Chapter 1

Unexpected
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Author’s POV

 

 

“You can’t just walk out on me Lee Chaeyeon!” A man in his mid-forties yelled at the retreating figure of IZ*ONE’s main dancer. But, as if not hearing anything, Chaeyeon went out of the room without any hesitation.

“Why is she being like this? What would your fans say?!”The man started pacing around the room yelling out his frustrations.

“Oppa, clam down. Technically, Chaeyeon’s not breaking any contract or anything because the management allowed her to go” Eunbi reasoned out with their manager.

“Eunbi unnie’s right oppa. And besides, it’s not like she’ll leave the group.” Yujin butted in with Yena and the rest of the girls agreeing on what the younger have said.

“Girls, she’s on hiatus! She’s suddenly on hiatus! What will your fans say? This could affect her career. No, not only hers, but yours too. Don’t you understand what I’m trying to say here?” Their manager sat down as he buries his face to his palms. Feeling utterly upset upon hearing Chaeyeon’s indefinite hiatus from the group.

“Oppa… try to understand her side. She’s been nothing but obedient and hardworking. Even the mmost hardworking person needs their break” Yena said while their manager stayed silent with his face still buried on his palms.

“We understand where you’re coming from oppa. You’re upset because she didn’t consult this to you before talking to the management right? Wh-“ Eunbi was not able to finish what she was saying when their manager interrupted her.

“Of course, I’m upset Eunbi-ah. She should have told me first. She should have talked to me but instead she decided to leave me in the dark.” Their manager was clearly upset with what’s happening and the girls can see that.

“If she talked to you first, you wouldn’t allow her to even talk to the management. Try listening to us for once oppa. We’re human being too, we can get tried and annoyed of all the being thrown at us. “ Chaewon who’s been nothing but quite since their manager’s confrontation with Chaeyeon, has finally cracked. Yes, they’ve been receiving support and love from people around the world. Their albums are always sold out, their fans have been increasing in number too. They were even dubbed as the ‘Nation’s Girl Group’. But, with immense popularity comes with unwanted hate and high expectations. And living up to those expectations are as tiring as it can get. That’s what their managers and management doesn’t really understand.

 

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

“Hey, Yena-ah” Chaeyeon greeted as she answers her phone.

“Chaeyeonie, we’ve talked with oppa after you left. He’s still upset but he won’t be able to do anything about it tho” Yena chuckled.

“Yeah! He was so upset he looked like an angry boar” Yujin shouted as she laughs with Wonyoung.

“Am I on speaker?”

“Yes, you’re on speaker unnie” She’s definitely on speaker as she heard Chaewon re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter