Chapter 2

Unexpected
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

PS.Dialogues that are in bold letters are used when the characters are speaking Japanese.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Authors' POV

 

 

The sun is about to set when Chaeyeon landed in Kagoshima. Not forgetting to wear her cap and mask, just in case anybody recognizes her, Chaeyeon went out of the airport to look for the taxi bay. And without any hassle she was able to find it. She got into a taxi and she gave the driver the name of the inn that she will be staying in.

“To Miyawaki’s Inn please” The inn she would be staying at, as per Eunbi, is a traditional Japanese inn. It’s a little small but Eunbi said that it was probably the coziest inn she had ever been. And aside from coziness of the place, Eunbi recommended it because their family personally knows the owner of the inn. Being the protective leader as she is, Eunbi made sure that the place that Chaeyeon will stay in is safe.

The ride to the place  was surprisingly fast. In no time, she was the taxi was already in front of the inn. To be honest, Chaeyeon didn’t really expect anything fancy. She was actually expecting it to be a little shabby. But, she was kinda surprised on how elegant the place looks. It gives off the traditional vibes, that’s for sure.

Chaeyeon got off the taxi without forgetting to muster a little thank you to the driver. She went inside the inn and was greeted by a cute looking receptionist at the reception area.

“Good evening ma’am, what could I do for you?” The receptionist asked Chaeyeon in Japanese. Fortunately, Chaeyeon could speak a little Japanese so she didn’t have a hard time understanding the girl.

“I have a reservation under the name of Kwon Eunbi” Eunbi, her ever so caring leader, even arranged a reservation for her.

“Oh! Are you Miss Lee Chaeyeon?” Chaeyeon gave off a little smile and a nod to answer the girl’s question.

“Miss Kwon asked us to treat you with extra care” The receptionist said while she was getting the key to Chaeyeon’s reserved room. Even though Miyawaki’s inn is traditionally designed, they made to sure put some modern aspects to it too. Instead of having the usual sliding doors, they changed it into the usual door with a knob. But they made sure to keep the interior as traditional as it can be.

“Here’s your key Miss Chaeyeon. You can find a yukata inside your room miss, wear it if you like. Enjoy your stay here!” The receptionist cheerfully said. Chaeyeon took the key from the other girl while politely smiling. The receptionist then called on someone to accompany Chaeyeon to her room and also to help her with her belongings.

“Let me get that for you ma’am” The girl, which the receptionist had called on to help her, got Chaeyeon thinking if she’d actually let the girl carry her things. Seeing the girl’s height made Chaeyeon feel bad about letting the girl carry her heavy bags.

“You don’t have to. I can take care of this. Just show me the room please.” Chaeyeon being the sweetheart that she is, carried her own bag and suitcase.

The girl, who was probably asleep when god sprinkled the height to mankind, led the way.

“You’re Miss Chaeyeon right?”

“Ah, yeah” Chaeyeon, who was a bit surprised with the question, said.

“My name’s Nako, Yabuki Nako. You’re gonna love you’re stay here Miss Chaeyeon. The scenery in your room is specially amazing. Eunbi onee-chan made sure to reserve the best room for you”

“Eunbi unnie... how frequent does she go here? You seem close to her” Chaeyeon asked as she noticed that Eunbi seems to be a regular here since the staffs seems to know her on a personal level.

“She goes here with her family every winter. But, if I remember correctly, she stopped coming here 4 years ago. Only her family stops by every winter now.” Having an idea on why the older girl stopped coming, she just smiled at the shorter girl. Thinking that this girl might have worked her for a long time now if she’s close to someone who haven’t been coming here for about 4 years already.

“If I may ask, how long have you’ve been working here?” Nako chuckled to Chaeyeon’s question.

“My mother works here when I was a child, she often brings me here. That’s how I got to know

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter