Chapter 4

Unexpected
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AUTHOR’S POV

 

 

 

“How could that girl be the owner?” Chaeyeon mumbled while shifting from left to right on her futon. She’s still in disbelief that the owner of this humble place is a girl with an attitude. Chaeyeon wouldn’t deny the fact that that girl is pretty, heck she could even pass as an idol with that features but with that kind of attitude, Chaeyeon can’t help but to look past her physical attributes. All she could think of when she sees Sakura is her ‘awful’ attitude.

A ring from her phone stopped her train of thoughts. Chaeyeon immediately answered her phone without even looking at the caller as soon as she picked it up from the side.

“Hello?” Chaeyeon greeted.

“Chaeyeon-ah” Recognizing the voice from the other line, Chaeyeon sighed.

“Unnieeee” Chaeyeon’s fans might find her cute and all but she seldom does aegyo. She’s IZ*ONE’s charismatic main dancer after all.

“What’s with the sudden aegyo Chae?” The girl from the other line chuckled.

“Joohyun unniieeeee” The blonde seriously missed hearing the voice of her favorite unnie. Don’t get her wrong, Eunbi would always be her number 1 unnie, but Joohyun will always have a big spot on  her heart. Joohyun is a famous senior from her high school. Joohyun once spotted her dancing at their school’s abandoned music room and persuaded her to join their dance club and became close since then. Chaeyeon would always ask Joohyun on why she won’t consider auditioning as an idol, considering the fact that she’s an amazing dancer as well and don’t get her started on how alluring Joohyun is. Joohyun would just tell her that dancing is her stress reliever, and that she doesn’t want to hate it eventually.

“You missed me that much huh?” Joohyun dongsaeng expecting her to retaliate as usual but to Chaeyeon did the opposite.

“Of course I do unnie. Its been almost half a year since we last talked. How are you? How’s Italy? How was the fashion show? Did you do great? Oh my, why am I even asking that, of course you did great!” Chaeyeon, missing her unnie, couldn’t help herself from asking a question after a question.

“Aigoo, little Chae I missed you too. Everything has been great Chaeyeon-ah. The fashion show went exceptionally great! Jessica unnie even gave me a little break saying that I’ve earned it” Joohyun said.

“That great unnie! You’re going to tour around Italy aren’t you? You’re so lucky unnie!” Joohyun chuckled at the younger’s response.

“Actually, I’m not in Italy right now” Chaeyeon was suddenly confused. Why would she pass on the opportunity to admire the breathtaking places in Italy. She can still remember on how excited the older girl was when she found out that her boss picked her to accompany her to manage the B&E fashion show in Italy.

“Where are you now?” The blonde asked the older girl.

“I heard from my little me that you’re in Japan right no-“ Joohyun didn’t even get to finish what she was saying when Chaeyeon interrupted her.

“NO WAY” Chaeyeon exclaimed

“Yes way Chae” Joohyun chuckled.

“You’re in Japan right now?! Let’s meet up unnie!” Chaeyeon can really feel her excitement and no one is allowed to mock her for it because the last time they were able to talk was roughly half a year ago. They were also not able to meet up for almost a year because of the younger’s busy schedule.

“What are you talking about? I’m on my way to Miyawaki’s inn right now” Joohyun giggled

“REALLY?” The formerly lying Lee Chaeyeon abruptly sat up with what she heard.

“Yes, really” Joohyun chuckled at the younger’s reaction.

“I’m hanging up now Chae. See you in a bit!”

“See you unnie!” The older girl ended their call. And with that, Chaeyeon hurriedly went over to her mini closet to find something that is not her pajamas to change in to. She went inside the shower to freshen up.

 

 

 

 

After showering, Chaeyeon immediately went out of her room to wait for Joohyun at the lobby. She was walking her way there when she saw Sakura walking towards her direction. Being engrossed with the papers she was reading, Sakura was not able to notice the blonde not until they were only arms away. Their eyes met and they stared at each other for a like a whole minute before Chaeyeon broke off their eye contact. She sneered as she continued walking, remembering how stoic the other girl’s expression is. As soon as Chaeyeon walked passed the other girl, Sakura unexpectedly said something.

“If you have something to say Miss Lee, talk to me. You don’t have to sneer at me” Sakura’s cold voice can be heard which made the taller girl halt from walking.

“I don’t want to ruin my night by talking to someone as rude as you, so if you may excuse me, I have to go” Chaeyeon was never like this to anyone. It’s just that, Sakura somehow managed to get on the blonde’s nerves. Just seeing the Japanese girl already gives Chaeyeon an unpleasant feeling.

“Rude? You’re the one who’s rude Ms. Lee.” Sakura exclaimed which made the Korean girl to snap.

“How am I rude? When you’re the one who bumped onto me, cracked my phone and ran off without even saying anything. A simple sorry would have suffice Miyawaki-san” Chaeyeon turned to face the Japanese girl as she uncharacteristically spats venom with every word she’s saying, feeling riled up again.

Hearing the Korean girl, Sakura turned around and was greeted with a glare which she responded to with a glare of her own.

“You were rude because you didn’t respect my privacy that I badly needed that night. If you were so respectful as you claim yourself to be, you should have left me alone.” Sakura replied with the same intensity.

“So asking for an apology is rude now?” Chaeyeon spat.

“Asking for an apology and being oblivious are two different things Miss Lee. If you were respectful enough, you wouldn’t have followed a crying girl and forced her to talk to you. You wouldn’t have run after an already distressed girl to only stress her out even more.” Sakura’s stone-cold eyes were flashing something different when she said those things. It was like her eyes are screaming because of pain for a second there. And seeing the look in the Japanese eyes, Chaeyeon was taken a back.

“Cat got your tongue Miss Lee? Did you finally realize how ‘rude’ you were that night?” Sakura kept on spatting venom after venom.

“I wouldn’t have gone after you if YOU were sensible enough to SAY SORRY. You could have mumble it before you ran off, you could have at least looked my way and bowed even for a little bit...” Chaeyeon trailed off, walking nearer and nearer to the Japanese girl until they were only a foot apart. “BUT, you did not, instead you ran off without even sparing a glance at the girl who ended up on the floor because of you” Chaeyeon retaliated, glaring at the girl in front of her. But surprisingly, Sakura kept mum. She was just staring at the blonde’s eyes.

“Now, lemme ask you Miyawaki-san. Cat got your tongue?” Chaeyeon exclaimed, feeling that she managed to win their argument. A small smile was already appearing on her face when it was immediately replaced with a frown when she saw the smirk that is plastered on the girl in front of her.

“Nah, it’s just that your idiocrasy amazes me.” Sakura said while smirking before she turned around and then walked away from the Korean girl. Feeling frustrated, Chaeyeon walked off to the other direction mumbling some incoherent things.

 

 

 

 

 

As soon as Chaeyeon arrived at the lobby, she flopped down on the sofa, sighing as she felt the softness of it. Feeling tired after her argument with Sakura, feeling the softness of the sofa made wonders. She patiently waited for her unnie to arrive. Glancing at the entrance every now and then. And after a few minutes of waiting, the door opened revealing the goddess that is Bae Joohyun. Joohyun looked around until she met eyes with her dongsaeng. Chaeyeon stood up and went to greet her unnie with a big smile plastered on her face.

“Unnie!” Chaeyeon hugged her unnie, definitely happy about seeing her in flesh again.

“Aigoo, Chaeyeon-ah” Joohyun chuckled as she pats the younger’s back.

“I missed you unnie” Chaeyeon exclaimed a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter