Chapter 3

Unexpected
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'

PS> You know the drill, every dialogues that are in bold letters are in Japanese.

 

Author’s POV

 

 

 

Chaeyeon, after her absurd encounter with the rude girl who run into her, just decided to go back to her room. Feeling even more exhausted after what happened, she immediately went to sleep as soon as she got inside of her room. . She even forgot to unpack her things.  She was never the type to make simple things complicated, but there is just something about that girl the bothers her. She knows she should have just let it go like she usually does, but for some reason she felt like running after the girl.

 

The following day, Chaeyeon bumped into Nako on her way to the dining hall.

 

“Good morning Miss Chaeyeon” The shorter girl greeted the taller one.

“Ah Nako, good morning” Chaeyeon greeted back without  forgetting to bow a little.

“Are you perhaps going to the dining hall?” Nako asked which Chaeyeon nodded in response.

“Do you mind me walking with you? I’m on my way there too” Nako smiled

“No, I don’t mind at all” Chaeyeon waved her hands as she smiled at the shorter girl.

“So, how is your first night here?” Nako casually asked as they walk together. Chaeyeon look at the shorter girl, contemplating whether she’ll tell her about what happened the night before.

“Well…” Chaeyeon trailed off “…the room is nice. Very good job with the interior design, it felt very cozy and homey…” Chaeyeon gave the shorter girl a thumbs up while nodding her head. Nako looked at the taller girl, sensing that the girl is perhaps hesitating to tell her something.

“I can sense a ‘but’ coming” Nako commented.

“Well… there was this uhmm…” Chaeyeon once again trailed off “…girl who run into me yesterday. She was very, very rude. My night would have been perfect…I guess, if I didn’t meet that girl” Chaeyeon said. Chaeyeon still get a little irritated when she remembers the rude girl.

“Rude?” What Chaeyeon said got Nako thinking. There are currently 9 group of guests in the inn. Most of the guests were families and as far as she knows, everyone’s been polite. She hasn’t encountered anyone who she can categorize as rude.

“Nako-san, are we here?” Nako snapped at her thoughts as she heard the taller girl. Seeing the familiar chairs and table, Nako immediately guided Chaeyeon to one of the tables. Chaeyeon sat down as Nako hands her the menu.

“Aren’t you going to sit with me?” Chaeyeon asked. Seeing as the shorter girl is wearing casual clothes, she assumed that the girl must be on her day off or something. So, it might be fine to ask the shorter girl to accompany her. And besides, she knows no one except her.

Nako, who was a bit surprised with the question, eventually nods and smiles at the taller girl. After getting Chaeyeon’s order, she passed it on the counter, so the chefs could prepare it. She also got herself a meal. She went back to their table after she asked one of the staffs to just bring it to them. She sat down in front of the taller girl, there was short silence between them, until she realized that Chaeyeon looks like someone she knows, not personally, but she still does though.

“Wait…” Nako trailed off “…you’re Chaeyeon!?” Nako’s eyes went wide which made the blond laugh.

“Ah, yeah? You’ve been calling me that since I arrived. Yes, my name’s Chaeyeon” Chaeyeon giggled, finding the shorter girl funny.

“No, you’re Chaeyeon right? THE CHAEYEON?” Nako said with a wide grin plastered on her face. Chaeyeon, who finally understood the girl’s question, was frozen on the spot. She momentarily forgot that, even though their group is not famous in Japan, as they were instructed to just promote in Korea and in Korea only, there are still some people who might recognize her. Chaeyeon, mentally facepalmed herself, thinking how stupid her decision on vacationing on a place where K-pop is very well-known.

“Am I not supposed to know that?” Nako innocently asked.

“No, no, its just that I’m on vacation. And, I don’t want anyone to find out that I’m here.” Chaeyeon explain. When she came here, all she was thinking is that, she will finally have a little bit of freedom here. She doesn’t want anyone to know that she’s an idol. Let alone an IZONE member.

“Oh, don’t worry, I’m probably the only one who listens to K-pop here. I wouldn’t tell anyone, trust me” The shorter girl gave Chaeyeon an eyesmile that washed all Chaeyeon’s doubt about her. After a few minutes, their meal arrived. The staff served them their food with a smile before bowing and leaving them to eat peacefully.

“Now, that I think about it, Eunbi onee-chan was the one who arranged your reservation here. That and your name alone screams ‘an IZONE member is coming’.” Nako chuckled realizing how oblivious she was. Chaeyeon, being light-hearted, laughed with the shorter girl too.

“But, Miss Chaeyeon-“ Chaeyeon interrupted the shorter girl. Hearing the other girl calling her name so formally didn’t sit right with her.

“You could just call me Chaeyeon if you want.”

“EHH?? Really? Then I’ll call you unnie then, since you’re a year older than me” Nako exclaimed. Chaeyeon laughed at the other girl’s enthusiasm. She even finds it funny that the shorter girl knows her age but failed to recognize her earlier.

“Okay then” Chaeyeon agreed. And with that, the two stated to chow down on the delicious meal presented to them. Chaeyeon was really pleased that she found a friend in a foreign country. Even though, they’ve only met and are practically still strangers, Chaeyeon’s gut feel is telling her that they’ll be good friends in the future.

“Unnie, I almost forgot, there are Koreans here too. There are 2 other Korean girls that checked in here.” Chaeyeon almost choked on her food when she heard what Nako have said. Koreans? Chaeyeon started to feel a little restless. Wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter