s going to punch me. But he rolled his eyes and he walked out. I laughed. I run after him, “hey it’s just a game.” I said but he keeps on walking so fast. I’m thankful because I’m long legged so he is. But he’s so tall. As in. “Hey why are you mad?” I grabbed his long sleeves. So he stopped. He looked at me, he’s stare. Oh god, I’m distracted. He’s looking at me like, he’s a monster. But not totally a monster. He’s a y monster that you’ll fall in love with. On no, I should erase that on my mind. I shake my head, but suddenly he gave me a look of irritated and he furrowed his forehead as a facial expression. What did I do? To be with this beautiful young man? My heart is beating so fast. It’s crazy. I’m so crazy. It feels like the time stopped and it’s just the two of us who’s existing here in this world right now. Whoa I’m having a delusional moment because maybe I’m watching too much romantic movies. He removed my hands on his wrist. “Do you want to say something? Or? You just going to look at me until I melt?” I didn’t notice that my mouth we’re widely open.

 

I move backward and then I closed my mouth. What a shame. I gulped. “You’re such a feeler.” I shouted. “Whoa, why are you being so defensive?” He chuckles. He. Just. Chuckled. “Ah! Stop laughing. You know, I hate this. Why you’re so unfair?” I looked at him. I’m in furious.

“What are you talking about?” He asked.

“How could you be looked so good even you’re angry nor happy?” I said.

Then I walked out.

He called my name. But I didn’t look back.

Because I’m not Lauren.

It’s not my name.

 

 

I’ve just realized something. People are really beautiful, whether their smiling or not. Even they’re crying or mad. People are so amazing. We just need to learn how to appreciate it. There’s no ugly in this world. Because we got beautiful souls. I’m walking at the mall right now, and I just checked my phone and 50 missed calls from mom. Oh crap. I’m dead.

It’s already 5:30pm and I guess we’re now late to watch the movie that we have scheduled. “Mom” I said. And then I hugged her. “You’re late” She said. “Why you’re still here? Outside?” I asked.

Ali’s came. “I bought some popcorns” She said and she rolled her eyes.

“You got the wrong schedule. The movie will start about 6pm. We’re too early.” Mom said and she grabbed some popcorn that Ali bought. “I think mom; she knew it already” Ali’s annoying comment. “No. I didn’t” I said. “Then why are you late?” Mom ask.

“Nothing. I just met a friend.” I said, and I grabbed some popcorn.

“You mean boyfriend” Ali side comment again. I just rolled my eyes. And mom looking at me. ‘What?” I lead the walk. My heart is so happy seeing people gathering and spending their time with their families and love ones. I don’t know but it’s so pleasing. People loving each other and world peace? I guess that’s the best thing that will happen in every people lives. Right? Because who hates peace and love? I guess no one? Or maybe it’s just me? The movie started, while I’m watching the movie. Flashback comes to my mind. Why of a sudden I remember how I said goodbye to Denver? It’s so awkward and a little bit embarrassing. No! It’s not a little bit. That’s really embarrassing. Imagine what did I tell him! Ugh. First of all, why did I said that? It looks like I’m having a crush on him. Annoying? Unfair? I hate? What with those words. Why those words suddenly came out of my mouth. What a woman Renee. Did you just embarrass yourself to that man? Definitely, yes. I’m ashamed of myself. I just shrug my head and I grabbed some popcorn and then I focused myself to the movie. It will be a waste of money if I would not give myself a try to understand this movie. But I guess, Denver clearly wants to manifest what did I do earlier. He emailed me.

 

 

[email protected]

“what’s with you earlier? You got a crush on me huh?”

DID. HE. JUST. TEASED. ME? “Oh this guy!”

“Denver?”

“YES” I said. But I didn’t know that I said it. Literally. While my mom and Ali’s here. Well, I’m sitting in the middle of Mom and Ali. So, I’m expecting that now, I’m definitely dead. I look slowly to Ali and I changed the direction of my look to mom. And she’s looking at me and to my phone. I abrupt hide my phone briskly. And gave a smile to her. “Mom. Renee has a friend who named Denver” Ali’s annoying comment ever. Thanks God, mom didn’t pay attention about what Ali said. I permanently hide my phone at my pocket and continued to watch the movie. I’m just happy that mom is now back. And also, I’m happy that we celebrated my birthday not just once but twice. I’m really thankful about what’s happening right now. The night is being cold again. I’m looking at my window. My heart is very happy I can’t even explain what I’m feeling right now. I just feel like I’m lucky. We’re not that rich. I didn’t raise to a known family but I’m so thankful because my family full filled all the love what I needed. I’m wishing all people received what love that they deserve because we all deserves that. I open my window, I put my two palm below my chin. I look above the sky. The stars and moon they’re all shining, I wonder what it feels like sitting under the moon. Watching all the city lights, seeing how earth can be peaceful while people having a rest on their own home or place. And how homeless people suffer because they don’t have place to sleep. I wonder how people suffered every night. Some things really come to my mind out of nowhere. But we’re all curious right?

 

Looking at the moon, makes my life so bright. It’s like a giant mirror in the night sky and it reflects and shine at the same time. Same as stars, stars are so far. Stars might near from you, but deep inside you’re so far to reach them. Then suddenly the breeze become strong, but I got shocked when I’m about to close the window. There’s a guy looking at me in front of our house. It’s so creepy. I closed my window and I close the curtains too. My phone rings. And Denver emailed me again. I forgot about Denver because I enjoyed the movie. Ali and I talked too much about the movie because we got attached to the characters and after that we had dinner and mom spoiled us and she bought all the things we want.

 

 

 

[email protected]

“Someone’s knocking on my door. It’s so creepy. There’s a news that there’s a guy who’s standing in front of a random house. And he’s just staring.”

 

I don’t know what to react. Because I guess the guy that he’s talking about is standing right now in front of our house. I gulped and I lay down to my bed and I cover myself using a blanket.

 

 

 

[email protected]

“You’re creeping me out. I guess that guy is standing right now in front of our house. I think he saw me saw him at my window. I don’t know what to do I’m sweating.”

 

 

[email protected]

“Really? I guess you need to go and see him. And tell him to go because that’s creepy”

 

[email protected]

“Are you insane? What a nonsense talker”

 

[email protected]

“Coward”

 

 

[email protected]

“No I’m not”

 

[email protected]

“Then do it”

 

 

[email protected]

“What if he’s crazy?”

 

[email protected]

“stereotyping huh?”

 

[email protected]

“Okay. I’ll do it. So he can stop by doing that thing to others too”

[email protected]

“It doesn’t matter if somethings happen to me right? Because you don’t care what might happen to others and I’m not even your friend. I’m just a stranger so you’re talking like that...”

 

[email protected]

“I’m not stereotyping. Like who’s in normal going to stand in front of a random house and just to stare?”

 

Okay. I’m so triggered just by now. I removed the blanket and I sat down. My phone rings but I just ignore it. I called the police and I report about it. And I wake up my mom and I tell her about the news and the guy that I saw. Ali woke up too. Our lights are off, and we’re looking at the other side of the window not mine. We’re just staring at the guy who’s standing in front of our house. And he keeps on texting I guess? On his phone. Like he’s so bothered. But his just standing in front of our house. He’s wearing a hood. We heard the siren of the cops. My mom holding a knife, Ali’s holding a bat and me I’m holding a bat too. The three of us open our door but we’re hiding the things that we might need to defense ourselves. He got shocked I know. His face shows it. But I’m more shocked. Mom and Ali shows their knife and bat to the guy who named Denver. And I was like, poker face. I can’t describe what facial expression I’m having right now. And the cops arrived. “Where’s the creepy guy?” the cop asked.

 

 

Mom and Ali pointed to Denver. Oh , cops might have revealed his real name. He can’t even speak up for his self and he’s like waiting for me to speak up for him. I gulped and I grabbed Denver’s shirt with poker face. “are you out of your mind?” I shouted. Mom and Ali’s face are clueless. I looked at the cops. “Sorry sir to disturb you. But this guy, I know him. And I think he’s just joking around and I took it seriously.” I said.

 

The two officers face got confused. I can tell by looking their faces. “What are you talking about Miss?” The Cop asked. “This guy” I point my fingers to Denver.

“I know him. He’s my friend. Sorry for wasting your time. We’ll get some food as peace offering. I’m so sorry” I said. And I bowed to them. I looked to Denver too. He bowed to. “I’m so sorry sir” He said. And he scratches his head.

“Ahhh, Really. Kids now a day” The cop said. They looked so irritated in pissed at the same time so I am. And my mom.

 

Mom gave some food to the officers as a peace offering because of the trouble that Denver and I made. I thought it’s sleeping time but Mom ask Denver to stay at home for a minute. We’re now sitting at the living room and Ali’s here also. “So, what happened?” mom asked. Denver and I looked to each other.