Chapter 3

Girl in the Mirror

 

 

[!! Double update! Read the previous chapter if you haven't already]

 

Chaeyoung settles into her warm covers. It’s two and a half hours since the mysterious crash incident and the girls had concluded that it was probably a hoax. A cat on the roof or something.

But just to ward off any nightmares tonight, they had watched a sappy romantic comedy on Jihyo’s laptop before hitting the beds, even though they were dead tired to begin with. They can’t just go to bed all antsy.

Chaeyoung sighs. It had been a long day. She switches on her ipod, plugs in her earphones and selects a playlist. Switches off the lamp.

Sleep makes its way to her almost immediately.

But right before her eyes close, she thinks she sees shadows dancing across the ceiling...

 

 

Chaeyoung is in a forest. The trees that surround her on every side, they are so tall. Her eyes follow them all the way up, right up to the very top where the sky should be. Except it’s covered up with branches and only little patches of blue peek through like skin behind lace.

So her gaze trails back down. She decides to just walk.

And she walks and walks. And walks. It’s strange how she’s not getting tired, but Chaeyoung doesn’t care.

It’s pretty peaceful.

She eventually comes across a clearing.  A circle of light, the only place the sun falls on.

“I’m going to dance now, so you should probably go.”

Chaeyoung spins around. There’s a girl standing a few feet away. It seems like she came from the same direction Chaeyoung did.

“Hi?”

“Hello.”

“Can’t I watch you dance?”

The girl considers this.

“I suppose you could if you want to.”

“Thanks.”

“Sit there,” the girl points to a patch of grass.

Chaeyoung sits down as directed.

The girl steps to the centre of the clearing. There’s no music, but she just starts dancing.

And Chaeyoung watches.

What can she say? It’s beautiful to watch, the dance. She’s starting to feel kind of dizzy.

The flowy satin- dress- highlights the grace in every curve of the wrist and sway of the hip. The way she arches her back. It’s a bit like ballet, but not quite.

The sunlight reflecting off on the girl’s white dress almost makes everything a blinding blur, but Chaeyoung notices every little move.

And they tug at her heartstrings. She doesn’t know why.

Again, and again, and again. The dance goes on forever.

 

🏠

 

“Yooo Chae wake up!!!”

“Ugh. Who is this?”

“Wakey wakey! Rise and shine, darling!”

“Wsh jsh lrs tsh js rlrlj?”

Nayeon blinks back at her. “Come again?”

“Wha-” God, why does it hurt so much to speak, let alone lift a muscle “–why are you up so early?”

Nayeon grins. How can she grin so bright at a time like this?

“I’m not early! It’s past ten thirty! We’re all up and Jihyo was like call you so we can go shopping for stuff to decorate the house!”

“Really?”

“Yeah!”

“Okay. Tell them I’ll come in a bit,” Chaeyoung grumbles her way out of bed. “...On second thought, I’m gon’ have to come anyways to shower...”

Nayeon grins some more and skips out of the room.

Chaeyoung needs half of Nayeon’s zest to life. She grunts.

She jerkily pads her way to the mirror. Squints at her reflection.

Oh? Thank god that pimple is gone. It had been there all of last week and had been torturing her like no other.

Then her vision clears some more. She blinks.

There is someone behind her. Looking right back at her. Someone who shouldn’t be there.

Chaeyoung screams at the top of her lungs.

 

🏠

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Is everyone missing Sana and Tzuyu? Don't worry, they'll be coming in the next chapter ♡

 

Wish you a happy 2019..!!! Hope it brings you everything you want it to. Cheers!